April 30, 2024
46 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
ICP Fan since 98' but never attended. Going solo?
March 20, 2013
4:12 pm
Juggalo Vinny
New jug
Guests

I have been an ICP fan for many many years now but honestly never went to the gathering and never met a lot of people with similar interests on Long Island, New York. I am considering going to the gathering this year but my girl absolutely will not go with me so I am thinking of flying solo. Do any other people do this or will I really need to roll with someone to get the whole experience?

Ps- I'm not a juggalo yet but have juggalo mentality.

Vinny

March 20, 2013
4:16 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11703
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

youve been a fan since 98 but arent a juggalo.. yet?? please elaborate...

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

March 20, 2013
4:21 pm
Juggalo Vinny
New jug
Guests

I figured I would just be honest right off the bat. I'm a fan of ICP and consider myself a juggalo at heart. The whole not giving a shit what people think about me, loving that there are others out there (los, ninjas, lettes)that embrace everyone as fam just for being down with the clown. But I didn't want to come across as fake because I have never attended a gathering. I was under the assumption you really can't call yourself a juggalo if you just like ICP and never attended the gathering .

March 20, 2013
4:27 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

eh everyone has their own definition.. ive never been to a gathering & AM a juggalo.. i personally dont feel thats part of the criteria.. juggalos were around yeeears before there even were gatherings...

March 20, 2013
4:29 pm
Juggalo Vinny
New jug
Guests

Thanks dude. I just didn't want to step any toes that's why I didn't say I was a juggalo. Of course I am a juggalo at heart. Do you think it's a big deal flying solo to the gathering?

March 20, 2013
4:39 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

i dont.. i think itd be funner with friends but im sure itd be easy to make friends..

March 20, 2013
7:31 pm
S.W.I.T.C.H.
S.W.I.T.C.H.
Members
Forum Posts: 86

It's not uncommon to go by yourself.  

March 20, 2013
7:45 pm
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members
Forum Posts: 196

This year will be my first gathering and I AM a juggalo(lette) whatever context floats your boat.

I would think you'd be cool to go alone.

Start connecting with fam now, so y'all can possibly meet up once you get there.  Plus, you'll most likely click with other fam there and you may end up hangin out at their site or whatever. MCL & welcome to the forum fam!

March 20, 2013
9:05 pm
Juggalo Vinny
New jug
Guests

Thanks for the quick replies people's

MMFCL in here....

March 20, 2013
9:07 pm
Juggalo Vinny
New jug
Guests

Another Quickie. Are the cops ball busters outside of the gates? Like when you are waiting to park your car for camp

March 20, 2013
10:21 pm
LBC Juggalo
Guests

same shit for me, been a fan since 1999 but bein from Long Beach it makes going to the gathering seem impossible.

the day ill have 250 plus money to eat and drink for 3 days they probably wont have gatherings anymore.

lol they should do a touring carnival themed shit. like mini gathering. outdoor concerts with tents and rides.

i hated seein Lotus in a small ass club on sunset and they only did shit from Opaque. i was fuckin let down.finally got 2 see them live and didnt know that album at all cuz it fuckin sucked balls

March 20, 2013
10:28 pm
sabre007
sabre007
Members
Forum Posts: 22

You'll be fine going solo. Plenty of fam there to take you in. I went with two other buddies and we did our own thing alot of the time.

Yeah the cops can bust balls. When I rolled in the cop said "you guys going to see ICP?". I was like "no, I thought this was the Kenny Chesney concert". He laughed and waved us in. Didn't search us, nor did it look like others were getting searched. The only vehicle search we encountered was from the gathering security who basically made sure we didn't have any glass bottles or weapons.

March 20, 2013
10:29 pm
richie
Guests

i was in the same boat been down since 97 and took me till 2011 to get my shit together to go to the gathering everyone i know dosent have the balls to go or money or whatever that year and last year i went alone no problem im from massachusetts and flying into paducah KY which is a hour and half way from cave in rock if u wana roll with me hit me up [email protected]

March 21, 2013
12:46 am
Guest Name
Guests

Been to 11 GOTJS. I went to '06 solo because of several bullshit reasons. But I didn't let that stop me, and I meet so many long-term friends now. whether you make plans with ppl before hand or not, as long as you don't get too shy, stay friendly and get ready to clown, then you'll have an awesome time. If you can't get with the vibe of the people around you.....walk 5 feet in the next direction and see what's up there. You won't have to do this for very long til you meet ninjas who you can kick it with for a minute. That's the beauty, there's sooo many fresh ppl that if a ninja or two send bullshit vibes, don't matter, move on and we all have fun. 

March 21, 2013
1:05 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

mystery guest speaks the truth.

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 21, 2013
6:12 am
j-sikk
J Sikk
Guests

Just about the same here. Down since '97,first gathering in '08. I always had mad homies that went every year. Shit just never got right for me to go until then. I will say it sucks ass being at the gathering broke. You gotta have a hustle whether its selling drugs,bags of ice or Mcd's cheeseburgers. One thing I always take care of before hand is food. I bring my own. Even if its a bunch of cans of Chef Boyardee. I refuse to live off of $10 burgers and hot dogs for 5 days

March 21, 2013
6:23 am
Juggalo Vinny
new jug
Guests

just about to leave for work but wanted to say good lookin out on all these replies since yesterday. i really appreciate it

haha sabre - a kenny chesney concert? i wouldve been ROTFL if I was your passenger. its like this mother fucker is either gonna rip our car apart or laugh the fuck outta this joke . LOL

March 21, 2013
10:54 am
Juggalo Vinny
New jug
Guests

Another question. Does anyone actually get to sleep? Lol

March 21, 2013
10:59 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

New jug said:

Another question. Does anyone actually get to sleep? Lol

odds are fairly good that when you finally get the chance to sleep, some asswipe will deliberately fuck it up for you. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 21, 2013
11:19 am
NobodyFresh
NobodyFresh
Members
Forum Posts: 86

New jug said:

I figured I would just be honest right off the bat. I'm a fan of ICP and consider myself a juggalo at heart. The whole not giving a shit what people think about me, loving that there are others out there (los, ninjas, lettes)that embrace everyone as fam just for being down with the clown. But I didn't want to come across as fake because I have never attended a gathering. I was under the assumption you really can't call yourself a juggalo if you just like ICP and never attended the gathering .

bullshit. I'm a Juggalo since 1998. I live in Poland, Europe and I never saw ICP live, never been at gathering so I can't call myself a Juggalo? I don't think you know what Juggalo is, if you think so.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
43 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Michaeletews, issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845