May 13, 2024
56 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
Must bring items to bring to my first Gathering
April 13, 2016
11:29 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

dood said
dude tha first festival I ever went to scarred me for life with those damn port-o-johns. I didn't shit for the entire four days we were there.

All u people complaining about the port o potties sound like u ride on high horses. Have u never went camping prior to the gathering. And cryin about hills and dirt/rocky roads is just ridiculous, we used to walk around our grounds that was dirt roads wit craters at night and had no problems. Shit for the last year and a half i walked an hour to and from (each way) work thru negative degrees and snow here in cleveland.

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Split
April 14, 2016
9:27 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
Any1 ever use a sleeping bag wit a foam pad instead of a air mattress. I dont like air mattresses and i feel a pad would work better than the hassle of an air mattress. Any insight would be helpful. I do toss and turn in my sleep mostly cuz of my herniated disc. I just got my tent next up is sleeping bag and sum kinda ground protection. Its only a couple of days which aint shit to me regardless but id rather spend my money on sumtin worthwhile.

Dude just bring a tarp sleep on it u pansy.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

April 14, 2016
9:48 am
dood
Members
Forum Posts: 335

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

dood said
dude tha first festival I ever went to scarred me for life with those damn port-o-johns. I didn't shit for the entire four days we were there.

All u people complaining about the port o potties sound like u ride on high horses. Have u never went camping prior to the gathering. And cryin about hills and dirt/rocky roads is just ridiculous, we used to walk around our grounds that was dirt roads wit craters at night and had no problems. Shit for the last year and a half i walked an hour to and from (each way) work thru negative degrees and snow here in cleveland.

sorry dude that shit is gross. id rather stay on my high horse than shit in those port-a-johns.

Whoop Whoop dood :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 14, 2016
10:26 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8182

A dealer at Hogrock had a pool set up in Ballas with floaty toys in it and he was "dripping in bitches." Just putting it out there.

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

April 14, 2016
12:05 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Well I guess we just found our Meetup runner with 'ol Sparky here! He'll get us our ice and 20+ gallon shower bags filled in no time! Hills, rocks, people, alcohol, sleep, sun exposure be damned!

[Do you even Gather?]

In my day we didn't HAVE internet and regional hotel access or air conditioning in an RV... we Gathered in lean-tos made of milk jugs and cardboard and cooled off in a lake named after an STD....

Oh wait... you were gonna tell us how deep the snow was when you had to walk 10miles everyday to get to school...

ninjaya-rightninja

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 14, 2016
12:20 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Cheshyr said

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Well I guess we just found our Meetup runner with 'ol Sparky here! He'll get us our ice and 20+ gallon shower bags filled in no time! Hills, rocks, people, alcohol, sleep, sun exposure be damned!

[Do you even Gather?]

In my day we didn't HAVE internet and regional hotel access or air conditioning in an RV... we Gathered in lean-tos made of milk jugs and cardboard and cooled off in a lake named after an STD....

Oh wait... you were gonna tell us how deep the snow was when you had to walk 10miles everyday to get to school...

ninjaya-rightninja

Ive been poor and camped most my life, atleast 20 years. I basically lived in the woods, making bmx jumps or just exploring. Nowadays one of my hobbies is mycology, thats the study of mushrooms. Hills, sun, dirt roads im accustomed to.  Air conditioning and internet are things i never had. I guess ur just hating cuz i can carry my weight around. But ill be damned if ill be the workin mule for people who are lazy and eat doritos all day. Just cuz sum1 is able to find sumthings easier to do than others doesnt give u da right to take advantage of that person 4 ur own personal gain.

April 14, 2016
1:12 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8182

Cheshyr said 

...Oh wait... you were gonna tell us how deep the snow was when you had to walk 10miles everyday to get to school...

Uphill. Both ways. I love this show.

Escher.png

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

May 4, 2016
1:04 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Just like most festivals, location is KEY with the potties there. 

Where FLH camp was posted didn't have a lot of stopping traffic so those bathrooms were pretty nice (you know...relatively speaking) but the ones by the ticket trailers were terrible. A nice mix of music festival/weekend long camping trip/scrubs just being scrubs/and druggy had been in there before me thousands of times over and you could smell every one of them. There's a difference between a high horse and saying that you don't want to, literally, sit in someone else's shit. 

As far as the rocks and shit, I had heard stories about this spot before I went and, eh, some of them seem pretty exaggerated. If you've ever been on a light hike, you're straight. Just wear good shoes/socks. 

The one that doesn't seem to get enough complaining is the dust. A dirt path baked in months of sun is a dust path. Top that with golf carts kicking the shit up and sometimes you can't see anything in front of you. Not to mention I was blowing mud out of my nose for about a month. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
38 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix, PeterCak, Rolanddaurl

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845