April 28, 2024
57 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official 18th Annual GOTJ 2017 Discussion Thread
May 30, 2017
10:46 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Chuckieboy said
Yea, scruff, but This one feels alot different to me already. Not just with the makij ninja shit. It's definitely declining  

How can it be declining if it hasnt happen yet?

And second that discussion is happening in a bunch of different threads.

Why dont u share ur feelings and fortune tellings there?

Im sick of all yall being hella ugly.

Get some positivity popin!!!

You fuckers dont think psy is doing enough for you???

Not cool enough? Feelin like poop?

Then u do something cool for juggalos!!!

U do something cool!

If not shut the fuck up at home while we have fun at the saddest most horrible place in the world..The fucking Gathering of The Juggaols at a water park....

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

May 31, 2017
12:39 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

relax, shaman.  i dont think thats quite what theyre sayin.  not in this thread, so far, anyway.  

Chuckieboy said   
Yea, scruff, but This one feels alot different to me already. Not just with the makij ninja shit. It's definitely declining    

if true, then to me, thats a selling point.  as noah mentioned, less people showing is a bomb bonus for the ones who do.  

many who have made it home have gathering dreams [and yes, there is a marked difference between the 'before and 'after' dreams].  i been havin em for seventeen years, and id say the majority feature drasticly reduced crowds, compared to reality.  as if the novelty somehow wore off, and only the gatherest of gatherers gather anymore.  

in other words, an under-attended gathering would literally be the gathering of my dreams.  that covers that part.  

the spectacle, the 'big names' and main stage lineup study...  i dont care about those very much.  havent for kind of a while.  gimme one or two shows that i can get live for, good enough.  hell, hoodoo n icp cover that, plus sewerside n preach are performing.  so, im straight, there.  

events-wise...  here im sensing somewhat of a decline.  i mean, i know im all about some reno rydaz fowlarama, at least.  

mainly, this sense comes from, well, not having any massacres or flh whatnots goin on.  lil tee talk, lil mortons talk.  zbout it.  

oh, and i aint got a ticket yet.  that doesnt help.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

bayAreaShaman, Chuckieboy

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 3, 2017
4:28 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859

Just put in my days off! 

Whoop Whoop Split :

bayAreaShaman, scruffy, Hypnotized Ninja
June 3, 2017
7:53 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

U know what i dont see alot this year?

Ppls questions about actually gathering. Like

"how much water do I bring?"

"Do i really need a tent?"

"Sunscreen is optional right?"

Just an observation.

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

June 3, 2017
10:28 pm
JuggaloJ
Members
Forum Posts: 498

Just officially made the decision I'm not gonna make it this year. First time I'll miss one since 2013. But Iv just stretched myself too far with funds towards other freshness. Kinda bummed and gonna miss it, but like I said my itinerary for travel has been/is fantastic at the moment. Since last gathering I have:

• been to Detroit for Fright Fest on Devils Night and Hallowicked
  • went to Florida in Feb for Juggalo Weekend then spent like 4-5 days in the Key West following that
  • returned to Detroit a few weeks ago for MNE 4/20 show and ICP double EP show; I also
  • plan to attend the Blaze 1 less G show in Cleavland Aug 5
  • i have my ticket already for the Carnival of Carnage show in Aug back yet again in the D
  • i will be attending the free concert by ICP in Washington DC in Sept (but I will NOT be marching, sorry/not sorry if that offends anyone)
  • i have a vacation already booked for spending this Christmas in Jamaica 
  • i am in the process of trying to plan an Alaskan cruise for next spring 

So sweating in that hot ass sun for 4 days and traveling halfway across the country isn't at the top of my list. But I'm gonna miss getting that summer gathering fever, and seeing ICP perform The Wraith, considering Iv been to the debut performance of every other Jokers Card to date. If I went to the gathering then the COC show I'd have seen the inaugural performances for all 6 Jokers Cards. Which would have been very cool to be able to say. However, Shangri La is not as loved of an album to me as the first 5 cards are anyway. Madchild is the only other artist announced I have any desire to see on the lineup as it is besides the clowns themselves, and he's supposed to be at the free concert in Sept anyway. But the waterpark shit looks dope beyond belief. I'm sure y'all mother fuckers will have a blast!!

