May 14, 2024
31 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
I'm going to start saving $$$ now...
January 17, 2016
5:19 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Bringing in an rv might be nice though and power outlets?!

January 17, 2016
8:12 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Wow the site is flooded. Hard to get on. I went directly to the ticket site to bypass everything. http://tickets.juggalogathering.com/

Got my tickets and passes. Already booked rental car and hotels for drive up there last month.

Everything is done! YAY!

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
January 17, 2016
9:26 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

I'm going next year 4 sure! GOTJ 18 will be epic! always next year!

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

January 17, 2016
10:10 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

bayAreaShaman said

V_Ron said
But its worthless minus an RV? I do like this day early stuff. Especially after reading all the horror stories from last year's gathering.

Is it fucked up in retrospect i enjoyed the fuck out of that fucken holocaust line? It was the first time i was around more than two juggalos. Everyone i met around me was from the fucken bay it was hella weird. It was fucken fate....

From the start it was fate. Again IMO......

scruffy and ocj met up hours before. Me and my girl brit were just standing there in fucken awe when this dude hands me a faygoluvers flyer and said "here know about it" or somthing along those bad ass lines. I said 'yeah i know this im part of it....kinda...im on the forum" keep in mind these ninjas was already walking away. The fucken do a 180 and get hella close to me and ask me who i am. I told them i was the bay area fucken shaman. If u guys didnt know i always imagined a "the" before my name. But i dont give a fuck. I introduce myself as miguel but shaman stuck. 

Anyways it turned out to be scruffy and ocj! Then scruffy said that was the first flyer he handed out!

You didn't wait through anywhere near the worst part of the line though homie...I guess you were in the kristallnacht line lol...

It was dark for a large chunk of when you had to stand around and while it sucked the line got a lot longer and slower as time went on.  Also for a big chunk you had support from other ninjas (although to be honest Scruff and I weren't saviors or anything but mores were passing time for ourselves).  If you were in the kristallnacht line Scruffy, Celle2057, and I were in the "hey shits not looking good for Jewish Germans line" which was such a stroke of luck i was flabbergasted.  

Thank you so much again to @celle2057 and his girl for letting us Chinese cut them in the not that bad line.  Actually now that I think about it the bigger thanks goes to the people behind him and Scruff who let us get in front of them...they rock too.

TL:DR Shaman had to wait almost 8 hours in line and that was shitty but not that bad...The people the next day and on had that or longer and it was mad hot and there was no shade...fuck that line.

Big ballas night before clause makes it hella worth it imo...if anyone ends up doing it and wants to recoup some cash ill gladly buy one of their passes (they get extras for other ppl) to get my spot staked out the night before...PM me...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

January 17, 2016
10:33 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Oh yeah dude. How can i forget that shit.....

I was lucky enough to pull an all nighter. Yeah walking by that fucken line latter kinda just left me speechless...it was like a cesspool.

A guy got mad a think cuz i cut but took his anger out on this guy with locks calling him the weekend. He brushed it off for like an hour. The  weekend ended up winning the bare knuckle fight. Good stuff.

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

January 18, 2016
1:30 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

bayAreaShaman said

V_Ron said
But its worthless minus an RV? I do like this day early stuff. Especially after reading all the horror stories from last year's gathering.

Is it fucked up in retrospect i enjoyed the fuck out of that fucken holocaust line? It was the first time i was around more than two juggalos. Everyone i met around me was from the fucken bay it was hella weird. It was fucken fate....

scruffy and ocj met up hours before. Me and my girl brit were just standing there in fucken awe when this dude hands me a faygoluvers flyer and said "here know about it" or somthing along those bad ass lines. I said 'yeah i know this im part of it....kinda...im on the forum" keep in mind these ninjas was already walking away. The fucken do a 180 and get hella close to me and ask me who i am. I told them i was the bay area fucken shaman. If u guys didnt know i always imagined a "the" before my name. But i dont give a fuck. I introduce myself as miguel but shaman stuck. 

Anyways it turned out to be scruffy and ocj! Then scruffy said that was the first flyer he handed out!

remembering this makes me smile. 

@86, since you decided that youre GOING, id recommend about five hundred as a minimum, floor figure for the whole thing.  i dunno how much i spent last year in total, but it was probably less than that. 

if you prep well enough, all you need is travel and ticket money, and when you get there, you spend nothing.  but you dont wanna cut it that close;  its much wiser to have contingency money, at the very least...  plus dough for whatever else you wanna spend dough on.  

at any rate, if you can get to the gathering, know you can get home, have a buck eighty for a ticket, and still have a hundred in your pocket, youll be fine. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

January 18, 2016
2:30 am
Members
Forum Posts: 1579

scruffy said

bayAreaShaman said

V_Ron said

remembering this makes me smile. 

@86, since you decided that youre GOING, id recommend about five hundred as a minimum, floor figure for the whole thing.  i dunno how much i spent last year in total, but it was probably less than that. 

if you prep well enough, all you need is travel and ticket money, and when you get there, you spend nothing.  but you dont wanna cut it that close;  its much wiser to have contingency money, at the very least...  plus dough for whatever else you wanna spend dough on.  

at any rate, if you can get to the gathering, know you can get home, have a buck eighty for a ticket, and still have a hundred in your pocket, youll be fine. 

@scruffy  I think as far as money goes, I just need cash for a cab to take me from Columbus to Thornville. Not sure how much that will run, but I hear Thornville is hella close to Columbus, like 20 minutes away close. I was supposed to hitch a ride with @mr. tidwell  last year maybe if he's going again this year, we can work something out again. Good thing I'm doing this now. Planning way in advance. And maybe when I get to The Gathering finally, I'll see it isn't as hard to get to one every year afterall.

