April 23, 2024
40 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
FLH Forum Meetup Massacre 2016
June 1, 2016
5:46 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

seven weeks. 

only seven. 

lets talk about some meetup massacre, shall we? 

Meetup Massacre 2015Image Enlarger

for those who missed it, in our last episode:  the FLH Forum Meetup Massacre is an officially sanctioned event at the gathering.  officially sanctioned by the authority of anybody who plans for it and/or shows for it.  they occur each day, so referring to them in the plural ['massacres'] also makes sense and is acceptable. 

this will be the fifth massacre attempted, the fourth in which people actually meet, and the third to feature freshtastic custom souvenir t-shirts

if you would like to know more about the history, visit your local library, or read the 2015 thread, or the 2013/2014 thread.

in the past, the only things to really discuss were meetup times and meetup places.  later, shirts. 

times and places are still the most important, by far.  this year, however, its more than just shirts tacked on.  the Faygoluvers Village will play into it.  maybe the 'grilling subcommittee'.  the possibility of a meetup sometime before gates [intended, not accidental].

and more.  more...?  more. 

a good start, though, is times and places.  multiple meetups are a given, the rest is not. 

off the bat, try to remember that we all look over the timeline, and decide what we gotta gotta hit up.  cant tailor the meetups to fit one persons itinerary.

but we got lots of time to get into it.  [only seven weeks!] 

me just speakin for me, i dont care if i miss every performance, long as i make the meetup massacre. 

begin. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 1, 2016
5:56 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Very well put scruffy.

i guess the meat up massacre BBQ will count as one. I'm leaning more towards day 2. About 2 pm.

This is a perfect time for someone to break it all down. What's  going to be the can't miss shit. 

If not then I will have to take a look at the schedule.... I don't want to do that...

I'm gonna give it a look over.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

June 1, 2016
6:17 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

bayAreaShaman said
Very well put scruffy.

i guess the meat up massacre BBQ will count as one. I'm leaning more towards day 2. About 2 pm.

This is a perfect time for someone to break it all down. What's  going to be the can't miss shit. 

If not then I will have to take a look at the schedule.... I don't want to do that...

I'm gonna give it a look over.  

2 PM is probably a great time every day except the last day. That's the ICP seminar.

By day:

2 PM Wednesday, you miss UPS and Psychopathic Radio Live. 

2 PM Thursday, you miss Ninja G, Dread Eye, JCW Tryouts, AMB Seminar where they undoubtedly will announce that they signed to MNE, Bukshot and Whitney Peyton autograph tent, psy radio, and you might have to bounce to catch the psypher auditions or killer klown academy at 3. 

2 PM Friday, you miss Frodo the G, G Mike, JCW Tryouts, Juggalo Auction, ICP and Lil Wyte in autograph tent, Peep this shit, might wanna leave early to catch the gong show.

2 PM Saturday, you miss Stoner Jordan, Nemesis Poe, ICP seminar, Hed PE and AMB in autograph Tent, Peep This Shit, might have to leave early if you wanna see the freak show deluxe

if for saturday, we wanna bump it up to whatever time we wanna plant ourselves for the icp seminar and have it there while we're waiting for the food fight, I think that could work. Or we can chill after, somewhere in the shade. We can chill there and wait for the ABK seminar, if we really wanna know whats up with him. 

I think most people will be OK with missing most of the stuff at those times, with exception of the icp seminar.

Faygoluvers camp is a good spot. Hopefully we can get it's location put up on the site though to make it easier to find this time. Seminar Tent works well, too, if we do it there every time. It's easy to find, shaded, and if nothing is going on then why not? 

Whoop Whoop Mr. Tidwell :

bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, CellE2057

June 1, 2016
7:10 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Nice thanks @robtidwell . 

Mr. Tidwell, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Nyro

June 1, 2016
8:31 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

I think the Day 1 meetup should be somewhere easily found by everyone (like, by the rides, in the seminar tent, etc.) in case the village doesn't work out for whatever reason/ for people not a part of the village. 

But also, we don't know the line situation so day 1 should probably be later than 2?  How about 6pm?  

And I think we need a way of meeting day 0 now since we are planning the village thing, but with everyone showing up at different times IDK how that would work as an official meetup?

edit: but I think 2pm day 2 would work great for the BBQ

Whoop Whoop JC :

bayAreaShaman, scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 1, 2016
8:36 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

I prefer the 12 noon timeslot. Less going on. Easy timeslot to remember.

Cons: Day 1, Some people may not be set up yet.

Maybe have the Day 1 at 2:00 or 3:00 and the rest of them at 12:00.

Just slinging ideas.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 1, 2016
8:37 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

2pm sounds kinda early to me.  Some of us ninjas wont even rise till after noon.  I know I pop Xanax and fall out around 5 or 6 making waking up for this sorta questionable.  Last year we did 5pm and it worked well jussayin.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

June 1, 2016
8:42 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

I think the other rationale there was main stage acts starting at 6 meant people could wander over together even though I dont think that really happened so much

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

June 1, 2016
8:53 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

I'm down for whatever time. I think for the massacres 3-5 sounds good. 

The BBQ should start a little earlier. That way so people can eat kick it and be on their way. Can't be to early cuz of the sun. Not to late cuz just out of experience u need to give itself time for these things.  Just room for error. I'm going to be starving by 3 and 4. We should be eating by then.

