April 16, 2024
23 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official UnGathering thread
August 15, 2019
2:04 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
161sp_Permalink sp_Print

0814192337a.jpgImage Enlarger

Drew something up the other night and started running my program last night. It was still going this morning whe, i checked on it while having my coffee. Your guess is as good as mine with the finished product. Well see what happens when i get home.

Dont think this will actually be a finished product. More of a rough draft. 

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

bozodklown

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

August 15, 2019
4:01 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
162sp_Permalink sp_Print

0815191650a.jpgImage Enlarger

0815191650.jpgImage Enlarger

Gonna do a contoured cut around, similar to this. Gonna steal a tool from work tomorrow. I have a tool but i want tighter corners so i need a smaller diameter tool. Youll see...

0812192335.jpgImage Enlarger

Ok so any suggestions? Thoughts? Feelings? Something im missing?

Ok, so the reason for the reddish stained wood is, i have a plethora of it. When my dad passed i got his homemade television stand. Huge lunky thing that nobody really wanted. I took it for lumber repurposing purposes. I was really hoping to have a better use for the wood but it doesnt seem to fit anywhere in the house other than shim and filler. Right now i have test subject material. 

Couple more weeks and ill attempt my first lasic surgery with my new machine, any volunteers?

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

Skratchie, bozodklown

August 15, 2019
5:19 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277
163sp_Permalink sp_Print

Those look dope as fuck man!

Whoop Whoop Skratchie :

Drunkalo
August 15, 2019
5:20 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
164sp_Permalink sp_Print

Skratchie said
Those look dope as fuck man!  

Thank you, sir

August 15, 2019
5:39 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
165sp_Permalink sp_Print

I messaged our supreme about a better quality picture. This one will be a freebie. Kudos Mr Long.

Honestly i wanna figure shipping costs, programming and runtime, and details. I also want ideas to improve the image. Thats where you all come in.

I can mass produce at a cheap rate. Keeps me busy, the machine busy, and a couple dollars flowing. I had our shipping guy at work ship a 20"x20"x1" package, weighing 10 lbs to Virginia, where Mr long says hes from. It was just a random Virginia business address for reference, may be a few dollars more for mileage. It Will cost $12 to ship. Residential is a bit more. This is 13x13, ill let yall know what actual cost is. Further may be more? Well figure it all out...

Im not going to rape anyone, unless your willing!

August 17, 2019
12:08 am
Carlbrain2057
Carlbrain2057
Members
Forum Posts: 101
166sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s not rape anymore if the participant is willing, just sayin. Also, seeing your handy work is the entire reason I signed in and ungathered. I knew the endproduct would be more than worth it. Kudos to you for being such a craftalo Mr. Drunkalo. JiffyLong is a lucky lo to receive such a prestigious award. 

Whoop Whoop Carlbrain2057 :

Drunkalo
August 17, 2019
5:28 am
bozodklown
bozodklown
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 394
167sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said
Couple more weeks and ill attempt my first lasic surgery with my new machine, any volunteers?  

Sure why not, seems legit batmanrasta_gif

Whoop Whoop bozodklown :

Drunkalo

Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

August 17, 2019
12:33 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
168sp_Permalink sp_Print

@jiffylong, are you good with the proposed outcome? Its your piece... I did the name with a space between jiffy and long? Does it match the wife and kids decor?

Psyrals last post gave me another idea to tweek it. It will have more pop if you can trust me.

Let me know dude and alls i need is 3 days and an address.

This far, do i still have you?

August 17, 2019
12:39 pm
JiffyLong
JiffyLong
Members
Forum Posts: 2157
169sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh shit I totally missed the post. But yeah it matches the decor for sure it looks awesome! JiffyLong is stylized with no spaces. On official platforms it’s Jiffylong with the lowercase l. Jiffy Long works. I’ll pm you my address. 

Whoop Whoop JiffyLong :

Drunkalo

"Your girl fucked me 'cause you cummin' quicker than FedEx Air"- Sean Law

August 17, 2019
12:45 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
170sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have the room on my end for my error, theres still room for improvements. I got ya, homie, and just got an email notification. Ill keep you posted sideline.

August 26, 2019
11:08 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
171sp_Permalink sp_Print

0827190002.jpgImage Enlarger

0827190001a.jpgImage Enlarger
0827190001.jpgImage Enlarger

Thinking this is what were gonna end up with for this years drawing. Little bit more hand sanding and its a wrap. Also have a cut out that didnt go all the way thru, visable in the first picture upper left.

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

the_patriot_smack, bozodklown

August 27, 2019
12:18 am
the_patriot_smack
Moe Ray Al
Members
Forum Posts: 4477
172sp_Permalink sp_Print

that is pretty fucking awsome man

I regret opting out 

if I won that people would be triggered 

THE ALMIGHTY SMACK

August 27, 2019
12:35 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
173sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you, sir.

Gonna see what i can do about dressing it up some. Im not 100% happy with it yet but the mrs isnt excited about the new electric bill. This is the third one i cut out. Each one i tried a different look and each took some hours. I tried cutting aluminum to do an inlay and it didnt work so well. First attempts rarely do, its a work in progress.

Im gonna see what i can do about making a few dumb things to make a few bucks and ill get back to some juggalo stuff. Meanwhile im gonna work on my social media page, ill make more buddies and get more ideas.

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

the_patriot_smack, bozodklown

August 27, 2019
6:57 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Drunkalo said
Thank you, sir.

Gonna see what i can do about dressing it up some. Im not 100% happy with it yet but the mrs isnt excited about the new electric bill. This is the third one i cut out. Each one i tried a different look and each took some hours. I tried cutting aluminum to do an inlay and it didnt work so well. First attempts rarely do, its a work in progress.

