April 30, 2024
33 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Would reggae work at the gathering?
February 26, 2013
10:14 pm
S.W.I.T.C.H.
S.W.I.T.C.H.
Members
Forum Posts: 86
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Deadfolx said:

I don't think it would work for mainstage.  But one of the other stages for sure.  Mainstage crowd is way too harsh on artists.  seems a lot better at other stages

Agreed the only artist that would own on the main is dead, Bob Marley!

February 26, 2013
10:18 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559

S.W.I.T.C.H. said:

zombie bob marley ????

February 26, 2013
10:46 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619

limp ass metal band?haha..if ur talkin about static x and saliva yes they are..Fear factory sounded like shit but they are badass band.

February 26, 2013
10:59 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

like i say, thats just me. 

take pod last gathering.  plenty of ninjas talked about how cool that was.  thats fine.  i thought it was pretty grating. 

i havent seen very many metally rocky shows that i really enjoyed.  a big part of it is my mood, probably.  i thought biohazard was great, hated gwar. 

ive seen hed pe twice, once i thought was a dope show, the other i thought was boring.  the two shows werent all that different, but there you go. 

like ive said before, metal, punk rock, stuff like that, its real hit-or-miss with me. 

[edit] fear factory, static x, too.  was saliva that other one?  them, too.  or was it soulfly?  either way, them, too.

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 26, 2013
11:13 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

soulfly was there too,they are badass too.I prefer older Sepultura though,but they are the shit.I wouldnt even consider saliva metal,they are just terrible.Dont care for POD either.To each own though.Metal is my favorite genre of music,so I could talk for hours about it.Im going to see Meshuggah on sat at the wiltern in LA .They are amazing live.Metal for me, I just love the groove of it like Pantera man,dimebag knew how to write some killer shit.Love the aggression and intensity of it,that why I love the wicked shit too.

February 26, 2013
11:18 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

They had a Michael Jackson cover band play last year. If they can play, I don't see why reggae would be an issue. Probably best to keep it to the smaller stages or events (like last year's west coast party, or southern party, or whatever the hell it was).

And mentioning Nirvana...they were just about my favorite band when I was in my grunge phase in high school. But then Kurt Cobain died, and I didn't listen to them for a good 15 years. Last year, I downloaded their "best of" CDs and MAN, most of their stuff doesn't make any sense at all! Somehow, when I was 14, it was incredible and made perfect sense, but at 33, the stuff just sounds like nonsense. It's still nostalgic though, so I left about 6 or 8 songs on the iPod.

-Jules

February 26, 2013
11:22 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

all good. 

like i always have said, rock ninjas need their shit, too.  metal/rock/punk should be at the gathering, but hiphop should still be in the drivers seat.

i thought last years setup was decent.  i dont want much more rock than that, but it was cool enough.  i cant be tryin to catch every single concert at a gathering anyway, ill miss too much of the freshness going on.

February 26, 2013
11:41 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

I listened to Nirvana constantly when i was in middle school too.They were the shit and they still are to this day imo.Dave Ghrol is badass too.He directed a documentary called Sound City about the legendary studio in LA were Nirvana's Nevermind was recorded,Slipknot Iowa,NIN,Tom Petty,Fleetwood Mac,Kid Rock,Santana,chili peppers,RATM,Metallica,Elton John ,A Perfect circle,Foreigner,Gratefuldead,tool,weezer,ratt,rancid,Neil Young.Shit load more but Sound city basically went out of business and Dave Ghrol bought the legendary analog sound board that all these great albums were recorded on and he put it in his home studio.He invited different musicians like Chris Novoselic,Paul Mccartney Trent Reznor and they jammed and recored songs on the old sound board,Very dope shit and worth a watch for sure whether you enjoy that music or not.

