May 1, 2024
67 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
This Faygoluvers Article Needs To Be Retitled and Annotated
March 14, 2017
3:13 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sorry, kids. But it seems like this thing is bugging me more than I thought it would and I've been stewing about it all day until I could get back home to hash it out with you all.

The Faygoluvers Front Page News article titled: "Westword: ICP’s Gathering of the Juggalos Backs Out of Denver"...

https://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/.....of-denver/

Is both misinformed AND misleading and I feel like someone should make the corrections.

I'd like to believe @scottied is probably the closest thing to a working "Juggalo Journalist" we got and tries to maintain some kind of credibility in the reporting that goes on on his site; which is why this article irks me so much.

1) The posting of the above title turns into click-baiting as soon as you read the contents. It is NOT correct and it is NOT a true statement. ICP and Psychopathic have NEVER discussed at ANY length (beyond Jumpsteady's "personal dream") about how they are trying to get the Gathering to take place in DENVER!!!!!! I almost instantly began hearing this "will-to-power" incantation of "It's gonna be in Denver" almost immediately after the Gathering Seminar at 17 (and after the ICP Seminar as well) when, in FACT, it was not mentioned again but in passing while mentioning cities (ie PLURAL) within COLORADO.

Personally, I think this is some kind of attempt at "The Secret" where if enough Colorado Juggalos all said it and wished for it hard enough that it would just RETROACTIVELY become a stated fact when in fact  it never has...

2) The FIRST LINE of the article on the OP website links to ANOTHER article that presumably supports it's title and introduction

Last year, it was widely reported that Insane Clown Posse's Gathering of the Juggalos would take place in Denver. Not so.

a) ONCE AGAIN, the article for which THIS article is quoting from is ONCE AGAIN misinformed and misleading.

According to a seminar held on Saturday, July 23, Insane Clown Posse confirmed that its annual festival, the Gathering of the Juggalos, will happen in Denver in 2017.

According to the VIDEO "EVIDENCE" I just posted above... THIS DID NOT HAPPEN EITHER!!!!

b) Did you WATCH the video?

3) Having read ALL that shit, the Westword article "interview" is not NEARLY as concise an interaction for ANYONE to be commenting to the effect of "ICP BACKED OUT OF DENVER HOSTING THE GATHERING". It's fuckin' hater bait.

This would be one of the detractors of the written word. We can't hear any inflection. Did the "interviewers" voice go UP when he said DENVER, "When asked for an interview about why Denver's copious venues didn't work out, J-Webb replied..." ? As if it were a SUGGESTION perhaps? We'll never know.

"Hey, I'm gonna be visiting your area but I'm gonna stay at my other homie's place."

"Oh. Was there any reason why MY place is unacceptable?"

That's what I hear in my mind anyway...

But what we DO KNOW is that the predicate for the question comes from a misinformed place TO BEGIN WITH and I really feel that this entire little round-robin of "fake news" falls on the ears of those looking for more shit to talk about ICP as if this is "yet another Psychopathic Lie" when they NEVER SAID IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Seriously, if I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected but I think some OTHER people out there need to come correct themselves.

MCL

There. I got that out. Now I can go take a shit in peace.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

March 14, 2017
5:18 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

I mean, you're right about them never really sayin "Denver", at least to the best of my knowledge anyway. Your wording and attitude about it implies you got a serious pushpin/yarn/newspaper clippings decor goin on at the Cheshyr Estate right now though. 

It doesn't seem like there's any malice there either. Just wrong info. This is the same media that can't be bothered to fact-check the fucking president, man. What makes you think they're gonna do it for those two clown guys and their little music festival?

