April 18, 2024
57 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Anyone else have a shitty Gathering experience?
June 1, 2012
4:08 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MmmmBrainz said: 

it keeps the fiends away from my campsite.

good point, that. 

going this year? 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 1, 2012
10:54 am
GGJOHN
Guests

The gathering is a place for everyone to be who they want to be and do what they want to do, dont try and fuck it up for people having a good time, if a girl is getting raped juggalos will handle their bitch ass, girl getting sold and you dont like it? dont fucking worry bout it unless shes screaming help it aint your fucking bussiness, same as drugs, if u see someone gettn shot up with shit NOT wanting it then beat some ass but jesus christ if people wanna get all fuckjed up let them its their fucking choice, if people want death by eroin its THEIR fucking choice, its a fucked up world but thats not gonna change with moire restrictions and bullshit if anything you people you try and fight for laws and restrictions only make it worse. Heres an interesting point, in sweden and the netherlands where there is practically NO drug enforcement or laws there is 80% LESS drug addiction then in the U.S. my point dont bitch bout it dont set up laws and people can make up their own fucking minds instead of doing shit to be "rebelious" as most americans do. Whoop WHoop to the real juggalo family out there il see ya'll at the gathering this year!

June 1, 2012
1:20 pm
Plague405
Plague405
Members
Forum Posts: 15

I have definitely been bummed out by some of the dumb shit that goes on around the grounds, like the irresponsible drug use and whoring out of females that are too annihilated to even remember what they did by the time they sleep off the Bud light and ruphies in the car on the way home. But most of those chicks (just like most chicks) love being treated like whores and pieces of shit. Now if you see something that is clearly against a girl's will taking place, definitely put a stop to it. But usually I just let people make their own dumb mistakes and go on with my day. My biggest bitch about the whole thing is how high maintenance a campsite has been for me every year. That is if you want cold drinks and to bring your own food, it's hard to have 100% fun when you know you have hamburger meat sitting in a cooler with melted ice that probably hasn't been attended to in several hours. Oh, and the pretending to be interested in fucked up people's ramblings about the same ole' shit you just heard the last fucked up person talk about. And usually by the time I leave I want to shoot the next person who screams whoop whoop at me for no reason. It's just like the people that respond to everything with SWAG. 15   

June 2, 2012
10:06 pm
MmmmBrainz
MmmmBrainz
Members
Forum Posts: 548

it keeps the fiends away from my campsite.

good poit, that. 

going this year? 

I always go. I'm Rollin solo first time ever this year it appears.

June 7, 2012
2:00 pm
sickest
sickest
Members
Forum Posts: 62

sorry to say but that shit going to happen.  juggalos @ gotj.  thats what its there for, people grow up different and dont care what others think.

and btw..   the more wack ass sell out mainstream artists they have playing at GOTJ  the more ill throw shit at them.  maybe when icp gets sued they will stop having these wack ass MAINSTREAM people play the biggest UNDERGROUND festival.   hate me all u want but i been down since before riddlebox and thats the shit true juggalos feel.  keep it underground fuck the outside. 

more and more non-juggalos show up every year.  thats why they have fights break out.  people show up and hang on drug bridge just to sell weak ass drugs,  and never see one show....   shit was never like that pre-wraith era.

June 7, 2012
8:11 pm
Mykal86
Members
Forum Posts: 358

I wouldn't have ever attended the Gathering if it was just UNDERGROUND cuz most horrorcore artists suck…I might as well just go to a regular tour or hatchet attacks if it was just that.

I think its the shit mainstream (or have been at some point) artists like Scarface, Bushwick Bill, Bizarre, Busta Rhymes, ONYX, Method Man & Redman (who get more respect for finishing even after the assholes hit him with shit) have rocked the GOTJ before. After its all said and done and this movement is in the music history books you're gonna hear more stories about those outsider mainstream artists winning over the biased hardcore GOTJ crowd before you hear about a Wolfpac or *insert underground artist here*

June 13, 2012
12:55 am
.R.A.M.
.R.A.M.
Members
Forum Posts: 133

Sickest, I agree with Mykal, if you think about it, most underground clicks & groups outside of juggalos hate us just as much as the mainstream. Metalheads, punks, hip-hoppers, ravers, rednecks, nerds, gamers, rockers, thugs, they all hate us, so why rep for them. Why rep for the underground, the underground fouces you to conform just like the mainstream. As soon as an underground artist gets any mainstream recognition, the underground turn thier backs on them. the way I see it, juggalos & juggalettes exist outside the mainstream & the underground, thats what makes us so unique. If we like something we bump it, rather it be mainstream or underground. Thiers the underground, the mainstream, & us, the Dark Carnival, looking at both the mainstream & underground as stupied for thier endless beef with each other.

