May 18, 2024
16 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
2015 Gathering of the Juggalos Location, Information, NEWS and Discussion
February 4, 2014
7:36 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

LTB said
I learned my lesson quick on the sensory overload. Within an hour of getting to the gathering I got drunk and high off my fucking ass, puking my guts out, passing out, waking up to puke more, and passing out again til midday.  I learned to regulate myself after that man, holy shit. I just lost myself in that magic.

We all do.  My first year I ate a bunch of mushrooms around noon tripped balls till 6 and passed out and missed Dark Lotus...I was so heated cuz I had never seen them live...but meh shit happens you learn to regulate after the first day/trip depending on your curve.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

February 4, 2014
7:56 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

im at the point now where all the regulation is done in the time period before walking through the gate, and then again walking out.  

not to say im runnin wild and unregulated, just not telling myself, i gotta do this, not gonna do that [exception: the meetup massacre].  i been to enough gatherings that now, i just let it flow.  

last year i missed just about everybodys show, but was only mad at myself for missing psycho realm.  the rest [including lotus], i wasnt real worried about.  hangin around with gathering homies was just as important.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 4, 2014
8:02 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

I do love me some concerts though..I try and hit as many as I can...but I get ya point...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

February 4, 2014
8:06 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

cant believe someone would kick a dog for 5 bucks..what a fuckin asshole.

February 4, 2014
8:12 pm
chieflocc
chieflocc
Omaha Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 546
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just went and got a shirt made with a hatchet man on front and Chief on the back. 35$ but totally worth it

February 4, 2014
8:18 pm
Suplex
Suplex
Members
Forum Posts: 49
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

OCJ_Brendan said
Yeah the one silver lining is that there are enough juggalos with common decency at least in my experience to rectify idiots quite rapidly.  The last year I went there was this kid walking around with a sign that said kick my dog 5 bucks or some tacky shit like that.  My girl saw it (We are both huge animal lovers) and went to go call him out on that shit.  I interceded naturally and explained to him that if I saw anyone kicking his dog Id put my foot up his ass for free...and as I was saying this two quite large native 505 Juggalos came up and basically took his dog away from him, because he wasn't being respectful to it.  I saw one of them with it a day or two later it was fresh.

Ultra respect. The image of them big natives walking away with that pup made my day. Fuck that guy and his mother.

February 4, 2014
8:27 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

Suplex said

Ultra respect. The image of them big natives walking away with that pup made my day. Fuck that guy and his mother.

Ive got big issues with Child abuse (There are a few threads with my tirades about my upbringing), domestic abuse (from either end) and animal abuse...basicially if you cannot defend yourself and someone is beating you emotionally or physically, idk what it is but I go redzone and simply cannot stop myself from interceding...one day it may get me shot by some enraged asshole, but at least Ill know I went down with my integrity intact.

February 4, 2014
8:32 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

heroic.  

February 4, 2014
9:32 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

Elder abuse is pretty shitty too. I hate people who feel so powerless that they have to harm and control others...

February 5, 2014
6:10 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9045
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

OCJ that sucks that it has gotten lamer in recent years. I always tell the people that judge the event based on internet photos that "its not like that!". But I guess it is in ways. Judging from those pictures, the crowd has seemingly gotten more physically odd as well. Lots of redneck looking folks. Is this also true of recent times?

February 5, 2014
11:48 am
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

Old Mr Dangerous said
OCJ that sucks that it has gotten lamer in recent years. I always tell the people that judge the event based on internet photos that "its not like that!". But I guess it is in ways. Judging from those pictures, the crowd has seemingly gotten more physically odd as well. Lots of redneck looking folks. Is this also true of recent times?

Id personally say yes...but I think the location had a bit to do with that as well.  When I would ask ninjas where they were from it would either be somewhere far or somewhere exceedingly close like one town over...Southern Illinois is not known for its Mensa meetings...

February 5, 2014
12:19 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members
Forum Posts: 725
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

werwr.pngImage Enlarger

Man what the fuck!?!!? Greyhound away I guess. @scruffy you live in MO, are greyhound rates cheap? Fuck amn it should of stayed in IL.

