May 21, 2024
27 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
It's important to note the difference between "Over Dose" and "Tripping Too Hard"
August 12, 2013
4:18 pm
Stalkz
Members
Forum Posts: 277
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm compelled to make this post because I think the common misconception that there were "ten overdoses" at the gathering is very damaging to attendees and would-be attendees of the event. Not so much the outside world, because large alternative gatherings are commonly accepted as "places to go and get fucked up" and everyone (adults in the real world) is generally OK with that. Of course it will be reported on, but it's reported when any of these events occurs.

The only difference between GOTJ and Electric Daisy Carnival is that GOTJ doesn't self-identify specifically as a "drug culture" while an EDM event does. Which brings me further to my point; It's fine if you don't like drugs, or being around people who are on drugs, but there's a lot of "GOOD! Thin out those fuckin junkies!" or "So depressing/pathetic that this is what the gathering has come to" and "Good that fucking drug bridge needs to close down!" going on around here and in the general community and all that does is create unnecessarily aggressive divisions where peaceful divisions already exist. 

There's a "drug bridge" at the Gathering. Ok, that's great! So everyone who wants to do that can go to their own area for it and keep it centralized and away from YOU. 

Now of course, you can't stop drug users from going where ever and being a general nuisance now and again (if you perceive them that way), but you can't stop people from showing their ugly man tits or starting chants right by your tent even though you've got a headache or a hangover or are trying to sleep because it's 6am. You can't ever do anything about annoying people, because people are fucking annoying. Even juggalos. I'm sure some of you would even say, especially juggalos. But that's the point, we hate everyone, but we at least are supposed to share the common interest of giving others the courtesy of not interfering with the way they want to live, in return for them not interfering with you. 

With all that in mind, these are the facts. 

A junky died. Whether he was down or not, whether he was old or young, from Illinois or Canada or whatever, a Heroin Addict died from complications related to Heroin overdose at the Gathering. It's unfortunate that that occurred, for him and those who may have loved him, but that's all that happened. An individual on a poor life path met an unfortunate fate during an event attended by enough people for such a statistical inevitability to occur (the mighty death poop is real =-o).

Other than that, ten juggalos were reported to have tripped too hard, vocally. I'm sure many others tripped way too hard, quietly. 
If you didn't die on a psychedelic, you didn't overdose.
I'm not saying that 25i is a safe drug by any means, but regardless of how much of a nuisance these individuals became, even if they required EMT intervention, the only thing that a medical professional would've done for them is give them a Benzodiazapine and something for vasoconstriction to make the rest of the experience easier, which could just as easily have been implemented by any intelligent juggalo/attendee. 

Thinking that "a bunch of idiots OD'd at the gathering" creates a false image of what actually occurred with an overly negative view of substance use. Teenagers on psychedelics are pretty fucking annoying, especially when they're scared and think "there's no way this is just the drug I must be dying", but so are juggalos. So are everybody. If you can't get with that, music festivals might not be for you.

August 12, 2013
4:22 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

smile dead bodies make me happy ! smile

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

August 12, 2013
4:22 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

Thanks, I was discussing this with my wife just yesterday. The word overdosed is overused. In its proper use it refers to a death. It's like people getting shocked and saying "I was electrocuted".  

August 12, 2013
4:23 pm
Stalkz
Members

wonka69 said
smile dead bodies make me happy ! smile

Ay my nigga if nobody died it wudn't a party 

Guest said 
Thanks, I was discussing this with my wife just yesterday. The word overdosed is overused. In its proper use it refers to a death. It's like people getting shocked and saying "I was electrocuted".  

I get so frustrated I practically start sweating when people say shit like "overdosed on lsd". Like oh word, really? So you defied science? or did you just have an experience you weren't ready/looking for ;)

August 12, 2013
4:26 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717

It really is a fine line. Over dose can have multiple meanings. you can take 5 tylenols when you are only supposed to take two and that is technically over dosing. Taking three perc tens is over dosing. Really we over dose pretty much every time we are tryna get folded.