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 1, 2016
9:05 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

JC said
I think the Day 1 meetup should be somewhere easily found by everyone (like, by the rides, in the seminar tent, etc.) in case the village doesn't work out for whatever reason/ for people not a part of the village. 

But also, we don't know the line situation so day 1 should probably be later than 2?  How about 6pm?  

And I think we need a way of meeting day 0 now since we are planning the village thing, but with everyone showing up at different times IDK how that would work as an official meetup?

edit: but I think 2pm day 2 would work great for the BBQ  

Well i suppose since  u suppose to gather i would assume no matter whut time u arrive, the flh crew would be easy to spot, except at night. But if i arrivved at 2 am, day 1 morning, id assume the crew would be noticeable, even at night.

June 1, 2016
11:33 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

I think later in the afternoon seems like a good time. Everyone will be getting ready for the main stage and be up and at em. Especially on day 1 and day 4

@bayareashaman I'm down for day 2 for the BBQ. Probably a few hours before the regular meetup so it can just kinda be like a "come early for bbq" thing. 

Image Enlarger

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 2, 2016
12:08 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Lol sounds good to me man. 

By the way guys we will have punch and pie.

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 2, 2016
12:56 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

I'm with @ocj_brendan on it. In the past the time brackets that were tossed were around the 5-7p times before Main Stage. The presumption being that with no other scheduled events going on, that at some point everyone would have to funnel down the hills past Scottie's RV in order to get to Main Stage. But now we got this village thing...

Noon is just out for me as that's around the time I usually get up on my own and shamble to the Seminar tent for something or other. Looking at my schedule, 2p does seem to be free with the exception of the last day (ICP Seminar)... but if we do this wig thing, then we'll need to meet-up up there anyway.

Let me know what you come up with. Just keep in mind that 4p is the hottest part of the day and natural (usable) shade doesn't start to happen until around 6p

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

June 2, 2016
1:08 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Cheshyr said  
Looking at my schedule, 2p does seem to be free with the exception of the last day (ICP Seminar)... but if we do this wig thing, then we'll need to meet-up up there anyway.   

is real good point, that. 

Let me know what you come up with. Just keep in mind that 4p is the hottest part of the day and natural (usable) shade doesn't start to happen until around 6p    

we should take a minute to get into sun defense in the village thread. 

rain defense, too...  no tellin what the weather will be. 

is the village the current front-runner for meetup spot?  gotta consider, its a spot that wont be set in stone until right before meetup time. 

Image Enlarger

for convenience. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 2, 2016
1:22 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

I'm going to bring one of those fold open and close gazebo thing and a few tarps. I'm going to bring some rope. 

The wind and tarps tho.... 

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 2, 2016
1:38 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

lookin at the sched again, 2 to 4 is pretty much wide fuckin open for me, every single day. 

except for the seminar, which changes the good point about wigs that cheshyr made above into a really fuckin good point. 

what say the saturday meetup take place however early we decide is good to stake out for the icp seminar?  as tidwell and cheshyr are suggesting above.  by then, we will be much better at spotting each other. 

speakin of aboves, might as well add on: 

JC said   

right.  might be a lot less headache this way. 

the blank spot on the schedule at 6 makes me suspicious.  i have a feeling somethin will be happening then. 

definite need.  which is why its been the biggest sticky wicket in the village planning thread. 

bayAreaShaman said
I'm going to bring one of those fold open and close gazebo thing and a few tarps. I'm going to bring some rope. 
The wind and tarps tho....   

those folding canopies can usually be put up and taken down pretty quick, though, yeah? 

if we rig tarps, we rig em to be quick, too. 

and...  might as well add on: 

who all is gonna be representin the forum with me for @wow-a-chick and @sewerside at pendulum stage on friday?  yayyy! 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 2, 2016
3:50 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

I'll be there for wow's for sure and I'll do my best to head back for sewerside but I don't really plan on being there all day. 

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 2, 2016
11:57 am
sewerside
sewerside
south florida
Members
Forum Posts: 156

scruffy said 

and...  might as well add on: 

who all is gonna be representin the forum with me for @wow-a-chick and @sewerside at pendulum stage on friday?  yayyy!    

haha that's whats up @scruffy - i'm planning to tear the shit up best of my abilities.

Mr. Tidwell said
I'll be there for wow's for sure and I'll do my best to head back for sewerside but I don't really plan on being there all day.   

you should totally head back for sewerside rasta_gif i'm preparing a pretty cool party for my set - details to follow.

Also, has an actual time for the Meetup Massacre been determined? I really don't wanna miss it this year.

Whoop Whoop sewerside :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

and now i'm gonna be performin at Juggalo Day WHUT

Official Sewerside Website * Sewerside on Facebook

June 2, 2016
1:52 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

sewerside said    
Also, has an actual time for the Meetup Massacre been determined? I really don't wanna miss it this year.    

not really.  just gettin started. 

June 2, 2016
3:10 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

sewerside said

haha that's whats up @scruffy - i'm planning to tear the shit up best of my abilities.

Mr. Tidwell said

you should totally head back for sewerside rasta_gif i'm preparing a pretty cool party for my set - details to follow.

I definitely plan on it, I had realized last year that no matter how bad I wanted to attend something, I didn't always make it. So many forum people showed up to cheer me on for the art show that I really wanna return the favor and support forum peeps in their shit. It's marked on my timeline!

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
59 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

DeweySew, JosephPrope, Larrylak, khan123

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845