March 14, 2017
6:08 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

The colon attributes the title to Westword. That's Westword's title, holmes. You should take a 101 journalism class. When you're posting another sources article, you don't change their headline. Nobody does that. You just put it in quotes or after a colon. Industry standard. Recognize. 

mnEj3BD.jpgImage Enlarger

MggyHfh.jpgImage Enlarger

March 14, 2017
7:02 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

CellE2057 said
Your wording and attitude about it implies you got a serious pushpin/yarn/newspaper clippings decor goin on at the Cheshyr Estate right now though.

Haha! No, I just have a couple of "hamster sized" coffins with yer tags all over it... So watch yerself! I wanted to know voodoo...

Seriously though, I think what you have perceived as "conspiracy theory" is really just my indignation that my "#1 Source For Underground News" reposted and linked to an article that is both misinformed and misleading. Given the current climate of "juggalos" creating entire Facebook pages to "Psychopathic Is Fuckin' Up!" and attempting to create a "list of lies", it would behoove our esteemed Press Ninja to include a little bit of correction when they encounter an article that misrepresents facts. If for nothing else than the fact that the article CITES the same Faygoluvers video that implicitly DISAVOWS what the article is about...

I apologize if it comes across as some kind of far reaching "press conspiracy" as it all boils down to three or four clicks of a mouse.

1) Westword article INCORRECTLY states that there was confirmation of Gathering '17 being held in Denver, Colorado. In doing so, references (with links) a Faygoluvers.net video that DOES NOT show what the article is asserting.

2) Months later, another "reporter" (CITING THEIR OWN ARTICLE) writes another article stating that ICP "backs out" of a situation that was NEVER the case.

3) Faygoluvers.net reposts this misinformed article on their front page AS FACT without mention of the "inaccuracies" of said article.

I'm not faulting the original authors of the Westword articles as they are not the espoused representatives of Juggalo culture.

I'm calling out incorrect information being disseminated that can and will clearly be added to the laundry list of hater-ade from a certain cross-section of people that can't help but talk shit.

Guest said
The colon attributes the title to Westword. That's Westword's title, holmes. You should take a 101 journalism class. When you're posting another sources article, you don't change their headline. Nobody does that. You just put it in quotes or after a colon. Industry standard. Recognize. 

RRrriiight.... and when a website creates a title FOR said article, they can frame it any way they want.... such as:

"Westword Reporter Incorrectly Reports That ICP "BACKED OUT" Of Confirmed Denver Gathering Plans"

or

"Poorly Sourced Article States That ICP Mislead Juggalos About A Denver Gathering"

What I "recognize" is that this is the kind of shit that others take as fact and then turn into ammunition. ICP and Jumpsteady DID NOT make ANY of these statements for ANYONE to say that they backed out of ANYthing. Period.

Compartmentalize and be the contrarian all ya want.

I'm just lookin' out for The Fam.

Context can be such a bitch, ain't it?

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

March 14, 2017
7:51 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

Psy screwed the pooch when they publicly teased a Colorado GOTJ again. They knew niggas would run with that ball. The wording is inconsequential. Denver or Colorado, the Gathering aint coming to either one. ICP and Jumpsteady did back out and they did betray everyone and they are despicable cowards for doing so. Thank god we still have real journalists like the good folks at Westword to expose these diabolical lies. Kudos to the staff of FLH for having the courage to print this controversial material. Carry on, folks. 

March 14, 2017
8:36 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8176

ICP seems to be running out of ammo to remain the world's most hated band. I hope they put out a worthy Joker's Card to keep their title, or they might have to start drowning transgender puppies on PPV.

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

March 14, 2017
9:24 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

between your comments on the article itself, chesh, and this thread...  i think the issue has been thoroughly ombudsmanned.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 14, 2017
9:58 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

scruffy said
between your comments on the article itself, chesh, and this thread...  i think the issue has been thoroughly ombudsmanned.    

Thanks for that word. I had to look it up. Now I know a new word! :)

om·buds·man
ˈämbədzmən/
noun
noun: ombudsman; plural noun: ombudsmen
  1. an official appointed to investigate individuals' complaints against maladministration, especially that of public authorities.
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
March 14, 2017
10:05 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

long as you note that i verbed it.  

another public service from your favorite english teacher.  

guess i should apply at westword, huh?  

writer or ombudsman, they apparently need both.  