August 12, 2013
4:35 pm
Stalkz
Members

Slumerican502 said
It really is a fine line. Over dose can have multiple meanings. you can take 5 tylenols when you are only supposed to take two and that is technically over dosing. Taking three perc tens is over dosing. Really we over dose pretty much every time we are tryna get folded.

With Opiates, Benzodiazapines, Amphetamines, NSAIDs, Analgesics and loads of other classifications of drugs, this is true. 

With Psychedelics, however, it is not the case. Overdose refers to taking something in quantities greater than are recommended or generally practiced. There is no recommended or generally practiced quantity of any psychedelic advised medically to the public, so the concept of "overdose" is non sequitur. A dealer saying "I'll only sell you two" is not "generally practiced" or "recommended", because he doesn't have the authority or knowledge to make that decision. 

Psychedelics that have physical negative consequences (like death) don't cause/aren't precipitated by "overdosing", but simply "taking a fatal dose", which did not occur at the gathering. These words have very specific legal and medical meanings/ramifications, and they ought not be taken out of context.

There was only *one* overdose at the gathering, and it was from Diacetylmorphine.

August 12, 2013
4:43 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717
August 12, 2013
9:50 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

dude that died was an "elite juggalo" !

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

August 13, 2013
12:55 am
Stalkz
Members

wonka69 said
dude that died was an "elite juggalo" !

Big deal, so were the cops and EMTs who took him away if they were at the gathering.

August 13, 2013
1:13 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

So, are you saying that Someone can't overdose and live? Because there are people that SHOULD be dead, or have been brought back by medical science. Would they not have been considered "overdosed"? (Does that grammar make sense?)

August 13, 2013
1:53 am
Stalkz
Members

piggofdoom said
So, are you saying that Someone can't overdose and live? Because there are people that SHOULD be dead, or have been brought back by medical science. Would they not have been considered "overdosed"? (Does that grammar make sense?)

No, I'm saying that the term "overdose" has nothing to do with what happened to the people who were having bad experiences with 25i. 

The recommended dose for a substance is based on factors like LD50, known potential damage, and lowest effective dosage. These sort of things simply do not exist for most psychedelics. A few examples where it could apply are LSD, which before being banned, was very heavily researched, as well as Psilocybin, MDMA, MDA, DMT and some others. These substances do have recommended doses but for example, LSD does have recommended doses to achieve particular effects, there is *no potential for overdose* on LSD. Not only because there's no known level at which LSD becomes toxic or harmful (or "poisonous"), but because taking more only strengthens the effects (until you reach full saturation). Taking a tenstrip of acid that would've made you trip on two isn't "overdosing", it's taking more. MDMA on the other hand could potentially lead to stroke, seizure, palpitations, and other methy issues of that sort, but those lines are all theoretical and based on scattered science drawn from things like meta-studies (overviews of pre-existing data to find a trend; i/e meaningless). If you take so much E that you die, people will use the colloquially understood term "overdosed", but the fact is, medical science recommends that you do not take MDMA, not how much you should take. You also still won't be dying from taking MDMA. You'd be dying because of whatever it catalyzed, such as the stroke or whatever, meaning that it could have occured to you under other conditions that were equally stressful. So, if "overdosing" is predicated on exceeding the recommended dosage, then it can not apply to drugs with no recommended dosage. Further though, even in a medical setting if you were getting MDMA treatment, say their standard dose was a tenth (100mg) but they found out the person receiving it was a hardcore e-tard and ended up having him rip through a gram. They wouldn't say they "overdosed" him they just gave him more of the drug. The exact same thing applies to 25i, but even more so because it hasn't had the same research as other drugs. If every amount you take is an "overdose", then there is no overdose, ya dig?

See, I'm not talking about whether overdosing has to do with living or dying (it doesn't). I'm saying that the term is not applicable in these circumstances because they are words with specific meanings that refer to entirely separate fields. It's like saying your ipod gets 2,000 songs to the gallon; the measurement is unrelated to what's being measured. 

