April 26, 2024
91 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
2015 Meetup Massacre
June 24, 2015
12:32 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

well, I'm thinking, it'd be cool to have one early and one kinda like to say goodbye? Plus, if we're all chillin' together for the seminar it would be cool. When I've gone to SDCC I always go alone and I tend to fade into the background at things, so it'd be nice to go to the seminar with friends to talk about the info with and to help me process.

but it's whatever

June 24, 2015
6:49 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

And participate in the epic Pre-ICP Seminar Trash Fight.

Fuck the left side!

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 24, 2015
9:24 am
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137

I'll be at the icp seminar as will but I never make plans to do things anymore they never work out for me

June 24, 2015
9:37 am
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845

Just throwing it out there...I'm good with meeting up at the Faygoluvers HQ trailer.  I won't be offended if you want to meet elsewhere, but I'm in and out of there all the time working, so being surrounded by my FLH forum homies wouldn't be a bad thing.  lol.  Anyways, just another option.  See you guys in less than 4 weeks!

June 24, 2015
9:37 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

ScottieD said
Just throwing it out there...I'm good with meeting up at the Faygoluvers HQ trailer.  I won't be offended if you want to meet elsewhere, but I'm in and out of there all the time working, so being surrounded by my FLH forum homies wouldn't be a bad thing.  lol.  Anyways, just another option.  See you guys in less than 4 weeks!

I like this idea.  Easy to find every year ive gone.  Plus what better place to meet then the HQ itself.

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

bayAreaShaman

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

June 26, 2015
7:11 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

the where is the easy part.  even if it turns out to be all outta the way and up n down hills, we oughtta be able to find the spot.  

its the when, thats tricky.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 1, 2015
11:56 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

So anyone have any time/day in mind yet? 

July 1, 2015
12:13 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members

OCJ_Brendan said

ScottieD said

I like this idea.  Easy to find every year ive gone.  Plus what better place to meet then the HQ itself.

bayAreaShaman

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

July 1, 2015
12:19 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

CellE2057 said

dont think so.   

gonna need to figure it out, though.  unless we wanna just wander in and out at random.  

July 1, 2015
1:38 pm
CellE2057
Members

scruffy said

CellE2057 said

dont think so.   

gonna need to figure it out, though.  unless we wanna just wander in and out at random.  

Didn't you say that you weren't going? Seems like I remember reading that. 

Okay, so, how about a location first? That should be easy enough to figure out. I vote Parking Lot and/or FaygoLuvers HQ. Those are easy enough to find. Thoughts, anyone? Yay, nay? I know OJC votes HQ so anyone else?

July 1, 2015
1:47 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

CellE2057 said  

said that the odds were strongly against it.  which they were, at the time.  

now, the odds are better.  not a hundred percent, but im proceedin as if im goin until i know for certain i cant do it.  

Okay, so, how about a location first? That should be easy enough to figure out. I vote Parking Lot and/or FaygoLuvers HQ. Those are easy enough to find. Thoughts, anyone? Yay, nay? I know OJC votes HQ so anyone else?

if scottie is willing to have the massacre at his house, im not gonna naysay it.  sounds great to me.  

July 1, 2015
1:53 pm
CellE2057
Members

scruffy said

CellE2057 said  

said that the odds were strongly against it.  which they were, at the time.  

now, the odds are better.  not a hundred percent, but im proceedin as if im goin until i know for certain i cant do it.  

Got ya. I hope you can make it, man. I want to meet as many of you mother fuckers as I can when I'm there. 

July 1, 2015
2:32 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members

I plan on sleeping/tending camp/making runs into town each day from 6am to about 2pm so afternoon would be best for me.

bayAreaShaman

July 1, 2015
3:54 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Again, looking at the schedule, there seems to be a nice gap of time each day at 6pm before the Main Stage acts go on. We can hang out for a bit and either go our ways or (presumably) all go to the Main Stage together. Or at least walk there together. Split up however we wanna but at least we'd have a good half hour to chill.

The exceptions would be on Friday and Saturday when Jarren Benton and AMB go on each day respectively.

Another option (and it's a long shot) is if amongst those of us that are definitely going take a look at the schedule and find out if there happens to be any events that we ALL are planning on going to. Like, all going to the comedians or if we're all planning on going to Miss Juggalette... that kinda thing... but just like the Family Feud thing, that might not be decided until we're at the parking lot party.

But I'm casting my vote for a flat 6pm meetup at ScottiD's RV. Seems easy enough to remember.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 1, 2015
4:02 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

Cheshyr said
Again, looking at the schedule, there seems to be a nice gap of time each day at 6pm before the Main Stage acts go on. We can hang out for a bit and either go our ways or (presumably) all go to the Main Stage together. Or at least walk there together. Split up however we wanna but at least we'd have a good half hour to chill.

The exceptions would be on Friday and Saturday when Jarren Benton and AMB go on each day respectively.

Another option (and it's a long shot) is if amongst those of us that are definitely going take a look at the schedule and find out if there happens to be any events that we ALL are planning on going to. Like, all going to the comedians or if we're all planning on going to Miss Juggalette... that kinda thing... but just like the Family Feud thing, that might not be decided until we're at the parking lot party.

But I'm casting my vote for a flat 6pm meetup at ScottiD's RV. Seems easy enough to remember.

seconded.

July 1, 2015
7:13 pm
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137

I think the icp seminar everyone would want to see

July 1, 2015
7:38 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

CellE2057 said 

FLH RV sounds good. But what about he night before in the parking lot. That is huge and it's tough even finding your own vehicle when you run to the bathroom let alone find some one elses. Maybe if we make a meeting at a specific time for the parking lot party near the ticket booth?

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 1, 2015
8:42 pm
DrFreshness
DrFreshness
Members
Forum Posts: 596

What about:

1. An official two-hour time slot, Meet Up Massacre Event on Wednesday or Thursday, from 4-6 PM before the mainstage gets going, at the FLH RV.

2. A couple of other appointed times/places for people to meet up, like at the parking lot party and maybe another time later on in the Gathering for anyone who doesn't make the main meet up.  But, rather than being a time slot set aside to hang out, this would just be times and a places for ninjas from the forum to connect up. 

ma I ohw tnia I nmaddog
map deman sehctib taf gib nikcuf syawla m'I
July 1, 2015
9:10 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members

My hat ill be wearing all weekend says OCJ on it and my right leg says OCJ on it so if anyone sees me out and about regardless of it being a Meetup Massacre im down to smoke with ya...

bayAreaShaman

July 1, 2015
9:17 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

sounds good.  can i stand around with you and front like im ocj, too?  

im only half jokin.  

most gatherings, i spend a ton of time hangin with new road dogs, and each time, i wonder if theyre followin me around...  or if im trailin them...  

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
75 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

NormanTRULA, SamuelToinY, Robertblima, DavidItefe, Marcomooms

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845