May 13, 2024
44 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Color coordination on the timeline (or lack thereof)
June 8, 2016
11:32 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

deathmetaljuggalo said

sooo speaking of coffee, what's the deal with that? instant coffee is nasty, so maybe I should bring a French press? would just need to boil some water, wouldn't be hard with a fire going. 

..unless you got a better idea for a quality cup, @scruffy  

You asked Scruffy specifically but everyone else is chiming in too. I brought my french press and a case of Monster last year. Never touched the french press. Unless you're comfy in an AC filled RV, your alarm clock is going to be the sun. Waking up because it's too hot to sleep makes you not want a nice, hot cup of coffee. It's easier to just down some energy drink and be done with it. 

With that said, I'm probably bringing my french press again this year (ya never know) so if you're camping at the village, you're more than welcome to use mine if you feel so inclined. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, JC
June 8, 2016
11:44 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

CellE2057 said
Waking up because it's too hot to sleep makes you not want a nice, hot cup of coffee.

speak for self.  i still miss it. 

It's easier to just down some energy drink and be done with it. 

ugh.  yuck. 

better to eat a caffeine supplement, if youre gonna do that. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 8, 2016
11:55 am
CellE2057
Members

CellE2057 said

It's easier to just down some energy drink and be done with it. 

It's easier to get a quick dose of caffeine and be done with it.

yeah, I guess a lukewarm can of Monster isn't ideal either lol. Shit got the job done though. I do recall you mentioning a couple of times your distaste for energy drinks, @scruffy. Most energy drinks definitely have a medicinal punch to em, which I like. It's good to remember that you're not drinking Kool-Aid, you're taking a drug for its desired effect. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, bayAreaShaman
June 8, 2016
12:02 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

CellE2057 said    
It's good to remember that you're not drinking Kool-Aid, you're taking a drug for its desired effect.   

hence, the no-doz pills.  far superior tactic. 

all the caffeine, and none of the 2-4-desoxypropaneuramine or strontium benzoate. 

no piss-flavor, either. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 8, 2016
12:13 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

@celle2057,  good looking out. that would be awesome, I love me a good cup of coffee because I enjoy the taste, but I don't need it to get moving I'm an early riser, sleeping in to me is like 8am and even that's a struggle.. my girlfriend on the other hand, she needs that kick in the ass that caffeine provides. since we aren't driving ourselves and taking the Greyhound that would be a huge help, don't want mine to break in the process

only energy drink I like is the cranberry red bull, but it's because I like the taste. something oddly satisfying about it.. shit has to be cold though, fuck a warm energy drink, then it REALLY tastes like piss

June 8, 2016
12:29 pm
CellE2057
Members

scruffy said

hence, the no-doz pills.  far superior tactic. 

all the caffeine, and none of the 2-4-desoxypropaneuramine or strontium benzoate. 

no piss-flavor, either.   

Valid point. One that I cannot argue. Other than the act of drinking my caffeine has become part of the morning ritual. Without it, I'd feel off. Even if I am downing it. 

deathmetaljuggalo said
@celle2057,  good looking out. that would be awesome, I love me a good cup of coffee because I enjoy the taste, but I don't need it to get moving I'm an early riser, sleeping in to me is like 8am and even that's a struggle.. my girlfriend on the other hand, she needs that kick in the ass that caffeine provides. since we aren't driving ourselves and taking the Greyhound that would be a huge help, don't want mine to break in the process

Ite, I'll make damned sure I pack it early so you're covered, yo. 

only energy drink I like is the cranberry red bull, but it's because I like the taste. something oddly satisfying about it.. shit has to be cold though, fuck a warm energy drink, then it REALLY tastes like piss  

You have Kiwi RedBull where you at? That's one of the only energy drinks I've ever had that I actually like the taste of that actually does the job. 

June 8, 2016
3:57 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

deathmetaljuggalo said

sooo speaking of coffee, what's the deal with that? instant coffee is nasty, so maybe I should bring a French press? would just need to boil some water, wouldn't be hard with a fire going. 

..unless you got a better idea for a quality cup, @scruffy  

I dont wanna come off as a dick, but is it that hard to  sacrifice the creme de la creme for a couple a days. Its a part of campin. U get to drink whut u want all year long, is it gonna kill u to drink a subpar beverage for a few days.

This dilemma is just as bad as someone complaining that they forgot a tv, its campin not somethin u  do at home.

June 8, 2016
6:54 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

drug addictions have to be accounted for, or you detox at the worst possible time.  make no mistake, im talkin bout a drug, not no 'i miss my home comforts' shit.  this dilemma is about hardcore coffee drinkers, not soft ass frappuccino sippin dilettantes. 

someone who drinks as much coffee as i do suddenly stops takin in caffeine on day one, theyre gonna spend day two asleep.  thats a given.  i dont wanna sleep a quarter of my gathering away. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

bayAreaShaman

June 8, 2016
7:29 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

I dont wanna come off as a dick, but is it that hard to  sacrifice the creme de la creme for a couple a days. Its a part of campin. U get to drink whut u want all year long, is it gonna kill u to drink a subpar beverage for a few days.

