April 24, 2024
88 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Anyone else have a shitty Gathering experience?
May 22, 2012
9:38 am
Starvin_Marvin
Starvin_Marvin
Members
Forum Posts: 63
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Jeffalo said:

I have had nothing but great gathering experiences, I have been to 6 gatherings and each one has been amazing in its own way.  Of course there is going to be stale shit going down, but its up to you to not associate with stuff that bothers you. Its about who you hang out wit and what yall do with your time that that makes the experience fresh.. Now if you dont like open sex, or open drug use, or drugs being offered to you thats just fine and dandy.. just ignore it.. I have no problem telling people no i dont want drugs or no to this or that...  Have an open mind and realize that not everything there is for you, and have the power to say no and youll be just damn fine.

Uh, so you think 4 ADULT men molesting a 15 year old girl who's rolling on some shit is something that should just be ignored?

May 22, 2012
9:50 am
Starvin_Marvin
Starvin_Marvin
Members

Jeffalo it's pretty sad that you don't see an issue with heroin, crack, meth and promiscuous sex with underage girls who are under the influence of something. Maybe you don't realize the affect heroin and crack has on a lot of families....... I had a really abusive childhood torn apart by drugs so I'm just dumbfounded by your statement. Especially when it's bullshit like that which helps prove the FBI's accusations of Juggalo's being a gang. A giant festival full of hard drugs? Yeah uh..... odd right?

I down to do some drugs, but not fucking heroin for fucks sake. There's a huge difference between tripping at a show and shooting up heroin in a damn mosh pit.

Whoop Whoop Starvin_Marvin :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 22, 2012
9:50 am
Starvin_Marvin
Starvin_Marvin
Members

Jeffalo it's pretty sad that you don't see an issue with heroin, crack, meth and promiscuous sex with underage girls who are under the influence of something. Maybe you don't realize the affect heroin and crack has on a lot of families……. I had a really abusive childhood torn apart by drugs so I'm just dumbfounded by your statement. Especially when it's bullshit like that which helps prove the FBI's accusations of Juggalo's being a gang. A giant festival full of hard drugs? Yeah uh….. odd right?

I down to do some drugs, but not fucking heroin for fucks sake. There's a huge difference between tripping at a show and shooting up heroin in a damn mosh pit.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

May 22, 2012
12:29 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11702

Starvin_Marvin said:

Jeffalo said:

I have had nothing but great gathering experiences, I have been to 6 gatherings and each one has been amazing in its own way.  Of course there is going to be stale shit going down, but its up to you to not associate with stuff that bothers you. Its about who you hang out wit and what yall do with your time that that makes the experience fresh.. Now if you dont like open sex, or open drug use, or drugs being offered to you thats just fine and dandy.. just ignore it.. I have no problem telling people no i dont want drugs or no to this or that...  Have an open mind and realize that not everything there is for you, and have the power to say no and youll be just damn fine.

Uh, so you think 4 ADULT men molesting a 15 year old girl who's rolling on some shit is something that should just be ignored?

im very curious about this unless the dudes all had their dicks out you must of watched & not did anything for awhile to notice 4 dudes were hittin it & was she yellin for help?

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

May 22, 2012
1:03 pm
Starvin_Marvin
Starvin_Marvin
Members

The Warlock said:

Starvin_Marvin said:

Jeffalo said:

im very curious about this unless the dudes all had their dicks out you must of watched & not did anything for awhile to notice 4 dudes were hittin it & was she yellin for help?

It was outside of the gates, this fat guy with a megaphone sold her something (guess ecstacy or molly) some dumb shit went down with her saying she was a virgin and wanting some dudes to fuck her, whatever, her dumbass friends convinced her to do it too.......then they fucked her on the hood of one of their jeeps..... Yeah I caught a glimpse of some dick whatever...... My group was near them and bitching at them all day about their drug pushing, after that we just found a new spot to chill. Not sure why she needs to be yelling for help? Didn't know it was okay for a 15 year old to get gangbanged in front of a group of people with camera phones......

People hate Juggalo's because of shit like this. Not because of some songs ICP put out.

May 22, 2012
1:24 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

well when you use the word molest i think people assume it was against her will 

May 22, 2012
1:35 pm
God Akillez
Guests

"with her saying she was a virgin and wanting some dudes to fuck her" enough said stupid ass.

May 22, 2012
2:24 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

lol god akillez was the caboose of that train

May 22, 2012
2:46 pm
God Akillez
Guests

Heard you were the one to stick it in her pooper warlock. It's not like she was a 15 year old. She was probably one of those petite cunts that was actually 22 and wanted an orgy.

