March 29, 2024
86 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
Gathering Questions
February 4, 2013
5:22 pm
S.W.I.T.C.H.
S.W.I.T.C.H.
Members
Forum Posts: 86
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

JuggaloJ said:

I have to say I really wish they would let us rent golf carts again...the years we had those it was the fuckin bomb!! But we abbused it so I guess I only have my own crew to blame for that one lol

That and Shaggy.  He's been banned all of the last 3 years I've been.  If you see him on one he's got a DD.  LOL!  Billy Bill runs a tight ship!

February 4, 2013
5:25 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717

lol I didn't get to talk to him but the dude who sold em' warned me to be careful with them. He said the dude was like "Nah man I eat shrooms all the time i'll be fine". Apparently it was some south american penis envy or something to that nature. Really potent shit

February 4, 2013
5:30 pm
RydaFoLife
Guests

Don't do the brown acid.

The blow is trash.

If you don't know what the pill is supposed to look like don't believe whatever they tell you it's called. 

Avoid Lake Hepcool

Bring water, you will NEVER have enough.

Can opener. Even if you don't need it a near by ninja WILL ask. 

Fill your tank 30 or more miles out. The only gas station even near the gathering is either closed, or "out of gas" while were there.

Everything you bring is barterable, and worth something to someone. 

A good way to make some quick spending money is to roll a few cartons of cigarettes and sell them for $5 a pack. People eat 'em up.

Always put everything not nailed down back in your car when you leave your campsite. Lock it, and take your keys. I usually bring a second set and hide them in the campsite in case I get so fucked up I lose my first set. IT HAPPENS >.<

There's a bajillion other things too. Look up the Gathering for noobs videos. 

February 4, 2013
5:35 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members

RydaFoLife said:

Fill your tank 30 or more miles out. The only gas station even near the gathering is either closed, or "out of gas" while were there.

If you are coming from the kentucky side then there is a fivestar like 5 minutes from the ferry.

February 4, 2013
5:56 pm
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members
Forum Posts: 196

Hahah well I suppose I will have to deal with DB. I'm cool as long as they are cool. & I roll my cigs anyways so I see the value in it lol. Yall are fuckin awesome, thanks for the words of wisdom. Hopefully I run into some of yall if you are going! smile 

And if anyone else has anything to say, keep the thread going bc everyone experiences it differently and I love hearing these stories and life lessons! laugh  

February 4, 2013
6:44 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

I just remember the feeling of pure juggaloness once I got settled in and situated and all. Like everything is all juggalo. If this was an actual juggalo community, 365 days of the year, this would be the shit. Drug bridge is like wall street, and I bought some shitty shitty acid and mushrooms there. I've smoked some dank buds there and bought some home for my buds (friends). You can avoid drug bridge by going towards the other small bridge. You're lucky living kinda close to the grounds. The drive is what sucks financially, and emotionally when you're coming home. Never wanted to leave.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

February 4, 2013
7:26 pm
lordzero
lordzero
Members
Forum Posts: 90

GanjaGoblin said:

The drive is what sucks financially, and emotionally when you're coming home. Never wanted to leave.

Yeah you aren't lyin dude...the car ride home is hell on the mental..especially after you've been doing god knows what and you're crashing from that. a good meal and some laughs are essential for the ride home, it's really all you have to fall back on.

February 5, 2013
10:58 am
S.W.I.T.C.H.
S.W.I.T.C.H.
Members
Forum Posts: 86

Slumerican502 said:

RydaFoLife said:

If you are coming from the kentucky side then there is a fivestar like 5 minutes from the ferry.

Coming from Louisville, KY I go US 60 to Morganfield, KY and hit up the WalMart there and take their US 60 bypass which turns into KY 3393 and runs into KY 56 to the bridge @ Old Shawneetown, IL and IL 13 to IL 1.  2010 we went to the JCW Evansville show before and came into KY in Henderson to US 60.  That route is straight as fuck I've used it the last 3 years and has plenty of gas, food, alcohol, whatever you need along the way.

February 5, 2013
11:29 am
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members

I've only been once but I just went straight down I-65 s, get off on the paducah exit then Ky 9001 w. After that I-69 and it's pretty much a straight shot. We are lucky to be so damn close

February 6, 2013
1:32 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

Things that I will not go to the Gathering without...

Sunblock - Sunburn/poisoning is a bitch. Don't get burned. This should be a no-brainer.

Rubber gloves - There is ONE sink and two showers in the entire campground, so there will be plenty of times when you'll use a port-a-potty and not be able to wash your hands. Gloves will keep your hands at least a little bit cleaner when doing your business. They're also good if you need to do something dirty like fill a torch with citronella oil or touch raw burgers going onto a grill.

Small flashlight - it can be pitch black at night, so you will need one to easily find your campsite when drunk at 4:00am.

Plenty of smokes - Cigarettes aren't too easy to find, so if you smoke, bring more than you think you will need. You can always sell extras, and people will buy them up without fail.

