May 14, 2024
29 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
I'm going to start saving $$$ now...
January 19, 2016
6:53 pm
Zero
Zero
Members
Forum Posts: 309
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hope that my dad, my wife, and I can get to the gathering this year. I get the feeling this year's GOTJ is going to be tiiiiiiiits. :D

January 19, 2016
11:39 pm
DrFreshness
DrFreshness
Members
Forum Posts: 596

86 said

scruffy said

bayAreaShaman said

V_Ron said
But its worthless minus an RV? I do like this day early stuff. Especially after reading all the horror stories from last year's gathering.

Is it fucked up in retrospect i enjoyed the fuck out of that fucken holocaust line? It was the first time i was around more than two juggalos. Everyone i met around me was from the fucken bay it was hella weird. It was fucken fate....

From the start it was fate. Again IMO......

scruffy and ocj met up hours before. Me and my girl brit were just standing there in fucken awe when this dude hands me a faygoluvers flyer and said "here know about it" or somthing along those bad ass lines. I said 'yeah i know this im part of it....kinda...im on the forum" keep in mind these ninjas was already walking away. The fucken do a 180 and get hella close to me and ask me who i am. I told them i was the bay area fucken shaman. If u guys didnt know i always imagined a "the" before my name. But i dont give a fuck. I introduce myself as miguel but shaman stuck. 

Anyways it turned out to be scruffy and ocj! Then scruffy said that was the first flyer he handed out!

remembering this makes me smile. 

@86, since you decided that youre GOING, id recommend about five hundred as a minimum, floor figure for the whole thing.  i dunno how much i spent last year in total, but it was probably less than that. 

if you prep well enough, all you need is travel and ticket money, and when you get there, you spend nothing.  but you dont wanna cut it that close;  its much wiser to have contingency money, at the very least...  plus dough for whatever else you wanna spend dough on.  

at any rate, if you can get to the gathering, know you can get home, have a buck eighty for a ticket, and still have a hundred in your pocket, youll be fine. 

@scruffy  I think as far as money goes, I just need cash for a cab to take me from Columbus to Thornville. Not sure how much that will run, but I hear Thornville is hella close to Columbus, like 20 minutes away close. I was supposed to hitch a ride with @mr. tidwell  last year maybe if he's going again this year, we can work something out again. Good thing I'm doing this now. Planning way in advance. And maybe when I get to The Gathering finally, I'll see it isn't as hard to get to one every year afterall.

Keep in touch and when it gets closer to the date and I can definitely help try to find you a ride.

ma I ohw tnia I nmaddog
map deman sehctib taf gib nikcuf syawla m'I
January 20, 2016
5:36 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3595

the_positive_smack said

where the fucks my last post in here??

the one where I called cheshyr a pussycat????

Ya man I saw that disappear last night.

Whatever mod deleted that post should go look at Cheshyr's posts from the last year, half the time that kid just logs on to shit talk Smack and myself.

Cheshyr deserves whatever shit gets thrown at him up in here.

cig

January 26, 2016
8:45 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Cheshyr said

I always joke with people that going to the Gathering is kinda like a video/RPG game unto itself. At Level 1, you may just start out with a tent and a sleeping bag with enough coins in your pouch to get food and drink... the next time, you got an air mattress and your own shower. Higher levels can yield RVs and custom campsite lighting options. If you got a good Constitution, you may not feel the need to get your own bathroom solution and use the Port-o-crappers. If you have a high enough Dexterity and Intelligence, you can live up in the trees in a hammock... IOW, cost is a sliding scale based on what you WANT and what you GOT. [ J as it were ]

^Nicely put^

I've been saving and doing the math as I did last year and had to be reminded that a lot of shit is left over from last year. Now, I can invest the same amount into a little more luxury. Hadn't put the RPG spin on it but I'm absolutely quoting you on that shit. 

@ocj_brendan , Hopefully that line deal works out for us again this year. After hearing the horror stories from people about how shitty their wait was last year, I'm probably showing up even earlier than before to make sure my people don't get fucked (as hard). 