If you dont like a certain artist then dont go to thier set. Think about it, what if that happened to Tila Tequila, instead of throwing shit at her, ninjas & ninjettes should have just walked away. Think about how much the media would have dissed her, they would be saying "Tila Tequila cant even entertain a bunch of clowns" & she would have been a laughing stock, but instead ninjas threw shit and because of it we got a bad name. Dont get me wrong, I think she deserved it, she lied about some football player rapeing her then admitted it was a lie & she put a video online of her faking her own suicide.Shes an attention whore who will ruin anyones imagie just to get press & attention, karma paid her back in the form of the Gathering, but it still would have been epic if everyone would have walked off.

& I hear a lot about some juggalos pressuring juggalettes to show thier tits if thier truly down, if your a juggalo against this, heres what to do, go up to that ninja & tell him if hes truly down he'll suck your dick tell em "Naw you want her to prove how down she is by showing her tits, I want you to prove how down you are by sucking my dick" , of course you dont really want him too, but it proves the point & explain that to them tell them, "See that shit aint cool when someone tells you to do something against your moral code to prove your down". For even more effect, actually whip your dick out & wiggle it at him lol make it seem like your serious at first, start rubbing your nipples & licking your lips lol, tell em "Lets smear paint buddy" lmao!

June 13, 2012
9:56 am
Joeberg
Guests

.R.A.M. said:

If you dont like a certain artist then dont go to thier set. Think about it, what if that happened to Tila Tequila, instead of throwing shit at her, ninjas & ninjettes should have just walked away. Think about how much the media would have dissed her, they would be saying "Tila Tequila cant even entertain a bunch of clowns" & she would have been a laughing stock, but instead ninjas threw shit and because of it we got a bad name.

The media wouldn't have said shit.  The only reason that got any attention is because she went to TMZ with it. What happened to her is her own fault and no worse than what Andrew WK got.  But because TMZ is now seen as legit news somehow the shit blew up and now everybody wants to come see if the Gathering really is that crazy.  I've seen KMK 100 times.  I'm pretty much tired of it.  All these "underground" artists for the most part are trying way too hard to be ICP/Twiztid circa the 90s.  If you've seen one, you've seen em all.  But MC Hammer showed up last year and put on the best performance of the year and one of the best in Gathering history.  I'm not gonna pay $150 to see Syko Steve and the Serial Slaughterin MCs rap about killin the haters.  I don't want their sampler, mix tape, free full length album or to add them on myspace.

June 13, 2012
7:06 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

Joeberg speaks truth. Hell no do I not want any flyers or samplers or any more shit to carry on me when I'm at the Gathering. I know I've been given a few flyers used them for other purposes. But if I'm traveling across the country to a music festival, I wanna see some good acts at least. Method Man, E40, Busta Rhymes, P-Funk, Peter Gallagher and Tom Green all in one place is good enough for me. I don't watch any of the shows on the 2nd stage, the juggalo rappers. Too many copies of ICP painting their face and causing ruckus with an axe over some bullshit beat.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

June 13, 2012
8:59 pm
.R.A.M.
.R.A.M.
Members

What? I didnt say anything about underground artists, how did that get brought up? I was saying that it would have been funnier if Juggalos & Juggalettes walked away from Tila Tequila's set instead of throwing shit at her, & from what I understood, thier was some media at that Gathering & thats why everybody knew about Tila Tequila getting shit throwen ar her & Method Man getting hit, then of course she went to the media & TMZ & that shit. I was saying if you dont like a certain artist dont go watch them, I didnt say anything about only watching underground & juggalo acts. I like the fact that thiers mainstream & underground acts at the Gathering, a little bit of something for everybody. Joeberg, I dont know how you were trying to get at with quoting my post, cause your response has nothing to do with what I said.

June 13, 2012
11:11 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11701

lol

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

June 14, 2012
2:20 am
DESTRUCT
DESTRUCT
Members
Forum Posts: 160

GanjaGoblin said:

Too many copies of ICP painting their face and causing ruckus with an axe over some bullshit beat.

for sure too many unerground mofuckers paint they face, guess they think itll make ninjas bump the shit

June 14, 2012
12:32 pm
sickest
sickest
Members
Forum Posts: 62

u wanna see all these mainstream artists at the gotj?   how bout going to one of them mainstream shows they throw.  not a festival thrown by psy records.  this shit WAS made for underground artists.  the more J pays these mainstream people to do sets the more problems they are gonna have every year.

June 14, 2012
2:28 pm
MmmmBrainz
MmmmBrainz
Members
Forum Posts: 548

I'd watch ice cube, busta rhymes and the Yin Yang twins every time over seeing people like joe blow from Saskatoon scream dumb shit into a microphone.

