March 28, 2024
68 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
Gathering Questions
February 4, 2013
9:06 am
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members
Forum Posts: 196
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alrighty, I have a few questions regarding the Gathering since I am going hell or high water! laugh Hopefully some of you wonderful people can help me out. Here goes!

Since the tickets went on sale just a short time ago, do they sell out pretty fast? (I won't have the money til around the middle of March, waiting on school shit to come in blah blah)

Has anyone left their car in the parking lot the whole week? How safe is it? Would it be worth it just to get the car pass?

Besides the standard camping supplies, what are some must have things you should have during the stay?

--Thanks in advance for the responses (I hope) lol & MCL to all my fam & the ones I hope to meet this year at the Gathering! WHOOP WHOOP smile

February 4, 2013
9:41 am
Barocko Jenkings
Barocko Jenkings
Members
Forum Posts: 359

Its highly doubtful the campgrounds will sell out. We aint sellout for the 10th annual n tha was by far the highest number of juggalos to come out. Ull b able to buy ur ticket then n there on the grounds but i do advise buyin b4 u go. I always get the car pass so idk bout the lot but i kno u can go to ur car at ne time while there n check on it. As to wha to bring all i can advise for tha is plenty of water.

February 4, 2013
10:53 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

first, you might wanna read through the 'new to the gathering' thread from last summer, which i just bumped for your benefit [it was buried]. 

lots of good advice in there. 

about the car pass...  id rather spend the money, im too paranoid to leave my car in the lot.  ive never seen a breakin, but ive heard stories.  for me, its worth the hundred bucks to have a bit more peace of mind, not to mention a relatively secure place to lock shit up at the campsite. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 4, 2013
10:59 am
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members

Thank Barocko & thank you Scruffy, I figured questions like this would come up every year, I just didn't know how far to look for an old thread, lol. . Going to check it out now! laugh

February 4, 2013
11:21 am
patjoyce
patjoyce
Members
Forum Posts: 4891

I've never left my car out in the parking lot, I would imagine that it would be fine though, long as you lock it and don't leave anything of value in plain sight. I recommend getting the car pass just to avoid the walk alone. Carrying your shit in all that way in the heat and going back and forth to your site will be a major pain in the ass. To me it's worth the price of the car pass just to avoid the walk, but I also like knowing where my car is and if you ever need anything from it it's no problem to just go grab it. You can also take a few minutes and just blast the AC. It's gonna suck when you get out but it's nice while it lasts. Like our illiterate friend up there stated, bring lots of water and a cooler, you'll be really glad you did. Also, bring lots of sunblock and bug spray, sunburn can really fuck up your gathering experience, and having baby powder to avoid chaffing is very important too, as you'll be walking everywhere and being chaffed really bad will just make you not want to move as much as possible, and there's so much cool shit to do so fuck that!!! Also, if you like to sleep I would advise bringing some type of headphones that are soundproof or earplugs, it's really hard to sleep at the gathering, no matter what you do but this helps a little. If you're a party person like myself, I recommend sleeping during the day if you're going to sleep at all and seeing what the gathering is about during the night, that's when all the concerts are, after parties, all that good shit. I also highly recommend checking out the comedy tent, it's always a blast. I recommend bringing some food too, little hibachi grills are great and very convenient and if you're like me you can just sit back relax burn some bud and cook up some burgers for yourself instead of having to be at the mercy of the food vendors all weekend. You can also hook up some of your neighbors around you and make some really cool friends that way, I've cooked up a bunch of shit before and had a blast, I fed my neighbors and they gave me beer and shots all night, just kickin it and it ended up being a really good time. It's not really about all that to me, just helping out a fellow juggalo is good enough and it's a great way to start your day, burgers for breakfast!! If that's not your thing, snack food that you can carry around in a pocket, granola bars, candy bars, shit like that comes in handy too, just try to eat it before it melts. Chocolate stains on your pants? Yeah, you get the idea. Don't worry though, you can be totally unprepared and forget to bring all types of shit that you wish you had and you'll still have a great time. I guarantee you will never regret going to the gathering.

February 4, 2013
11:47 am
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members

Thanks patjoyce! Those lil tips like the baby powder and hibachi grill were exactly what I was looking for. Small tips to help make my 1st gathering as fucking awesome as possible!! laugh & I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the car pass. I only live 100 miles from the grounds so I don't have to worry as much about gas money as I thought. Plus I'm lazy so I'm going to try and avoid as many hills as possible! haha. I'm so psyched I can't help but start planning now. I'm going to start saving my milk jugs so when the times comes I can fill like 10 with water and freeze them. The back of my Escalade is going to look like I'm smuggalin moonshine lmao

February 4, 2013
11:53 am
JuggaloJ
Guests

Baby wipes work wonders in between showers, the reason being people throw faygo and beer everywhere at the gathering, and in the heat it gets all sticky and nasty on your skin. You cant take 12 showers a day so they come in handy to feel clean. And bringing a car in is a great idea. Fill your gas tank right before you get there so u can blast the AC and sit down any time it gets too hot for you (prolly ALOT it's like 100 degrees out that bitch). I spend the daylight hours of the gathering sleeping in my car and smokin weed with the AC runnin. I dont even bring a tent. The night life is where it's at. Whatever you do don't just watch the concerts then go back and fall asleep, ull miss the best shit. I'll post more when it comes to my mind. U got months of planning anyway.

