March 28, 2024
50 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
2015 Meetup Massacre
June 20, 2015
8:51 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

for those gathering attendees who dont know, the meetup massacre is the forums only 'official' event[s].  so far, anyway...  maybe there will be new shit established for this and future gotjs, but thats another topic.  

the idea is simple enough, in the abstract:  ninjas from the forum arrange for one or more times and one or more places to meet, hang out, and clique it up.  or not, whatever...  but at least, meet face-to-face with the heads from the forum that you might otherwise only know as screen names.  

its cool shit;  havin proper conversations that are direct, and unconstrained by the restrictions of posting;  and maybe, gettin up with your new gotj road dogs...  some or all of whom may end up bein real-ass homies [certainly, in my case, thats true].  

not to mention, attendees can score themselves an official meetup massacre commemorative souvenir t-shirt. see the shirt count thread for more about that.  

now then...  

the first order of business is:  who is gonna be there, and when and where are this years massacres takin place?  

before, it was noon and midnight of the first couple days, at the wrestling stage.  that format didnt work out quite as well as we mightve hoped, so its definitely not set in stone.  but its gettin to be gathering season, so it is time to start figuring this shit out.  

figured we might as well start a new thread for it each year, rather than re-titling the old one each time, to avoid confusion.  so, here we go.  

couple pics from last year, to add context and motivation:  

Image Enlarger

meetup-massacre-2-action-shot.jpgImage Enlarger

and just for the hell of it, the previous thread, covering 13 and 14.  basicly, the first two meetups.  

...and, go...!  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 20, 2015
10:59 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

I'll deff be there. 

I don't like noon and midnight. Maybe like 4 pm or something near the big top stage so it'll be right before the opening acts for the night? I'm stoked for that first nights line up, it's mostly everybody I wanna see at once, minus 2 or 3. 

The other option I have is we could all agree to hit bizarro world or a party together. I think Thursday is the night I'll be at bizarro world the most. 

June 20, 2015
11:48 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

I still think midnight is a tough since since people are probably doing something else then (like waiting for an act to finish up at main stage). How about two organized meets, during the day, on the first and second days? I thought noon worked well on the first day. Maybe noon again, or a little later, on day 2? Just a thought. I'll make sure to make it though.

-Jules

June 21, 2015
12:43 am
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Im going to defer to ninjas who went last year and go with whats decided...but im down to meet any and everyone from here for sure!

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

bayAreaShaman

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

June 21, 2015
12:53 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

I'll be getting in late so noon the first day does not work for me at all, but the second day does.

We should put this in this thread too so it's easier to look at whats going on.

Image Enlarger

June 21, 2015
10:14 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

I didn't make the first one at noon last year. Maybe if we push it to 2pm? And the midnight ones are never good. I think only 3 of us made it to the 1st midnight one last year and only 2 to the 2nd midnight one.

Did we decide on a location? I am still liking the area around the faygo bar/bizarro world.

Do we want to have an "unofficial" meetup during the parking lot party? @scottied will be Big Balling inside the grounds so he may not be out with us scrubs in the parking lot - but jumpsteady said during the PsyRadio show that Ballas could go out to the parking lot party. (This is the first year that he didn't explicitly say that there was no parking lot party - even though there always is)

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 21, 2015
10:36 am
Novocaine, The Blue Collar King
Novocaine, The Blue Collar King
Members
Forum Posts: 3773

i expect lots of pictures and footage of everyone doing stupid shit, so i can imagine i was there.

one day friends.

and when i do come, i am going to collect every single person i can. even if im forking out for peoples plane tickets.

June 21, 2015
3:11 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Well... based on my experience last year, the noon times are kinda iffy for me either because a)there are things going on I wanna make at that time or b)I'm too tired to drag my ass over there in time.

What about a 6p meet up as there seems to be a window between other events before any of the Main Stage acts go on?

Also, looking at the program, I guess that the Fun House Tent is pretty much the new Spazmatic/Bizarro Hangout. It's pretty much central to everywhere else and is far enough up the hill that choosing a direction to go to doesn't always involve hiking up yet another hill to get there.

