April 28, 2024
100 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
fl.net forum meetup massacre 2014
July 8, 2014
1:29 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
201sp_Permalink sp_Print

Another option y'all may or may not have considered - if I recall, if you're in a Google Group (or whatever they call it now) with people you can set it up that you can track each other's GPS. Now, as condensed as the crowd will be, I don't know how well that would work or how exact the signal would be... But it's a possibility if you would want to explore it. So instead of a meetup, it'd be more like a forum-member-scavenger-hunt. Just an idea to throw out there.

July 8, 2014
2:36 pm
One_3rd
One_3rd
Members
Forum Posts: 169
202sp_Permalink sp_Print

@sean-law  I plan on taking pictures and video. 

July 9, 2014
8:33 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
203sp_Permalink sp_Print

As far as meet up times go and the noon/midnight thing goes, I guess that's be good but how do we get everyone there at the same time on the same day?

Looking at the schedule:

Day 1: Noon - N/A

Midnight - Mick Foley (I gotta see this)

Day 2: Noon - Auction (personally not spending anything there but would like to see it go on ie it's skippable)

Midnight - Sharrod Small (comedian, again skippable but...)

Day 3: Noon - Tattoo Contest (skippable but...)

Midnight - Gilbert Gottfried (GOTTA see this go on)

Day 4: Noon - Ninja Olympics (ehhh, I really wanna check it but...)

Midnight - (after ICP show) I just have BloodyMania penciled in at 1am

Other than that, I'd like to know when/where I should show up to pick up and pay for my shirt...

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 9, 2014
9:25 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
204sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hmmm. I didn't realize the time conflict. I think new times should be picked.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 13, 2014
6:51 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

anybody got opinions on what times might be better?  

the moment draws nearer;  sound off about this, cuz we need to have the meetup times settled soon.  

remaining input notwithstanding, we have massacres at twelve am and twelve pm.  

far as im concerned, thats every day, every night.  but the first two days are the most important.  

heh.  if we wanted, we could just use the wrestling bleachers as a general way station, checking now and then to see if anyone else is hangin out.  it would be like reenacting the forum in real life, only more wasteful of our free time.  

i plan to do exactly that during the slack hours, by the way, just in case.  

[edit]  the important thing being:  MEETUP TIMES...?!  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 13, 2014
7:28 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492
206sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think noon is a good time since nothing is really happening then. At night, it's a little more difficult to decide since there is actually stuff going on.

July 13, 2014
7:34 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
207sp_Permalink sp_Print

Going through the schedule and picking which events we wanted to see, we actually filled every minute of every day (including sleep when nothing's scheduled). Now, I'm fully expecting all plans to fly out the window once we get there, so the whole 12/12 thing oughtta work for me - assuming I realize what freakin' time it is at any given moment.

July 13, 2014
7:35 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886
208sp_Permalink sp_Print

Noon and midnight are good times for me. I'll be stopping by the wrestling area frequently so I'll be looking out for ya'all in the shirts.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

July 13, 2014
10:56 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
209sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said
As far as meet up times go and the noon/midnight thing goes, I guess that's be good but how do we get everyone there at the same time on the same day?

Looking at the schedule:

Day 1: Noon - N/A

Midnight - Mick Foley (I gotta see this)

Day 2: Noon - Auction (personally not spending anything there but would like to see it go on ie it's skippable)

Midnight - Sharrod Small (comedian, again skippable but...)

Day 3: Noon - Tattoo Contest (skippable but...)

Midnight - Gilbert Gottfried (GOTTA see this go on)

Day 4: Noon - Ninja Olympics (ehhh, I really wanna check it but...)

Midnight - (after ICP show) I just have BloodyMania penciled in at 1am

Other than that, I'd like to know when/where I should show up to pick up and pay for my shirt...

Remember y'all, main stage always runs over. Planning meets at midnight will mean either no one shows up because they are at main stage, or very few people show up and spend a lot of time waiting for everyone else to arrive after mainstage. I think something like 2am would work better.

-Jules

July 14, 2014
6:08 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
210sp_Permalink sp_Print

Going with Jules suggestion, how about noon and 2am. The only noon I will miss is ninja Olympics.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 14, 2014
7:25 am
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845
211sp_Permalink sp_Print

and see, I want to see the ninja olympics.  I'm down with noon though on most days.  I'm hoping that most of you fucks make it there the first or second day so i'm not lugging around a ton of t-shirts that never get passed out.  1 week til we leave!  SO FUCKING HYPE!!!

July 14, 2014
8:15 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
212sp_Permalink sp_Print

well, ninja olympics is at the wrestling stage, right?  so thats no trouble.  

2 am would be during the actual wrestling events.  dunno how that might play out.  

doesnt matter to me, though, im going along with the consensus.  

July 14, 2014
8:29 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
213sp_Permalink sp_Print

@scottied Seeing as I was thinking about setting up somewhere in the Oddities area, I'll be able to relieve you of the burden of *my shirt either before or right after I get my site figured :) Making it one of my first stops! (but who knows how long that'll take to get in there)...