Here's a monkey wrench for you; even if the heroin addict didn't die, or was revived, it would still be an overdose. Overdosing doesn't equal death, just exceeding the recommended dose (which is often accompanied by exacerbated negative side effects, which can lead to death with some drugs).

August 13, 2013
2:00 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members

Makes sense to me, but just remember: usage trumps rules. Linguistics shows us that language always changes towards popular usage over "correctness" 

August 13, 2013
6:05 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1200

THERE IS A FEW CASES OF LSD OVERDOSES, HOWEVER RARE, THEY HAVE HAPPENED. ONE I KNOW OF IS A GUY WHO MISTOOK CRYSTALLIZED LSD FOR METH AND SHOT UP AN 8 BALL. 

AND I THINK MOST OF THE N-BOMB "OVERDOSES" LEAD TO SEIZURES AND SHIT, NOT JUST  "TRIPPING TOO HARD". N-BOMB CAN CAUSE DEATH, AS IM SURE ANYONE WHO READ THE INFO ABOUT IT NOTICED. 

August 13, 2013
6:11 am
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

I am going need a source/link on that 1/8th ounce of LSD fairy tale buddy.

August 13, 2013
10:37 am
Stalkz
Members

Sorry I'm on my phone so I can't quote people right;

Piggofdoom, I know, it's a battle I'm constantly fighting :( I REFUSE TO ACCEPT "SPELT" AS CORRECT >:o

Masterweedo, that's a blatant lie. I don't care what happens to "some guy you know". But more importantly, you're still skirting my actual issue. Whether they had seizures or not, they still didn't overdose, because the recommended dose of 25i is ZERO. Again, if every dose is overdose, then there is no overdose. I didn't say that "overdose = death". In my OP, "if you didn't die on psychedelics you didn't od" may have given that impression, but it was a catch phrase to center where I was at in the post. Even if you DID die on psychedelics, you didn't overdose. You can't overdose on a drug that has no established safe and unsafe dose. 

August 13, 2013
11:02 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members

Stalkz said

Piggofdoom, I know, it's a battle I'm constantly fighting :( I REFUSE TO ACCEPT "SPELT" AS CORRECT >:o

Masterweedo, that's a blatant lie. I don't care what happens to "some guy you know". But more importantly, you're still skirting my actual issue. Whether they had seizures or not, they still didn't overdose, because the recommended dose of 25i is ZERO. Again, if every dose is overdose, then there is no overdose. I didn't say that "overdose = death". In my OP, "if you didn't die on psychedelics you didn't od" may have given that impression, but it was a catch phrase to center where I was at in the post. Even if you DID die on psychedelics, you didn't overdose. You can't overdose on a drug that has no established safe and unsafe dose. 

And unfortunately, it is a battle you are going to lose :/ there are still things I am a stickler on (your, you're; the "There"s) but if you do a little bit of a reading in linguistics you'll see how it is inevitable that language will change in the way people use it, not according to the rules. That's why language is different from Shakespeare's time, and why he could make up a shitload of words and they are still used.

August 13, 2013
7:36 pm
Stalkz
Members

piggofdoom said

Stalkz said

And unfortunately, it is a battle you are going to lose :/ there are still things I am a stickler on (your, you're; the "There"s) but if you do a little bit of a reading in linguistics you'll see how it is inevitable that language will change in the way people use it, not according to the rules. That's why language is different from Shakespeare's time, and why he could make up a shitload of words and they are still used.

I've been thinking about it, and have come to the conclusion that I can't argue with this. If it weren't for usage vs. meaning I wouldn't use almost any of the awesome words I use now (like nigga, bitch, ho, faggot, weed, madd..) and then my life would be bland as fuck. 

So in consideration of this, I change my original message: 
Y'all niggas should just chill out and not get so hyphy about teenagers taking too much of a stupid drug. People like fucking with their brains, and we all have a natural tendency to thin out the herd. People die. It's not gonna stop the gathering. It doesn't stop anything. Be happy you weren't in that position and move on. 

If it was me I'd be more worried about Lake Hepatitis than Drug Bridge.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
36 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

eoykoz, JamesGof, cbd recovery, calos58050, ridig85083

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845