I go for the mainstream shit as much as I go to see lotus and the rydaz ... It's cool when something is unexpectedly good. That year powerman 5000 played they tore the house down. Just saying ... Plus when else would I be able to say I seen mick foley, George Clinton, and fucking Gallagher in the same weekend. Lmao. It's a freaks how in every sense of the word. It's why I love it.

June 16, 2012
12:55 pm
dillon27
Guests

100.00 $ campsite for ur car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need i say more sure ii can but im tired of even trying hopefully 2012 will be better or maybe the fbi n cia will take us all out n the view survivors will hopefully be more the wiser confused

June 16, 2012
8:02 pm
Mykal86
Members
Forum Posts: 358

Dubstep would deserve the business. Otherwise harming mainstream rock and rap acts is not necessary...and I agree bout PM5K kicking ass at GOTJ2005

June 16, 2012
9:29 pm
Joeberg
Guests

sickest said:

u wanna see all these mainstream artists at the gotj?   how bout going to one of them mainstream shows they throw.  not a festival thrown by psy records.  this shit WAS made for underground artists.  the more J pays these mainstream people to do sets the more problems they are gonna have every year.

How bout those shows are too expensive to go to on their own?  2001 ended with ICPs set cut short due to everybody rushin the stage.  Got gassed in 02.  That was pretty cool.  There were no mainstream artists these years.

June 17, 2012
8:17 pm
.R.A.M.
.R.A.M.
Members

Fuck the underground vs mainstream bull shit, that shits played out, the Gathering was made for juggalos, mainstream or underground, it dont matter to me whats thier, if I like it Ill watch it if I dont I wont go check it out. Im not gonna throw shit at people just because thier mainstream, but then again Im not a hater.

Whoop Whoop .R.A.M. :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 20, 2012
8:34 pm
BigGameJames
BigGameJames
Members
Forum Posts: 670

ScottieD said:

I've had a few less-than-great Gathering experiences happen in the 12 that I've been to.  Yes, I've been to all of them, and each one was pretty fuckin different than the other.  The overall worst one was in 2006 in Pataskala.  No, there wasn't a drug bridge, but it WAS the first time I had ever been offered coke at a Gathering.  That's not saying much because I tend to surround myself with my homies that I only get to see a few times a year, but it still was shocking to me.

That Gathering was a clusterfuck.  Sleeping in cow shit, having to buy hay for $20-30 a bail just so you had a place to sit and set up camp, and I think ice was $10 a pop.  We had some beef going on with AMB's crew at the time too so that made everything pretty uneasy.  My wife got pelted with a mag light, and we about had a Braveheart style rumble in the field by mainstage. It was insane. 

Other than that shitstorm of a gathering, I've always had a great time there!  A few other things worth mentioning on the bad side of things:

• - in 2005 there was a "Juggalo clean-up crew" that I was a part of.  It was kind of like a volunteer Gathering police put together by Juggalos.  We had medallions made and everything for those who participated.  Apparently it was going around that anyone in that group were narcs, and I got threatened a few different times for wearing the amulet. In the end I just took it off because who needs the trouble.
  • - In my opinion, drug bridge has gotten worse every single year than its predecessor.  I completely avoid it and go across the little bridge where Club Chaos usually sets up.  Seriously, fuck that bridge…I hope it collapses.
  • - While I think that allowing cops into the Gathering is a horrible idea, having security monitor that bridge may not be a bad idea.  If you came unprepared from home and can't walk around the Gathering 24/7 fucked up, then I guess you'll just have to experience everything sober.  Oh the humanity! surprised
  • - There were some kids throwing fucking M80s during a seminar.  I saw it happen once, and on the 2nd time as they were lighting it, nobody was saying shit and they were giggling like school girls.  I had to go like 3 rows up and just asked them "What the fuck?!"  I asked if they were wanting to hurt someone and how funny that would be?  They stopped.
  • - My wife is a trooper and usually sits through every single seminar with me while it's being filmed. The trash wars are just ridiculous and pointless.  the "Fuck the front" and "fuck the back" chants are funny, I'll admit.  But throwing full, unopened beer cans is just not right.  My wife got pegged with one last year and is like "I'm sorry, I'm out".  
My thoughts are that most of the problems are from the people that come that are NOT Juggalos, and the kids (under 18) who come just because they want to experience complete lawlessness and be complete assholes. I don't think there's a way to govern that, but that's also why I choose to stick with hanging with my click of people that we roll with every year, and the certain homies we see there annually.  Don't get me wrong, I always meet a gangload of Juggalos every year that I love to get to know, but it seems like the bad are quickly gaining on the good folks that attend.

Scottie you been to every Gathering How you afford to go every yr?  

June 22, 2012
9:53 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

people should just use a ballon slingshot.   wink  that's cool !

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
52 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845