April 28, 2024
48 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Fuck The Gathering
April 12, 2014
3:58 am
Mr.Biggg
Mr.Biggg
Members
Forum Posts: 120
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That's How I feel right now I been down for 11 yrs. haven't been to any gathering. I hate reading about it are even thinking about it. Every time its comes around I get really depressed there's one I wont be at.     

April 12, 2014
9:27 am
chunk801
chunk801
Lehi,UT
Members
Forum Posts: 308

Yeah it hasn't looked good from the outside perspective, but I went in 2010' and 2011' and im gonna remember that shit forever,yeah outside media only wants to show the big lettes and trashy los, but the gathering is usually a highlight in any ninjas life as long as it goes smooth, and thiefs that go should be stomped out that shit makes my blood boil

April 12, 2014
9:29 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

@mr-biggg 

tumblr_n26tvjmz0B1stm7ndo2_250.gif

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 12, 2014
10:13 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Mr.Biggg said  
That's How I feel right now I been down for 11 yrs. haven't been to any gathering. I hate reading about it are even thinking about it. Every time its comes around I get really depressed there's one I wont be at.    

i bet if danny bonaduce, t-pain, and sam kinison were gonna be there, you wouldnt be talkin any shit.  

why dont you just attend?  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 12, 2014
10:18 am
JabroniKilla
JabroniKilla
Members
Forum Posts: 1470

Sam kinison ya dead baloney eater

April 12, 2014
10:35 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Don't believe the media hype. Yes there are sleazy elements there and there are thieves but you are not required to go to go to the events there that cater to the sleaze. The Miss Juggalette contest last year was much more respectful (Lette's Respect!). The thieves only hit easy targets. Be smart and you wont get hit. A car pass is like buying a safe. Keep your valuables locked up.

I have had fun every year and it did not match what the media showed happening.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 12, 2014
10:43 am
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

scruffy said

Mr.Biggg said  

i bet if danny bonaduce, t-pain, and sam kinison were gonna be there, you wouldnt be talkin any shit.  

Because he will have to walk past where they do PSY radio...and its just too soon.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

April 12, 2014
11:01 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

my initial response to this was gonna be,  

fuck psy radio thats how i feel when jimbo posts about it, i hate reading it our even thinking about it.  

but i changed my mind, and didnt post that, because its meaner.  

and now, i get to have my cake, and eat it, too.  

April 12, 2014
11:08 am
Sean Law
Sean Law
Members
Forum Posts: 3352

ive always wanted to go to the gathering up until '03, now I have no desire. I think everybody would piss me off just seeing how stupid people act. I guess that's just the 30 yr old in me.

I'll fuck you till you love me, Faggot!

-Tyson

April 12, 2014
11:19 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

sorta like psyral said, from the outside, its hard to gauge what its really like.  

id say the formula for the gathering is:  one part block party [albeit in a rough neighborhood], one part camping trip, and one part bigass concert;  all multiplied over four days.  

thats about the best way i can describe it in a nutshell, and give a good impression of what to expect.  

April 12, 2014
11:27 am
Sean Law
Sean Law
Members

ya, not much into that scene anymore now that im married with children. I really don't have much in common with the crowd other than the music.

-Tyson

April 12, 2014
11:39 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9041

I dunno homie, I've been married for over nine years, together fifteen, and she came with me to GOYJ 2001-2004 (I went with brothers n friends in 2000), and if it was feasible this summer, then we would go. We have two very young daughters, and I wouldn't want them there, true, but seeing as how the hotels are close by this year, we could work something out. Hogrock def didn't seem family friendly in any way.

And the nasty juggalo photos you see aren't the majority. At least they weren't back then. I've got the photos of my own, and videos, to prove it. There's plenty of presentable, responsible,, intelligent, unpierced and untatted folks roaming around. The majority of people look out for one another there. 