June 4, 2017
1:08 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

JuggaloJ said    
Just officially made the decision I'm not gonna make it this year. First time I'll miss one since 2013.     

kind of a bummer.  

but whats even more a bummer, is that you coulda made three meetup massacres.  where the hell were you, asleep?  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Skratchie

June 4, 2017
9:12 am
JuggaloJ
Members
Forum Posts: 498

Funny you say that @scruffy  I actually met you last year when we were waiting for the gates to open. Didn't realize it was you at the time tho otherwise I would have made myself known. Saw a picture of you on here a little while ago and that's when I realized that it was you. You are right though, Iv had plenty of opportunitys both at the gathering and other events to meet people from here, but Iv never actually taken the opportunity. I remember I think two years ago I really did plan on meeting up with some of y'all even talked to you guys about it on here, then my phone got trashed at the parking lot party and that plan went to shit. I continued to look for y'all by that strawberry stand, no luck. But that said, I still think it can be weird to just walk up like hey I'm "so-n-so" from the internet what's up? Not that I don't talk to strangers at Juggalo events, I do it all the time and it's great to meet new crazy/fun people. Forgive me. One of these days we gotta make it happen.

Whoop Whoop JuggaloJ :

scruffy
June 4, 2017
10:45 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

JuggaloJ said    
Funny you say that scruffy  I actually met you last year when we were waiting for the gates to open. Didn't realize it was you at the time tho otherwise I would have made myself known. Saw a picture of you on here a little while ago and that's when I realized that it was you.    

i weaseled in with the ballas last year.  the only waiting for the gate i did was from the inside, taunting everybody about an hour before they got let in.  

or, if you mean just sometime hangin around the parking lot party, right on.  it was probably great talkin to ya.  

You are right though, Iv had plenty of opportunitys both at the gathering and other events to meet people from here, but Iv never actually taken the opportunity. I remember I think two years ago I really did plan on meeting up with some of y'all even talked to you guys about it on here, then my phone got trashed at the parking lot party and that plan went to shit. I continued to look for y'all by that strawberry stand, no luck. But that said, I still think it can be weird to just walk up like hey I'm "so-n-so" from the internet what's up? Not that I don't talk to strangers at Juggalo events, I do it all the time and it's great to meet new crazy/fun people.

shrug.  

everybody goes by their code names, aint weird.  you get used to it pretty quick.  or so they tell me, anyway;  i been scruffy since waaay before i been gathering.  

Forgive me. One of these days we gotta make it happen.  

eh, forgiven.  and yeah.  

June 5, 2017
9:50 am
Pciditziwt50
Members
Forum Posts: 7

Anyone going to this years Gathering that attended the 2001, 2002, 2003? Those were the last ones I went to and I will be heading out to this years and would be dope to meet up with some old school Juggalos.

June 5, 2017
10:34 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

So who's this Froggy dude??  I just read the thing on the main page and VJ going on and on about this guy....who???  I watched that dunked on video.....am I missing something here?  or am I just an old fuck and not cool anymore...someone fill me in here!?  lol

June 5, 2017
3:00 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Pciditziwt50 said    
Anyone going to this years Gathering that attended the 2001, 2002, 2003? Those were the last ones I went to and I will be heading out to this years and would be dope to meet up with some old school Juggalos.      

2002 was my second.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Pciditziwt50

June 5, 2017
7:40 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

Soooo we'll be there. Driving down, stopping and spending two days in Louisville on the way.

OKLAHOMA'S BEAM OF 17!

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

scruffy, Hypnotized Ninja, Shadi_Linkfound, bayAreaShaman, Noah Fence, Maryonette
June 6, 2017
3:16 am
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827

I'm geeked! Come on July let's go!

June 6, 2017
3:37 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

djscrubb said
So who's this Froggy dude??  I just read the thing on the main page and VJ going on and on about this guy....who???  I watched that dunked on video.....am I missing something here?  or am I just an old fuck and not cool anymore...someone fill me in here!?  lol  

Think Danny K(ae) if he sucked on purpose and was in on the joke. That's Froggy Fresh/Krispie Kreme. He use to rap as "Krispy Kreme" but had to change his name because you know...that's an actual place. What he's going for is much more transparent in this video than it is in some of his more recent stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk4Nu_5vSR0&ab_channel=EMISSIONHD

The entertainment comes from how bad/fake he is. Froggy Fresh, when pressed on the issue, admits he use to rap as Tyler Cassidy but claims that it was his stage name and that the music he wrote as Tyler Cassidy was terrible when compared to the masterpieces he's been writing (see an example of one of those "masterpieces" above lol). And for comparison here's a verse from his "terrible" Tyler Cassidy work. 

ab_channel=KrispyKremeOldSongs

The "Krispy Kreme" character he started ended up taking off and his actual attempts at rap never popped off. However he's becoming less and less blatant with the fake/simple/stupid Froggy Fresh music but still holding onto some of it (ie: Dunked On) and it's...weird. Personally I think the dude's bitter about only being known for his goofy stuff and is slowly trying to switch back over into his serious work. 

