May 1, 2024
31 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering Location: Lost Lakes
May 17, 2017
7:12 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Image Enlarger

So parking is across the street. 

Are they serious with the "Quiet Camping" areas?

The Wakezone area is the one that is extra? Will it be open to the public during the Gathering?

May 17, 2017
7:25 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Iirc the original Crystal Forest had a quiet camping area or something along those lines. That place was in the middle of nowhere though, so neighbors were no concern. 

May 17, 2017
7:35 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

NLQP got neighbors, but as close  as this place.

May 17, 2017
7:42 pm
Members
124sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just remember the Amish peoples... then again I was was wide-eyed and not really paying attention to much outside the park anyways.

May 17, 2017
7:45 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, I lived not far from there for a few years, planning on going out there next month. 

May 18, 2017
6:32 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
126sp_Permalink sp_Print

MASTERWEEDO said 

https://youtu.be/qf3_OaesGdI?t=6s

What yer not picking up on is that those "Quiet Camping" areas are not designated as such for YOU, the Gathering Juggalo, to find a "nice, quiet area of the grounds to camp upon"... those are the places where you will be EXPECTED to be quiet as:

THEY ARE DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM NEIGHBORHOODS FULL OF PEOPLE!!!

Do some "work" and check out the surrounding area using Google Street View... and imagine a sea of juggalos outside your living room window...  [cool thought tuh me, actually]

Like I said, this place has never done the "camp in" style festival and Juggalos are gonna be the community guinea pigs to see how the rest of the area can put up with what the owners apparently have planned for the property in the future.

I think a smaller, more "intimate" Gathering will be awesome but if I were a bettin' man... I'm thinking Jumpsteady is already looking for a new place for next year, cuz they ain't gonna have us back after this one, ya'll.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 18, 2017
7:53 am
Hitemup16
Members
Forum Posts: 5
127sp_Permalink sp_Print

Real talk this is a one and only experience for us oklahoma juggalos.  I don't believe this venue can handle a gathering. 

May 18, 2017
8:43 am
Members
128sp_Permalink sp_Print

It does look... quaint. Attendance might match that. Expect balance 

May 18, 2017
9:07 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

Quiet camping at the gathering....man, good luck with that one.  

Mad people are gonna be like SHHHHH! stop being so loud you fucks......its 10:45pm people gotta work!  Drugs and quiet don't mix.

Whoop Whoop djscrubb :

MASTERWEEDO
May 18, 2017
9:19 am
Members
130sp_Permalink sp_Print

That's when you roll out to the OKC titty bars for a breather and gather in an urban environment. The Morton's List opportunities are going to be triple sick. 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

djscrubb
May 18, 2017
6:04 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
131sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said

MASTERWEEDO said 

https://youtu.be/qf3_OaesGdI?t=6s

What yer not picking up on is that those "Quiet Camping" areas are not designated as such for YOU, the Gathering Juggalo, to find a "nice, quiet area of the grounds to camp upon"... those are the places where you will be EXPECTED to be quiet as:

THEY ARE DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM NEIGHBORHOODS FULL OF PEOPLE!!!

Do some "work" and check out the surrounding area using Google Street View... and imagine a sea of juggalos outside your living room window...  [cool thought tuh me, actually]

Like I said, this place has never done the "camp in" style festival and Juggalos are gonna be the community guinea pigs to see how the rest of the area can put up with what the owners apparently have planned for the property in the future.

I think a smaller, more "intimate" Gathering will be awesome but if I were a bettin' man... I'm thinking Jumpsteady is already looking for a new place for next year, cuz they ain't gonna have us back after this one, ya'll.  

Where the hell have you been for the past few months? I been saying those neighborhoods and especially them churches are prolly going to be a problem.

I'm sure the dudes with fireworks wont be all over the grounds, or over there, more so just because it is supposed to be quiet.   

May 19, 2017
3:37 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

MASTERWEEDO said

Where the hell have you been for the past few months?

Well, I guess I've been hanging out back at Page 3 of this thread where "Guest" started threatenin' to beat people up for saying the same thing you just did. [shrug]

But hey, all us "Gatekeepers" can't keep up with EVERYthing... We gotz gates tuh keep, damn it!

Here's some additional info... Compare and Save (yer ass)

Ohio (Legend Valley)

Oklahoma

Now mix with residential housing and some fireworks... throw in 3-4 churches... [insert Han Solo quote here]

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 19, 2017
9:27 am
Members
133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why are you pussys so scared of what the neighbors think? They live next to a music venue lmao. PSY is paying to use the facilities. Make some goddamn noise. Who cares if they get pissed? It's redneck country in July. Fireworks? Par for the course. Grow a pair. Juggalo apologists make me sick!

May 19, 2017
10:06 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
134sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you don't work here, right?

Just checkin'.

May 19, 2017
10:12 am
Members

Afaik only Scottie does, yes. Imagine if this was a job, right? 

Edit: Job as in paid. Respect to mods. 

May 19, 2017
11:37 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390
136sp_Permalink sp_Print

Guest said
That's when you roll out to the OKC titty bars for a breather and gather in an urban environment. The Morton's List opportunities are going to be triple sick.   

I'm not really a titty bar person, but I'd be down with that for sure to get away from the SHHHHHHHHHHHH! warriors.  And I promise their gonna be there.  If Lord Jumpsteady and Lord Violent J say to be quiet in those areas. 

I know, I know...."just don't camp there then"  lol

May 19, 2017
12:05 pm
Members
137sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know I remember how lame JCW got after 2008. "Don't throw trash!". Omg ninja please lol. 

May 19, 2017
3:41 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
138sp_Permalink sp_Print

The JCW thing was so the wrestlers could do cool shit, and throwing shit wasnt detrimental to the entire festival.

Constant fireworks and people being loud near them houses, that seems like the type of thing to get calls to law enforcement. I wonder if they will have festival security trying to enforce the quiet zones?

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

Noah Fence
May 19, 2017
4:31 pm
FuckHerRightInThePussy
Members
Forum Posts: 555
139sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone with half a brain that's been to a GOTJ can look at the place on google maps/earth and see that there is going to be an issue with noise.  You guys who say "they live near a concert venu" and think they won't mind seem to forget there is a huge difference between a concert that is over at 11pm-12AM and a Gathering with explosions going off clear thru the night.  They will not be able to have shows til 4AM and if they do they will greatly lower the volume on that stage like they had to at Legend Valley at times.  Fireworks will be a problem. If you think otherwise, you're retarded.

May 19, 2017
5:37 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
140sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dont think they will be invited back. 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
36 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

PromotionErump, Michaeletews, issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845