May 2, 2024
61 Guests and 2 Members Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
2015 Gathering of the Juggalos Location, Information, NEWS and Discussion
February 8, 2014
5:32 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
161sp_Permalink sp_Print

The rules say no illegal drugs too, so take them with a grain of salt lol

February 9, 2014
12:50 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148
162sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said
the only guys i know bitten by recluses were white ass hillbillies.  

dumb story, one of em literally performed surgery on himself, excised the flesh off his own hand.  fucked up dude.  

Well there goes that hypothesis.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

February 9, 2014
4:31 pm
HatchetJedi
HatchetJedi
Members
Forum Posts: 63
163sp_Permalink sp_Print

OCJ_Brendan said

While im on this tangent I am testing a correlation between Black Men and Brown Recluses....I personally know three Black guys that all have gotten hit by them (including the one mentioned earlier in the post) and coincidentally they are the only three people I have ever met who have ever been bit by one at all.  Do Brown Recluse spiders enjoy dark meat?  If you are a Black guy who wants to test this hypothesis please do not contact me...I hear the bites are excruciating...

We have brown recluses all over the place around here where I live, don't have very many black people, yet have recluse bites happening all the time. So...I think that you're kind of on the right track, but I think that they may actually target whatever the dominant race happens to be in their surrounding area. So here, where there white is the majority race, followed closely by Hispanics then Native Americans I think they would naturally target the white population. Yet somewhere such as South Central LA where Blacks or Hispanics are by far the majority populations then the recluses would probably leave white people alone. Or maybe the spiders just don't like humans in general. Or, if you want to go way out into left field with the theory, poisonous spiders could be one of the ways that nature had developed to keep the human population from becoming to large for the planet to sustain, yet with all the pesticides and other scientific advancements we've made, we have eliminated most all of natures natural population controls.

February 10, 2014
9:22 am
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559
Juggalos, just an FYI. As of this morning, all of the Cabins in the Woods and high powered Big Balla sites for the 15th Gathering of the Juggalos are SOLD THE FUCK OUT! But the 20 and 30 amp Balla sites are still available as of right now, so if you're interested in kickin' it Balla style at the Gathering this year, you better snatch 'em up NOW 'cause they're going quick.

PS: The first wave of information regarding who is performing at this year's Gathering should be announced in the next Hatchet Herald.

February 10, 2014
9:39 am
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
165sp_Permalink sp_Print
UPDATE: ALL Balla sites are now SOLD THE FUCK OUT!
February 10, 2014
12:38 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
166sp_Permalink sp_Print

Seems like this year's gathering is gonna have a huge turnout!

February 10, 2014
6:11 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886
167sp_Permalink sp_Print

I might be going this year. My friend doesn't want to car pool with anybody though. I understand their point, but thats what I did the times I went. I knew the people though so it wasn't like I went with strangers. Our cars wouldn't make it to the Gathering so we would probably have to buy a van or rent something, which I don't know how much that will all run us. Buying a van is one of the last things I'd want to do if I were to go though.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

February 11, 2014
1:50 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
168sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm not a fan of carpooling for a couple of reasons. The primary one being that I would need to really trust that the person riding with me was going to be ready on time to leave, both going there and coming home. Wouldn't want to have to wait around for someone to get ready, or to have to hunt for someone passed out in a tent somewhere on the last morning. I've been lucky that my friends from home are cool in that regard, otherwise they wouldn't ride with me! I'd also be concerned about picking up someone that would try to make me take the fall for their drugs if there happened to be a police stop or an accident. I can't be fucking with that at all.

-Jules

February 11, 2014
4:54 am
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001
169sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dont let people bring drugs or paraphernalia with them when I road trip with'em. Other than that my girl is really the one who sets rules, not me. Like she don't let people smoke in her car, which is the one we have to take as mine is a fucking hooptie (with a smash in the fender, and in the back too!), and since hers is a Toyota Carolla, our passengers also gotta travel light. Didnt really cause to much trouble. Except her n my homie jake were really at each other's throats by the end of last years gathering, as he came REALLY unprepared and she didnt like having to basically support him the whole time, and heat exhaustion is a motherfucker lol. That was the only bummer of the gathering really was them two fighting and having to be the voice of reason.

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

February 11, 2014
8:04 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9043
170sp_Permalink sp_Print

LTB said
I dont let people bring drugs or paraphernalia with them when I road trip with'em. Other than that my girl is really the one who sets rules, not me. Like she don't let people smoke in her car, which is the one we have to take as mine is a fucking hooptie (with a smash in the fender, and in the back too!), and since hers is a Toyota Carolla, our passengers also gotta travel light. Didnt really cause to much trouble. Except her n my homie jake were really at each other's throats by the end of last years gathering, as he came REALLY unprepared and she didnt like having to basically support him the whole time, and heat exhaustion is a motherfucker lol. That was the only bummer of the gathering really was them two fighting and having to be the voice of reason.

I got a Corolla too, great lil ride eh? My wife also has no smoking but in her Subaru lol... peeps whine like we aren't giving them a ride in the cars we paid fo.

I loathe that bickering dude, I'm all floating high off the final show n peeps get bitchy lol

February 11, 2014
3:02 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148
171sp_Permalink sp_Print

LTB said

In like 2007 I went through this exactly...down to the Carolla...except the homie I fought to get a spot for ended up stabbing me in the back because my ex wouldn't feed him after like 3 days...He told her I was just using her for the gathering and planned on breaking up with her when we got back to VA and had already lined up a side piece with her best freind...all this was true but I still broke his nose and blackend one of his eyes...on the bros before hoes principal...Funny thing is we still had to ride home with his swollen ass...he was like a scorned child the whole trip using his pleases and thank yous to avoid another beating...