My brain is gone, my brain is gone, say no more my brain is gone

February 5, 2014
12:50 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Chuklz said
werwr.pngImage Enlarger

Man what the fuck!?!!? Greyhound away I guess. @scruffy you live in MO, are greyhound rates cheap? Fuck amn it should of stayed in IL.

You fuckin pussy that's exactly as far as it is from me and im hype as fuck. It was only 2 hours closer in illinois. 

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

February 5, 2014
1:09 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

LTB said

Chuklz said
werwr.pngImage Enlarger

You fuckin pussy that's exactly as far as it is from me and im hype as fuck. It was only 2 hours closer in illinois. 

Man fuck you lol. Yeah I am overbitching i guess. Im just broke and its gonna cost alot. So worth it for my first gathering

February 5, 2014
1:12 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001
115sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lol, it wont cost too much man. Ticket gas and food and water are the minimums you need.

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

February 5, 2014
1:27 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

LTB said
Lol, it wont cost too much man. Ticket gas and food and water are the minimums you need.

I'm mostly worried about the gas man. Imma see how much the greyhound costs.

>Ticket gas and food and water are the minimums you need.

>and weed

February 5, 2014
2:45 pm
Suplex
Suplex
Members
Forum Posts: 49
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

8 hours?!?! Consider yourself lucky. This is my 7th year coming from California. This year is actually 5 hours closer so the trips only 28 hours.

February 6, 2014
11:26 am
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

Suplex said
8 hours?!?! Consider yourself lucky. This is my 7th year coming from California. This year is actually 5 hours closer so the trips only 28 hours.

id say fuck that and take a train or plane if i was you.

February 6, 2014
3:57 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

ST. LOUIS (AP) — An annual festival headlined by the rap-metal group Insane Clown Posse will be staged in Missouri after six years in southern Illinois, promoters of the trouble-plagued Gathering of the Juggalos said.

Suburban Detroit-based Psychopathic Records Inc. offered few details on the shift from the Hogrock campsite near Cave-In-Rock — the gathering's home since 2007 — to the CryBaby Campground in Kaiser, a rural community about 170 miles west of St. Louis.

The Missouri site, labeled Harlequin Park, offers "the same level of intimacy that we enjoyed at (Hogrock) for all those years but this campground also has plenty of flavor that (Hogrock) didn't have," including cellphone reception and nearby hotels and shops, the promoter said in an online newsletter. It said the four-day event will take place in August.

While drawing some 10,000 people each year, the Gathering of the Juggalos has developed a reputation for unruliness marked by drug overdoses, fights, arrests and deaths. Fans of Insane Clown Posse duo Joseph "Violent J" Bruce and Joseph "Shaggy 2 Dope" Utsler are known as Juggalos.

In 2010, fans pelted actress Tila Tequila with stones, bottles and feces, and a fan was stabbed. One attendee drowned the following year while trying to swim in the nearby Ohio River. And last year, a 24-year-old fan, Cory Collins of Harrisburg, Ill., was found dead on the festival's grounds, where dozens of attendees were arrested on drug-related and disorderly conduct charges.

The gathering was a recurring headache for Hardin County Sheriff Jerry Fricker, given the overtime his Illinois department was forced to shell out for deputies to monitor and control the crowds. Fricker has said it also was a drain on the ambulance service and the county's small hospital. He said Juggalos often didn't carrying identification or they gave the medical staff aliases so they couldn't be billed for treatment.

Bill Abbott, the sheriff of Miller County where the CryBaby Campground is located, did not respond to a call from The Associated Press seeking comment Thursday.

Vendors at the last event complained they were owed more than $300,000 by promoters, and some said they had received bad checks. Psychopathic Records said it planned to make good with the vendors.

The American Civil Liberties Union, on behalf of the Insane Clown Posse duo and four fans, last month sued the U.S. Justice Department in Detroit over a 2011 FBI report depicting the Juggalos as a dangerous, "loosely organized hybrid gang." The group argues that its fans are family, not a gang.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.....mg00000027

February 6, 2014
4:00 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

not too fiery or alarmist, about what youd expect.  

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
37 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

PedroAbach, laticiagibson, xidotir783

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845