April 29, 2024
40 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
New to the gathering questions
July 30, 2012
5:01 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

hey, bryce2D2...

happy belated birthday.  i meant to mention that on time...

have you registered for selective service yet?

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 30, 2012
8:11 am
Joeberg
Guests

As far as bathrooms, there's an outhouse in the parking lot labeled "the shitter".  Avoid it at all costs.  Otherwise, if you're camping you won't have much choice but to get up early since your tent will be pushing 100 degrees at sunrise.  That being said, try to plan your morning shit around then as they have a truck that comes around and cleans the port-o-johns every morning.  It doesn't take long for it to get bad in there again though.  You can just whip it out and take a piss anywhere though.  As long as you don't get it on someone or their stuff nobodys gonna make a big deal of it.  It's at least a 20-30min drive to the nearest place with public bathrooms if the port-o-johns are too bad for you though so again, plan accordingly.

As far as parking, you can come and go as you please from the lot assuming you don't get blocked in.  They usually have people directing traffic and showing people where to park to avoid such things but it is a possibility and if it happens you're out of luck.  If they have you park in the secondary lot across the street, beware of the ditch.  It looks like you can drive straight through but you can't.  You will wind up in the ditch and will require a tow which I'm told will run you $50-100 so be careful.  Do try to drive through the path that goes through the lot from the main road though if they aren't directing traffic through there because it's a great sight as you come up over the hill.

July 30, 2012
10:40 am
Juggaloartist
Juggaloartist
Members
Forum Posts: 43

On the bathroom topic, the time you spend in the Porta potty will be your worst at the Gathering. My advice is to bring an old bucket and an old toilet seat. Take both & toilet paper out to a secluded section of the woods ( nowhere anyone is going to walk!) and out the seat on top of the bucket. It's far less hot & putrid.

July 30, 2012
12:51 pm
BryceD512
Guests

Thanks everyone once again, and thanks scruffy for the bday wish it was saturday!, but whats selective service? 

Also faceaint! Where could i get some around the gathering? Ive never ainted my face before, seen the clowns twice though, but i am bad at it but i figure hey its the gooddamn gathering! ha
And faygo, how easy/hard is it to find the stuff at the gathering? Like i live in northwest ohio and i can get it retty much anywhere, but i want to know how much i should bring if its REAL hard to come by, im thinking like four or five cases, alreadyd have enough water to kill whoever im with three times over haha 

July 30, 2012
12:51 pm
BryceD512
Guests

Thanks everyone once again, and thanks scruffy for the bday wish it was saturday!, but whats selective service? 

Also faceaint! Where could i get some around the gathering? Ive never ainted my face before, seen the clowns twice though, but i am bad at it but i figure hey its the gooddamn gathering! ha
And faygo, how easy/hard is it to find the stuff at the gathering? Like i live in northwest ohio and i can get it retty much anywhere, but i want to know how much i should bring if its REAL hard to come by, im thinking like four or five cases, alreadyd have enough water to kill whoever im with three times over haha 

July 30, 2012
2:07 pm
Joeberg
Guests

Selective Service=the draft.

Its gonna be 100+ degrees outside.  Why the fuck would you wanna paint your face and antagonize the sun like that?  Eh your choice though.  I seem to recall there usually being 1-2 vendors selling shitty paint they scored for 69 cents after halloween and charging you like $5 but I could be wrong.  Really most people don't paint up at the Gathering.  I suspect mainly bc its so goddamn hot and you basically lack access to a proper shower for a week.  If you're dead set on doing it though, I'd suggest looking up a costume shop near where you live and checking them out.  you'll pay a little more but you'll get higher quality stuff.

Every food stand sells faygo.  Generally $1/can $2-3/20-24oz.  If you want a Pepsi, now that's a challenge.  As far as flavors, Red Pop, Rootbeer, Cola & Moon mist are the ones you'll find everywhere.  At least 1 stand will generally have Peach and/or Rock & Rye.  If you really want anything other than that, best bring it from home.  Also note some food stands are foolish enough to have their beverages sitting in a tub of ice near the stand.  It is acceptable to consider those items free.