We held a family meeting a week later and kicked him outta OCJ by a unanimous vote...

Oh yeah this tangent was mostly to say this:  The ride home BLOWS....everyone is always tired as fuck and the magic is gone...tensions run high so be kind to your fellow ninja...unless they dime you out...then you fuck them up.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

February 11, 2014
3:11 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886
172sp_Permalink sp_Print

I knew the people before hand and I knew what kind of people they were and all. They were all pretty responsible people. Cig smoking was fine as almost every one was but other types of smoking, nah. I was cool with waiting it out anyway, just smoked a pack alone on the way to get to the Gathering. Cigarettes are a nasty habit.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

February 12, 2014
6:30 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
173sp_Permalink sp_Print

From Lake News Online:

A music festival headed to Lake of the Ozarks has drawn the attention of at least one state representative.

In response to a slew of contacts from constituents, State Representative Rocky Miller (R-124) is spearheading efforts to make certain the promoters of “The Gathering” are held accountable and follow state and local rules and regulations.

The event is scheduled to be held in August at a campground in Kaiser.

According to a report by the Associated Press, the festival is headlined by the rap-metal group Insane Clown Posse. For the last seven years, the festival has been held at Hogrock in southern Illinois.

Suburban Detroit-based Psychopathic Records Inc. offered few details on the shift from the Hogrock campsite near Cave-In-Rock to Lake of the Ozarks.

The two members of Insane Clown Posse are Joseph Bruce and Joseph Utsler, who perform as wicked clowns. Insane Clown Posse performs a style of hardcore hip hop known as horrorcore and is known for its elaborate live performances. Their followers are referred to as “Juggalos.”

“I got a lot of contacts on the latest music festival coming to the area,” Miller said in a report to his constituents on Feb. 7. “After some research, I discovered this festival is headlined by the Insane Clown Posse (ICP). The followers of the ICP are known as the Juggalos.”

The event is said to attract tens of thousands of participants. The festival has gained a bad reputation.

Miller said while it is not possible for him to stop the event, his office did contact all the state agencies involved and verifying they knew of the festival to ensure all of the applicable laws are followed.

According to Miller, his office has notified the Departments of Natural Resources, Health, Transportation, Public Safety and Tourism.

“In addition, we have contacted the Secretary of State and Attorney General Offices,” Miller said.

“This may not sound like much, but anyone previously putting on an outdoor festival will tell you that a lot of state agencies need to be satisfied. We are also researching to see if the music promoters can be bonded to verify that all of our law enforcement and other tax paid services will be paid for,” he said in the report. “This festival has a bad reputation from what I can obtain from the internet, but I am hopeful that if they can follow our local and state laws, everyone attending can have a good, safe time and all other visitors and locals will be protected.”

Miller County Sheriff Bill Abbott said he would be contacting other law enforcement agencies to assist during the festival.

February 12, 2014
10:38 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9043
174sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't like riding with much of anyone for a long time lol.. I need the security of having my own ride with my own timing and music. Driving safety is also of the utmost importance. The less distractions the better. And I hate turning to look at my passengers to chat for the reason of focus. It only takes a second and someone is dead. 

Gotta have spare tire (at least a donut), jumper cables, flares, flash light, jack and tire iron, knives, hand tools, jug of water... yeah I'm the boy scout who never was one lol. I was a cub scout tho but that's irrelevant.

February 12, 2014
11:44 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
175sp_Permalink sp_Print

As long as they aren't busting people for soft drugs (Weed, shrooms even) I am perfectly fine with making sure people follow "laws and regulations"

February 13, 2014
12:18 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
176sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking. People are making it out like following the law is a terrible thing. I don't want anyone to be murdered, assaulted, hurt/killed by a drunk driver, raped or any of those things where enforcement of the law is a very good thing. Would be the bone if they were cracking down hard core on soft drugs, but at the end of the day...if it's illegal, that's the risk you take.

-Jules

February 13, 2014
2:35 am
twiztidkillaxxx2
twiztidkillaxxx2
Members
Forum Posts: 4364
177sp_Permalink sp_Print

No snitches

January 14, 2015
1:43 pm
Ben_uk
Members
Forum Posts: 107
178sp_Permalink sp_Print

So is it too early to restart this?

Few questions:

1- nearest airport

2- do I need a visa to get in the country

3 - is it safe for hire cars?

January 14, 2015
2:23 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
179sp_Permalink sp_Print

@ben_uk said
So is it too early to restart this?

Few questions:

1- nearest airport

Since you are coming from the UK: Port Columbus International Airport -> http://flycolumbus.com/

2- do I need a visa to get in the country

Yes, a visitor's visa -> http://travel.state.gov/conten.....visit.html

3 - is it safe for hire cars?

Maybe. I always rent a vehicle so I don't put miles on my car. ... but... there are people going to the gathering that may be willing to pick you up at the airport. Some on this forum did exactly that last year.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
January 14, 2015
2:32 pm
Ben_uk
Members
Forum Posts: 107
180sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beautiful thank you for that. I have to start planning very early. Very very early ! It's going to cost me close to $3000 in total!

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: The Warlock
41 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Denniscleme, lopdoz, KennethSic, marijuana edibles, PromotionErump

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845