May 14, 2024
45 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Theft at the gathering
April 16, 2016
6:17 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Split1open said
So let's suppose I catch someone stealing or vandalizing my or my neighbor's shit? What do I do? Bomb on em?

Throw out the alarms! Be loud on that shit! Same thing if you think someone is getting taken advantage of in any form!

Stealing is WAAAAY up there on the list of unwritten rules and if you catch someone doing it, you will NOT be alone in going in on 'em. So much so that I'd also advice that you make damn sure you're sure of what you're seeing before getting some girl's car pulverized into its components parts as retribution only to find out there's more to the story.

Advice... 1) Meet your neighbors. You don't gotta pal up to em 'er nuthin' but at the LEAST make sure you know what each other looks like. 2) Use luggage locks on your tent zippers. It may seem like a bit of a slieght to think you would need to around "family" but don't kid yerself. Also, even though all it takes would be a knife or scissors... just having SOMEthing in the way of access prevention is comforting. Just don't RELY on it. 3) If in doubt, lock it up. If you have a car pass or not and you've bought shit that's sitting in the back of your mind worrying about it.... Just take the hill and lock that shit up.

Another loss prevention consideration is the location of your camp. In the past at LV, the reports of site tossing seemed to be up at the top of the hill closest to the entrance and parking lots which do NOT require an armband to enter (who knows why) and anyone managing to slip in with the intent to steal shit may not be as willing to go deep into the grounds having to make that distance in order to get out with their stolen shit.. Also, areas of higher traffic aren't as likely to allow someone to be making shady moves around people's stuff. 

There's always evil out there but don't forget that you're still gonna be i

n the company of a LOT of friends even if you don't know 'em!

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

phreakcore

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 16, 2016
6:42 pm
Rosco
Rosco
Members
Forum Posts: 569

Cheshyr said

Split1open said
So let's suppose I catch someone stealing or vandalizing my or my neighbor's shit? What do I do? Bomb on em?

There's always evil out there but don't forget that you're still gonna be in the company of a LOT of friends even if you don't know 'em!

Exactly.

Whoop Whoop Rosco :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, JC
April 16, 2016
7:52 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

the_smack said
scruffy is the most un-intimidating person on this forum seriously I seen his pics he looks malnourished a hard wind would knock him overI doubt he even has a single muscle and cannot do a single pushup.

that's why all the pics he posts of himself he's pointing fake guns at the camera he wants to look tough so badly.

he was obviously picked on a real lot when he was younger and has had issues ever since poor guy

Im pretty sure we all were picked on when we were lil u dumbfuck, thats how we found icp and the juggalos, god u lost sight of where u came from. Go back under ur bridge and think of sumtin nice to say

April 16, 2016
8:23 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

Really appreciate the advice here. First Gathering this year and didn't think about this aspect too much. Something to consider for sure. 

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 16, 2016
8:32 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

Split1open said

Lost my shit at this, heard it in Lex's voice.

I imagined somebody stealing shit from a tent and watching Lex come out of nowhere and just start rapping, the bandit ends up getting bored and leaves, no haul in hand. 

blame batman

April 16, 2016
9:14 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

quit bein a dickhead, dickhead. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, wonka69

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 16, 2016
9:25 pm
DrFreshness
DrFreshness
Members
Forum Posts: 596

Something else to keep in mind- it's really not that far to the parking lot, maybe a 10 minute walk depending on where you camp?  So really not a big deal to walk down and lock shit up if you're worried about it, even without a car pass.

Whoop Whoop DrFreshness :

JC
ma I ohw tnia I nmaddog
map deman sehctib taf gib nikcuf syawla m'I
April 16, 2016
10:09 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

a lot of the thieving going on is by staff and crew. they raid tents, while I.C.P. performs, because they don't care about watching I.C.P.! Fuck-A-Thief!

