May 14, 2024
38 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Performer speculation for GOTJ 2016
January 27, 2016
6:44 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Psychostick

January 27, 2016
8:29 pm
One3rd
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Slaine

January 27, 2016
9:46 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Mr. Tidwell said
Iggy pop would be dope 

Yeaaahh im trying to see some old washed up punkers too.

Leftover crack

The exploited

A global threat

Citizen fish

Anything like that really

Even like rancid....sublime with rome seems possible.

I would say misfits but its only like one original member and like two random fat bald guys. I wpuld rather watch plan 9 a mistfits cover band. I saw them at the gilman once it was fucken sick. Like travelling back to the 80s......

Mostly i wanna see NIN, Manson, psyclon nine or combichrist......

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

January 28, 2016
12:25 am
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

Combichrist puts on an excellent show. KMFDM, Revolting Cocks, Ministry, and NIN would be pretty dope as well. I'd probably implode if any of those bands showed up.

Doyle's new band is awesome and Abominator is a solid album ... just saw him with John 5 in December. And I'd add AFI, the Casualties and the Distillers (reunion, please) to @bayareashaman 's list.

If Puddle of Mudd can play the Gathering, anything is possible.

January 28, 2016
12:55 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

V_Ron said
Combichrist puts on an excellent show. KMFDM, Revolting Cocks, Ministry, and NIN would be pretty dope as well. I'd probably implode if any of those bands showed up.

Doyle's new band is awesome and Abominator is a solid album ... just saw him with John 5 in December. And I'd add AFI, the Casualties and the Distillers (reunion, please) to @bayareashaman 's list.

Yeah i just found out about Doyle's band and his work with john 5.  Not sure if its the same thing. I would looooove to see any of those bands. 

Buuuuuuutttttt i really doubt AFI would go over well. I dont know. Im just scared for davey. Lol. They got alot of backlash on decemberunderground cuz of that dope eye shadow and hairstyle. People started callem emo fags and shit. Ive seen davey all the time growing up. Dude likes chicks or is pan i dunno who fucken cares thats besides the point. And they are not emo. they put on a dope fucken show. So does Manson of course. I would love to see combichrist.

But like you said if puddle of mud played anything can go down....

January 28, 2016
1:20 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Are KMFDM still around? I remember blaring A Drug Against War many moons ago. Never thought about them after that but hearing that shit live has potential to be one of my favorite live moments.

Psychopathic seem to grab two types for the Gathering. Juggalo/underground artists that have some semblance of fame or non Juggalo/underground artists that are, by most standards, past their prime. 

I went and watched Doyle and couldn't dig it. It just felt like...eh, idk, a side band or something. Not even because of the Misfits but like no one in the band was really trying to be good or something. They were just kinda there without sticking out in anyway, whether musically or just as performers. When I saw Danzig w/ Doyle a few years ago Doyle was the terrifying monster of a human that I always imagined him to be so I know he's more than capable of grabbing the stage when he's on it. 

Also, yes to Leftover Crack too. I think they would fit nicely with the crowd and would probably shine on a 3AM slot.

January 28, 2016
1:35 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

CellE2057 said
Are KMFDM still around? I remember blaring A Drug Against War many moons ago. Never thought about them after that but hearing that shit live has potential to be one of my favorite live moments.

Psychopathic seem to grab two types for the Gathering. Juggalo/underground artists that have some semblance of fame or non Juggalo/underground artists that are, by most standards, past their prime. 

I went and watched Doyle and couldn't dig it. It just felt like...eh, idk, a side band or something. Not even because of the Misfits but like no one in the band was really trying to be good or something. They were just kinda there without sticking out in anyway, whether musically or just as performers. When I saw Danzig w/ Doyle a few years ago Doyle was the terrifying monster of a human that I always imagined him to be so I know he's more than capable of grabbing the stage when he's on it. 

Also, yes to Leftover Crack too. I think they would fit nicely with the crowd and would probably shine on a 3AM slot.

Sup @cellE2057.

Go Leftover Crack! Lol at the 3 am slot.

Alot of ninjas at the gathering we giving me props on my legtover crack shirt. Im sure they would go over great. 

January 28, 2016
2:31 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

if ho99o9 gets to go back, I'm gonna hit em up on about letting me make concert videos for them of a bunch of crazy shit. So, I'm casting my vote for ho99o9 again and also for me cuz I want that shit on my art resume.

January 28, 2016
9:03 am
NeilAnblomee
NeilAnblomee
Members
Forum Posts: 64

18 years down said
I'm hoping madchild is there. I also wouldn't mind seeing necro live once.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

January 28, 2016
11:00 am
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members

KMFDM is still around, I highly recommend checking them out if they come through your town. They've released a lot of great albums since A Drug Against War. I have WWIII, Hau Ruck, and Blitz in my current rotation.

I saw the backlash against AFI when they performed in Seattle for the decemberunderground album. Its shitty. The last time I had seen them was during the Black Sails day. Visually and artistically they have changed so much but they're incredible live. Davey definitely gets a lot of shit. Shame really, he's a chill, talented dude.