May 22, 2012
6:45 pm
mentalcaseproject
Members
Forum Posts: 784

I went to 2011's GOTJ and while I didn't see anything quite as extreme as a young girl being gang raped or heroin being injected there was definitely some stuff I didn't like about the event.  I agree the guys walking around selling their girlfriends (whether it be a blowjob or flashing her tits for a dollar or whatever) was pretty disgusting as well as how I saw some people treating girls who declined to flash their tits...I'm all for seeing a nice pair of breasts but it's a girls right to decline and it's immature and ridiculous to try to make her feel like she isn't as dedicated of a fan or w/e because she has some class and respect for herself.  The craziest drug use I saw was a guy during ICP's set on the last night rolling up "jeffrey's" though it wasn't anything THAT extreme in it...also the whole miss juggalette thing was fucked up too though I suppose that's optional to see...it just paints a bad image of the whole thing being just a repulsive environment idk

that being said I still had a great time there...smoked a lotta bud, saw some great performances, seminars, and some pretty terrible wrestling lol

May 22, 2012
8:17 pm
Jeffalo
Jeffalo
Members
Forum Posts: 81

Starvin_Marvin said:

Jeffalo it's pretty sad that you don't see an issue with heroin, crack, meth and promiscuous sex with underage girls who are under the influence of something. Maybe you don't realize the affect heroin and crack has on a lot of families....... I had a really abusive childhood torn apart by drugs so I'm just dumbfounded by your statement. Especially when it's bullshit like that which helps prove the FBI's accusations of Juggalo's being a gang. A giant festival full of hard drugs? Yeah uh..... odd right?

Ok yeah cause i totally stated i support heroin, crack and meth.. come on man.. .I didn't respond to every issue that everyone stated... of course im not down with that shit, and herion destroyed a member of my families life before they finally turned it around, thank god for the sake of her Kids.. now for other drugs and shit, i dont really give a fuck about, just ignore it.. but dont fucking put words into my mouth.   and have you ever been to another music festival in your life? No??? well i have... and they are worse when it comes to drugs and their open use, trust me... ive been to many and the gathering is very calm in that aspect... but the fbi doesnt claim those people that go to Bonaroo gang members.. Calm down and drink a cup of decaf before you get all hyper next time in your response

May 29, 2012
1:08 pm
SwollenThumb
SwollenThumb
Members
Forum Posts: 45

The Gathering has evolved quite a bit since 2007 and 2008, so I think it's unfair for people who haven't been since then to criticize it.

I read all of the complaints, and I have never seen most of this stuff.  It sounds like you people who complain surround yourself with some pretty shitty people.

As for the people who hate drug bridge, just avoid it.  It's none of your business until some drug addled person comes to you and fucks up your fun, in which case, that can EASILY happen to someone from drinking beer or something like that.  I don't do drugs, but I love that people are free to do what they want at the Gathering.  It's all cool with me until their fun affects my fun.

The main thing I agree with is that it's fucked up when people throw stuff trying to hurt others.  I almost threw down over that in 2010.  Even though I personally think the trash fights are retarded, if someone wants to have one, that's fine with me... just don't subject the rest of us to it.  Take it somewhere else. 

May 29, 2012
5:50 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

Ya my first, and only, gathering I went to in 2010. It was fuckin over 100 degrees every day. Definitely took away from the fun factor cause I'll be damned if I'm running around getting shitfaced everyday in that heat. I saw too many ninjas there just laying on the ground not moving cause they did that. FUCK THAT!

May 30, 2012
3:34 am
Jeffalo
Jeffalo
Members

Carnivalkilla44 said:

Ya my first, and only, gathering I went to in 2010. It was fuckin over 100 degrees every day. Definitely took away from the fun factor cause I'll be damned if I'm running around getting shitfaced everyday in that heat. I saw too many ninjas there just laying on the ground not moving cause they did that. FUCK THAT!

2010 was a good year... and the nights were very very coool... almost cold... you shouldve went in 2007 when it was heatwave temperatures... freaking miserable.. im talking 110 every day

May 30, 2012
1:35 pm
Joeberg
Guests

Drug bridge exists because there is a market.  If nobody was buying the shit, there would be less people trying to sell it.  If you're going to take an attitude of "some drugs are ok, but others aren't" then we might as well put the dealers in the same group as the food vendors.  As far as I can tell, security currently will try to shut down unauthorized people selling food/merch but takes no action towards drugs.  The bridge was actually not as bad last year as it was in previous years I felt but for a lot of the people there, the Gathering has turned into a week long constant hustle.  Every year, more and more people are trying to make a buck out of the trip somehow.

I think making it an 18 & over event could help some but probably not much.  I always hoped that the ticket prices would be enough to keep away real little kids but every year there's more people bringing their infants and 5 year old kids and whatnot.  Even if things were cleaned up a bit it's still not really a good place for kids that young. 

