April 30, 2024
33 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
New to the gathering questions
February 5, 2013
2:16 am
BrazilianAlienJuggal
Guests

scruffy said:

[recycling for next year...] 

do people look bad if they sneak in...???smile

February 5, 2013
2:30 am
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members
Forum Posts: 549
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I met some ninjas that said they had been sneaking people in the gathering threw a backwoods path.

I personally pay every year. I need my car full of supplies.

But i enjoyed and encouraged the fucker who was sneaking people in. Kinda felt like he was leading a underground railroad. And that makes me smile

From tadpoles to frogs to Jesus to legends.

February 5, 2013
10:43 am
S.W.I.T.C.H.
S.W.I.T.C.H.
Members
Forum Posts: 86

Hell I remember a few years ago Violent J advocating sneaking in.

February 5, 2013
11:25 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

do people look bad if they sneak in…???smile

as ive mentioned in other spots, my problem with ninjas sneakin in, is that four out of five dont bring a fuckin thing with them, and they seem to expect the rest of us to provide food, drugs, and cigarettes for them. 

'hi, im too big a cheapskate to pay like you did.  can i have the rest of your calzone?'

thats bitch.

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 5, 2013
11:50 am
patjoyce
patjoyce
Members
Forum Posts: 4891

I personally like having little cook outs at wherever I'm camped at and hooking up the people around me, even random people walking by who just happen to be hungry. I always go alone and it's a good way to meet people. If I was eating some pizza or whatever and someone tried to beg it on the basis that they snuck in I wouldn't feel that bad for them though. You can sneak in food the same way you sneak yourself in. I'm more puzzled by the people who spend all their money getting there and have no way to get home. It's always someone who lives nowhere near the gathering too, like help us get back to California, help us get back to Florida. Juggalos aren't exactly known for wealth, good luck finding a few hundred bucks in gas money. If you can't afford the return trip home, you can't afford to come to the gathering. Making sure you get home is not my problem, and I don't feel bad for you. That's like flying to Disney World and not having a return ticket home. You can't afford to go on vacation. If I couldn't afford the gathering I wouldn't go, I have pride and would rather die than beg from others, especially juggalos, so I don't understand you and I won't help you because you think the rest of us should pay for your vacation. In short, fuck you. Maybe being stranded in ass nowhere middle America will teach you a lesson, but knowing how these people expect to feed off our kindness, I doubt it will. Either way, not my problem. Try saving up all year like the rest of us.

February 5, 2013
11:57 am
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717

Hey I got a 200 dollar tent for 25 bucks that way. These dudes were tryna get home to new york and didn't have the bread. I see what your saying though. I agree with both of you

February 5, 2013
12:06 pm
patjoyce
patjoyce
Members
Forum Posts: 4891

Hey, at least they're selling something, trying to get home that way. Most of the people coming up to me don't have a fuckin thing, just help a ninja get home. I suggest you do some magic ninja tactics and teleport yourself back home, I ain't got nothin for ya. I used to feel bad doing that, turning them away, because I always have extra cash that I could give them. At the same time, why should we have to pay for your lack of insight? You're stranded because you knew you didn't have the money to get home, now you can't get home. Hitchhiking's free, give that a try. Judging how most of us look and how we dress and how most of us look no one in their right mind would pick us up, but you have a better chance of that happening than begging a few hundred bucks off of juggalos on the last day of the gathering, when we're all spent out. Maybe walking home to Texas will teach you a little something, like how to plan your vacations better. Getting there is half the battle, the rest is up to you, not me.

February 5, 2013
12:06 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Slumerican502 said:

Hey I got a 200 dollar tent for 25 bucks that way. These dudes were tryna get home to new york and didn't have the bread. I see what your saying though. I agree with both of you

at least those ninjas gave you something for your generosity. 

i met this old hippie-looking cat at some show or another, he said that when he goes to the gathering, he scoops up abandoned camp shit, and buys the same for rock bottom prices, then pawns all that shit off when he gets home, thus paying for his whole trip.  pretty good racket. 

February 5, 2013
1:41 pm
JuggaloJ
Guests

I remember in 2010, between $2 rides on my golf cart and and selling oxycodone, I came home with more money then I left with lol

February 6, 2013
12:16 pm
DIAMONDS17
DIAMONDS17
Members
Forum Posts: 180

scruffy said:

do people look bad if they sneak in…???smile

as ive mentioned in other spots, my problem with ninjas sneakin in, is that four out of five dont bring a fuckin thing with them, and they seem to expect the rest of us to provide food, drugs, and cigarettes for them. 

'hi, im too big a cheapskate to pay like you did.  can i have the rest of your calzone?'

thats bitch.