April 12, 2014
11:41 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

See, I'm going for the *opposite reason. I am SO sick of all the non-smoking, neon and chrome bullshit I'm surrounded by in *my town. I *want a little dirty; a little "danger" in the form of 'act right' where saying or doing something assholeish could get you punched the fuck out. To be amongst the "you iz" or "you ain't"s. The structure of organized chaos. To be in the love of one's peers and not have to worry about the things we usually fear (and *other rhyming shit). 

The Gathering gets singled out but Coachella and Burning Man is every bit the "dirty" "gross" spectacle that shows up in the tab rags weeks later. And as far as that shit goes, no one ever takes pictures of the regular ass people that go to festivals, just the ones that stand out. THAT is the definition of 'reprezenting'. Go fuckin' crazy! Do what you came there to do! But act like ya KNOW people are snappin' and posting and YOU may just be the poster child for an entire group of people that had a completely different experience and don't represent the majority.

*I plan to get FUCKED UP this year but I know that others don't have those same plans but at no point would I allow MY good time be represented as THE good time other people are there for. THAT's respect. 

Like expecting Randy Gall to NOT take his shirt off cuz he's got at least that much respect for other people's lunch and eyeballs.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 12, 2014
11:42 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Don't let married with children stop you. I have been married for 17 years, have a 15 year old daughter, and I am 42 years old (will be 43 at the GOTJ) The scene is what you make it. I have had fun every year. I find it very relaxing. It is my vacation every year. To make it relaxing, I start getting stuff together slowly over about 3 months so that by the time it's ready to start driving there, I have everything taken care of. Now I have already purchased tickets and a car pass and already booked a hotel for a couple days before the gathering so we can rest after the drive before going into the campgrounds.

It's really fun. If you have any way of going, please try it. Don't let preconceived notions or media articles persuade you.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 12, 2014
11:46 am
Sean Law
Sean Law
Members

that's cool. I just don't have any desire to go anymore. I will go to a show if it comes around, but not looking forward to driving across country to go. That's just me

-Tyson

April 12, 2014
11:59 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Cheshyr said
see above     

i also am one who appreciates the post-apocalyptic mayhem-like aspects of the gathering.  

but i recognize that the majority of attendees are not there for that, so there should be limitations.  many limitations.  

April 12, 2014
2:47 pm
Mr.Biggg
Mr.Biggg
Members

scruffy said

Mr.Biggg said  

I can't drive. I have no way off getting there

April 12, 2014
3:13 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

there are ways of getting there, you just arent using them.  

at any rate, instead of, 'fuck the gathering', you should be saying, 'fuck my lack of motivation to get myself to the gathering'.  

its not the gatherings fault that you havent made it.  

April 12, 2014
3:52 pm
Mr.Biggg
Mr.Biggg
Members

Like how? I'm The only Juggalo where I live so there's no one that can take me and my mom wont let me go with someone I meant online.

April 12, 2014
4:09 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696

So... Doing the math... You've been down since before you were 7...? My kid didn't become a fan until he was at least 10 or 11 or something, and the only reason he even knew of them to become a fan was because both me and my wife are (which is why he and I are going this year)...

Or, actually, since you said "no one that can take me", I am forced to assume you're under 16... So you've been down since <5? No freakin' way lol.

Messed up math aside...

How far away is it for you? Would there be any chance of convincing your family to take a vacation that could coincide with the Gathering? And they just drop you off? (Not that I'd suggest it's safe for a kid under 15 or whatever to go solo, probably a bad idea, but just trying to help here)  Your best bet will likely be to just wait until you can just go by yourself, make your own decision, and make up for the years your couldn't go by making it as epic as possible.

If it makes you feel any better, I have never been able to go either. And I'm 33, been down since I was 13 or 14. It's not because my mom said I couldn't go, it's because life stood in the way. I was busy raising my own son. So now that he's old enough, he and I are both attending our first GOTJ. I knew about it when they first started doing them, but it's still taken me this long to finally make it.

My point is - go if you can. If you can't, be patient. You'll be able to someday. And when you can, the feeling of "making it" will be all that much sweeter. Good things come to those who wait.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
66 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

MichealBliTe, CarlosHag, Vincentref, NathanCoots, Jeremyaleno

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845