July 30, 2012
6:30 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Juggaloartist said:

My advice is to bring an old bucket and an old toilet seat. 

oh yeah, you can do it this way too. 

if youre not trying to start a collection, though, youd probably rather bring a shovel than a bucket.  unless you cut the bottom out, i suppose.  either way, make sure to bury it, we dont need to be smellin that for days on end.

same goes for number one.  yes, there are unlimited places to piss, and for that reason, you need to TAKE A WALK before you do it.  remember, you are a human, surrounded by other humans.  pigs piss where theyre standing.

far as the portos go, they ARE portable toilets, after all.  just like all the rest in the world.  how about we make a tiny effort to clean up after ourselves?  if youre too dainty to wipe a toilet seat, your house probably already smells like a gathering...

at any rate, bring some basic cleaning supplies, and if worse comes to worst, you can always clean it up yourself.  it aint that fuckin hard.  i mean, unless its really, REALLY bad. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 30, 2012
7:39 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

ur from ohio and can get faygo ? buy a bunch and use it 2 barter. laugh

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

July 30, 2012
7:40 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

but keep it locked up and outta sight !cool

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

July 30, 2012
10:54 pm
Skullz
Skullz
Members
Forum Posts: 15

I actually thought about bringing a bucket with a hole cut in it and toilet seat on top.  The porta potties are the worst toilets you can ever imagine unless you get to one right after it's cleaned.  It'd be more for my girl as a #1 only, I wouldn't want any #2's anywhere near my tent.  The only problem I see with this is I wouldn't want to hide the bucket in my tent or anything for obvious reasons and if it's left outside I can definitely see someone passing by and using it for a #2 near my area.  IDK, maybe I'm over analyzing it, but I'm just going off what actions I've seen at the previous Gatherings.

July 30, 2012
10:59 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

I never dropped a duece in those bathrooms at the Gathering. Getting into a gas station about 4-6hrs into the drive home I destroy the closest fast food joint.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

July 31, 2012
12:47 am
DeeryLette
DeeryLette
Members
Forum Posts: 84

Holy fuck/shit I cannot believe I forgot to mention baby wipes. Its the only thimg that makes sex at the gathering possible. I can personally guarantee you will get laid if you wipe your below the waist areas with baby wipes.* So yeah wipe your self down after any experience in a porto potty or anytime you have that not so fresh feeling. total lifesavers..

*no i can't

July 31, 2012
1:44 am
DeeryLette
DeeryLette
Members

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?t=k&msid=216229612927406803042.0004537d80285ae04c084&msa=0&ll=37.536325%2C-88.093078

Monkeys on Crack has the best gotj pics and i thought this was cool and might be helpful to people.

July 31, 2012
8:00 am
Joeberg
Guests

Don't be fooled rookies.  Nobody gets laid at the Gathering.

July 31, 2012
10:54 am
JuggaloJ
Guests

Yes, baby wipes are a MUST!! I bring them every year and they do wonders in between showers! And yea, getting laid at the gathering by a decent looking chick is not as easy as they make it sound. The only girls Iv has sex with there are the ones I brought with me.

July 31, 2012
12:43 pm
DeeryLette
DeeryLette
Members

yeah, i was kidding. girls dont really feel their sexiest there. because of previously mentioned issues, so they dont really feel like fuckin. Ive done it twice, only one of the times was pleasant.

July 31, 2012
1:11 pm
MmmmBrainz
MmmmBrainz
Members
Forum Posts: 548

Commonly known ... No one attractive gets laid at the Garthering. Unless they came together.

August 1, 2012
12:38 pm
BryceD512
Guests

hahahaha thanks everyone! Just another thing, I REALLY want to get autographs! Ive always wanted Shags and Js but I also REALLY want KMKs! What time would you suggest getting to the event in order to get them? And do they do pictures? And do they sign anything? like ANYTHING! ha i was just wondering not bringin a arsenal of stuff, just wondering if they would do a picture and one thing signed

August 1, 2012
5:45 pm
Skullz
Skullz
Members
Forum Posts: 15

I never waited in line for autographs, but if you really want one be prepared to get there early and wait.  That line gets long and I know people usually start waiting in line the night before the autograph session, as long as you get there early, they'll let everyone in line get an autograph.

August 1, 2012
6:33 pm
spawn
spawn
Members
Forum Posts: 42

Unless you wanna waste half if your time at the gathering in line waiting there is way more memorable things goin on then autographs

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
34 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Michaeletews, issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845