March 14, 2017
10:12 pm
wicket_juan
wicket_juan
Members
Forum Posts: 488

dude, who gives a fuck? write a book! ya-right Denver or Colorado? f-uwhatever. Cheshyr!

Whoop Whoop wicket_juan :

scruffy

replacing my heart with a liver, so I can drink more and care less!

March 14, 2017
10:23 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

wicket_juan said
write a book! 

the above six words are literally precisely the first thing i thought when i read the opening post.  

wicket_juan said
dude, who gives a fuck? ... Denver or Colorado? whatever!  

okay, well, yeah, more or less.  

thinkin on the book quip, though...  maybe we should...  

who wanna help me write the faygoluvers forum book?  we gotta be able to find a better publisher than tom dub, anyway, right?  

enough written already to cover fifty volumes.  just edit the shit down, throw out the bigger words, and start profiting.  whos in?  

March 15, 2017
12:15 am
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717

Shit, we could probably make a book just on the people thats stopped in over the years with a problem or just needing to vent. Its corny as shit but thats the one thing that makes me swell with juggalo pride.

Pretty much the only thing we will all drop our bickering for, is when somebody needs advice, some help, or just a ear to bend.

Well, cept for the whole koolaid stabby thing. Sorry freakshow.

Im not sure if anyone would wanna read a best of flh forum book. Id read the fuck out of it though.

Whoop Whoop Slumerican502 :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 15, 2017
12:28 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Slumerican502 said
Shit, we could probably make a book just on the people thats stopped in over the years with a problem or just needing to vent. Its corny as shit but thats the one thing that makes me swell with juggalo pride.     

hear, hear.  

Id read the fuck out of it though.     

this is really the only reason i can come up with to do it.  

i mean, preorders for such a book would be monumentally low, im sure.  

one might say that the fact the forum exists makes a book completely redundant.  

but i would counter that opinion by sayin, 'shhh!  were tryin to get us some checks mix, here!'  

no lie, i wouldnt even be talkin bout this, even as a joke, if it werent for tom dub sellin his diary.  and people buyin it.  

if that flies, i see no reason why we all shouldnt make some scratch.  

March 15, 2017
12:48 am
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members

Just throw in a bonus chapters for preorders and BOOM! That shit is gonna skyrocket up to 2 or maybe even 3 preorders. 

March 15, 2017
1:05 am
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

Slumerican502 said

Pretty much the only thing we will all drop our bickering for, is when somebody needs advice, some help, or just a ear to bend.

Well, cept for the whole koolaid stabby thing. Sorry freakshow.

Im not sure if anyone would wanna read a best of flh forum book. Id read the fuck out of it though.  

I would, that guy that narrated the forum was awesome. Let's get that. With different voice actors to play us. I have dibs on Morgan Freeman. Scruffy can be voiced by James Earl Jones. Slumerican voiced by Mark Hamil. Cheshyr voiced by Gilbert Gottfried. OldMr.Dangerous voiced by Seth Rogan. SpookyFungi voiced by Seth McFarland. Guest voiced by Seth McFarland. Cell voiced by Seth McFarland. Psyral voiced by Seth McFarland. Nyro voiced by Will Smith. Krunk voiced by Mike Myers. Shaman voiced by Eddie Murphy. Jiffy Long voiced by Jerry Seinfeld. Sketchez voiced by Seth McFarland. Miklo voiced by Danielle Bregoli. Noah Fence voiced by Will Ferrel.

Whoop Whoop King Lucem Ferre :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Old Mr Dangerous, Guest, scruffy, bayAreaShaman
March 15, 2017
1:34 am
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members

I want a manic Christopher Lloyd to voice me. Or fucking Dick Vitale. Yeah.

