April 28, 2024
108 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
fl.net forum meetup massacre 2014
August 2, 2014
8:27 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
381sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know, I forgot to post my pics from the gathering. I made it to only one MM in which @frog showed up. The rest of them kinda happened at @scruffy, @entrappedmind, and @piggofdoom's camp by the strawberry.

Anyway here is the picture from the MM with @frog. From the left it goes @frog, @psyral-infection, and @krunkazphuk.
2014-07-24_00-21-40_886.jpgImage Enlarger

And I found this online of me. I just woke up from an afternoon nap.
14751840956_d5e812a26b_c.jpgImage Enlarger

And this last one is just me being vain and taking a pic of myself.
2014-07-23_19-56-25_275.jpgImage Enlarger

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
August 2, 2014
9:51 am
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845
382sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said
Hey guys!

Yeah, I'm sorry I crapped out on the meetups. I completely forgot that we had made tentative times to meet up at the stage. Honestly, I think it fell out of my brain as soon as I got there and walked up and down those hills a few times. Those fuckin' rocks were *killers! Man, Juggalos are like fuckin' billy goats! There were ninjas twice my size hiking up and down the place while I'm having to take momentary breaks! Fuck that JCW hill!

I tried several times popping in to Scottie's RV site thinking everyone would be there but there never was. Well, until I finally found Scottie there late on the second afternoon. I had to wait quietly as he was being talked up by another ninja for like 10min. before I could even introduce myself. Of course he was busy with somethin' 'er other so after he had politely invited me into the a/c of the RV, I excused myself so he could get to it.

I ran into him again at the wet t-shirt contest (rather, he saw me in the shirt) but again, after he said hello he was back on the phone, heh.

It was after that that you guys yelled me out of the crowd.

I gotta say I still get a laugh out of how that went down, "Who are you?" "My name's..." "Yeah, yeah but [five people simultaneously saying] WHO *ARE* YOU?!"

LOL

It was great to meet you all and chill for a bit (in the sun). Actually, it was the first time I've ever met people IRL that I had only ever spoken to online! Thanks for your compliment entrapped, and as predicted... your kid still lives, ha ha. And thanks to everyone for their hospitality despite my brief appearance. Although I did see entrapped and son again at the ICP seminar... where I got hit in the chest with an unpeeled tangerine, a full (but open) Gatorade bottle to the chest and a turkey leg to the back of the neck. Whoever was in control of the music that had the bright idea of playing Bang!Pow!Boom! when there was ammunition all over the place gets a 'smh'...

Again, I'm sorry for seemingly flaking out on you guys but I was there by myself and didn't have anyone to remind me of shit. It was sensory overload. If I wasn't ragged from the hills with the damn rocks, I was wandering around trying to soak it all in. Serious subconscious auto-pilot. But I wore my shirt proudly hoping to run into other people. And I *did have one other ninja notice my shirt in the crowd and asked who I was on the forums. He said he was mostly a lurker but knew the name and also had tried to find people at Scottie's RV.

If it weren't for my damn batteries, I would have shot a lot more video or at the least had the thought that maybe I should have taken some damn pictures of my own when I ran into you guys.

Now that I've finally got a Gathering under my belt, next year I'll be able to tune in a little bit better and know where my feet should be taking me. But more than anything, again, despite only just running into you guys, it was a really important part of my experience of being at The Gathering and I really thank you all for being so cool.

In the future, I'll try to post a report of my own on my adventures but probably sooner I'll post links to my videos (albeit kinda crappy ones).

MMFWCL! Whoop Whoop!

ps @verytwiztedraven I remember that you did manage to snap a pick of me and I'm sure I looked like burnt shit at the time so... uh... just hold on to that for later extortion purposes, heh ;)

pps @scottied THANK YOU! Next to my Lotus amulet, my Faygoluvers shirt is my favorite bit of schwag I took home with me! You were always busy but you still said "Hey". If I didn't already know that you must love what you're doing while you're there, I'd say you need to clock out before you get to the Gathering next time, heh.

