April 28, 2024
140 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official 18th Annual GOTJ 2017 Discussion Thread
June 15, 2017
7:12 am
Laptop
Laptop
Members
Forum Posts: 49
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

Manbearpig4LFE said

Ayy, it's my first gathering too!  I live in Los Angeles but grew up in WI, my friends got me into them.  Ever since then I have slowly become a Juggalo.  I am finally taking my next steps as a Juggalo and going to the gathering this year.  Literally just bought my tickets.

I am also planning on doing this solo.  I plan on stopping at wal mart picking up some cheap stuff that I will use for the weekend.  Cheap tent, cheap booze, cheap blankets and some prime steaks WHOOP WHOOP.

I for sure want to camp, so if you change your mind HMU.  I have no idea what to expect but when i camp with my homies there are usually fights, bears, and lots of throw up.  So I am somewhat prepared.

My question to anyone who has been to the gathering before: How difficult is it to get a campsite?  

I will be showing up on Thursday (the second day).  I have camping set in my mind and don't want to show up and not find a spot.  I know this is a new venue but would appreciate any insight.  

Im showing up on thursday too. Ill be in touch but I'm still going to get a room. 

June 15, 2017
8:39 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

Balla passes appear available again. I just tried to put one in the cart and it worked, dont know if its new or not, but the pic still says sold out. Figured someone might wanna snag one. 

edit. 

Looks like 2 are available. 

June 15, 2017
9:09 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

Split1open said    
So... 2 village or not 2 village?     

that is the question, or so billy shakes said.  or woulda said, if he had been on the forum.  

if village, next question is, how to do it?  gonna be real dependent on good land navigators, bein that we dont have a great idea of what the grounds will be like.  and comms.  and meeting up before gates.  and et cetera et cetera on and on.  

I'm down 2 lay claim on our rightful chunk.wacky      

im down to lay claim to our chunk.  not so concerned about 'right', though.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 15, 2017
9:44 am
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

Word.

I should be there mid day the 25th aiming for 5:00. 

June 15, 2017
10:35 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

djscrubb said

Congrats homie!!!  Being a dad rules.  I can agree, being a new dad, going to the Gathering will not be on your list of things to do when your baby is here, it wasn't for me either.  Maybe when he gets a little older Ill make it again, cuz I really do want my wife to experience it once at least.    

thanks! yah its real exciting. Definitely do wanna check out another one if they still keep them going but this year is out for sure =(

I am however going to the louder than life festival at the end of September in Louisville so I'll at least get to check out a festival this year. Won't even compare though but its something.

As far as the FLH Village I hope you guys get another one set up. If I was going I would definitely spear head that campaign. I was so happy to see all of our planning actually come to fruition last year. That village was the best part of the gathering and for the new people going I'm sure it would be for them too. Sorry @bayareashaman  I can't be on the grills of steel with you again this year but I know they will be in good hands with you and your grill skills. Oh and fuck those fireworks, for real. that was by far the worst thing at the gathering.

You guys should get a head count going on who is planning to be in the village. seems like you have enough people from last year to at least set up a small one at this point. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

deathmetaljuggalo, scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 20, 2017
1:25 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

IMG_0022.JPGImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Guest :

djscrubb, scruffy, Split
June 21, 2017
1:38 pm
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

ABK needs to hire Reno Rydaz for all his flyering needs lol  The dude seriously has the worst flyers in the game.

June 22, 2017
12:21 am
Manbearpig4LFE
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Noah Fence said

Where in LA?

Hollywood.  Yes, there are juggalos everywhere...  I ship Faygo via Rural King, if you buy 4 12 packs it ends up being only 75 cents a can lol.

There is one soda shop in Hipster Park that sells Faygo but it is only in bottles, about $8 a 6 pack and flavors are limited (i think they only have rock n rye and root beer).  Also Commerce Costco carrys 24 can flats of root beer for like $6 which is my go-to.