"I Just Wanna Hide Inside My Own Private Hell"- Boondox

January 18, 2016
2:42 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

If you got a smart phone, i'd recommend hitting up the uber app if you've never used it before. You can get "first ride free" codes for up to $30. My ride was 45, minus the 30. I paid $15. You can make friends at the gathering and ask to get dropped off at your stop where ever and people will likely do it for a little cash or some for free if they're nice enough.

If I make it, it'll be because Shaman is trying to work out a way for him to give me a ride. If he can't, then maybe I can sweet talk violent dope and his girl at the violent j show lol. I can't swing the bus ticket again this year. 

January 18, 2016
11:26 am
Members
Forum Posts: 1579

Mr. Tidwell said
If you got a smart phone, i'd recommend hitting up the uber app if you've never used it before. You can get "first ride free" codes for up to $30. My ride was 45, minus the 30. I paid $15. You can make friends at the gathering and ask to get dropped off at your stop where ever and people will likely do it for a little cash or some for free if they're nice enough.

If I make it, it'll be because Shaman is trying to work out a way for him to give me a ride. If he can't, then maybe I can sweet talk violent dope and his girl at the violent j show lol. I can't swing the bus ticket again this year. 

You didn't end up renting the car you were talking about?

"I Just Wanna Hide Inside My Own Private Hell"- Boondox

January 18, 2016
1:09 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619

Mr. Tidwell said

not gonna be able to make it this year....too much debt and need to save money for a house.

January 18, 2016
5:17 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

$1200!? Where they fuck were they going? lol When there's a price increase, the Uber app makes you type in the numerical amount of the increase you'll have to pay.

Uber has been my saving grace in LA. Fuck a valet or $25 parking space.

January 18, 2016
5:35 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members

Damn! Dude in the comments said it was a x 6.5 increase at one point. I would cut a bitch. Or maybe sleep at my friends' place instead. That seriously blows though.

Uber is always a gamble. I use it to get to and from concert venues and parties, usually $5/$8 for one way. I went home for the holidays but there would've been no chance in hell I'd use that shit for NYE.

January 18, 2016
7:24 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

86 said

Mr. Tidwell said

You didn't end up renting the car you were talking about?

nah it was gonna cost too much.

January 18, 2016
7:25 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

Violentdope said

Mr. Tidwell said

not gonna be able to make it this year....too much debt and need to save money for a house.

priorities man, priorities. lol.

January 18, 2016
7:29 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

V_Ron said
Damn! Dude in the comments said it was a x 6.5 increase at one point. I would cut a bitch. Or maybe sleep at my friends' place instead. That seriously blows though.

Uber is always a gamble. I use it to get to and from concert venues and parties, usually $5/$8 for one way. I went home for the holidays but there would've been no chance in hell I'd use that shit for NYE.

you gotta watch out for busy times. When I did it, it popped up saying something like there would be a price increase but that the increase would end in 5 minutes so I canceled out and went back in 5 minutes later. lol. 

January 18, 2016
7:35 pm
Rosco
Rosco
Members
Forum Posts: 569

Dope artwork @robtidwell 

January 18, 2016
7:37 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

Rosco said
Dope artwork @robtidwell 

gracias.

January 18, 2016
7:43 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members

Mr. Tidwell said

V_Ron said

you gotta watch out for busy times. When I did it, it popped up saying something like there would be a price increase but that the increase would end in 5 minutes so I canceled out and went back in 5 minutes later. lol. 

The highest I've ever seen in LA is 2.6 and that was during rush hour times. We do not use the Uber between 4 & 6.

January 18, 2016
7:53 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

yeah i think when there was a surge in columbus it was only 1.5.

January 19, 2016
6:50 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

AFTER buying the ticket, I'd agree that somewhere between $500+ is a pretty good number (maybe per person). However...

That's IF you have already allotted for travel (to AND from) and have figured out your sleeping arrangements.

Over the years I've slowly amassed my Gathering Gear along with any other weird toys, noise makers or explodey things I've managed to stumble upon or acquire over the year. So for many, it's just a matter of going and then knowing.

I always joke with people that going to the Gathering is kinda like a video/RPG game unto itself. At Level 1, you may just start out with a tent and a sleeping bag with enough coins in your pouch to get food and drink... the next time, you got an air mattress and your own shower. Higher levels can yield RVs and custom campsite lighting options. If you got a good Constitution, you may not feel the need to get your own bathroom solution and use the Port-o-crappers. If you have a high enough Dexterity and Intelligence, you can live up in the trees in a hammock... IOW, cost is a sliding scale based on what you WANT and what you GOT. [ J as it were ]

I would say that your first Gathering is gonna require an initial investment that diminishes over time as you go. If you already got the shit, you're ahead of the game. But if you need to wrangle up all the kind of stuff you would need for one method or another (at least if you are concerned with any of the common amenities) it can and will add up; although if you are a thrifty shopper throughout the year you can piecemeal all the shit a little at a time. Of course, if yer rollin' through with a hotel room and driving back and forth, you may not need to worry about getting up some of the same shit you might if you were camping AT the Gathering, etc.

Honestly, you can have an amazing time with just an extra couple hundred bucks over the ticket price but that's the time yer gonna have. For better or worse. Just don't do the tunnel vision thing and not plan for how you're getting back. As much cred as you may get, I'm sure it ain't fun trying to figure out how yer getting home.

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

loaf

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
46 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

balem38481, degon18638, Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845