May 14, 2024
37 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
I'm going to start saving $$$ now...
January 12, 2016
4:27 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 1579
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

For Gathering 17, which will also be my first Gathering. It's just getting ridiculous now, that year after year I miss it for dumb reasons, (usually financial ones).  Am I afraid to travel so far away from home? A little, yeah. Am I afraid that I'll get too fucked up the last night of The Gathering and miss my ride back home? Yeah, there's that also. Did I wuss out last year? Not entirely. My ride to the next town's bus station flaked out on me leaving me essentially no way to get on my bus to the gathering. I could have tried harder to find another ride, but just didn't. (I live in a much smaller town now, where there is no greyhound/trailways station.) 

It has to be this year. It's time for me to graduate, so to speak. And I'm sure once I get to one Gathering, I'll never want to miss one ever again. For those of ya'll who have been, how much cash do you reccommend one to have at a Gathering?

"I Just Wanna Hide Inside My Own Private Hell"- Boondox

January 12, 2016
4:36 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

86 said
For Gathering 17, which will also be my first Gathering. It's just getting ridiculous now, that year after year I miss it for dumb reasons, (usually financial ones).  Am I afraid to travel so far away from home? A little, yeah. Am I afraid that I'll get too fucked up the last night of The Gathering and miss my ride back home? Yeah, there's that also. Did I wuss out last year? Not entirely. My ride to the next town's bus station flaked out on me leaving me essentially no way to get on my bus to the gathering. I could have tried harder to find another ride, but just didn't. (I live in a much smaller town now, where there is no greyhound/trailways station.) 

It has to be this year. It's time for me to graduate, so to speak. And I'm sure once I get to one Gathering, I'll never want to miss one ever again. For those of ya'll who have been, how much cash do you reccommend one to have at a Gathering?

I would hust worry on having money to get back. And having a way back. That should be you main concern. U can survive there with the bare essentials.

If u need spam or flip flops let me know.

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

January 12, 2016
5:37 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3521

Very subjective question. All depends on your expectations (and income to a degree). I've seen ninjas get there and back with little to no doe, but those are crafty juggalos who do what they gotta do.

GOTJ usually runs me around $1500-$1800. That's 2 tics, rental suv, gas, food, beer, and all other essentials for me to be 100% comfortable at my campsite. I'm not one who likes to "rough" it by any means though. 

Gotta factor in merch, hookers, bribe money for the police, etc, etc also.

January 12, 2016
6:11 pm
dood
Members
Forum Posts: 335

its gonna be my first Gathering as well. not my first festival tho. gotta bout 600 saved now. comin' all tha way from NC.

January 12, 2016
7:48 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

I'm going this year, 4 sure!... or next year, 4 sure, 4 sure!

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

January 12, 2016
8:08 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 1579

Fuck it. Maybe I'm putting way too much pressure on myself to do this. Like I'm not a true Juggalo if I dont go. Pfffft. "If you dont gather you dont matter". Whatever. As if mattering to anyone else has ever, well, mattered to me. 

I dont want to go all luckynumberxiii on everyone and start whining on the forums. No, maybe I just simply don't need to go. I'm cool hitting up the artists when they tour to my state. Not much of a party guy for the most part. I dont even really like other people, much less being around thousands at one time. When I do smoke up or whatever, I usually go it alone, like I do everything else. I'm okay and comfortable being a lone wolf. Most of you probably wouldn't wanna know me in real life. I can be a bit of a buzzkill. Least I can admit it. loco

"I Just Wanna Hide Inside My Own Private Hell"- Boondox

January 12, 2016
9:34 pm
Tcraze340
Members
Forum Posts: 62

It's also going to be my first year going I plan on going there with about 1500

January 12, 2016
9:41 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

I'm going this year, 4 sure! again and again! No Doubt!...or next year! definitely, 4 sure again!

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

January 12, 2016
10:00 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

Most people I've spoken with throw out the $1500 - $2000 range. I'll probably be driving from Connecticut with a friend. I look forward to the inevitable, various Sheetz runs through Pennsylvania.

January 13, 2016
2:21 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

86 said
Fuck it. Maybe I'm putting way too much pressure on myself to do this. Like I'm not a true Juggalo if I dont go. Pfffft. "If you dont gather you dont matter". Whatever. As if mattering to anyone else has ever, well, mattered to me. 

I dont want to go all luckynumberxiii on everyone and start whining on the forums. No, maybe I just simply don't need to go. I'm cool hitting up the artists when they tour to my state. Not much of a party guy for the most part. I dont even really like other people, much less being around thousands at one time. When I do smoke up or whatever, I usually go it alone, like I do everything else. I'm okay and comfortable being a lone wolf. Most of you probably wouldn't wanna know me in real life. I can be a bit of a buzzkill. Least I can admit it. loco

You should still go. There's plenty of times when you can kick it by yourself and let go of the pressures of group dynamics and if you don't know anybody you can bounce from group to group. It's a fantastic time and unlike attending a regular show.

I can't put into words how incredible it was this past gathering and people generally said it was only Pretty Good compared to historical ones. 

It's a lot of fun.

Priority numero uno is how you get home like Shaman said. That's the most important because it's the only thing no one can help you with. Food, drugs, whatever else, you can probably find for free if you have to. If you're within driving distance and don't have a tent, you can sleep in your car in the parking lot. I would recommend raiding your grocery store for cheap easily consumable food like energy bars, pop tarts, etc, and twice as much water as you think you'd drink in 4 days and then you're set. You don't really need any money beyond that if you can't save up enough.

