May 21, 2024
27 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
gathering turn out
September 5, 2013
4:39 pm
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members
Forum Posts: 549
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This gathering seemed to have a low turnout , anyone have an attendance number by chance? And maybe attendance of past gatherings.

From tadpoles to frogs to Jesus to legends.

September 6, 2013
8:01 am
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845

Frog said
This gathering seemed to have a low turnout , anyone have an attendance number by chance? And maybe attendance of past gatherings.

They really don't ever publicize that, but I'd guess less than 5K.  Psychopathic's go-to number is "10,000", but I haven't heard any talk of this year's turnout.  

September 6, 2013
8:10 am
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

prp^This. That data is not public. They usually say around 10,000 but by all accounts attendance was down this year. To bad, I was hoping the experiment of a low budget Gathering would pay off for them. I personally don't give any fucks about the more mainstream acts or the 90's rap throw backs they have been focusing on for main stage performers. After this years turnout, not so sure Rise of the Underground is going be the new thing.

September 6, 2013
12:05 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

I still think they just don't talk it up early enough. If they could make announcements earlier about who would be performing and what events they would have, it would give more time for people who are on the fence to request time off and save up money. When they don't announce anything until a month in advance, that might be too late for a lot of people to make a decision.

-Jules

September 6, 2013
12:20 pm
Members

If your on the fence about GOTJ until they announce the performers then maybe you should just chill on that side of the fence. Seriously, You know GOTJ will be next year in August... hows that for some early hype? The Juggalos will be there and PSY acts will play, what more do you need to help you make your decision? Just stay home.

September 6, 2013
12:24 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001

90% of the ppl i met this year were first timers, maybe all the vets r just bored of it or need somethin new (more high profile lineups) to go

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

September 6, 2013
12:47 pm
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845

Yeah, I met a ton of newbies this year too...but I do every year. Who knows what the breakdown of vets vs rookies is.  I do agree with @verytwiztidraven though.  This year they dropped the ball on getting the word out about everything goin' down.  The infomercial obviously has no bearing on whether or not I go, but it probably does for a lot of people...especially first-timers.  If you are on the fence about going to your first gathering, and you see that the gathering comes off as an after-thought even to the label putting it together, then maybe you wait for the 15th annual.

That's not to say that Psychopathic didn't bust their asses putting this one together.  I'm just saying that the public perception looks that way.  I think they are going to pull out all the stops next year though.  It's the 15th annual! They've GOT to do SOMETHING special, right?

September 6, 2013
12:50 pm
Members

For sure.

September 6, 2013
8:26 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

If that was a subpar gathering, i cant fuckin wait for next year

September 6, 2013
9:08 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9045

LTB said

That's the spirit, homie! Gotta love this guy

September 6, 2013
9:15 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

Old Mr Dangerous said

LTB said

That's the spirit, homie! Gotta love this guy

Thanks homie lol much luv

September 8, 2013
1:19 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members

Guest said
If your on the fence about GOTJ until they announce the performers then maybe you should just chill on that side of the fence. Seriously, You know GOTJ will be next year in August... hows that for some early hype? The Juggalos will be there and PSY acts will play, what more do you need to help you make your decision? Just stay home.

This year was of particular concern to a lot of people because of the Twiztid and Blaze situation. I heard more than one person say that if Twiztid wasn't going to be there (hence no Twiztid, no Dark Lotus and no Rydas) that they wouldn't go. So if they wait until a month in advance to announce that they will be there, that info is just too late for some people to make plans. Not everyone has it like that, and not everyone can plan a year in advance.

Seems like by April or May, you should know which of your main acts will be there or not (Twiztid, Blaze, Tech N9ne, KMK, hed(PE), anyone else on Strange or Sub Noize). Just go ahead and announce those so people can say "Ok, we know that it will be all the Psy acts plus these people, so lets definitely plan on going."

-Jules

September 8, 2013
1:37 am
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Quite well put Jules...I agree wholeheartedly...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

September 8, 2013
1:42 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

VeryTwiztidRaven said
see above.

i also agree, but im actually more interested in which juggalos that i know and love are going to be there.  between them and the usual suspects on main stage, im not planning on missing the gathering unless i have no choice.  

everything else is icing on the cake.  or ice cream on the pie, if you will.  

2013 wasnt as big of a spectacle as 2012, but it was hardly desterted.  i did a fast crowd count during icps set and came up with 4,500; last year the count came up around 6,000.  i dont think any gathering that ive been to has been even close to breaking 10,000.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

September 8, 2013
4:53 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members

^ Very true also. Even if I had to go alone, I know I'll make friends along the way. But it's definitely nice to know in advance if you're gonna have a big crew to hang with. And if those random peeps that you've met in previous years will be there or not.

-Jules

September 8, 2013
5:21 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

U shoulda meetup massacred with us jules :(, next year tho eh?

September 8, 2013
10:25 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members

^ Well I was busy and I forgot. haha And y'all all knew where my camp was going to be and how to find it, and not a one of you came and found me! Not to mention that I don't know what anyone looks like, so I couldn't just bump into you and know who you were.

-Jules

September 9, 2013
12:12 am
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members

Some of you seem to forget that before a few years ago the lineup was only released a month before the gathering. When the infomercials started coming out is when they started releasing earlier. And honestly @verytwiztidraven if all you're waiting for is to hear that sub/strange/psy acts are going to be there you can book your fucking ticket the day after the last one ends. We all know they will be there, the rest of us wait to hear the real lineup. This year sucked, and it came a little late regardless. I wouldn't put money on the twiztid/blaze situation if my life depended on it. When they finally released the list it just blew bags of fat hairy dicks. 

Nearly everybody that was mainstage/second stage I can go see at a city near me with no problem. Because those acts do 100 shows a year. What I want to see are those long forgotten acts that don't tour, or those mainstream acts that tour one month out of the year at midsize venues for some extra spending money. I feel that judging by this years attendance others feel the same way. The gathering never was a place to gain exposure, so these unheard of acts will continue to get slept on besides the 30 people that went to see them this year. And 25 of them already knew who they were. 

They may have spent a lot less this year, but they made a whole hell of a lot less on every front. I guarantee they won't pull that shit again. And the venue is fresh it isn't any more out of the way than any other previous year before hog rock. 

September 9, 2013
12:35 am
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Basically he wants to go to the gathering to see washed up 90s hip hop....im just saying...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

September 9, 2013
1:01 am
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members

And yet what you're just saying is completely wrong. Try reading what I said first. Then take your next reply, write it on a piece of paper, ball it up, and eat it. Because it's just going to be shit either way. HAYOOOO

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
49 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

JamesGof, cbd recovery, calos58050, ridig85083, Williammal

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845