April 25, 2024
103 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
No more Millionaires..?
August 5, 2012
2:03 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Bleh, maybe I just shouldn't worry about this shit.

there it is, yo.  id give you a dap, but its the internet. 

on the topic of the millionairesses, of whom i know nothing, anybody else wantin to peep their show?  for non-hater reasons, i mean. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 5, 2012
2:32 am
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11702

MmmmBrainz said:

How many times to I have to say it. It's not called getting Tila'd ... It's called getting sparxxxd .... Fucking newbalos.

;)

Seriously ... It's called Sparxxxed.

ive heard of the bubba sparxx award but ive never heard the term "sparxxed"

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

August 5, 2012
3:09 am
Mykal86
Members
Forum Posts: 358

I think the Tila'd term comes from it being a female being harmed…..Juvenile got the "bubba sparxxx award" last year. Millionaires would've gotten Tila'd this year.

August 5, 2012
3:41 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

both concepts are dumb.  the harming females bit much more so.

let me break it down... 

if you think the millionettes deserve to be 'tilad,' youre a punk bitch.

if you think TILA deserved to get 'tilad,' youre a punk bitch.

if you think that 'tilaing' the bands is the thing to do at the gathering, youre a fuckin punk bitch.

and if you think im wrong, fuckin throw somethin at me.  cuz ill fuck you right the fuck up for it, whether i deserved it or not...  punk...  bitch.

basicly, to all the 'tilaers,' quit actin like chauvinistic fratboy bastards.  especially toward any females, you dumbass pussies.

August 5, 2012
3:44 am
VoiceNameless
VoiceNameless
732, NJ
Members
Forum Posts: 307

A lot of good view points in these posts, and I understand from both ends. Yes, every listed attraction is paid to be at GOTJ (I think the under-underground kids get the bone though, lol) but since "Juggalos" in general have become more of a trendy, faddish topic ranging from imitation to mockery and everything in between, performing acts (I'll use The Game as the example since it was already brought up) like The Game once proposed with the opportunity to play The Gathering have the freedom of choice to accept or decline that offer. Now, in this scenario The Game agreed, and regardless of his reason, is going to get paid for his services as an artist. Sure, there's a huge possibility that he jumped on the opportunity just for a quick buck like others have admitted they've done in the past, or because of the recent FBI happening within our culture leading to us being labeled a national gang, and with how hard they push him being blood could be doing it to try and show others of the Hip Hop community who obsess over shit characteristics like this in artists that he's a tough ass G who isn't afraid to reach out to the "other gangs" (such bullshit they did that to us) with this reputation for being propelled/influenced by "violent lyrics of murder and mutilation" so on and so on. What's the flip side? Maybe he caught wind of us a while back and just knew he was in a different league of 'popularity' and wouldn't be accepted from gate, but after being addressed by someone in our league (Hopsin) realized his music might have a shot, digs what we're about enough to be like "hell yeah I wanna fuck with these kids!" and decided to roll with it. Who fuckin knows.

My point though, is both aspects are 100% realistic and possible with any artist that decides to play a GOTJ, and regardless of why they are there, if even a handful of the people in attendance want to watch that performance they have the right to enjoy the show without a bunch of scumfucks throwing shit. I was ready to break teeth with my folding chair when that shit with Method Man happened. It was nearly a dream come true for me to see Redman invited into our world and one hell of a treat that he was draggin Method Man along with him, and because of one asshole I almost missed one of the main reasons I drove 16 hours from NJ to IL? Fuuuuuuck you dude! If that was you on stage, you'd be pretty fuckin pissed off!! Show the talent that comes and performs for your entertainment the same respect you would want given to you in that situation. And regardless, really think about that shit, how the fuck does that make you/us look? Like you can only be one way or no way within our culture? Fuck that shit as well!!! That's sending out the message that all of us really are a general stereotype deserving of the mockery we receive from "outsiders" when they generalize how we act, what we enjoy, and the type of music we embrace. These "mainstream" acts (most of which are actually independent, underground acts now) that come perform have laid the footsteps for super dope appearances from dudes like Busta Rhymes, DMX. Ice Cube, and MC Hammer (fuck you his show was awesome! lol) to name a few that stick out in my mind. Be grateful for the work that's being put in and regardless of why these artists are there, enjoy the show people! ;)

Much Love!

August 5, 2012
10:41 am
MmmmBrainz
MmmmBrainz
Members
Forum Posts: 548

Skrate up.

August 5, 2012
1:28 pm
Bobbo Tokes
Bobbo Tokes
Members
Forum Posts: 237

Kinda sad a thread about the millionaires is the most interesting topic on fl.com but theres alot of good points to it. Me personally I wont be watching the game or dmx or master p or static x for that matter, but it doesnt mean I'm gonna pelt them with rocks. Fuck to me that the perfect time to go smoke a fat one and bang my fiance and our girlfriend during their sets or hit the rides up when were tanked.

Yeah at one rate I think it should be the underground acts that rep the gathering like in the old days, but at another rate bigger acts equals bigger gatherings with more stuff to do, because of added revenue. I hope this gathering is dope since its the first one I've got to go to since the 2nd gotj, but for my girls it will be that much fresher, cause its their first gathering even if they have been to alot of regular shows, gotj is a different breed from the rest.

The thing for me that I'm most looking forward to at gotj is mdp dropping and jcw tryouts so we can show what we can add to the hatchet. If there is someone I dont like onstage I'm deffinently not gonna let it ruin my time while I'm there, way to many other things to pass the time and have fun. mcl

August 5, 2012
4:22 pm
Guests

LMAO damn, you guys don't gotta flip shit on me (OP) like that. I've got some personal beef with them and would get a good laugh out of seeing them run off the stage, completely terrified. I didn't mean throw the same stuff they threw at Tila. Throwing actual SHIT at someone is down right fuckin' nasty, yo. Things like empty faygo bottles and water balloons is where I was headed with that. When I say 'Tila'd', I usually mean scare a bitch out of there. Guess it's more of a local term with my homies in the city lol

Seriously though, how the fuck is this the most interesting topic on here? Get the hell off of the internet and get packed! Only a few days left, ninjas! 

Whoop whoop!

August 5, 2012
4:36 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11702

lol whats your personal beef with them?

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

August 5, 2012
5:15 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

if your beef is personal, why havent you handled up already?  need a five thousand to two advantage first? 

and for the sake of you getting a good laugh, the rest of us are supposed to do what?  go along with it?  scare bitches [and settle beef] by yourself, on your own time, like the rest of us.

refer to my last post. 

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
97 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845