AMEN.....bottomfeeders! confused

February 6, 2013
12:19 pm
DIAMONDS17
DIAMONDS17
Members

JuggaloJ said:

I remember in 2010, between $2 rides on my golf cart and and selling oxycodone, I came home with more money then I left with lol

Yeah, considering you came there with nothing to begin with.  remember, you like to sneak in for free, while the rest of us bust our ass. How do you even post replies when you have to do math at the end?  I'm shocked......laugh

February 6, 2013
12:20 pm
DIAMONDS17
DIAMONDS17
Members

patjoyce said:

Hey, at least they're selling something, trying to get home that way. Most of the people coming up to me don't have a fuckin thing, just help a ninja get home. I suggest you do some magic ninja tactics and teleport yourself back home, I ain't got nothin for ya. I used to feel bad doing that, turning them away, because I always have extra cash that I could give them. At the same time, why should we have to pay for your lack of insight? You're stranded because you knew you didn't have the money to get home, now you can't get home. Hitchhiking's free, give that a try. Judging how most of us look and how we dress and how most of us look no one in their right mind would pick us up, but you have a better chance of that happening than begging a few hundred bucks off of juggalos on the last day of the gathering, when we're all spent out. Maybe walking home to Texas will teach you a little something, like how to plan your vacations better. Getting there is half the battle, the rest is up to you, not me.

WHOOP WHOOP

February 6, 2013
2:37 pm
JuggaloJ
Guests

Just because I sneak in doesnt mean I come with no money lol. I don't bum anything off anyone. I have plenty of money. I just choose to save it where possible, and a 10 minute hike to save 175 bucks is well worth it to me.

February 6, 2013
4:23 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

JuggaloJ said:

Just because I sneak in doesnt mean I come with no money lol. I don't bum anything off anyone. I have plenty of money. I just choose to save it where possible, and a 10 minute hike to save 175 bucks is well worth it to me.

that puts you with the other 20%, those who infiltrate without trying to be a drain on my resources. 

say, if youre paid like that, why not hand out fives to two dozen random ninjas all week?  youll still come out ahead. 

February 7, 2013
12:40 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

I've never understood how people hitchhike to the Gathering with no way to get home. On the way there, there are tons of people all going in the same direction, so it might be kinda easy to get there. But on the way out, if you don't catch a ride the second the Gathering is over, you're freaking SCREWED. Both years, I've driven out and seen people with signs like "Need ride to Denver" or "Need ride to Buffalo" or something. Once everyone floods out of Cave-in-Rock, ain't not a damn person gonna be willing to pick you up since the locals hate that we come there at all. And good luck finding a job and earning enough money for a bus ticket in a town in the dead middle of nowhere with only 350 people living there, all of whom hate Juggalos.

-Jules

February 7, 2013
1:46 am
Squarepakk666
Squarepakk666
Members
Forum Posts: 455

I remember in 2010 i saved up all summer just to buy a ticket,I bought one off this ninja i knew thru another ninja,He only charged me $130.00 for the ticket,So i had that problem solved,I rode with my homies gfs family,We had 8 ppl in that packed cramped suburban,Im not sayin it was a small suv either,It was one of the big ass Ext models.It took 1k in gas to get to Ill,And Another 1k to get back to Slc,It wasnt a cheap trip,I had $50.00 bucks to spend at the gathering,So i bought a Twiztid shirt and BMR,I didnt buy weed or drugs or any shit like that,I had weed,But the homies i was kickin it with were chill as fuck so i got to eat for free and they would smoke with me,It was cool as fuck aside from the two days it rained and all my stuff got soaked cuz i forgot my tent cover at home,I forgot my ipod at home at the last second so i didnt have tunes for the 2600 mi. journey there and back,And to top it all off,I had this massive fuckin spider up in my tent just chillin the entire time,The only thing i didnt like about the trip was the ride back,Everyone was on edge cuz we didnt have greens to smoke on the way back and we were all fightin,I just stayed in the back of our big ass suburban not sayin a damn thing,All i could think was im almost home im almost home,The gathering will take alot out of ya.   

March 22, 2013
6:19 pm
Juggalette6969
Guests

GanjaGoblin said:

BryceD546 said:

I was just wondering, this is gonna be my first gathering me and my one friend have been wanted to do it since we have been in 8th grade and Im about to be 18 on the 28th so we got our tickets
Im really really really excited love the lineup, love psychopathic, and love the wrestlers!
I just had a few questions and wanted to see if someone could answer them for me and i know this is the best place to ask!

I dont have a car pass, is there still gonna be somewhere i can park or do i need one of those too?
How is the police presence down there? I know there is none at the gathering (thank god)
Do vendors sell things not psychopathic related? I was hoping to get a KMK shirt
What food would you suggest bringing?
How much money is good to bring? Im gonna bring a good amount just wondering
Is there really stuff going on at all times :D
Anything you would tell a new juggalo thats going for the first time?

I cant tell you guys how much i love going to ICP events, everyone is so nice and it really does feel like a big party with family and thats why im looking so forward to the gathering!
Thanks in advance!
*Sorry if im coming off as a newbie ha been down for about 5 years, not much i know 

Do you have to pay for staying in a tent ?

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Michaeletews, issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845