April 28, 2024
114 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
2017 GOTJ date and location
March 12, 2017
9:34 am
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Fuck yea c'mon midwest!

Whoop Whoop Split :

phreakcore
March 12, 2017
9:36 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

Guest said
The location has leaked. I can't post it, but I will say this...

It's not East OR West coast. Not Colorado. GOTJ has never been held at this venue. 

A central location.   

So its CST and its not in the map that @psyral-infection posted. And its got a body of water to swim in. Survey says?!...

I got nothing. I waited this long a few days more won't matter. If you are serious though Guest about it being central that makes it a lot more likely I will be going. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, MASTERWEEDO
March 12, 2017
11:36 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

phreakcore said

So its CST and its not in the map that @psyral-infection posted. And its got a body of water to swim in. Survey says?!...

I got nothing. I waited this long a few days more won't matter. If you are serious though Guest about it being central that makes it a lot more likely I will be going.   

The map I provided are the Midwest states according to the US census bureau.

So that leaves a couple of states that some consider to be Midwest but the US census bureau does not. Oklahoma is sometimes considered Midwest more than other states not on the list followed by Kentucky. But Wikipedia does not show either of those states as Midwest which @guest said that this location was according to Wikipedia.

Next would be Arkansas which Wikipedia does not directly consider Midwest but that the National Park Service does. That is stated in Wikipedia so that opens up that possibility.

I can't find any references to Oklahoma being considered Midwest. Everything I find considers that Southcentral.

I have found a few references to Colorado being considered Midwest but he said it was not Colorado so that is out.

Wyoming and Montana are sometimes (rarely) considered Midwest but again Wikipedia does not state them as such on those states page. 

I am leaning to a state that the National Park Service considers Midwest but the US Census Bureau does not:

NPS_Regions.jpgImage Enlarger

That would be Arkansas.

There is something interesting, http://www.songkick.com/festiv.....icroformat shows ICP on the lineup for Rock Fest 2017 in Chippewa Valley Festival Grounds, Cadott, WI which is Thursday 13 July 2017 – Saturday 15 July 2017 . I hope this is not the Gathering.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
March 12, 2017
12:14 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

My waffling on the Midwest issue has caused confusion, I apologize. The wording on my source was confusing. Using Psyral's data, which is presented in a very clear way... I can state 100% that it IS NOT in the midwest region. Sometimes states are described as "midwest" but they are not in that region. I am just finding this out. So again, not the Midwest. Final answer. My bad. 

Also I wish to redact my guess of an August timeframe. I am now officially guessing one of the last two weekends in July. 

Psyral for the work you put in here, I will confirm that it is not Chippewa. 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

Psyral
March 12, 2017
12:25 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members

Psyral Infection said 

There is something interesting, http://www.songkick.com/festiv.....icroformat shows ICP on the lineup for Rock Fest 2017 in Chippewa Valley Festival Grounds, Cadott, WI which is Thursday 13 July 2017 – Saturday 15 July 2017 . I hope this is not the Gathering.  

The rock fest does look cool but it's not the gathering or affiliated. It's just a music fest icp is playing. I looked at Arkansas and checked venues that host concerts and allow camping. None leaked anything but they do have a venue. I checked Kentucky and Tennessee too briefly but didn't look too hard. I would assume it's one of those 3 states. I'll look into it more later. Sunday stuff today

March 12, 2017
12:27 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175

I'm guessing somewhere in Arkansas. We will see.

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

March 12, 2017
2:44 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Guest said
My waffling on the Midwest issue has caused confusion, I apologize. The wording on my source was confusing. Using Psyral's data, which is presented in a very clear way... I can state 100% that it IS NOT in the midwest region. Sometimes states are described as "midwest" but they are not in that region. I am just finding this out. So again, not the Midwest. Final answer. My bad. 

You soundin fishy, man. Care to provide a source, where we can find the info out ourselves, proof that you actually have insider info, or anything? I'm not sayin that you didn't hear a location, just that whoever told you might be full of shit. 

If your source was/is credible you could have easily said that you had a good feeling it was going to be in {insert place} and we'd all be happy. Instead of that, the lack of information you're actually providing makes it sound like you were restrained and allowed to take a quick glimpse inside of a briefcase that was handcuffed to a blindfolded def man that had his memory wiped by the MIB outside of an undisclosed warehouse. 