January 26, 2016
8:52 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

CellE2057 said

Cheshyr said
I always joke with people that going to the Gathering is kinda like a video/RPG game unto itself. At Level 1, you may just start out with a tent and a sleeping bag with enough coins in your pouch to get food and drink... the next time, you got an air mattress and your own shower. Higher levels can yield RVs and custom campsite lighting options. If you got a good Constitution, you may not feel the need to get your own bathroom solution and use the Port-o-crappers. If you have a high enough Dexterity and Intelligence, you can live up in the trees in a hammock... IOW, cost is a sliding scale based on what you WANT and what you GOT. [ J as it were ]

^Nicely put^

I've been saving and doing the math as I did last year and had to be reminded that a lot of shit is left over from last year. Now, I can invest the same amount into a little more luxury. Hadn't put the RPG spin on it but I'm absolutely quoting you on that shit. 

@ocj_brendan , Hopefully that line deal works out for us again this year. After hearing the horror stories from people about how shitty their wait was last year, I'm probably showing up even earlier than before to make sure my people don't get fucked (as hard). 

Yeah Im doing the same thing if I can...best believe whomever gets there first will look out for the other were def camping together again regardless though so its whoever gets to the spot first imo...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

January 26, 2016
8:53 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Tell Mary Gloria and I say Hi btw.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

January 26, 2016
9:08 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

The message will be delivered as soon as she makes it home. We tryin the same spot as last year? 

May 22, 2016
3:36 pm
loaf
Members
Forum Posts: 6

86 said
Fuck it. Maybe I'm putting way too much pressure on myself to do this. Like I'm not a true Juggalo if I dont go. Pfffft. "If you dont gather you dont matter". Whatever. As if mattering to anyone else has ever, well, mattered to me. 

I dont want to go all luckynumberxiii on everyone and start whining on the forums. No, maybe I just simply don't need to go. I'm cool hitting up the artists when they tour to my state. Not much of a party guy for the most part. I dont even really like other people, much less being around thousands at one time. When I do smoke up or whatever, I usually go it alone, like I do everything else. I'm okay and comfortable being a lone wolf. Most of you probably wouldn't wanna know me in real life. I can be a bit of a buzzkill. Least I can admit it. loco  

Hey man don't beat yourself up over it. If you got the loot to go you do, if you don't you don't. Only you know if you can swing it or not. It's taken me at least 8 years to get to where i'm "financially able" to go. Like I got lucky and got alot of gear for cheap when a Kmart closed down. You a juggalo if you know deep inside you a fuckin' juggalo. Plain and simple.

May 22, 2016
3:39 pm
loaf
Members
Forum Posts: 6

Cheshyr said
AFTER buying the ticket, I'd agree that somewhere between $500+ is a pretty good number (maybe per person). However...

That's IF you have already allotted for travel (to AND from) and have figured out your sleeping arrangements.

Over the years I've slowly amassed my Gathering Gear along with any other weird toys, noise makers or explodey things I've managed to stumble upon or acquire over the year. So for many, it's just a matter of going and then knowing.

I would say that your first Gathering is gonna require an initial investment that diminishes over time as you go. If you already got the shit, you're ahead of the game. But if you need to wrangle up all the kind of stuff you would need for one method or another (at least if you are concerned with any of the common amenities) it can and will add up; although if you are a thrifty shopper throughout the year you can piecemeal all the shit a little at a time. Of course, if yer rollin' through with a hotel room and driving back and forth, you may not need to worry about getting up some of the same shit you might if you were camping AT the Gathering, etc.

Honestly, you can have an amazing time with just an extra couple hundred bucks over the ticket price but that's the time yer gonna have. For better or worse. Just don't do the tunnel vision thing and not plan for how you're getting back. As much cred as you may get, I'm sure it ain't fun trying to figure out how yer getting home.  

Plus, you can always use your gathering gear for camping gear, steal cooking shit from your own goddamn kitchen. Always make sure you have a way home tho.. Unless you plan on living in a tent, and if thats what your about, i'm with it, but don't come askin me for bones to get home, i'm blowin all my paper on a jersey.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
24 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845