But if you wanna buy merch and cds and drugs, just figure out what is most important and figure that into your budget. 

I bought the bedlam 9 cd, the missing link found, a dark lotus shirt, and food, and a few other things. I spent I think a total of $300 from when I got there until I got on the bus to get home. But because i was taking the bus I didn't have the choice in bringing a lot of food (I was on the bus 3 1/2 days and ate most of my food en route). And then I spent about 100 on food on my bus ride home.

I think in all I spent about 1000, but that's including a really expensive bus ticket and all the fees added on to that, and an uber to get from the bus station to the gathering.

January 13, 2016
2:40 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

I spend about 2500 including ticket each year but Gloria and I like to be comfortable so we invest in having enough supplies and spending money.  I also imbibe numerous substances and don't travel with anything but trees so a lot of that has to be bought there. as anyone who has been there with me can attest to...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

January 16, 2016
5:59 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members

I'm picking up a ticket tomorrow. What are the pros and cons for this Big Ballas site business? 

January 16, 2016
7:29 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

I don't think there are cons except the price.

Pros: you get to go in the night before to set up your rv. This means you'll have the day of to check shit out and not be stuck in line until after half the main stage has already performed.

January 16, 2016
8:14 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members

But its worthless minus an RV? I do like this day early stuff. Especially after reading all the horror stories from last year's gathering.

January 16, 2016
8:50 pm
NeilAnblomee
NeilAnblomee
Members
Forum Posts: 64

We'll be there with seventeen 30pks completely obliterated.

-Blomee

January 16, 2016
9:42 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

V_Ron said
But its worthless minus an RV? I do like this day early stuff. Especially after reading all the horror stories from last year's gathering.

Sorry, i was mistaken. From two years ago

$160 in advance / $170 at the front gate – RV/Trailer Pass

This pass does not include a ticket to the Gathering. – The RV / Trailer Pass is necessary if you want to tow anything into a camping area, or if the vehicle you are bringing into a camping area is bigger than a full-size van (no 18 wheelers). It applies to all RVs and campers. This pass covers whatever is being towed plus the towing vehicle (the towing vehicle needs no additional pass). This is the only way to bring your big ass vehicle and/or trailer to your campsite where it must stay until the Gathering ends. For more info on RV / Trailer Passes refer to General Info. $160 in advance / $170 at the front gate.

$400 – Big Balla Campsite [20 & 30 Amp]

This pass does not include a ticket to the Gathering. – With the purchase of a Big Balla Campsite (20 & 30 amp), you are endowed with a super pimp 25’ x 50’ site (approx.) with some useful features. These sites are chillin’ near the Big Top Stage and have individual electricity outlets featuring one 20 and one 30 amp outlet for an RV hookup. These sites however do not have running water. You may park one vehicle of RV size (no 18 wheelers) or smaller at your site where it must stay until the Gathering ends. For more info on Big Balla Campsites refer to General info.

$400 – Big Balla Campsite [50 Amp]

This pass does not include a ticket to the Gathering. – With the purchase of a Big Balla Campsite (50 amp), you are endowed with a super pimp 25’ x 50’ site (approx.) with some useful features. These sites are chillin’ near the Big Top Stage and have individual electricity outlets featuring one 50 amp outlet for an RV hookup. These sites however do not have running water. You may park one vehicle of RV size (no 18 wheelers) or smaller at your site where it must stay until the Gathering ends. For more info on Big Balla Campsites refer to General info.

January 16, 2016
10:57 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

V_Ron said

Is it fucked up in retrospect i enjoyed the fuck out of that fucken holocaust line? It was the first time i was around more than two juggalos. Everyone i met around me was from the fucken bay it was hella weird. It was fucken fate....

From the start it was fate. Again IMO......

scruffy and ocj met up hours before. Me and my girl brit were just standing there in fucken awe when this dude hands me a faygoluvers flyer and said "here know about it" or somthing along those bad ass lines. I said 'yeah i know this im part of it....kinda...im on the forum" keep in mind these ninjas was already walking away. The fucken do a 180 and get hella close to me and ask me who i am. I told them i was the bay area fucken shaman. If u guys didnt know i always imagined a "the" before my name. But i dont give a fuck. I introduce myself as miguel but shaman stuck. 

Anyways it turned out to be scruffy and ocj! Then scruffy said that was the first flyer he handed out!

January 16, 2016
11:44 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9045

I don't ever remember spending anything close to a grand.  Then again I'm a low maintenance dude. Even with my wife there with me. I think it would be cool to hijack someone's RV like Seth and Richie Gecko and tell them to take us to the GOTJ. Then we get there and the fuckin Juggalos turn into vampires and we have to create makeshift weapons out of trees, tent poles, blessed holy Faygo, silver Hatchet Man charms, and dab torches to fend them off. 

January 17, 2016
12:16 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Old Mr Dangerous said
I don't ever remember spending anything close to a grand.  Then again I'm a low maintenance dude. Even with my wife there with me. I think it would be cool to hijack someone's RV like Seth and Richie Gecko and tell them to take us to the GOTJ. Then we get there and the fuckin Juggalos turn into vampires and we have to create makeshift weapons out of trees, tent poles, blessed holy Faygo, silver Hatchet Man charms, and dab torches to fend them off. 

My friends and me were talking about a zombie version of this the other day...

January 17, 2016
3:21 am
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members

@robtidwell Thanks for the clarification. I don't know about spending all that money and not having running water.

@bayareashaman Not at all! If you had a great time, thats all that matters. I only remember reading negative experiences on the whole ticket debacle. lol

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
34 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Peepeesucker, Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845