'~'=

@cheshyr, welcome to my world homie!  lol.  I truly do wish I had more time to hang out with everyone!  I hope your brief interaction with me didn't rub you the wrong way.  I appreciate what you (and everyone here) bring to our little FLH community and hope you know that!  I do need to find some gaps in the Gathering timeline to just kick it and be in Juggalo mode instead of work mode, but every time I look at it, there's something else I think needs to be covered.  I'm a workhorse, what can I say?  

I'm glad you got a Gathering under your belt and hope you enjoyed it despite the shitty rock hills and "Fuck the front/back" fights at the seminar.  Hopefully you know what to expect next year so you can prepare for any potential bones.  

I absolutely LOVE what I do at the Gathering!  The fact that we get to bring any little bit of the GOTJ home to those less fortunate ninjas makes it all worth it.  I've been telling everyone who asks that the most stressful week of the year for me is the week AFTER the gathering where I try to knock out all the pics, videos, and my review (which i have mostly outlined ATM). 

Speaking of which, @verytwiztidraven: have you started yours yet?

August 2, 2014
11:06 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
383sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ STARTED, yes :-) But it's far from done. I haven't even gotten all of the pics uploaded since I took like 1300+, and Flickr is moving at a snail's pace. But I am editing them down and resizing for FLH, and have started the write up. Hopefully I'll be done in like...a week? We'll see.

-Jules

August 2, 2014
11:18 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

entrappedmind said
My form of helping out is to simply mention FLH in every conversation I have. See, I have to be subliminal about it... Because when you're an ogre like me, being pushy and in-your-face about something is just gonna scare folks off. Heh. And yes, I do enjoy that reaction as well - but it's not good for bidniss.

Actually, for the next Gathering, I'd like to represent Faygluvers in a more outright fashion than we did this year. As I'd mentioned, have a Faygoluvers Village where we're camped (or at least those that don't already have ties elsewhere - or prefer to stay in a hotel *cough*Jules*cough*)... Featuring Frog's wheel, brought to you by Faygoluvers - spin the wheel, get a beer AND a FLH sticker... Some shit like that... I think a brainstorming session at some point in the next 9 months is in order - there's a LOT we can do to further the cause of our "home" here... WITHOUT running ourselves ragged, and more importantly, without @scottied being forced to run himself ragged.

By the way - I'm trying to convince my kid to write an article (under the pseudonym "Boxy" hehe) on the Gathering from a 14 year old's perspective, but thus far he's resisting. Says it sounds too much like schoolwork. Sigh.

Have him do it! Think of it this way, he probably WILL have to write a report like that for school, and if he does it now, there's a hell of a lot less pressure, and it's less work he has to do later. Hell, if it ever turns out he DOES use it for school, let me know and I will proofread it (Grammar don't matter that much on the forums, but if he uses it for school I want to make sure he gets an A)

@psyral-infection your face paint is on fucking point. I will pay you to paint me up next year.

August 2, 2014
12:54 pm
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members
Forum Posts: 549
385sp_Permalink sp_Print

@psyral-infection thanks for posting. And Yea, definitely dope paint

From tadpoles to frogs to Jesus to legends.

August 2, 2014
1:26 pm
patjoyce
patjoyce
Members
Forum Posts: 4891
386sp_Permalink sp_Print

Those FLH jerseys are cool as hell. Color me jealous.

@scottied, you do an unbelievable amount of shit at the Gathering, more than I could ever accomplish. It is appreciated by all of us at home and the reviews you write are always the shit. Doesn't seem like you ever really have a chance to just kick back and enjoy yourself. I'm sure you do, but the fact that you work so hard to hook others up at home and who are there is just the shit dude. Thank you. Looking forward to the review.

And for anyone who got the bone and missed out this year, my #1 fan @verytwiztidraven writes the best Gathering reviews I've ever read. Even a few years after Hog Rock you can read her reviews and it's like being back there again, hard to achieve. We don't necessarily like each other, so the fact that I'm saying this should tell you all something. If you want to know what the Gathering was really like from a fans perspective, read her shit. However, it will take you about an hour or so and if you don't like to read, you're fucked.