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 14, 2014
8:38 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
214sp_Permalink sp_Print

@scottied I hope to locate you by day 1 for that freshness. Out of curiosity, which color scheme did you go with? Also, do you happen to have an inside info on when is a good time to show up? I'm not even looking for a parking lot party, just don't wanna be screwed out of a good campsite. I don't wanna be waiting 12 hrs to get in either, but that may be inevitable. 

July 14, 2014
10:30 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
215sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here's an idea! But it's completely up to how comfortable Scottie is with it:

It would seem we're all gonna be all over the place almost every day but will probably have all gotten our shirts by then...

After having listened to Jumpsteady's interview saying that they pretty much consider the BloodyMania event to be the "official" end of the Gathering, why don't we all just make it a point to meet up at Scottie's site AFTER that for a big 'ol picture of all of us as I'm sure we will only be able to get scattered shots of us at the odd run-ins we manage to get with each other...?

Personally, Id like to get a first day 'before' and an after BloodyMania 'after' shot but we all got shit tuh do and would totally settle for a post ICP/Mania Faygo/sweat drenched after party shot!

Just an idea. I'm sure someone knows better and again... totally depends on Scottie's plans (not to put it on *you though, ninja)

July 14, 2014
1:01 pm
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
216sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said
Here's an idea! But it's completely up to how comfortable Scottie is with it:

It would seem we're all gonna be all over the place almost every day but will probably have all gotten our shirts by then...

After having listened to Jumpsteady's interview saying that they pretty much consider the BloodyMania event to be the "official" end of the Gathering, why don't we all just make it a point to meet up at Scottie's site AFTER that for a big 'ol picture of all of us as I'm sure we will only be able to get scattered shots of us at the odd run-ins we manage to get with each other...?

Personally, Id like to get a first day 'before' and an after BloodyMania 'after' shot but we all got shit tuh do and would totally settle for a post ICP/Mania Faygo/sweat drenched after party shot!

Just an idea. I'm sure someone knows better and again... totally depends on Scottie's plans (not to put it on *you though, ninja)

@scruffy , good call on the ninja olympics.  I will most definitely be there for that. I don't care about the auctions and shit, so i'll be at the wrestling stage for that too.

We will have a Ballers site, most likely close to bluntman's (as he's roping one off for us).  I'll put a banner up so we shouldn't be hard to find.  I'd LOVE to have a picture of the Meetup Massacre sporting shirts and shit.  I don't know about before and after shots, but we'll see if we can make it work.  Looking forward to seeing everybody there!

July 14, 2014
3:27 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
217sp_Permalink sp_Print

Y'know, seeing how many people are planning to attend the Ninja Olympics leads me to a different idea... Rather than specific times to meet at one specific place, why not try to figure out what two events per day would appeal to the most of us, and make the meets at those specific events? Or one event and a separate set time? Like the following:

Days 1 & 2: 5P near Main stage, then can head toward stage as a group if so inclined to see the Main stage acts; 1A Wrestling stage (or Carousel stage? Which events hold the most interest?)

Days 3 & 4: 1P Not sure where, maybe near Autograph tent?; 1A Wrestling stage (RTB / Bloodymania)

Best case scenario, we all have met up on days 1 and 2; so scheduling days 3 & 4 become irrelevant. Group photo after Bloodymania sounds like a great idea too.

Side thought... If Scottie's gonna have a site with a banner and all that happy horseshit, why in the world would we not make THAT our meeting spot? Seems like we'd be leaving a hell of a lot less to chance that way. Unless he'd rather not have us all invading his spot at the same time, that is.

July 14, 2014
11:44 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647
218sp_Permalink sp_Print

shit! i'll be at another gotj, like I have been since, day one.  Novi !

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

July 15, 2014
6:48 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
219sp_Permalink sp_Print

entrappedmind said
Side thought... If Scottie's gonna have a site with a banner and all that happy horseshit, why in the world would we not make THAT our meeting spot? ... Unless he'd rather not have us all invading his spot at the same time, that is.

answered your own question.  

Best case scenario, we all have met up on days 1 and 2; so scheduling days 3 & 4 become irrelevant. Group photo after Bloodymania sounds like a great idea too.

far as this and your other points, yeah, id say the earlier meets should matter more.  as days pass, we will all be into whatever adventures we are into.  by then, most prior plans are antiquated.  

like i said before, half the first day has nothin goin on.  the first meetup could be from doors-6pm, if we felt like it.  

wonka69 said 

shit! i'll be at another gotj, like I have been since, day one.  Novi !  

there it is.  

although, i still think that the first gathering was a glorified instore, compared to what its like today.  

July 15, 2014
8:05 am
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
220sp_Permalink sp_Print

yeah, I don't want you delinquents knowing where I sleep.  lol. No but really, i think a central spot is a good idea.  I'm down for wrestling stage, or perhaps even the bleachers in the bizarro world.  It's tough to say since this is our first time at these particular Gathering grounds.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
81 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart, sickjuggalo666, RichardTourl

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845