June 6, 2017
1:10 pm
Shadi_Linkfound
Shadi_Linkfound
Members
Forum Posts: 14

I've been wanting to go to the gathering each year since 2012, but due to me being a teenager and not having any adult willing to drive me all across the country to get there, I haven't been able to go. Looks like it's gonna be the same this year. Like that other guy said in this thread, with this majik ninja beef shit going down I really hope this isn't the last. I am a bit scared I'm missing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity just in case there are no more. 

Whoop Whoop Shadi_Linkfound :

Hypnotized Ninja
June 7, 2017
8:37 am
Hypnotized Ninja
Members

CellE2057 said

djscrubb said

Think Danny K(ae) if he sucked on purpose and was in on the joke. That's Froggy Fresh/Krispie Kreme. He use to rap as "Krispy Kreme" but had to change his name because you know...that's an actual place. What he's going for is much more transparent in this video than it is in some of his more recent stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk4Nu_5vSR0&ab_channel=EMISSIONHD

The entertainment comes from how bad/fake he is. Froggy Fresh, when pressed on the issue, admits he use to rap as Tyler Cassidy but claims that it was his stage name and that the music he wrote as Tyler Cassidy was terrible when compared to the masterpieces he's been writing (see an example of one of those "masterpieces" above lol). And for comparison here's a verse from his "terrible" Tyler Cassidy work. 

ab_channel=KrispyKremeOldSongs

The "Krispy Kreme" character he started ended up taking off and his actual attempts at rap never popped off. However he's becoming less and less blatant with the fake/simple/stupid Froggy Fresh music but still holding onto some of it (ie: Dunked On) and it's...weird. Personally I think the dude's bitter about only being known for his goofy stuff and is slowly trying to switch back over into his serious work.   

Yikes I don't wanna see poor kid get beamed with things so I'll skip his performance

June 7, 2017
3:24 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

Christmas in Jamacia sounds dope. 

June 7, 2017
5:24 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

bayAreaShaman said

How can it be declining if it hasnt happen yet?

And second that discussion is happening in a bunch of different threads.

Why dont u share ur feelings and fortune tellings there?

Im sick of all yall being hella ugly.

Get some positivity popin!!!

You fuckers dont think psy is doing enough for you???

Not cool enough? Feelin like poop?

Then u do something cool for juggalos!!!

U do something cool!

If not shut the fuck up at home while we have fun at the saddest most horrible place in the world..The fucking Gathering of The Juggaols at a water park....  

I was referring to recent shows and shit. Not sure how I'm being ugly lmao. And as for psy, yes they tryin, but if u don't think shits different than it used to be go ahead and turn the blind eye. And wow some of y'all some piss babies. How can it be declining if it hasn't happened? By this time last year I was watching the infomercial giggling like a girl, and this year, well u know

June 7, 2017
5:34 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

Hypnotized Ninja said

Yikes I don't wanna see poor kid get beamed with things so I'll skip his performance  

No doubt, me and my boys been talkin about this lol. U know someone gonna be a dick and smash him with something, just not sure if he realizes wat he's in for

June 9, 2017
1:17 pm
Hypnotized Ninja
Members

Just got my ticket in the mail Beamin seventeenin! 

ICP (regular and Wraith sets)

2 Dope solo

ABK

Hoodoo

Clay

Lyte

RA The Rugged

Madchild

V Ice

Waka Flocka

Jelly Roll

that's already almost a dozen performances for me to enjoy IMO I know some of y'all call it trash and I get it with no MNE its a good chance attendance will literally be halved but that's not a negative sanity wise I see people lose it on the last couple days at GOTJ....plus meeting some of y'all I'm gonna try to pop up at one of these FLH things instead of just dappin Scottie and that's it.

Whoop Whoop Hypnotized Ninja :

scruffy
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
65 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

JamesIndit, MichealBliTe, CarlosHag, Vincentref, NathanCoots

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845