Im gonna see what i can do about making a few dumb things to make a few bucks and ill get back to some juggalo stuff. Meanwhile im gonna work on my social media page, ill make more buddies and get more ideas.  

Keep a log of times the machine is in use and correlate that with past and present electric bills. Keep track of costs and frequency of replacement bits. Basically keep a log of all costs related to the projects. You will need this to determine full material and process costs if you are going to start a business with this otherwise it may end up being a huge money hole. 

Router cutting is typically more expensive (especially in time) and less precise (on corners and fine lines) than laser. New laser cutters can now have z-axis depth limit allowing for 3D like projects.

showcase_4_1.jpg

wd-3d-fireplace.jpgImage Enlarger
wpetw003.jpgImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

bozodklown
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
August 27, 2019
7:47 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

If i can throw the mrs. $5, cover the cost of material and tool, then shipping. Each part is gonna have a base price of like $20. Then its up to me to make something worth the $20. To me thats steep, im just fucking around and keeping my head busy. I have to see what i can do about getting the base price down. 

I didnt know lazers had a z axis, all ive heard is they cut thru. Thats pretty cool

Crazy to think those pictures came from a lazer cutter, thats pretty impressive. But my opinion is they look like old lady/flea market sale stuff. 

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

bozodklown

September 8, 2019
7:53 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
176sp_Permalink sp_Print

Awesome thread... 

Awesome contest... 

Awesome prize... 

Nuff said. 

PS...

Mad freshness points to you drunkalo

And congrats jiffylong on your win

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Drunkalo, bozodklown
August 3, 2020
12:18 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
177sp_Permalink sp_Print

bump

How will you be spending your ungathering?

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

Carnivalkilla44

August 3, 2020
4:30 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9038
178sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said
bump

How will you be spending your ungathering?  

Working lots of hours then not so much. My mom is visiting from back east because her April flight was delayed until August due to COVID. I myself just returned from there after a 3 year hiatus. .   So my mom will be here to hang and also help us out transitioning as the wife starts up her teaching again by watching the kids. Good times and mom's home cooking. 

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

Carnivalkilla44, Drunkalo
August 3, 2020
7:06 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

Nice thread bump. My manager came up to me today and said, "Hey Tom, I saw you were suppose to have this week off. What happened again?" cry

Crying on the inside aside, I'll be stuffing hours at work for these first 3 weeks of August.  Then some extended camping at the end of the month. Either with the lady and my mother in law or some solo backpacking.

In the interim, I do have a lot of house and car work to do. Also hitting up Jersey shore with my homie for his bday for a weekend of debauchery. 

Fyi,  Nelson Ledges is open for a mini gathering this weekend (no shows or anything,  just camping if you want to pay to go chill). They're welcoming all Juggalos. Read it on reddit.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

Drunkalo, Old Mr Dangerous
August 3, 2020
9:37 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
180sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow, its been that long since your moms last visit? I thought I read something about that a little more recent than three years ago. Kids starting school normally there? Everything is all jacked up here. I live in Ohio but work in Pennsylvania. Even going to the store across state lines in retarded. Masks were optional in Ohio but mandatory in PA. The first COVID outbreak shut down liquor stores in PA for a short time. I made almost $100 in two weeks time bootlegging shit across the lines to the guys at work. I dont have kids so you have to bare with me but i think the local school here is having something along the lines of a selective enrollment. Its up to the parents whether they want their child to go to school or be taught at home. 

Camping is always fun. Chores are always going to be there. Debauchery with the boys is sometimes mandatory. Have a good time and be safe.

I read about the Nelson Ledges thing, a buddy forwarded it to me from Facebook. I kind of thought it would be a cool thing to check out. Meet some locals, shake some hands, have a couple beers, and go to bed early. Hell its 40 mins from my house and I've never been there. I have heard a lot of things about it though. My younger sister said she actually sat and smoked with Cheech and Chong at a thing a bunch of years back at Nelson Ledges.

For us I think were just going to go about the week like a normal week but not a normal week at all. Since the COVID thing my shop has added a second shift. A few of our people would alternate between day shift and afternoon shift. Our secretary would come out on Thursdays and tell us who would be on afternoons the following week. This lasted about a month till a few of the people threw almost literal tantrums and demanded to be on steady dayshift. A few refused saying they would quit before being put on afternoon shift. It became a nuisance to find anyone who wouldn't give him a hard time. I opt in to doing the steady afternoons so my bosses wouldn't have to hear the crying from these grown men. Everyone got to go about their days like normal folk and I didn't have to listen to bitching. So for the past 2 and a half months I have been hanging with the Mrs. for roughly 30 mins between 8:30am and 9am, Mon-Fri, when she would curl up beside me and semi wake me up. Ive been working 3pm-11pm her schedule is 10pm till 8am. We had Saturday and Sunday but that's not really enough for either of us. Its been kind of nice just seeing her sleep though. No nagging about anything! This week that all changed. So many of our people at work were bitching that it became only two of us working the afternoon shift. I finally put my foot down last week and said we had enough. It was stupid to keep only two of us segregated. This week my buddy and I were put back on day shift with the others and now I have my normal 5pm-9pm time with the Mrs. (sorry for the wordy reply)

Maybe I can talk her into checking out the Nelson Ledges thing this weekend. Maybe ill hold off for a minute or two and scope out the scene before flying my Juggalo flag. Maybe I should just stick a hatchetman in the ground and let the pieces fall where they may. 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Larrylet, organic cbd gummies, HelenSkits, Jamhajk

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845