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

April 16, 2016
11:48 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

the_smack said

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

the_smack said
scruffy is the most un-intimidating person on this forum seriously I seen his pics he looks malnourished a hard wind would knock him overI doubt he even has a single muscle and cannot do a single pushup.

that's why all the pics he posts of himself he's pointing fake guns at the camera he wants to look tough so badly.

he was obviously picked on a real lot when he was younger and has had issues ever since poor guy

Im pretty sure we all were picked on when we were lil u dumbfuck, thats how we found icp and the juggalos, god u lost sight of where u came from. Go back under ur bridge and think of sumtin nice to say

speak or yourself fungal infection

I was never picked on I did the picking considering when I was 12 I was already close to 6 feet tall and 200 pounds and that's not how I found ICP and not all juggalos are losers like you think they are.

and I was wrong scruffy is not the most un-intimidating forum poster its you four-eyes.

smile

Well imma represent for all the scrubalos out there, even j is on my level, and he seems to be ur hero, so wit a passion i give u a big FUCK YOU homie. Ur a piece of shit if u think ur better than any1 else in this world. I dedicate the song "The Blasta" off the death pop to u. This world would be soooo much better witout scum like u on this planet makin peeps feel bad about themselves, i dont even understand how ur apart of this culture. And fyi we are not losers, we are just "different" beyond anything u can understand. Y dont u try losing that huge ego u got, makes u look more like a bitch than an emo person who cuts themself for attention.

And how do i come off as intimidating, sounds like sum1s uber jealous of skinny people. I never once tried to inflict fear upon sum1, so wit that being said u must subconsciously fear me as a threat, even tho im nothing but words on the internet in ur eyes. Real eyes realize real lies, now like i said go back to ur bridge or rock u live under and come wit some positive shit to say cuz ur starting to lose alot of credit, atleast wit me, and i have nothing but high hopes bout u. 

How u respond is up to u, JUFFALO or JUGGALO its ur choice.

April 17, 2016
1:19 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

wonka69 said
a lot of the thieving going on is by staff and crew. they raid tents, while I.C.P. performs, because they don't care about watching I.C.P.! Fuck-A-Thief!

so... 

i been hearing this for years and years.  never saw anything myself, but ive heard stories, some involving famous names. 

of course, the main reason ive never seen it is cuz im wrapped up in icp like everybody else. 

a couple years ago, though, i got hurt, left the show for a while to do some quick first aid, and while i was out, took the long way back, kinda givin the place a once-over, just to see if there was anything shifty goin on. 

nothin.  bout a dozen people at the pts stage, for some reason, and a few here and there who were too fatigued or wasted or shellshocked for the concert. 

April 17, 2016
1:37 am
BlackSand
BlackSand
Members
Forum Posts: 8

A rat trap or two blended into your stuff should do the trick. If anyone gets hurt digging through your stuff, that's on them.

Just don't forget they're there when you get back for obvious reasons...

Whoop Whoop BlackSand :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, JC
April 17, 2016
1:48 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

BlackSand said 
A rat trap or two blended into your stuff should do the trick. If anyone gets hurt digging through your stuff, that's on them.   

ya know...  that seems like a lot of fun... 

April 17, 2016
7:43 am
Mr.Bitches
Mr.Bitches
Members
Forum Posts: 843

Id end up getting smashed and forget about em...Go to reach for a fresh T shirt n end up with a hand full of Rat Trap

Whoop Whoop Mr.Bitches :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 17, 2016
7:44 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8183

DrFreshness said
Something else to keep in mind- it's really not that far to the parking lot, maybe a 10 minute walk depending on where you camp?  So really not a big deal to walk down and lock shit up if you're worried about it, even without a car pass.

In the summer heat, uphill over a gravel path, and if you're doing a run with heavy stuff you'll likely be cursing when you're done. (Speaking from experience.)

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

April 17, 2016
10:40 am
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

DrFreshness said

krunkazphuk said

DrFreshness said

In the summer heat, uphill over a gravel path, and if you're doing a run with heavy stuff you'll likely be cursing when you're done. (Speaking from experience.)