June 22, 2017
12:26 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dope man. I love about an hour east of LA in the IE and go to school in Irvine down in the OC. V Ron lives in Hollywood. Violent Dope lives about an hour east of me. Human balloon lives somewhere out in LA. They aren't very active here anymore but there's a lot of us on the board from the area.

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

Manbearpig4LFE

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

July 1, 2017
4:28 pm
Members

Screenshot_2017-07-01-15-24-39-1.pngImage Enlarger

Edit: After I posted this I saw it was a news item already. Oh well. 

July 1, 2017
5:48 pm
FuckHerRightInThePussy
Members
Forum Posts: 555
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

Guest said
Screenshot_2017-07-01-15-24-39-1.pngImage Enlarger

Edit: After I posted this I saw it was a news item already. Oh well.   

Man, I really hope they play blahzay over the speakers as a special surprise again this year. And I hope I can get Will Siglers autograph!!

July 1, 2017
10:36 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bitch of it is, for the "lackluster" comments that are already aplenty about this flier, the lineup this year looks way better than the lineup last year to me.

It's weird. Juggalos bitch and complain about the "mainstream" artists that they bring in for the Gathering but the year that they go with a legit credible underground lineup, the SAME Juggalos bitch that they don't have any "big" names. Make up ya mind, fuckers. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

Split, Chuckieboy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 2, 2017
12:04 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

CellE2057 said    
It's weird. Juggalos bitch and complain about the "mainstream" artists that they bring in for the Gathering but the year that they go with a legit credible underground lineup, the SAME Juggalos bitch that they don't have any "big" names. Make up ya mind, fuckers.     

this, this is very true.  

of course, you might as well shorten it down to 

Juggalos bitch and complain.     

sigh.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 3, 2017
7:58 am
FuckHerRightInThePussy
Members
Forum Posts: 555
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fuckin infomercials, how do they work?

Whoop Whoop FuckHerRightInThePussy :

Noah Fence, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 3, 2017
12:22 pm
Members
115sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is still on Google when you search for GOTJ 2017 location: 

Screenshot_2017-07-03-11-13-26-1.pngImage Enlarger

Lol will there be that one person who goes to Denver looking for GOTJ? I would be inclined to say yes. 

July 3, 2017
12:41 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lol, I bet there's still ninjas that show up at hog rock.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

scruffy
July 3, 2017
1:18 pm
Members
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

You're probably right. I guarantee there were a few the first year they left. 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

scruffy
July 4, 2017
2:39 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

July 4, 2017
3:14 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

You clearly made that as an attempt to shame them for not having the tupac hologram.

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

July 4, 2017
9:09 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

First impression: That sounded like a late night audio editing session. The kind that you wake up to and wonder what the fuck you were thinkin. It's precisely why mofos should get a full nights sleep before editing their shit. Fresh ears hear better, man. 

Second impression: Their taste in metal is and has always been atrocious. Fuckin pure garbage choices there. I'm still bitter that I missed Cannibal Corpse when they were there, I guess. 

Third impression: Like I said before, there's more artists that I want to see this year than last year so that's cool. Never thought I'd get to see Insane Poetry AND Vanilla ICE at the same place. That is...an odd combo.

No Juggalo Family Feud this year? The fuck, man?

All of the music/scheduled activities are secondary of course but:

Now that we have the infomercial what artists/official events are you most excited for? If any of course.

Mine: 

ICP (not excited for the Wraith really but whatever), Vanilla Ice, Prof (no idea who he is but I liked what I heard), CAGE, Big Hoodoo, Jelly Role (dude has a solid live show despite his mediocre music), ABK, Froggy Fresh, Shaggy 2 Dope (anyone wanna fact check their statement that he's never done a solo at the Gathering? That doesn't sound right to me), Green Jelly, Insane Poetry (!!!), Lyte, MadChild, KFV, PsychoStick (never got to see them and have always wanted to), A.X.E, Myzery, the art contest, gonna try to kill some Catch 21 again and that light show looks cool as fuck. 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
69 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Williamcuh, Normanjoify, Williambaf, Edwardzence, HaroldSah

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845