I never wrote a Gathering review, by the time I would be recovered enough to actually do so I would honestly forget a lot of shit, and I just don't like to write articles about anything, I'd rather read them than write my own. So for those who take the time, thank you. And the t-shirts were a great idea, hope you do it again next year.

August 2, 2014
1:45 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
387sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I don't dislike you, Pat, because I've never met you. I just dislike the way that you act on the forums a lot. I have no personal beef with you or anyone else here. You've never crossed me, and all I've done to you is give you some real talk about how I feel you come across. If you've chosen to dislike me, that's fine, but I have no problem with you personally.

-Jules

August 2, 2014
1:47 pm
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin

patjoyce said
Those FLH jerseys are cool as hell. Color me jealous.

@scottied, you do an unbelievable amount of shit at the Gathering, more than I could ever accomplish. It is appreciated by all of us at home and the reviews you write are always the shit. Doesn't seem like you ever really have a chance to just kick back and enjoy yourself. I'm sure you do, but the fact that you work so hard to hook others up at home and who are there is just the shit dude. Thank you. Looking forward to the review.

And for anyone who got the bone and missed out this year, my #1 fan @verytwiztidraven writes the best Gathering reviews I've ever read. Even a few years after Hog Rock you can read her reviews and it's like being back there again, hard to achieve. We don't necessarily like each other, so the fact that I'm saying this should tell you all something. If you want to know what the Gathering was really like from a fans perspective, read her shit. However, it will take you about an hour or so and if you don't like to read, you're fucked.

I never wrote a Gathering review, by the time I would be recovered enough to actually do so I would honestly forget a lot of shit, and I just don't like to write articles about anything, I'd rather read them than write my own. So for those who take the time, thank you. And the t-shirts were a great idea, hope you do it again next year.

I think this might be the nicest thing @patjoyce has ever said to anyone...EVER.  lol.  Thank you though man. That means a lot!  I do enjoy every bit of what I do at the Gathering, even if it's sitting through a JCW seminar which I have no interest in just to make sure it gets out to everyone who might still like fake fighting...

I couldn't agree more about @verytwiztidraven's Gathering reviews.  She really makes you feel like you're there, and I'm anxious to read what it was like from her perspective.  For what it's worth, I do my review more for myself so I can look at it 10 years down the road and still relive everything down to the minor details.  If anyone else gets a kick out of it, then that's even better!  The Gathering review, while tedious, is probably the most selfish thing I do concerning the event. lol.

I'd actually like to see a Gathering review from the eyes of PatJoyce. It would be humorous if nothing else!

I think the shirts should be done every year. Maybe we can base next year's design off of meeting at the strawberry and go from there.  We'll see if it's even at Legend Valley though and plan accordingly.  I came out of pocket about $300 between designs and having them printed up, so next year, I'll probably have to have them pre-ordered.  I can't do that every year, but wanted to hook you all up for showing all the support for FLH through the years.

@one_3rd , I STILL have yours if you want to hit me up via PM.

That's it! Back to the review I go!

August 2, 2014
2:06 pm
Sean Law
Sean Law
Members
Forum Posts: 3352
389sp_Permalink sp_Print

from wanting to go every year, to not wanting to go, to being jealous, and now wanting to go again. lol.

I used say it every year, but it would be amazing, not just for the experience, but just to meet some of these guys, and give @ScottieD and @Punkrockjuggalo a major dap for all they do for us.

I'll fuck you till you love me, Faggot!

-Tyson

August 2, 2014
2:11 pm
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
390sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sean Law said
from wanting to go every year, to not wanting to go, to being jealous, and now wanting to go again. lol.

I used say it every year, but it would be amazing, not just for the experience, but just to meet some of these guys, and give @ScottieD and @Punkrockjuggalo a major dap for all they do for us.

@sean-law, I go through that cycle of emotions every year!  I'm like "Do I really want to spend my vacation time going to something I've been to 14 other times?" Then I go, have the time of my life, and never, ever regret it!

I want to meet @punkrockjuggalo myself to thank him for all the work he's put in over the past year or so on FLH, and the time he's put into being awesome on the forums before that!  PRJ: you WILL make it next year!