It really isn't far at all compared to some years at Hogrock when we had to park across the street.  I go back to my car several times a day.  Admittedly, I'm not carrying heavy shit, usually just something small.  I agree that it's not a big deal, and I think that it's easier to go back several times to get whatever than to worry about carrying every little thing down to the campsite and then worry about it getting stolen.  

But also...everything is twice as hard at the gathering.  Walking for a few minutes might not seem like a big deal at all, but at the gathering you are sleep deprived, you've been in the hot sun for days, you likely haven't been eating the best, you're probably dehydrated.  I've seen so many people underestimate it and end up in the medical tent.  Just something to keep in mind.        

About the gravel path...once again everyone, wear tennis shoes/sneakers/boots!  If you're wearing good shoes, the worst part about the gravel path is the dust.  Seriously, you're breathing in dirt like crazy, especially when a golf cart drives by.  I'd suggest wrapping a bandanna around your face or something at least some of the times that you're walking on it to help filter it out.  I'm pretty sure it contributes to the gathering plague.

April 17, 2016
11:00 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

JC said

DrFreshness said

krunkazphuk said

DrFreshness said

It really isn't far at all compared to some years at Hogrock when we had to park across the street.  I go back to my car several times a day.  Admittedly, I'm not carrying heavy shit, usually just something small.  I agree that it's not a big deal, and I think that it's easier to go back several times to get whatever than to worry about carrying every little thing down to the campsite and then worry about it getting stolen.  

But also...everything is twice as hard at the gathering.  Walking for a few minutes might not seem like a big deal at all, but at the gathering you are sleep deprived, you've been in the hot sun for days, you likely haven't been eating the best, you're probably dehydrated.  I've seen so many people underestimate it and end up in the medical tent.  Just something to keep in mind.        

About the gravel path...once again everyone, wear tennis shoes/sneakers/boots!  If you're wearing good shoes, the worst part about the gravel path is the dust.  Seriously, you're breathing in dirt like crazy, especially when a golf cart drives by.  I'd suggest wrapping a bandanna around your face or something at least some of the times that you're walking on it to help filter it out.  I'm pretty sure it contributes to the gathering plague.

I just went on a 3 hour trek thru my childhood woods yesterday, fyi no manmade paths just the rough terrain and cliffs, and it still wasnt shit for me. I never got winded or tired or sore and even today im not sore. So i kno, 4 me atleast, this lil parking lot walk aint gonna be shit. And JC is right multiple small trips makes it alot easier than bringin a shit ton of stuff at once.

April 17, 2016
11:53 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8183

Here's to time well spent. cheers

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

April 17, 2016
12:54 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

krunkazphuk said
Here's to time well spent. cheers

Thanx homie it was fresh to walk down memory lane, even tho some shit is different now

April 22, 2016
7:39 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

A couple things about the parking lot that I think is good for people planning to leave their car in the lot and walk to camp. First, even though it says "NO CAMPING" on the website and map people still do. I saw a few people posted up in the front of the parking lot fence in the far right corner of Kindle rd who had tents and tarps up. Some people have their vans/buses in there too. I even seen people selling merch. Plus have you ever walked through the rows of cars in the middle of the night. Its trippy as fuck and randomness is everywhere. point is that there is a little community of people who set up in the parking lot and "camp" or just crash/hang in their cars in between events and yes you don't have a wristband to park. If your gonna park your car and walk your best bet might be to park in between cars close and somewhat close to the main road to where it would be harder for someone to break in your car. plus they would be seen and then its bad news bears for them. 

April 22, 2016
9:47 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

dont think ive ever heard about a car bein straight broken into.  all the car burglaries ive heard about at gatherings were easy jobs that had left doors unlocked or windows too far down. 

or, in the case of one poor cat that got cleaned out, leaving the trunk lid up...  all... night... 

i suspect that there will be a surplus of lot campers, this year. 

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
38 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Peepeesucker, Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845