February 4, 2013
1:30 pm
S.W.I.T.C.H.
S.W.I.T.C.H.
Members
Forum Posts: 86

There will be plenty of tickets and like previously stated you can get them on-site.  Plenty of water and cig's if you smoke is highly advisable.  

February 4, 2013
2:02 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Plenty of water and cig's if you smoke is highly advisable. 

and lighters.  many lighters.  you dont wanna be that idiot whos always bothering everybody for a light, and then when they get it, tries to pocket the shit and disappear.  i hate those cheap fucks. 

i mean, lighters are on sale there for like two bucks, which is a reasonably good deal, to have portable fire.  given that, i get really annoyed at random ninjas walking all the way over to me for a light, then tryin to walk off not only with the smoke, but my lighter as well. 

myself a smoker, i find that i smoke a ton of nails while im there, so i bring a full carton.  i also usually hide half the packs in a seperate location, in case of theivery.   

February 4, 2013
2:17 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619

Fuck I want to go to the Gathering!!!im a broke bastardfrown

February 4, 2013
2:21 pm
JuggaloJ
Guests

I have to say I really wish they would let us rent golf carts again...the years we had those it was the fuckin bomb!! But we abbused it so I guess I only have my own crew to blame for that one lol

February 4, 2013
2:48 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

Whos your crew J? And yeah, I get annoyed with people walking off with my lighters and shit. I bought a lighter leash my last year and that ended up coming in handy. Showers sucked but if you can get through that, you can get through anything. And avoid that one lake up by the clean showers, shits disgusting. Lake Hep is disgusting too but you'll see.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

February 4, 2013
3:02 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

I bought a lighter leash my last year and that ended up coming in handy.

huh.  i thought about mentioning how id seen juggalos with lanyards on their lighters, both commercial and homemade. 

maybe that was you.  either way, its not a bad idea. 

February 4, 2013
3:14 pm
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members

Tell me a lil about this "Lake Hepatitis" I've heard maybe 2 stories. & ViolentDope, start saving now. You have 184 days to come up with 175 dollars, that's less than a dollar a day!! :P 

Anything I should avoid there?

February 4, 2013
3:23 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

yeah, avoid getting into lake hepatitis, no matter what anybody tells you.  its swamp water before the gathering, once the juggalos get to it, its moat water. 

i believe lake hep has its own thread also, but its probably buried further than that other one.  whaddya wanna know about it? 

February 4, 2013
3:33 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619

SexyLette420 said:

Tell me a lil about this "Lake Hepatitis" I've heard maybe 2 stories. & ViolentDope, start saving now. You have 184 days to come up with 175 dollars, that's less than a dollar a day!! :P 

I would if I could but Im on unemployment right now.I only get $175 a week and thats barely enough to pay my bills.Not enough to save any $$.Ive never been to the gathering eitherfrownim in socal so just gas to get there would cost more than the ticket.My chick is gonna be an RN, next year she will be done with school and we will have $$, so hopefully we can make it in the next few years...cant wait!!Im in school for audio technology so im not a total bum...lol

February 4, 2013
3:50 pm
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members

Violentdope said:

I would if I could but Im on unemployment right now.I only get $175 a week and thats barely enough to pay my bills.Not enough to save any $$.Ive never been to the gathering eitherfrownim in socal so just gas to get there would cost more than the ticket.My chick is gonna be an RN, next year she will be done with school and we will have $$, so hopefully we can make it in the next few years...cant wait!!Im in school for audio technology so im not a total bum...lol

It's all good homie, if I had the extra cash, I'd help you out. Times are tough all over. The only way I'm affording the ticket is from going to school. aka federal student loan refund money, hells yah! lol 

And scruffy, I've just heard people like to test the waters with some peen in snatch action which is completely disgusting. Somebody talked about condoms floating, idk lmao ew ew. And I only read bits and peices about that drug bridge, what's up with that? I'm just 420 friendly and like to drink beer so I have no intentions to even be near it.

February 4, 2013
4:06 pm
patjoyce
patjoyce
Members
Forum Posts: 4891

You can't avoid the drug bridge, you have to walk over it to get to main stage. You can buy shit there but you can buy shit anywhere, it's usually cheaper and better quality too. I've bought shit off the bridge and never been ripped off, but other people claim they've bought fake shit. It's a pain to walk over it sometimes as shit's just congested with way too many people on it and it can get annoying but I'll tell ya, I love the drug bridge. Enjoy it, it's quite a sight and you'll never see anything like it at any other festival. You don't have to buy anything, just have a sense of humor and it's all good.

February 4, 2013
5:04 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717

Depends on where you're camped really. You don't HAVE to go over it. Its worth it though just to see all the unsavory characters that lurk on there. You prolly won't need to go on there for buddha. IDK if it's always like this but last year they had a smoke shop set up right next to the merch tent. Medical grade 20 a gram. And prerolled blunts of reg for ten. I will say there were some KILLER fucking shrooms on the drug bridge sold by a dude in a crocidile dundee hat with a real raspy voice.

Apparently this dude ate a quarter of em' and had to be hauled away in an ambulance

February 4, 2013
5:09 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Apparently this dude ate a quarter of em' and had to be hauled away in an ambulance

hey, i talked to that guy for a few moments!  he told me he just ate em, he was like, 'im gonna be in trouble, i think'. 

guess he was.   

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
97 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows, Justinvam

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845