May 14, 2024
48 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Theft at the gathering
April 25, 2016
12:00 pm
thenewguy
Members
Forum Posts: 32
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

phreakcore said
A couple things about the parking lot that I think is good for people planning to leave their car in the lot and walk to camp. First, even though it says "NO CAMPING" on the website and map people still do. I saw a few people posted up in the front of the parking lot fence in the far right corner of Kindle rd who had tents and tarps up. Some people have their vans/buses in there too. I even seen people selling merch. Plus have you ever walked through the rows of cars in the middle of the night. Its trippy as fuck and randomness is everywhere. point is that there is a little community of people who set up in the parking lot and "camp" or just crash/hang in their cars in between events and yes you don't have a wristband to park. If your gonna park your car and walk your best bet might be to park in between cars close and somewhat close to the main road to where it would be harder for someone to break in your car. plus they would be seen and then its bad news bears for them. 

Granted I only stayed for one day/one night before unfortunately having to make the 8 hour drive home, I slept in the car in the lot. I plan on being there for much longer this year and will probably choose the same sleep-in-the-car option that included keeping all my shit locked up in the car for the day. Had no problems and I can definitely confirm, there was definitely some hanging going on and a small community just chilling in the lot around 4am. Had a blast.

May 4, 2016
12:55 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

As far as the parking lot goes, I just parked way the fuck up on the hill side so if anyone tried to get in they'd be tired as fuck by the time they got there. I don't know if that's the reason why nothing got stolen BUT none the less, nothing got stolen. 

Also, just in general, basic life rules seem to apply at the gathering. Don't look like you're about to get your shit stolen. The ONE time I got fucked over it's because I wasn't thinking and let my guard down. Even then it wasn't necessarily "theft" so much as "spend ten dollars on an advil" lol. Again, don't be stupid and you should be ite.  

May 4, 2016
10:39 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3521

I never had an issue, but the best bet is to know your surroundings. I have to assume that most people getting their shit jacked is by people camped fairly close in proximity to them.

Honestly, I pack up all extreme valuables and will put in my car, but leave the majority of my stuff out. I'm not going to take the time to pack and unpack all my shit when leaving and returning to my campsite. I leave all my chairs, coolers, camping geer, etc out 95% of the time. A couple years back I got a bottle of vodka swiped on the last day (after having my liquor cooler packed to the gills and left out all weekend). I wrote it off a gathering tax. Hopefully some ninja got drunk off it.

May 24, 2016
9:55 am
juggaloduckthesejuggalonuts
juggaloduckthesejuggalonuts
Members
Forum Posts: 6

to tell you the truth the last year we were out at Cave In Rocks, my friends and I had come unprepared to say the least, with no tents or anything and we all left our belongings under our blankets on the ground just a bit up the hill from where the seminar tent and wouldnt come back all day some times...nothing ever came up missing...although the year before was when that douche bag stole and got his car dismantled lol so maybe them thieves were having second thoughts. None the less, much love fam and see you at legend valley! (come on infomercial) lol

Whoop Whoop juggaloduckthesejuggalonuts :

DrFreshness
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
44 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Peepeesucker, Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845