May 12, 2024
24 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
The Juggalo Family Feud Faygoluvers Forum Team Thread
June 26, 2015
7:24 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@cheshyr , Ah... sorry, I didn't clarify that one better. I was thinking of the Shangra-La game in that pluralization.

With 3 nights of the Family Feud, I am worried that it will be elimination to the final night of that game. Like the winners from the previous 2 nights will compete in the final night. Since the after-midnight activities are all piled on top of each other, there would be too many things I want to see that would conflict if the FF game goes down as above. I just don't want to agree to FF and then decide afterwards not to do it.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 26, 2015
7:45 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

That's cool, ninja. I wasn't kicking rocks at you or anything. I get it, heh. There's a LOT of things for everyone to do this year. I know in year's past there's always been activities for people to but this year really seems to have more things for more people to participate in (and not just watch or involve mostly the girls or guys separately).

No sweat. I'm just thirsty for that watch. I'm a bit of a chronophile and the thought of winning a watch that will only be given out to a few is pretty damn compelling.

Hell, I wanna play The Quest but after having seen that there is such a limited capacity for that game... Morton's is also very interesting to me but I'm kinda iffy on the whole organizational aspect of it and the terms of "winning".

The Feud has a structure I'm familiar with.

I'd really like to get up there for the Forum with people I've been talking to (and at) all year rather than new friends who may or may not be on the same page of thought.

No foul. Not like too many other people have piped up since then anyway so... we'll see.

Guess it might be me and Raven battling it out with three draft picks.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

June 26, 2015
1:51 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

again...  what, i dont know surveys...?  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 29, 2015
12:23 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

My preference would be for Thursday night but if everyone else is shooting for the first night, I am too. I really don't want to miss Danny Kae but Family Feud with people from here sounds better. I fear what Psyral said though. It might be an elimination deal and winning teams compete the next night.

June 29, 2015
6:39 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Myself, I am not as partial to the Wednesday as there is a show I wanna see that happens in the middle of the allotted game BUT if some turn of fate gets us Game #1 on Day 1, that'd be doable. Otherwise, I am open on any other day but I'd like to be able to see the Rydas and I can "suffer" not going to Wolfpac...

Also, I do not believe that The Feud is consecutive. 1) because the games just keep going every night 2) the prizes are isted as being the Dark Carnival watch and the Fast Money Round prize of the $200 merch credit (split). There is no mention of any kind of cumulative prize or carry over to other nights (as it does the Texas Hold 'Em Tourney for example). There's nothing like on the actual show where if the family gets to the Fast Money Round 'X' amount of times they win a car 'er some shit. Pretty sure it's strictly one off.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

June 29, 2015
11:31 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

^ Babe, I'm not missing Rydas...they are always my #2 most anticipated act after Dark Lotus. I will make sure you will get to the Rydas set heh

-Jules

June 30, 2015
6:32 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Heh, last year I wasn't able to make it to seeing the Rydas as I had not anticipated how completely wiped out I would be by the time they were set to come up on stage.

I chose the over-whelming call of sleep at 4am to climbing up that hill to get there.

I'm hoping I do a bit better with sleep management and time this year. Maybe invest in a few more Spazmatics than usual.

June 30, 2015
7:43 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Last year I slept during the day after my 6am shower. With most of the extra curriculars occuring after midnight, I will most likely do it again.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 30, 2015
4:01 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Psyral Infection said
Last year I slept during the day after my 6am shower. With most of the extra curriculars occuring after midnight, I will most likely do it again.

This is always my plan.  Ill see you out in the night homie :-)

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

July 2, 2015
10:10 pm
TravisKing
TravisKing
Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4

put me in that

July 2, 2015
10:11 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

bump_gif

the emoticons don't seem to work anymore but that was a bump...

July 3, 2015
12:10 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

@travisking thanks for joining in!!!

...and here's the line of questioning... 1) are you gonna be at the lot party? 2) have you skimmed the Massacre page? https://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/.....-massacre/ 3) looking at the schedule, what works for you best? 4) what can you absolutely NOT miss on the schedule?

We would love to have you and reprezentin' on the Family Feud Team!

July 13, 2015
12:34 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Pretty much just bumpin' but we're still in full effect with this.

So far I've got "confirmed" as our players being:

@cheshyr
@verytwiztidraven
@travisking

with our "prospective" players being:
@celle2057
@one_3rd
@piggofdoom

I am very aware of all of our preferences and time concerns and I will do my very best to get whatever info we need to get/make our decision set. I'm hoping I can get in contact with the organizers on the first day, throw some swag around and get us locked into a "first game" on 'X' day situation and then grab everyone (as it seems like all of us would be able/willing to on each day as long as we get to play first)...

The only thing that might make the whole thing easier to orchestrate is our ability to communicate with each other. IOW, if I were to go and get a time and day locked in, I would need to be able to relate that to all parties concerned as easily as possible. For now the best method seems to be in person at one of our Meetups. But I also know that most of us will not have our devices "active" to be able to text or call everyone so... there's that.

Any suggestions and willing contestants are still welcome...!!!

Hit me up!

'~'=

July 13, 2015
10:59 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

Not gonna be a at GOTJ, so I won't be able to play.

July 13, 2015
1:35 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

you can put me down as a 'prospective', cheshyr. 

would be 'confirmed', but its still not actually 'confirmed' that ill be gathering at all, yet.  looks like its really gonna come down to the wire, this year. 

if im there, ill probably be happy to feud.

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 13, 2015
2:21 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

@piggofdoom Sorry to hear that. I thought you had mentioned it before. Wasn't sure if it was a confirmed "no".

@scruffy Happy to hear it (heh). Hope you'll be able to make it after all!

I also really hope we can pull this all together in the end. If not... at least I tried :/

July 14, 2015
3:11 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

I'm a definite. The only caveat would be that I'm not missing Lo Key, which is on Friday at 3AM. I'd like to check out Danny Kae but if it comes down to it, I can miss it for this. Other than that I'm down to play whenever on whatever day. 

Their lack of saying how it's going to work (sign up sheets, etc. etc.) seems to be complicating things a wee bit, yeah?

July 14, 2015
3:34 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

CellE2057 said
I'm a definite. The only caveat would be that I'm not missing Lo Key, which is on Friday at 3AM. I'd like to check out Danny Kae but if it comes down to it, I can miss it for this. Other than that I'm down to play whenever on whatever day. 

Their lack of saying how it's going to work (sign up sheets, etc. etc.) seems to be complicating things a wee bit, yeah?

Awesome!

I'll do a little back logging and try to compile everyone's preferences and see if I can figure out an "optimal" day and time I will try to shoot for and unless we can get that, I'll let everyone know asap when I know... still figuring out communication lines.

July 14, 2015
9:33 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

I'd be interested in playing family feud (depending on the time) if you guys are still looking for ppl...unless you were just looking for forum regulars or w/e

July 19, 2015
11:52 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Alright fuckos and fuckettes!!!

This'll be my last posting on this. Seems like we have enough interested parties to have a team but we're still a bit sketchy on time availability which is fine, I'm sure we can suss it all out when we run into each other.

If it happens, it happens. If it don't, it don't.

I'm sure there's plenty of other ninjas in attendance going in groups of five or more that would have a LOT less strife getting it together to play, so if we get outdone, more power to 'em.

I'll put in some legwork on it all and do my best to wrangle everyone all the same!

It would be loads of fun and... that watch.... you KNOW you want it!

Here's tuh hopin'!

I'll bump this before I leave. See ya there!!!

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
40 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Rolanddaurl, cbd softgels, RaymondBew, MathewVew, Randyisosy

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845