Some kind of light source for your camp - We used tabletop citronella torches last year and this worked well. You could also use battery operated Christmas lights or flashlights.

Trash bags - If your stuff gets wet from rain, you will want to bag up your wet stuff so it doesn't get your dry stuff all funky. Last year, after ICP, I took all of my Faygo soaked clothes and stashed them in a garbage bag for the ride home so they didn't get anything else sticky. Also, if you're walking around in mud, you can stash your muddy shoes in the trash bags so they don't get your car muddy.

Warm blankets and jackets - It can get really chilly in Hog Rock overnight. Bring a warm blanket and a jacket or hoodie, even if you don't use it. During Drive By last year, we could see our breath! Better to be over prepared than under prepared!

Baby wipes - These will let you stretch your time between showers. I shower every morning, and I still end up wiping off because I feel dirty. There's lots of dust in the air most days, so your feet and legs get gross, and dust gets in your sweat. Gross, but it's real talk. Baby wipes can be picked up at Dollar Tree and they're small, so they're worth packing even if you don't use them as well.

First aid kit - You just never know what will happen. Two years ago, I ended up injuring my ankle on the last morning. The first aid station seemed like a million miles away, so I was glad that I had something to patch me up until I could make it home.

Another thing that we learned the hard way: If you're going into Cave-in-Rock from the south, it's better to drive the long way around the Cave-in-Rock ferry than to go the shorter way and wait for the ferry. We come from Nashville, so we go from Nashville to Paducah, KY and cross the river at Metropolis, IL, then head northeast toward Golconda. If you follow Google Maps, it takes you from Nashville to Eddyville, KY then you cross the river at the ferry. On the way home in 2011, we waited for about an hour and a half for the ferry! It takes 45 extra minutes to drive around the ferry, but it's well worth it since the waits for the ferry can be monstrous.

Those are the first few tips that come to mind. If you have any other questions, just ask!

-Jules

February 6, 2013
1:49 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members

Oh, one more thing...there have been some really bad stories about ninjas getting stopped by cops during their drives in, and either getting searched or sniffed by drug dogs. DON'T SPEED. Yes, it sucks, but find the speed limit and set your cruise control exactly at it so they won't have a reason to pull you over. Make sure all your car lights work, and make sure to signal when turning. Use your common sense and don't give them any reason to stop you. I've also heard that its illegal to have things hanging from your rear view mirror in whatever county Hog Rock is in...not sure if that's true or not, but I make sure I don't have anything hanging there anyway. I have a Hatchetman on my back window, and haven't been bothered because of it, but I've never given them any other reason to stop me.

-Jules

February 6, 2013
3:11 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

good bits of advice.

id like to add, though, that trash bags are also an excellent place to put any trash you may generate. 

i say this, because not nearly enough juggalos know that. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 7, 2013
7:42 pm
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members

Scruffy you are halarious lmao. And I live in Clarksville, TN I'm pretty sure I'm on the same directions as Jules. Thanks for the advice about the ferry, I definitely don't want to be waiting for fucking ever.

February 7, 2013
9:42 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

no psy. stickers on the car ! the cops will shake you down 4 cash money. dirty bastards !

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

February 7, 2013
11:24 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members

SexyLette420 said:

Scruffy you are halarious lmao. And I live in Clarksville, TN I'm pretty sure I'm on the same directions as Jules. Thanks for the advice about the ferry, I definitely don't want to be waiting for fucking ever.

Yep! I'm in Nashville! Whoop whoop, nearby homies! :-)

I looked up Clarksville to Cave-in-Rock directions, and it looks like driving around the ferry takes half an hour longer. One round trip of the ferry is probably at least 20 minutes, so it's DEFINITELY worth driving around it. If you arrive right as the ferry opens, you could be waiting for a LONG time. Just stay on the highway until Metropolis, and it's really pretty easy to find your way from there.

-Jules

February 15, 2013
3:14 pm
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members

YAY WHOOPWHOOP :) Are there a lot of homies in Nashville? I feel like the lone wolf here lol

February 15, 2013
9:57 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members

^ There are some, but not tons. We don't get all that many underground shows coming through Nashville, so we don't all see each other as often as we'd like. But we've got a Twisted Insane show coming up that most people are planning on attending, and of course everyone will come out for Tech N9ne in May :-) If you wanna try to find "Tennessee Juggalos n lettes" on Facebook, a bunch of us are members there.

-Jules

February 15, 2013
9:59 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members

You on some twisted insane raven? He is soooo underated imo. Love his shit

February 15, 2013
10:32 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619
February 16, 2013
11:07 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members

Slumerican502 said:

You on some twisted insane raven? He is soooo underated imo. Love his shit

I've honestly not listened to him yet. But since there's a show coming up, I'm gonna grab his album and get familiar with him before the show. Even if I'm not feeling it, I like to get out and support the underground, so I'd still go to the show.

-Jules

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: sunny992
84 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

sunny992, levishang, loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845