April 28, 2024
98 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Tips/Advice for Next years.
December 21, 2016
1:27 pm
X1LOKI1X
X1LOKI1X
Members
Forum Posts: 165
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey guy's so I've recently found out that I'm gonna be able to attended next years gathering. I've been a Juggalo since the mid 90's and I've never been to one. I might be going by myself though, None of my IRL friends are Juggalos or are into any of the music so I'm stuck going alone. But I was curious, if you guy's could give me advice on what to bring, survival stuff, liquor (do they allow you to bring your own in) Would it be better to take a bus or fly? I live in Massachusetts (FYI) i'm planning stuff early and buying things I'll need to live, even though it's wicked early. lol I've never been to any festival that lasts more than a day, So I'm a bit nervous, but also super excited and happy.

December 21, 2016
1:58 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

not knowin the quirks of whatever site it ends up bein at, id sum it up by sayin, 'prep for contingency'. 

really, refer to the various threads in this section.  youll get a zillion tips outta those. 

couple good ones:

a brand new pack of nice, thick, fluffy socks. 

trash bags.  for your trash.  which goes in the bags. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Split, djscrubb

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

December 21, 2016
3:36 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

Bring more water than you expect to drink and more money than you expect to spend. You'll run out. 

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, MASTERWEEDO, Split

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

December 21, 2016
4:02 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175

Sunscreen & walking shoes are great ideas, too.

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Split
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

December 22, 2016
8:58 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9041

CHECK FOR TICKS!

No joking, no exagerration.... check yourself whenever you can, either at the end of the night or in the morning.

A single tick bite could ruin your entire life. It fucked me up raw, for sure. But I'm still super fortunate to have caught it and got the antibiotics. I am thankful forever for the internet and WedMD for helping me self-diagnose my situation and take it to the hospital. 

Lyme Disease will ruin you!

On the brighter side, I recall bringing multi-vitamins. Different sources say they are either useless or useful, but they are at least a nice placebo to help you feel a bit healthier for the stay. 

Bring a cooler for healthy stuff, like kiwis, apples, WATER (as Noah said), cold packs, etc aside from your other, regular grub. 

CBD salve if you got it. THC/CBD even better.

Drink coolies! 

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
December 23, 2016
1:54 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 1579

I'm not going to bother trying to make it to a gathering anymore. Every year I've tried, it gets fucked up by life somehow. And the money to be spent getting there, is just too much for me. Round trip bus tickets, cab rides, food, water, a tent, a ticket inside the gotj, Christ almighty. But what really killed it for me was an asshole on Facebook bragging about how many backpacks he and his homies stole from other Juggalos at the last gathering. The conversation went something like this: I said, "Why are you bragging about stealing from fam like it's a good thing?" And then he said something like "haha I stole mad backpacks do you even gather bro?" Yeah, that killed it for me. Apparently, after much more digging, gatherings are a lot more treacherous than others let on. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I hate other people because other people suuuuuuuuuuccckk. Even other Juggalos/Lettes.  They suck to, because apparently stealing backpacks from other fam that had their money to get home in it, is apparently an awesome thing to do. Not cool at all.f-u-2

I'm one of those Juggalos that don't like other Juggalos, or just people in general.

Whoop Whoop 86 :

18 years down, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"I Just Wanna Hide Inside My Own Private Hell"- Boondox

December 23, 2016
3:04 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

You are going to deal with that shit at any festival. The Gathering was by far the best festival I have ever attended. 

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
December 23, 2016
5:02 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

86 said
I'm not going to bother trying to make it to a gathering anymore. Every year I've tried, it gets fucked up by life somehow. And the money to be spent getting there, is just too much for me. Round trip bus tickets, cab rides, food, water, a tent, a ticket inside the gotj, Christ almighty. But what really killed it for me was an asshole on Facebook bragging about how many backpacks he and his homies stole from other Juggalos at the last gathering. The conversation went something like this: I said, "Why are you bragging about stealing from fam like it's a good thing?" And then he said something like "haha I stole mad backpacks do you even gather bro?" Yeah, that killed it for me. Apparently, after much more digging, gatherings are a lot more treacherous than others let on. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I hate other people because other people suuuuuuuuuuccckk. Even other Juggalos/Lettes.  They suck to, because apparently stealing backpacks from other fam that had their money to get home in it, is apparently an awesome thing to do. Not cool at all.f-u-2

I'm one of those Juggalos that don't like other Juggalos, or just people in general.  

