April 28, 2024
96 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2018 - Legend Valley (July 18-21)
July 24, 2018
6:15 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
701sp_Permalink sp_Print

Carnivalkilla44 said
Did we ever get a final head count? I wanted to say on the lower end at 3000-4000 heads.  

best count i got was 4200 just before hells pit.  

there were more than that there, im sure.  based on how it was later.  yelawolf probably had as many in front of him.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Carnivalkilla44, Hypnotized Ninja, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 24, 2018
6:46 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
702sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said
@bayareashaman - remember when we stepped aside on saturday night, and you explained to me, in six words, exactly what it is that makes juggalos like you and me different from other juggalos that aint like you and me?  

that shit was some of the realest, eye-opening shit ive heard in years.  i swear it never occurred to me, and it probably shouldve.  

and i think you may have fuckin nailed it.  its very possible.    

Wonder what those 6 words were.

Do you two really feel that different than other juggalos? What are the differences?

So it sounds like everyone, in general, had a good time. YAY.

I think it was a success. I didn't really find anything disappointing this year. … Well, I was hoping for positive twisted news but oh well. 

Had awesome neighbors this year. Haven't had that good of neighbors since Hogrock '12.

See y'all next year at the GOTJ.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

SteelCityDahmer, Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 24, 2018
6:47 pm
SteelCityDahmer
SteelCityDahmer
Members
Forum Posts: 334
703sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral Infection said

Do you two really feel that different than other juggalos? What are the differences?

So it sounds like everyone, in general, had a good time. YAY.

I think it was a success. I didn't really find anything disappointing this year. … Well, I was hoping for positive twisted news but oh well. 

Had awesome neighbors this year. Haven't had that good of neighbors since Hogrock '12.

See y'all next year at the GOTJ.  

We had super rad neighbors as well. Great to not have to worry about turd neighbors! 

Whoop Whoop SteelCityDahmer :

scruffy, Psyral, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 24, 2018
6:53 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
704sp_Permalink sp_Print

Same, my neighbors on either side were awesome.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

scruffy, SteelCityDahmer, Psyral, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 24, 2018
7:05 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
705sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral Infection said    

interestingly, out of all the people i know, you are quite literally the one who is most likely to never understand it.  

for the record, theres a whopping fuckload more than two of us.  the shit applies to at least two dozen juggalos ive run with.  and thats just them.  

i dont have a handle on the why of it, and never will, but between me and shaman, i bet we can hammer out a working solution before next year. 

we got plans for all yall.  big, loud, crazy plans.  save your money now, its gonna be great, i swear.  

if it works.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Psyral, Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, bayAreaShaman

July 24, 2018
7:10 pm
Poundfoolish
Poundfoolish
Members
Forum Posts: 4
706sp_Permalink sp_Print

Finally started a profile just to thank all you crazy wonderful bastards! Got back from my FIRST Gathering late as fuck yesterday morning and somehow still made it to work (thank you leftover adrenaline and Cotton Candy Faygo).

To use Scruffy's unbulleted bullets:

Best fucking weekend - been to plenty of music festivals but never a GOTJ. I feel baptized in fire and Faygo. This is the last year I don't go.

Everyone was super cool (lots more hippy-looking folks than I expected, or maybe I'm used to seeing them from Wakas), never heard one bad thing from anybody, except one little fight. Really hard not to make friends there.

Total attendance number I heard was just over 4,000 - that was from one of the Legend Valley folks on Saturday afternoon, (and fits Scruffy's estimate)

Didn't hear about stabbings or a merch tent heist - hope that's all rumors, 'cause that did NOT seem like the crowd or vibe I was at. The lamest thing I saw was Tech N9ne being all kinds of dick after his set. I'm from KC and I felt like we have some damage to undo to the rest of the Fam. 

(side question - did anyone else feel that way, or is the N9ne horseshit under the bridge or expected or something? Was surprised I didn't hear more ppl bitchin)

Wish to fuck I had joined FLH sooner, but glad I'm here now! I hop on the site now and again to stay in the know and to do my first Gathering homework and you regulars all seem cool as hell. Think I might even have met one or two of you. Hope to see more of yall at #20!

Whoop Whoop Poundfoolish :

Psyral, SteelCityDahmer, scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 24, 2018
7:12 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
707sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said

interestingly, out of all the people i know, you are quite literally the one who is most likely to never understand it.  

confusedOh well.

we got plans for all yall.  big, loud, crazy plans.  save your money now, its gonna be great, i swear.  

if it works.    

Sounds interesting. Any hints?

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 24, 2018
7:17 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199
708sp_Permalink sp_Print

I camped between the smaller stages, my neighbors were cool for the most part, one night the one dude got annoying, but I had the Faygoluvers Village to chill at and another village by the Main stage to escape to. 

Thanks to all that showed love to the gf and I. I know we weren't around much, but this was our first outing in 2 years. 

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 24, 2018
7:17 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
709sp_Permalink sp_Print

Poundfoolish said
Finally started a profile just to thank all you crazy wonderful bastards! Got back from my FIRST Gathering late as fuck yesterday morning and somehow still made it to work (thank you leftover adrenaline and Cotton Candy Faygo).

To use Scruffy's unbulleted bullets:

Best fucking weekend - been to plenty of music festivals but never a GOTJ. I feel baptized in fire and Faygo. This is the last year I don't go.

Everyone was super cool (lots more hippy-looking folks than I expected, or maybe I'm used to seeing them from Wakas), never heard one bad thing from anybody, except one little fight. Really hard not to make friends there.