This dilemma is just as bad as someone complaining that they forgot a tv, its campin not somethin u  do at home.  

a french press is an easy way to make a strong cup of coffee with very little steps. you just need ground coffee and hot water, certainly not Starbucks iced whipped mocha caramel drizzle macchiatto bs.. I serve coffee, I hate when people get super specific with their drinks, fucking always uppity white people lol

besides, when I  asked my question I didn't know that food vendors sold coffee, never been so it just didn't cross my mind

also, no way it is comparable to a tv or something like that. you're going to be tripping the entire time that's cool you do you and enjoy it, I'm going to make sure my girl is happy and can wake up to the morning, this is all still pretty new to her and she's never been camping.. I love the fact that she supports my interest in all this and going to the gathering so the least I can do is make sure she's comfortable and happy haha

edit: spooky, not busting your chops on your vices either. we're going to be doing the same thing hopefully, I mean fucking Wizard of the Hood and allbatmanrasta_gif

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, JC
June 8, 2016
7:46 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

deathmetaljuggalo said  
besides, when I  asked my question I didn't know that food vendors sold coffee, never been so it just didn't cross my mind   

be aware, what they sell is itty little styrofoam cupettes of coffee, for two or three bucks.  usually well-scorched. 

another reason i try to drop the habit before gathering time. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 8, 2016
8:35 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Fuck it throw some ice in that shit and BAMM!!!!!!

@spookythefungi dude cereal and coffee is a tradition when i go camping. Fucken cold ass milk in the mourning! And its way to hot to drink coffee but ill do it with ice in it. Just gotta make it stronger cuz ur gonna dilute it. 

I dont really want it cuz most coffee dehydrates the shit out of me. That plus beer and sun not good for me.

@deathmetaljuggalo yeah dude do what ever u want for u and ur girl to be comfortable. Im in the same boat my girls hella supportive. Im buying a gas burner to cook in the mourning and what ever i want ur welcome too use it for ur watter boiling purposes. Im not gonna fire up the grill for eggs again. Much faster when ur lazy hot and hungry. Any of u can use it for whatever. U know like a simple one burner thing.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, JC, deathmetaljuggalo

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

June 8, 2016
8:48 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

Fuck coffee f-u-2

Whoop Whoop GanjaGoblin :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

June 8, 2016
8:51 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

GanjaGoblin said
Fuck coffee f-u-2  

Dude u ever see that village thread...@ganjagoblin ?

June 8, 2016
8:53 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators

I did, I skimmed through most of it. I will be there.

scruffy, bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 8, 2016
8:55 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

GanjaGoblin said
I did, I skimmed through most of it. I will be there.  

Righteous brother.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

GanjaGoblin

June 8, 2016
9:00 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators

How many of ya'll are going? 

June 8, 2016
9:02 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

GanjaGoblin said  
How many of ya'll are going?    

if you mean the village...  pushin thirty, i think. 

if you mean the gathering altogether, more than that. 

June 8, 2016
9:05 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators

Damn, I'll get name tags cause chances are I'mma be forgetting who all ya'll are. 

bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 8, 2016
9:41 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

CellE2057 said

scruffy said

figure its mostly 'come down and get abk high'.  cant see much of anything else goin on.   

That's what I'm thinking too but in the waaaay off chance that it's something different I'd rather have gone to check it out, ya know? Shit, maybe it's going to be "Let ABK make you some pancakes while you watch the sunrise and drink fresh roasted coffee". More realistically he might play something off of Shapeshifter, which I've been waiting for for a very long time.   

I went to this once... It was a bunch of sad sacks with no weed hoping ABK would get them high.  When he got on stage it turned into "Lets see how high we can get ABK" but with a bunch of people with no weed.  Admittedly this was years ago but suffice to say I didnt go back.  Youd be more likely to get a Bake-Lo performance or Flagrant lol...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

June 8, 2016
9:47 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

deathmetaljuggalo said

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

a french press is an easy way to make a strong cup of coffee with very little steps. you just need ground coffee and hot water, certainly not Starbucks iced whipped mocha caramel drizzle macchiatto bs.. I serve coffee, I hate when people get super specific with their drinks, fucking always uppity white people lol

also, no way it is comparable to a tv or something like that. you're going to be tripping the entire time that's cool you do you and enjoy it, I'm going to make sure my girl is happy and can wake up to the morning, this is all still pretty new to her and she's never been camping.. I love the fact that she supports my interest in all this and going to the gathering so the least I can do is make sure she's comfortable and happy haha

edit: spooky, not busting your chops on your vices either. we're going to be doing the same thing hopefully, I mean fucking Wizard of the Hood and allbatmanrasta_gif  

Much luv homie hakuna matata, i dont drink coffee, and the only one i ever liked was folgers black silk. I was just suggesting sacrificing ur good coffee for just some regular coffee in lou of the gathering. I usually am a monster green drinker, but i have no issue wit a cup of stale ass coffee, gives me whut i want, minus the taste.

No vices homie just sayin u dont have to live like king tut cuz its the gathering, ur already golden 

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
50 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix, PeterCak, Rolanddaurl

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845