February 27, 2013
12:08 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Violentdope said:

I listened to Nirvana constantly when i was in middle school too.They were the shit and they still are to this day imo.Dave Ghrol is badass too.He directed a documentary called Sound City about the legendary studio in LA were Nirvana's Nevermind was recorded,Slipknot Iowa,NIN,Tom Petty,Fleetwood Mac,Kid Rock,Santana,chili peppers,RATM,Metallica,Elton John ,A Perfect circle,Foreigner,Gratefuldead,tool,weezer,ratt,rancid,Neil Young.Shit load more but Sound city basically went out of business and Dave Ghrol bought the legendary analog sound board that all these great albums were recorded on and he put it in his home studio.He invited different musicians like Chris Novoselic,Paul Mccartney Trent Reznor and they jammed and recored songs on the old sound board,Very dope shit and worth a watch for sure whether you enjoy that music or not.

i just imdb'd this.  i havent seen it, but im pretty sure a homie was tellin me about it the other day.  netflix?

February 27, 2013
12:15 am
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

@Scruffy..No,its not on Netflix.You can watch it for free on Solar Movie.com.Im going to buy it as soon as its comes out my way though.You can buy or rent it online at different places too.Its worth buying thats for sure.

February 27, 2013
12:31 am
Squarepakk666
Squarepakk666
Members
Forum Posts: 455

I think Reggae would work at the gathering,Its a great idea,Except as for some mentioned assholes throwin shit just cuz they dont respect the music,I myself dont really dig reggae music,But its positive good vibe type shit,And it could work out just fine if the douche bags can respect the music. 

February 27, 2013
12:38 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

basicly, as long as they dont have any country, i wont bitch too much about any genre. 

February 27, 2013
12:46 am
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

scruffy said:

basicly, as long as they dont have any country, i wont bitch too much about any genre. 

haha Im with you on that one dude,musically I can appreciate it but I cant sit and listen to it.

February 27, 2013
10:40 am
S.W.I.T.C.H.
S.W.I.T.C.H.
Members
Forum Posts: 86

PunkRockJuggalo said:

S.W.I.T.C.H. said:

zombie bob marley ????

FUCK YEAH! cool

February 27, 2013
8:20 pm
Mike C
Guests

no juggalos are so anti reggae, i know some of u are gonna say i love it but blah blah blah, yall hate kmk for bein weed related yet accept potluck for doin it 10xs more weed related subjects lol - reggae and juggalos dont mix i guess

i think the gathering is for hardcore hip hop and hard rock acts

February 27, 2013
9:58 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

if joe bruce posted up, how dope and fresh and cool reggae is ? 99% of juggalos would be like,"oh,hell yea, I love reggae!"

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

February 27, 2013
10:31 pm
Squarepakk666
Squarepakk666
Members
Forum Posts: 455

I will contest to that wonka,Just cause Violent J says somethings dope dont make it so,Half the shit he calls fresh i call wack.I think for myself and dont need j to tell me whats good or whats bad,I can be my own critic and judge it for myself,However not a big fan of Raggae,Potluck or KMK,I cant stand multiple songs/Albums about their 100,000 thousand methods to smokin weed,I smoke weed all the time i got one method to smoke,Load it in my piece and toke.

February 27, 2013
10:37 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

yeah. 

call it 85%. 

February 27, 2013
11:36 pm
patjoyce
patjoyce
Members
Forum Posts: 4891

Joe Bruce loves Danny K, on the juggalo show boxset he says how he wants all juggalos to know and respect Danny K. Still hasn't happened. I also seem to remember Joe Bruce telling us all not to throw shit at Tila Tequila.

February 28, 2013
2:57 pm
Mike C
Guests

reggae is a form that is more accepted in california. we got the sublimes, the kmks, etc...it doesnt really work in the midwest or a juggalo scene

juggalo music is for the aggressive minded...y u think most og's fuckin hate all this lovey dovey family stuff? lol

im from cali and on the bright beautiful sunshine days i blast my gfunk, my reggae all that shit! not gonna be bumpin lotus "headache" on the beach

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
50 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Michaeletews, issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845