August 2, 2014
2:13 pm
patjoyce
patjoyce
Members
Forum Posts: 4891
391sp_Permalink sp_Print

VeryTwiztidRaven said
^ I don't dislike you, Pat, because I've never met you. I just dislike the way that you act on the forums a lot. I have no personal beef with you or anyone else here. You've never crossed me, and all I've done to you is give you some real talk about how I feel you come across. If you've chosen to dislike me, that's fine, but I have no problem with you personally.

-Jules

I don't dislike you at all, that came out wrong. Kinda got the impression you would run me over with a golf cart though. It's all good though, I appreciate real talk. If it wasn't for people like slumerican502, LTB, Scruffy, OCJ_Brendan, Lucem Ferre, sexylette420, and now verytwiztidraven, I wouldn't necessarily know when I was fucking up.

It's real easy to come off the wrong way in forums. It's kinda like when you text your friend something sarcastic and they think you're pissed. Tone doesn't come across well in forums either. I didn't realize I was derailing threads all over the place. I just get caught up in my own bullshit more often than not, without thinking how it may effect others' enjoyment on the forum. Now that it's been brought to my attention, I know to knock it off. No, you shouldn't have to have to point out obvious things to me. Nobody should. There are just some people I genuinely dislike on here, who I'm sure dislike me just as much, and I find it hard not to be a dick to them. But I really don't want to take away from other peoples' enjoyment on here. So, since it was bothering you, thanks for letting me know. It won't happen anymore (I hope).

I'll just bash he who shall not be named in PM's now, which should bother nobody. laugh

See? That's progress right thurr.

August 2, 2014
2:14 pm
Sean Law
Sean Law
Members
392sp_Permalink sp_Print

I been wanting to go since they started, but every year shit happens, I cant afford bla bla bla. I WILL make it though lol

-Tyson

August 2, 2014
2:35 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559
393sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScottieD said

I want to meet @punkrockjuggalo myself to thank him for all the work he's put in over the past year or so on FLH, and the time he's put into being awesome on the forums before that!  PRJ: you WILL make it next year!

aww, you know how to make a person feel special.......Joining the FLH crew was one of my better decisions.... I'm glad you asked me to be apart of the team........ as for the part in bold....... I'm PLANNING on it! I'm still VERY pissed and upset that i did not make it this year. NOTHING WILL STOP ME THIS UPCOMING YEAR!

August 2, 2014
2:40 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
394sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sean Law said

Thank You

August 2, 2014
2:49 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
395sp_Permalink sp_Print

What no one saw this year was PRJ sitting at his computer on Facebook during the ICP seminar, updating Facebook and Twitter as I messaged their announcements to him. He was covering the Gathering without even being at the Gathering! Mad props to him for that.

-Jules

August 2, 2014
2:53 pm
Sean Law
Sean Law
Members
396sp_Permalink sp_Print

never skipped a beat. he was on FB, Twitter, and the forums hookin up the hook up. dude needs some time off

-Tyson

August 2, 2014
2:54 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
397sp_Permalink sp_Print

VeryTwiztidRaven said
What no one saw this year was PRJ sitting at his computer on Facebook during the ICP seminar, updating Facebook and Twitter as I messaged their announcements to him. He was covering the Gathering without even being at the Gathering! Mad props to him for that.

and i thank you for sending me the notes, so i could inform people of the news!

August 2, 2014
3:01 pm
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
398sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well isn't it just one giant fucking love fest in here?

August 2, 2014
3:10 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
399sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScottieD said
Well isn't it just one giant fucking love fest in here?

I'm surprised. I have not seen this much love being shown in a all time in the forums. (Not Complaining)

but

there is a Circle jerk going down in the The Love Shack! Who wants middle?

August 2, 2014
3:13 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members

there is a Circle jerk going down in the The Love Shack! Who wants middle?

Someone wear a GoPro on a helmet, please and thanks!

-Jules

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
64 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Indica cart, sickjuggalo666, RichardTourl, AntonioJox, RonaldThono

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845