Meh. There's still plenty of time to figure this one out.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

June 22, 2015
6:49 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

think ima go with brendans tactic...  just goin along with the consensus.  theres reasons for and against any times we come up with; the way the schedule is set up, pretty much everything conflicts with something anyway.  

im prepared to ignore whatever else is goin on at the moment, in favor of the meetups.  thats the paramount gathering event[s], for me.  the rest is secondary.  

but we do still kinda need to know the whens and wheres.  

oh, yeah...  meetup[s] during the parking lot party sounds like a dope idea to me.  

June 22, 2015
8:21 pm
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137

Since there's internet there you could yous this form to meat up

June 22, 2015
8:39 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

jrw said
Since there's internet there you could yous this form to meat up

@jrw , Are you gonna be there? If so, are you gonna get a shirt?

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 22, 2015
8:44 pm
jrw
pa
Members

I shore am going to be there I don't know much about the shirts but I would get one

June 23, 2015
2:26 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

While there is internet access, I for one, turn my shit on to airplane mode once I get there to save battery power for pictures and videos and turning it back on takes about as long as starting your phone back on from being completely off so... it's a pain in the ass. Basically, I don't have the ability to readily check the net all the time for updates. Formulating some kind of general consensus on times people CAN meet up is good just for those that aren't able (or don't want to) camp out on the web.

I also like the idea of a parking lot meetup. THAT would be probably the easiest one to have happen. I hope to get there myself somewhere around 3p on the 21st so... 

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

June 23, 2015
2:56 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

Okay, i took some initiative. Anything in red is something I absolutely do not want to miss, or something I know a lot of people will not want to miss. The black marks are the times I would be most interested in meeting with everybody. I put 2 hour blocks so that we can get there a bit late or take off a bit early to catch the other events, with exception of right before the ICP seminar where I figure we could get together after the art contest right outside the seminar tent and go in to see the ICP seminar and sit together if we want to.

At comic con, prior to an event, they don't clear the rooms. Does the gathering clear the tent prior to an event? If we could just bum rush seats after the art contest, and chill directly in there, that'd be cool too yeah? 

timelineweb.jpgImage Enlarger

June 23, 2015
4:18 am
jrw
pa
Members

They don't kick us out of the tents

June 23, 2015
1:04 pm
sewerside
sewerside
south florida
Members
Forum Posts: 156

I would definitely like to be there. Early day is probably the best time, like around 2 or 3 pm.  I agree with Scruffy that meeting up with people and chilling with homies is the highlight of the Gathering, there are definitely events I don't want to miss. Like the ICP seminar - I never miss that.

and now i'm gonna be performin at Juggalo Day WHUT

Official Sewerside Website * Sewerside on Facebook

June 23, 2015
1:43 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

it occurs to me that just having a start time only, is kinda limiting.  

we could treat it like they schedule the real events...  '1pm to 3pm', or '4pm to 6pm', et cetera.  lookin at it like that, some might show for the earlier part, some later, some hang around the whole time.  maybe everybody wouldnt all be there at the same time, but itd be a lil more flexible.  

and of course, anybody can set up their own meetups n parties n shit whenever they want;  once everybody knows who everybody is, itd be easy enough to pass the word around.  

June 23, 2015
4:44 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

jrw said
They don't kick us out of the tents

Then I'm def down for between the art contest and the ICP seminar so we can all chill together if we want.

June 23, 2015
8:03 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

What a couple others have said. It's more up to the alums for me. Unless it's something that I absolutely cannot miss (there's like two things), I'm making the mother fucker either way. I'm not checking my phone while I'm there though so hopefully it gets figured out before the date. Not to mention getting on here on a Windows Phone is...challenging even when I'm on my WiFi with full bars so trying it at a camp ground? Naw. Ain't happening. 

Meeting up at the parking lot party sounds cool as shit too. I'm socially awkward as all hell so breaking the ice before the first official day would be great.

June 23, 2015
8:59 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

social awkwardness is not unheard of.  i imagine everyone can take that sorta shit into account.  

@robtidwell - so, youre wantin a massacre on the fourth day?  pretty late in the game, aint it?

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
88 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows, Justinvam

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845