March 15, 2017
4:51 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

King Lucem Ferre said

I would, that guy that narrated the forum was awesome. Let's get that. With different voice actors to play us. I have dibs on Morgan Freeman. Scruffy can be voiced by James Earl Jones. Slumerican voiced by Mark Hamil. Cheshyr voiced by Gilbert Gottfried. OldMr.Dangerous voiced by Seth Rogan. SpookyFungi voiced by Seth McFarland. Guest voiced by Seth McFarland. Cell voiced by Seth McFarland. Psyral voiced by Seth McFarland. Nyro voiced by Will Smith. Krunk voiced by Mike Myers. Shaman voiced by Eddie Murphy. Jiffy Long voiced by Jerry Seinfeld. Sketchez voiced by Seth McFarland. Miklo voiced by Danielle Bregoli. Noah Fence voiced by Will Ferrel.  

This is fuckin hilarious, just wish you didnt use seth mcfarland that much. Cheshyr, milko, krunk and shaman were my favorite 

March 15, 2017
5:52 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

scruffy said

thinkin on the book quip, though...  maybe we should...  

who wanna help me write the faygoluvers forum book?  we gotta be able to find a better publisher than tom dub, anyway, right?     

You jest but I'd be more than down to help write a book on here. Everybody bust out a short story that somehow involves FLH in one way or another. Someone organizes them into some form of a narrative or theme that becomes each chapter and we're done. Be it a fictional narrative, recap (Beach lady must be told to completion somewhere) of the Village, odd moment from a show, heartwarming forum story, whatever. 

StrangeHouse Books usually puts out gore/music/and or smut so they can't be expensive. Also know for a fact that one of their main people is a Juggalo that my girl's friends with. So there's that. 

I will take this as serious as anyone else is willing to. We've all already agreed by being here that typing ain't no thang to any of us so why not?

March 15, 2017
8:01 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Well, shit. It's like that?

Alright. Fuck it. I thought everyone around here was all up on "factuals" and "verifiable knowns" n'shit...

I guess I was the only one in the PsyRadio Chatroom(s) when it was getting assaulted by people spamming "LIES LIES LIES" any time Jumpsteady opened his mouth? I must have been having some kind of chemical imbalance that changed words around in the threads of these forums of people talking shit regarding stuff no one can find evidence to. Shout out to all the Blahzay Roze hater/trolls that went and did all that "work" finding all of Becky's old shit to post... Now that was some reporting right there!

If ya'll don't give a damn, then I don't give a fuck. No skin off my back.

But I'll do you all future solid:

If there should ever be a time when I hear anyone talking shit to people about YOU because you DIDN'T do something you DIDN'T say you would do in the first place... I won't tell you about it, I'll just walk up and kick you in the nuts. How bow dah?

"Who cares?" Apparently not YOU mafkas. I guess I misread the room.

https://youtu.be/LVYWmCvQ3zw

March 15, 2017
9:09 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9043

King Lucem Ferre said

Lol... Seth Rogen's jovial voice would sure lighten up some of my darker tales... ex: "and then the car jacker kicked me in the head, WHILE I WAS DRIVING! I lost track of the feet after 40 kicks!" Then insert the infamous "Rogen Laugh" hahahahahaah... 

Also would work: Samuel L. Jackson, in the vein of his classic "Go the Fuck to Sleep" reading.... "and THEN, that MOTHERFUCKING carjacker, KICKED me, in the MOTHERFUCKIJG HEAD! While I was behind the wheel of my MOTHERFUCKING AUTOMOBILE! I lost track of them kicks after 40, but it didn't matter because I BEAT THAT MOTHERFUCKER WITH A MOTHERFUCKING TIRE IRON! And MY black ass got arrested!! Now ain that some shit?"

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
68 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

KennethSic, marijuana edibles, PromotionErump, Michaeletews, issuesthycloon

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845