Total attendance number I heard was just over 4,000 - that was from one of the Legend Valley folks on Saturday afternoon, (and fits Scruffy's estimate)

Didn't hear about stabbings or a merch tent heist - hope that's all rumors, 'cause that did NOT seem like the crowd or vibe I was at. The lamest thing I saw was Tech N9ne being all kinds of dick after his set. I'm from KC and I felt like we have some damage to undo to the rest of the Fam. 

(side question - did anyone else feel that way, or is the N9ne horseshit under the bridge or expected or something? Was surprised I didn't hear more ppl bitchin)

Wish to fuck I had joined FLH sooner, but glad I'm here now! I hop on the site now and again to stay in the know and to do my first Gathering homework and you regulars all seem cool as hell. Think I might even have met one or two of you. Hope to see more of yall at #20!  

Who exactly were you?

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

July 24, 2018
7:29 pm
WigglefarmerMD
WigglefarmerMD
Members
Forum Posts: 107
710sp_Permalink sp_Print

Someone on here said they skipped 3 hell’s pit songs, which ones???

Whoop Whoop WigglefarmerMD :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 24, 2018
7:32 pm
Poundfoolish
Poundfoolish
Members
711sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said

Who exactly were you?  

Just some asshole.

Wasn't going out of my way to be noticed with a megaphone or in a costume or anything. Had a ladyfriend with me, was usually in cargo shorts, some fucked up black sneakers, and after Wednesday afternoon, one of those hypercolor Six Card hoodies from the merch tent (and that Hatchet Rick necklace in my pic). If we ever crossed paths I was probably talking (I do a lot of that) and smoking/passing a j (do a lot of that too).

scruffy, Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 24, 2018
7:34 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
712sp_Permalink sp_Print

Poundfoolish said    
... The lamest thing I saw was Tech N9ne being all kinds of dick after his set. I'm from KC and I felt like we have some damage to undo to the rest of the Fam.      

well, i myself didnt see anything that was unexpected outta tech.  pretty much the same as hes been any other time i been around him in the last twenty years.  not particularly dick-like.  

i actually kinda forgot that he was out fuckin with us.  and i talked to him.  twice.  

bienvenidos...  

... al infierno.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 24, 2018
7:39 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
713sp_Permalink sp_Print

Screenshot_2018-07-24-20-30-212.pngImage Enlarger

Screenshot_2018-07-24-20-30-302.pngImage Enlarger

Screenshot_2018-07-24-20-30-362.pngImage Enlarger

The story did exist, i read it before it was taken down. The link no longer works...

July 24, 2018
7:45 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332
714sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said

The story did exist, i read it before it was taken down. The link no longer works...  

Yes, it happened.  He still has posts about it on his facebook.  If you aren't familiar with Dark Half, they were a really really good horrorcore group from Wisconsin.  Like Twiztid type level of good (everybody shut your preemptive faces; you know what I'm saying).  One of them OD'd in 2015, and Damien got into a scuffle last weekend with someone who has been disrespecting the deceased since the time of his death, and he ended up getting cut.

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

Drunkalo
July 24, 2018
7:51 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
715sp_Permalink sp_Print

WigglefarmerMD said     
Someone on here said they skipped 3 hell’s pit songs, which ones???       

24, sedatives, basehead attacks.  

if somebody had asked me beforehand which three cuts i was most interested in finally seein live, them three woulda probably been it.  

shrug.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

WigglefarmerMD, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, MASTERWEEDO

July 24, 2018
7:54 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
716sp_Permalink sp_Print

I read the majority of the article during cig break at work, I had to go back monday morning. I caught the jist of the back story and the majority of the beef leading up to it. Scruffy said he didnt hear of any stabbings, i knew i read it, but couldnt find the proof.

Did shaman ever give you the video? Id love to see that shit. Haha!

July 24, 2018
7:56 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332
717sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said
I read the majority of the article during cig break at work, I had to go back monday morning. I caught the jist of the back story and the majority of the beef leading up to it. Scruffy said he didnt hear of any stabbings, i knew i read it, but couldnt find the proof.

I'd prefer for that to go through PMs

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

scruffy, Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 24, 2018
7:58 pm
Poundfoolish
Poundfoolish
Members
718sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said

well, i myself didnt see anything that was unexpected outta tech.  pretty much the same as hes been any other time i been around him in the last twenty years.  not particularly dick-like.  

i actually kinda forgot that he was out fuckin with us.  and i talked to him.  twice.  

Glad to hear it! I've seen him tons of time at home and he always does right by us, that's why I was surprised last weekend. Went to the Strange Music merch tent after the show to talk with him and get a shirt, but he didn't show. Well, sort of. He did drive by the tent literally three times in a golf cart but never even stopped to talk to the dozen or so fans that actually wanted to talk to him. We brought a fuck ton of Bou Lous (his new drink) from KC to share with the fam, but after that shit I doubt I'm buying any more.

Glad you got to hang with him and he was cool-ish. (he's normally super cool at home shows, met him after sets shows and just around town plenty and he really isn't particularly dick-like. Next time I run into him I'm definitely bringin that up) Did he go to your camp or were you on that goddamn golf cart?

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 24, 2018
7:58 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
719sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said    

search me.  

shaman gave me no videos.  

July 24, 2018
8:00 pm
Poundfoolish
Poundfoolish
Members
720sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said

Fuck. That fucking sucks. Good sleuthing though!

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
65 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Indica cart, sickjuggalo666, RichardTourl, AntonioJox, RonaldThono

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845