May 14, 2024
35 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
Must bring items to bring to my first Gathering
April 6, 2016
10:46 am
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Much obliged fam. Forum village huh?... Lemme kno.

Whoop Whoop Split :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 6, 2016
2:42 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Split1open said
Much obliged fam. Forum village huh?... Lemme kno.

rite that sounds sweet

April 6, 2016
5:59 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members

I wanna tryn set up in the missing link camp ground.

April 6, 2016
9:02 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

90% of people on this page are going "next year"! always gonna be "next year"!

Whoop Whoop wonka69 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

April 6, 2016
9:23 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members

I'm 100% goin yo. My shits paid for.

Whoop Whoop Split :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 6, 2016
9:37 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

you gather, wonka? 

i only ask, cuz for all that you speak on it, as far as anyone here knows... you dont. 

and i been keepin a keen eye out for you.  for years.  nothin. 

maybe you like to keep it incognito.  thats cool.

but to dog someone for not gathering, when at the same time you are yourself secretly gathering in hiding...  not a good look. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 6, 2016
9:50 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members

yup! I gather! all the way from Novi, Toledo, Peori, Crystal Forest, Mud Field, Hog Rock...!

April 6, 2016
9:54 pm
Rosco
Rosco
Members
Forum Posts: 569

Whoop Whoop Rosco :

Psyral, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 6, 2016
9:57 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

wonka69 said
yup! I gather! all the way from Novi, Toledo, Peori, Crystal Forest, Mud Field, Hog Rock...!

good.  thats good.  even though i dont see a legend valley in that list.  still good. 

so...  show up at a fuckin meetup massacre, already!!! 

or just get at me when no ones lookin, if thats how you roll.  im easy to find. 

but do that.  seriously.  for real. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

April 10, 2016
9:40 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

So, just in case there IS a forum village being planned that isn't being publicly discussed...someone hit me up!  mcl

also...plans for the line...anyone?  

Whoop Whoop JC :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 10, 2016
9:56 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

JC said
So, just in case there IS a forum village being planned that isn't being publicly discussed...someone hit me up!  mcl

Last year we had a baby faygo village. All by chance too. I think like five or six of us got together. Who knows man i have a feeling its going to be overly packed and all plans will be thrown out the window. Unless we all storm the gates together. I dunno ive only been there once im sure some of these other ninjas have a better idea. But i aint trippin about it really.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

April 10, 2016
10:12 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members

a must bring item? my 45! blam!

April 10, 2016
10:13 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

JC said

if theres gonna be sumn like this, im guessin itll be put together here.  probably in its own thread, or maybe the 2016 meetup massacre thread that dont exist yet, but somewhere in the forum. 

ha! 

i plan to stand around grousing until i got my shit. 

literally anything else i might try to plan for it probably aint gonna happen. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

April 10, 2016
10:17 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

wonka69 said
a must bring item? my 45! blam!

you, or pretty much anyone else, brings a firearm to gathering...  and it becomes known to me... 

...ima dedicate a lot of my time to gettin it. 

and ima have it. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

April 10, 2016
10:23 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

scruffy said

Awe, but planning for the gathering is where all the fun is

I plan to get the exact same perfect camping spot that I did two years ago (last year's plans to get it fell through).  And I plan on playing juggalo family feud, because my plans to play last year never panned out.  I also plan on not getting the plague this year, because taking vitamins and airborne in the past has always saved me (not).  

April 10, 2016
10:44 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

JC said

scruffy said

Awe, but planning for the gathering is where all the fun is

I plan to get the exact same perfect camping spot that I did two years ago (last year's plans to get it fell through).  And I plan on playing juggalo family feud, because my plans to play last year never panned out.  I also plan on not getting the plague this year, because taking vitamins and airborne in the past has always saved me (not).  

I plan on just getting there with the supplies I need and getting in whatever line I need to as early as I need to so I can set up camp on day 1 and not day 2. I plan on actually showing up at whatever meet up there is this year. Maybe there will be a day 0 meet up for anyone getting there early. Hopefully I will be able to get on the site. I remember when I arrived on day 0 I was able to post on the site in the morning but then either my connection took a poop or the site was down later on. But if none of that happens I just plan on gathering and not worrying about shit. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 12, 2016
6:17 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Okay, real talk (do people still say that?).