Doyle is a hulking beast. lol I hadn't listened to anything he had released solo up until that show. I guess it was encouraging considering half the set was Misfit songs and I was feeling all nostalgic 'n shit.

January 28, 2016
2:10 pm
CellE2057
Members

V_Ron said
KMFDM is still around, I highly recommend checking them out if they come through your town. They've released a lot of great albums since A Drug Against War. I have WWIII, Hau Ruck, and Blitz in my current rotation.

I absolutely will check them out. 

Doyle is a hulking beast. lol I hadn't listened to anything he had released solo up until that show. I guess it was encouraging considering half the set was Misfit songs and I was feeling all nostalgic 'n shit.

They did a couple Misfits while I was there but at that point I had become a bitter fuck because I watched Danzig and Doyle do Misfits songs lol. In retrospect, that's not his bands fault. 

@bayareashaman What up, man? It's been a minute since we communicated and whatnot.

January 28, 2016
5:21 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3595

V_Ron said

So glad those guys got booked last year. (I might have helped with that a tiny bit.....ninja)

Shit popped off way better than I expected!!

smile

January 29, 2016
3:00 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

scruffy said
the electric mayhem. 

yeah, most of yall would hate the fuck outta that...  but id cheerfully pay extra to see it. 

That would actually be cool as shit, IMO. But I doubt it would ever happen. They're a disney property. 

And earlier this year I got to see something I have been wanting to see my whole life. Back in the day, there was an interview I had on tape of nirvana and they asked everybody who their favorite band was, and they said dr. teeth and the electric mayhem and dave grohl was like "animal is the greatest drummer of all time" or something to that effect.

this was on the new season of the muppets.

I think they'd be a great opener for Wizard of the Hood, people will be stoned, tripping on some shit, and it'll make em laugh and be just weird enough. But it's probably way expensive and them being a disney property probably impossible.

Maybe avenue q though?

January 29, 2016
3:21 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

how bout one of those animatronic horror shows from chuck e cheeses or showbiz?  couldnt cost all that much. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

January 29, 2016
8:00 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

scruffy said
how bout one of those animatronic horror shows from chuck e cheeses or showbiz?  couldnt cost all that much. 

Showbiz Pizza has a cult following of old dudes that buy up old characters and keep them in their own homes for their sick, animatronic, furry needs.. just kidding, they just eat up the nostalgia.

ICYMI here is a 2008 documentary about Showbiz Pizza and the people who will never let it die: Rock-afire Explosion Documentary (2008)

Definitely worth checking out. 

January 29, 2016
8:13 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8183
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

scruffy said

How about SPIDERCLOWN?

spiderclown.gifImage Enlarger

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

January 30, 2016
5:15 am
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members

Mr. Tidwell said

scruffy said
the electric mayhem. 

yeah, most of yall would hate the fuck outta that...  but id cheerfully pay extra to see it. 

That would actually be cool as shit, IMO. But I doubt it would ever happen. They're a disney property. 

And earlier this year I got to see something I have been wanting to see my whole life. Back in the day, there was an interview I had on tape of nirvana and they asked everybody who their favorite band was, and they said dr. teeth and the electric mayhem and dave grohl was like "animal is the greatest drummer of all time" or something to that effect.

this was on the new season of the muppets.

I think they'd be a great opener for Wizard of the Hood, people will be stoned, tripping on some shit, and it'll make em laugh and be just weird enough. But it's probably way expensive and them being a disney property probably impossible.

Maybe avenue q though?

Avenue Q is awesomely hilarious. Lucky enough to have seen it twice in one week. 

badideabears.jpgImage Enlarger

I think folks would trip the fuck out if they pulled something like that at the Gathering. 

deathmetaljuggalo said

scruffy said

Showbiz Pizza has a cult following of old dudes that buy up old characters and keep them in their own homes for their sick, animatronic, furry needs.. just kidding, they just eat up the nostalgia.

ICYMI here is a 2008 documentary about Showbiz Pizza and the people who will never let it die: Rock-afire Explosion Documentary (2008)

Definitely worth checking out. 

You have my attention.

January 31, 2016
4:20 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3521

^Yup, I'm 100% down with that.

February 1, 2016
4:01 pm
CellE2057
Members

With all the Necro "drama", do you think that ICP and him will reach a compromise as a way of saying there's no problems between them and he'll get a decent time slot or that it'll fizzle out and he won't play?

I think it's quite possible that Myzery will be playing this year. If memory serves he was suppose to last year (and I assumed announce that he's back on Psychopathic) but some shit happened and he had to abort. 

Wouldn't be shocked if Esham played as well.

February 1, 2016
5:18 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

CellE2057 said
With all the Necro "drama", do you think that ICP and him will reach a compromise as a way of saying there's no problems between them and he'll get a decent time slot or that it'll fizzle out and he won't play?

the latter.  and thats assuming they even bother to try. 

Wouldn't be shocked if Esham played as well.

if it werent for juggalo day, idve called this the least likely to happen, of the three. 

depending on how juggalo day goes down, though, could end up bein the most likely. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: krunk
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845