06 & 07 were easily the worst years though.  06 seemed very much thrown together at the last minute and the fuckin mud made getting around the place such a pain in the ass.  Then 07 with the heat was just as bad.  Out of 11 years of going though, I can't say as I've ever had an overall bad experience.  A lot of people, juggalo or not, aren't too bright.  Stupid people do stupid shit and the more of them you get together in one place, the more it's gonna happen.  You can either let it ruin your weekend or just learn to ignore it.  If somebody wants to get fucked up on whatever and go pass out in a puddle of God knows what for a day or two that's their business.  Walk around.  Poke em with a stick to make sure they're not dead if you want but otherwise who cares?  It's a different experience for each person each year.  The more attention it gets, the more non-juggalos will be there.  Alls I know is that nothing is gonna top MC Hammer last year and that keeps me from being bummed about not going this year.

May 30, 2012
1:39 pm
Jeffalo
Jeffalo
Members

Are you the same Joeberg that used to be on the "myspace" gotj message board from back in the day... and you hung out with Jerry Legend and that one canadian chick and some of the other regs from that board? good too see ya come around man.. I used to frequent that board and remember you quite well.

Joeberg said:

Drug bridge exists because there is a market.  If nobody was buying the shit, there would be less people trying to sell it.  If you're going to take an attitude of "some drugs are ok, but others aren't" then we might as well put the dealers in the same group as the food vendors.  As far as I can tell, security currently will try to shut down unauthorized people selling food/merch but takes no action towards drugs.  The bridge was actually not as bad last year as it was in previous years I felt but for a lot of the people there, the Gathering has turned into a week long constant hustle.  Every year, more and more people are trying to make a buck out of the trip somehow.

I think making it an 18 & over event could help some but probably not much.  I always hoped that the ticket prices would be enough to keep away real little kids but every year there's more people bringing their infants and 5 year old kids and whatnot.  Even if things were cleaned up a bit it's still not really a good place for kids that young. 

06 & 07 were easily the worst years though.  06 seemed very much thrown together at the last minute and the fuckin mud made getting around the place such a pain in the ass.  Then 07 with the heat was just as bad.  Out of 11 years of going though, I can't say as I've ever had an overall bad experience.  A lot of people, juggalo or not, aren't too bright.  Stupid people do stupid shit and the more of them you get together in one place, the more it's gonna happen.  You can either let it ruin your weekend or just learn to ignore it.  If somebody wants to get fucked up on whatever and go pass out in a puddle of God knows what for a day or two that's their business.  Walk around.  Poke em with a stick to make sure they're not dead if you want but otherwise who cares?  It's a different experience for each person each year.  The more attention it gets, the more non-juggalos will be there.  Alls I know is that nothing is gonna top MC Hammer last year and that keeps me from being bummed about not going this year.

May 30, 2012
1:52 pm
Joeberg
Guests

The very same.  I been lurkin round here for awhile but assumed I would have to spend 3-5min. creating an account and whatnot to post anything which was more effort than I was willing to put in.  I don't expect to make myself a regular poster over here but we'll see.

May 30, 2012
3:08 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

First year I went, I went with people I didn't really know. And the dude and his girl kicked me outta the tent that we were all staying in so they could fuck. It was also hot as fuck the whole time I was there, that was 09 I believe? The year after Family Underground was made. Then the next year, another group of people I went with, this girl bought some jello shots and it was laced with acid and she had a pretty bad time. But last years was cool, except for this one bitch I was seeing, would not leave my camp site. She held on like a succubus.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

May 30, 2012
3:31 pm
Jeffalo
Jeffalo
Members

Go ahead and make an account... I guess it doesn't really matter honestly becuz you can post as a non member, so whatever... its just good to see an old name on the boards.. Still talk to the legend? oh and btw it only takes like 1 sec to make an account (i lied by the way it takes like 3-4 min)

Joeberg said:

The very same.  I been lurkin round here for awhile but assumed I would have to spend 3-5min. creating an account and whatnot to post anything which was more effort than I was willing to put in.  I don't expect to make myself a regular poster over here but we'll see.

May 31, 2012
8:14 pm
MmmmBrainz
MmmmBrainz
Members
Forum Posts: 548

Anyone saying the drug bridge situation has gotten any kinds of better since 07 is misinformed. I don't even remember the drug bridge having the name drug bridge till two years later. There is way way way more drug use and selling now, than there ever has been. The only year I've missed since it was moved to Hawg Balls .. That's what I call it, was the year of the Tila Tequilla incident. So aside from that year it's been progressively worse.

Last year ... Drug bridge was so packed from midnight to 8 am you could barely walk across it, felt like my small ass high school for a second on there yelling every walk on the right side so people would move.

But as far as 4 dudes banging a fifteen year old .. You should have put a stop to that. I have yet to actually see ANYONE getting pussy at a gathering. Maybe heard a couple in a tent once, but that's it.

Why change anything? This is the Gathering .. You don't wanna do coke, then don't do coke. You don't like glow sticks? Don't do x or LSD. Lots of lo's don't like wrestling, so guess where you won't find them? Prolly not by the wrestling ring. Same thing goes for drug bridge ... It's called Drug Bridge for a reason, plus it keeps the fiends away from my campsite.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
85 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845