...and this is just MY perspective...

But there is NOTHING you can bring with you to the Gathering that will make you feel like you are just the most velvet rope crossin', Baller of all Ballas.... than having your own place to take a shit. I'm not even playin'.

If you've never Gathered or if you've never been to any other kinda camp-in festival, you have NO IDEA what awaits you inside of those Port-O-Potties. It can get downright UNHOLY! Like the whole place sold their ass to the devil! BUT....! (pun?)

If you go in on the "expense" of picking up a shower/"privacy" tent, get a paint bucket from Home Depot (up to you if you wanna save a dollar and get their orange colored one with their logo on it that says in big letters, "LET'S DO THIS!"), and a toilet seat from the camping section of Wal-Mart.... - I'm fuckin' TELLIN' YOU!!!!....-  After you have experienced to pure HORROR you WILL encounter at simply having to enter a Port o' Crapper just to take a piss (whether you stand or "hover"), you WILL know the pure mental state of knowing that will not have to touch ANY part of your body to the toilet seat of an Andromeda Strain waiting to attach itself to your bits and pieces! I shit you not.

It's an odd sensation of mixed emotions; on the one hand feeling oh so sorry for anyone that should have a need to use those things (but more like in the same way richies might feel bad for people that can't afford "premium seats" at a ballgame), and on the other, is the blessed relief of knowing that you don't have to "make the decision".

Pro-Tips: Kitty Litter. Pick up a small bag of kitty litter and after you've but the bag in the bucket, pour a small amount in to line the bottom. It helps collect "liquids" so that when you have to get rid of it you aren't running the risk of tearing the bag and getting piss directly everywhere. It also gives the bag a bit more weight so it doesn't look like you're carrying a bag of shit to the trash. Also don't stress over getting bio-friendly bags. You're not out in the woods where no one will ever be again. There's no bears. But I SERIOUSLY recommend getting BLACK OPAQUE (NOT SEE-THROUGH) bags! Gross.

Also, don't LEAVE it in there! Unless you're in a group and you're all going one after the other, once yer done, throw that shit out! Do NOT let it bake in a bucket all day while yer out doing whatever. Whether your seat has a lid or not. That shit will stick to every molecule of the plastic in the bucket and the fibers of whatever tarp/tent thing yer using long after you've walked up a hill to get rid of it. And it wouldn't hurt to bring some FeBreeze/car air fresheners to hang/matches...

Oh it WILL happen! After a few Stoner Bowls and a gut full or chicken and pork... you WILL need to "take some time". It's up to YOU where you want that event to happen. Now... some people can deal with that stuff. Some people have to deal with worse in their real lives and as long as there's nothing wet or smeared they're... good to go... I'm not like that.

My first year, I somehow managed to magically NOT have to take a shit until the last day and managed to luck out and get to the crappers shortly after they had been hosed out... last year I had a rough start involving a "potty emergency" but throughout the week, I was grinning from ear to ear every time I walked by those shitters without a sense of crawling DREAD from the stench coming from them.

[roll for constitution]

vomitvomitvomitzombie

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 12, 2016
7:45 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8183

Cheshyr said
Okay, real talk (do people still say that?).

...and this is just MY perspective...

But there is NOTHING you can bring with you to the Gathering that will make you feel like you are just the most velvet rope crossin', Baller of all Ballas.... than having your own place to take a shit. I'm not even playin'.

Word.

We learned about this amazingness from a Boy Scout troop leader:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stan.....t/16224801

CampingToilet.jpgImage Enlarger

It came with liners, and now we use black Contractor Bags from Walmart (they don't leak.)

cool

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

April 12, 2016
8:41 am
dood
Members
Forum Posts: 335

dude tha first festival I ever went to scarred me for life with those damn port-o-johns. I didn't shit for the entire four days we were there.

Whoop Whoop dood :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 13, 2016
11:18 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Any1 ever use a sleeping bag wit a foam pad instead of a air mattress. I dont like air mattresses and i feel a pad would work better than the hassle of an air mattress. Any insight would be helpful. I do toss and turn in my sleep mostly cuz of my herniated disc. I just got my tent next up is sleeping bag and sum kinda ground protection. Its only a couple of days which aint shit to me regardless but id rather spend my money on sumtin worthwhile.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
33 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Peepeesucker, Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845