March 12, 2017
9:21 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717
March 13, 2017
9:03 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Slumerican502 said
Nawlins  

I always wanted to go.

I also never want to go to the South.

Its like this street Meekland out here. Ill go to it. But its a stretch i care to avoid...

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

March 13, 2017
9:37 am
Members

Cell, if I didn't think it was credible I woudn't have posted it. Lack of information? That's a laugh. 

March 13, 2017
10:04 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

You literally retracted everything you posted. 

March 13, 2017
10:24 am
Members

You need to work on your definition of literally. Besides the midwest thing, what have I redacted? I stand by the details of my posts. Not east coast. Not west coast. Not midwest. Not Colorado. Bring your swim suit, extra towels. One of the last two weekends in July. Thats a shit ton of clues if you're paying attention. Literally? Shut up unless you have something factual to add. 

March 13, 2017
10:47 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members

Guest said
Bring your swim suit, extra towels.

I feel like that is the biggest clue and it has driving me insane. Well done  I'm fully back into gathering mode. The clue makes me think that the name of city is like "lake" something" or (fill in the blank) river  (camp ground)...camp crystal lake? Hot Springs Arkansas?  Then I though Minnesota since it has a lot of lakes but that's not even considered borderline mid west...or is it. 

March 13, 2017
10:50 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

Guest said
You need to work on your definition of literally. Besides the midwest thing, what have I redacted? I stand by the details of my posts. Not east coast. Not west coast. Not midwest. Not Colorado. Bring your swim suit, extra towels. One of the last two weekends in July. Thats a shit ton of clues if you're paying attention. Literally? Shut up unless you have something factual to add.   

You said August, but I guess that was a guess. 

They should've just tried to get the Double J Ranch in Rothbury, MI, that's got an actual water park. 

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

March 13, 2017
10:52 am
Members

I reread the thread and I get it. The dates. Okay, I thought I was clear but to clarify...

I know the location.  I am guessing the dates. I did change my guess. It is just a guess. 

March 13, 2017
11:24 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

I got confirmation from violent js new girlfriend that it is 7/17 - 7-21. Apparently they are getting married at gotj and no she isn't dropping an ep. 

Yet.

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

March 13, 2017
11:29 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175

Noah Fence said
I got confirmation from violent js new girlfriend that it is 7/17 - 7-21. Apparently they are getting married at gotj...

Unless he decides she's "unmanageable" between now & then.

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

March 13, 2017
11:46 am
FuckHerRightInThePussy
Members
Forum Posts: 555

Mountain (Formerly Toyota Pavilion At Montage Mountain) one of the premier music venues in Pennsylvania, it also offers some of the most spectacular views with the surrounding mountains offering something of a spectacle. The pavilion has a seating capacity of 18,000, with 7,000 of those as seats and a 10,500 capacity in the lawn area, our favorite place to sit for a mix of great views and awesome live music!

This year the venue will host some of the biggest music artists and festivals in the world. Its the number 1 music venue to be at in Pennsylvania! 

Has free access to their waterpark. Pensylvania is midwest to those with no sense of direction or intelligence(or those people trolling you like guest)

Wait. Now I'm trolling. Lookin like a Kardashian.

March 13, 2017
12:41 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members

Well MN is mid west. Dunno why I didn't know that. Still think it might be AR or KY. Both are labeled SE region but border the Midwest. 

FuckHerRightInThePussy said 

Pensylvania is midwest to those with no sense of direction or intelligence(or those people trolling you like guest)

Wait. Now I'm trolling. Lookin like a Kardashian.  

At first I thought he was trolling but he seems confident on the location. Maybe I just don't understand the whole "trolling" meaning. And PA is definitely not mid west or even debatable. I been to Montage Mountain for Tattoo the Earth tour. It's just an amphitheater with a parking and no camping. This was in 2000 though and that's the convert venue not the nearby ski resort that has the waterpark. Still though if it was in NE Pennsylvania that's like only like 2 hours from me. Wouldn't that be something 

March 13, 2017
2:23 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Guest said
Shut up unless you have something factual to add.   

^This^

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
63 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart, sickjuggalo666, RichardTourl, AntonioJox

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845