There is always the Faygoluver's Village. Friends watch other peoples stuff. I am also a big supporter of the Car Pass. Lock your valuables up when you aren't using them.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
December 23, 2016
5:47 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175

86 said

Aw.gifImage Enlarger

Gatherings can be treacherous, or chill as fuck. Last summer I walked out of my tent and was staring at Bone Thugs-N-Harmony doing a Geto Boys tribute. I doubt I'll ever come down from that.

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

December 23, 2016
6:48 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

all the gathering shit that gets posted in this forum, easily the most anywhere, an encyclopedia of true and verified information... 

... is fully trumped and subordinated by one post.  from one known asshole.  on fuckin facebook. 

uh huh. 

fear is a muthafucka. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

December 23, 2016
8:01 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

I mean the truth is that there is theft there. If you're tweaking and leaving shit out it could easily get scooped. That said, it really isn't a shit fest and people mostly don't fuck with each other. 

Fwiw the first year i went I had to grab something from my tent and someone saw me open the tent, turn on a flashlight, grab something and bounce in like 30 seconds and assumed I was stealing shit and got on my case until I convinced him it was my tent. Some random dude was gonna beat my ass for stealing shit from someone he didn't even know. 

It's deff worth it to go.

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

December 23, 2016
9:14 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

sure.  people steal. 

they steal from you in airports.  better just to not go. 

they steal from you in schools.  better just to not go. 

they steal from you in hospitals.  better just to not go. 

they steal from you in churches.  better just to not go. 

i forget where im goin with this, but im thinkin that aside from my neighborhood, the gathering is the one and only place where i can get ripped off, and actually have some hope that i can get sumn done about it.  them other places?  yeah, right. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Old Mr Dangerous, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

December 23, 2016
11:22 pm
Members

krunkazphuk said

86 said

Aw.gifImage Enlarger

Yep that's a pretty accurate description of me.

December 23, 2016
11:27 pm
Members

scruffy said 

fear is a muthafucka.   

fear of assholes? No.

fear of assholes stealing your travel funds and then you have no way back home? Yeah, who the hell wouldn't be fearful of that?

December 23, 2016
11:28 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

people who live in the world, and know they have to deal with shit. 

December 23, 2016
11:30 pm
Members

scruffy said
people who live in the world, and know they have to deal with shit.   

Then it's probably best to not put yourself in a situation where said shit could happen.

December 23, 2016
11:34 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

you are now making excuses for your excuse making

how many terrible tales of thievery and hardship have we reported back to you after we, here, return from the gathering? 

youre really gonna stay home, not because you dont wanna go, but because theres a tiny chance that someone may take something from you if youre dumb enough to leave it behind? 

cmon. 

you must just absolutely piss yourself when you drive past a bad block. 

[typo fix]. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

December 23, 2016
11:44 pm
Members

scruffy said 
how many terrible tales of thievery and hardship have we reported back to you after we, here, return from the gathering? 

youre really gonna stay home, not because you dont wanna go, but because theres a tiny chance that someone may take something from you if youre dumb enough to leave it behind?  

No. You're focusing on only part of my post. Did you not read about the money part? I ain't rich, or even well off. What money I have, goes to shit that is needed for day to day life.

scruffy said 

you must just absolutely piss yourself when you drive past a bad block. 

Fuck off.

Whoop Whoop 86 :

18 years down

December 23, 2016
11:55 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

86 said
But what really killed it for me was ...  

... not money. 

fuck yourself off.  aint my fault youre shook. 

and normally, i dont like to ride people for bein shook.  but damn. 

December 23, 2016
11:58 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9041

what is there that is so valuable that you would bring to an outdoor days-long festival, that you would stress about? 

I wouldn't bring either of my brothers' ash urns to the Gathering. Or ANY musical event. Fuck that. I wouldn't bring my 3-year old daughter into the apex of a mosh pit, either. A stray half-filled Faygo, properly aimed, could easily kill a child.

I have been to the first five Gathering's, and never lost a thing. I actually had stuff GIVEN TO ME! When Esham fucked this dude's girlfriend (another story entirely), his camp gave us tons of Coors Light and burger meat to cook, since they left a night early. I am forever grateful to them.

"You wanna keep it real?

Take a walk out your door

That's as real as it gets

From the sky to the floor"

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
69 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Indica cart, sickjuggalo666, RichardTourl, AntonioJox, RonaldThono

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845