May 19, 2024
14 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
financial tips for the gathering?
March 17, 2014
2:57 pm
Ypsi Foolish
Ypsi Foolish
Members
Forum Posts: 725
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Minus the 180 pass and the 100 car pass, how much should one to expect to spend at a gathering? I live 3.5 hours away from where its at so I can figure gas but anyone got any idea? Im bringing my own food and as much alcohol as I can lol. Not too much of a merch rat cuz I dont end up wearing half the shit I buy anyways. 

March 17, 2014
3:55 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

I bring MRE's (actually the civilian equivalent) but I still grab some carny food anyway. I also liked chillin at the Spazmatic hangout. I figured 1 jersey, a few t-shirts and a cd or 2. No drugs. Tickets and car pass already pre purchased. So for me I show up with 300 cash for the event. My wife does the same. Usually leave with around 50 dollars each.

Depends really on how much merch and drugs you like. That seems to be the biggest expense for most.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
March 17, 2014
4:15 pm
sketchez
Members
Forum Posts: 1251

I bring a couple hundred - last time the juggalos I went with were stealing shit the whole time cuz they didn't really bring anything

March 17, 2014
4:20 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9045

Psyral Infection said
I bring MRE's (actually the civilian equivalent) but I still grab some carny food anyway. I also liked chillin at the Spazmatic hangout. I figured 1 jersey, a few t-shirts and a cd or 2. No drugs. Tickets and car pass already pre purchased. So for me I show up with 300 cash for the event. My wife does the same. Usually leave with around 50 dollars each.

Depends really on how much merch and drugs you like. That seems to be the biggest expense for most.

Yeah and if you meet any Juggs leaving a day or so early, if you're lucky they may let you have some of their stuff to save space/ time/ stress etc. These kind killas gave us their burger meat, the rest of their Coors, and other stuff... although I was just reminded that some baatards stole our marshmallows lol. .. but we brought a cooler full of lunch meat, drinks, kiwis, etc.

March 17, 2014
11:56 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

I don't do any kind of drugs, so I save tons of money that way. I end up spending around $10 per day for a hot meal, plus a little extra for random drinks. So maybe like $50ish for food. I spent $40 at the merch booth last year (right after ICP, when t-shirts were on sale for $10 each!). For real, I could get away with $100 easily, so long as I bring food, water and alcohol from home. If you're a big eater, or a merch lover, or if you indulge in mind altering substances, increase accordingly.

-Jules

March 18, 2014
1:10 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

So how much ARE drugs for those who would want to partake? For example, my friend was wondering how much good weed would be at the gotj, or mushrooms.

March 18, 2014
1:26 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members

I'm gonna be on weed, (real) lean, and shrooms(and maybe lsd to try something new)

But I'm just a stoner so i'm gonna be like

are-you-a-wizard.jpgImage Enlarger

Hank_Hill_Gets_High_by_v_wilkes.jpgImage Enlarger

Pics related. Me on psychedelics.

My brain is gone, my brain is gone, say no more my brain is gone

March 18, 2014
1:30 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members

Psyral Infection said

Oh shit I just realized what those were. My dad somehow had the military ones. Fuckin nasty though.MRE_No._23_(cropped).jpgImage Enlarger

March 18, 2014
2:29 pm
Doc RenoK
Members
Forum Posts: 110

Honestly, it all depends on you dude,and how well you pack. I've gone to gatherings with $500 and ive also gone without a dime.

If you're bringing you're own food and alcohol and dont care about merch, wtf else is there lol I mean Its a good idea to always have backup money if you can budget it. Just make sure you pack enough food (ain't nobody gonna let you starve though.)cigarettes if you smoke, I'd bring at least a carton and water..  I guess if you're traveling you might not wanna bring firewood, so there is that. Good idea for that though would to try and find some country folk outside  of the campgrounds that sell wood for relatively cheap..

March 18, 2014
3:25 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Doc RenoK said
Honestly, it all depends on you dude,and how well you pack. I've gone to gatherings with $500 and ive also gone without a dime.

If you're bringing you're own food and alcohol and dont care about merch, wtf else is there lol I mean Its a good idea to always have backup money if you can budget it. Just make sure you pack enough food (ain't nobody gonna let you starve though.)cigarettes if you smoke, I'd bring at least a carton and water..  I guess if you're traveling you might not wanna bring firewood, so there is that. Good idea for that though would to try and find some country folk outside  of the campgrounds that sell wood for relatively cheap..

Its a bad idea to bring fire wood to different states anyway. Some kind of bug travels inside some and can jack up ecosystems.

March 18, 2014
6:00 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3521

@piggofdoom You can usually find a good dub of herb for $20, 1/8 shrooms probably runs you $45-$50. It just may take some looking around before you find a decent deal though. I usually bring a 1/2 O of bud with me for personal use so I don't worry about buying it there. 

I'll say I spent about $200 actually at the gathering and another $400 on everything else when I went (Gas, Supplies, Food, Alcohol).

@ypsi-foolish I should be going so if you are we gotta get down on this Faygoluvers meetup thing. You to pig, with our custom ug exchange t-shirts.

March 18, 2014
6:27 pm
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members
Forum Posts: 549

MREs are great to take. Brand new socks and a high power flash light. Before I went to baller sites, I could use half tank of gas charging phones and getting a lil AC break, bumping music.

From tadpoles to frogs to Jesus to legends.

March 18, 2014
6:39 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

Carnivalkilla44 said
@piggofdoom You can usually find a good dub of herb for $20, 1/8 shrooms probably runs you $45-$50. It just may take some looking around before you find a decent deal though. I usually bring a 1/2 O of bud with me for personal use so I don't worry about buying it there. 

I'll say I spent about $200 actually at the gathering and another $400 on everything else when I went (Gas, Supplies, Food, Alcohol).

@ypsi-foolish I should be going so if you are we gotta get down on this Faygoluvers meetup thing. You to pig, with our custom ug exchange t-shirts.

Holy crap I almost forgot about the underground sexchange!

I don't have a custom shirt though...

March 18, 2014
6:59 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Out of curiosity, I am fond of molly/MDMA, what are general prices from you recent attendee's memory? Not sure if I'm going, but just curious.

March 18, 2014
7:00 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

piggofdoom said
Holy crap I almost forgot about the underground sexchange!

Im not participating in the underground sex change...Im happy as a dude.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

March 18, 2014
7:02 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Old Mr Dangerous said
Out of curiosity, I am fond of molly/MDMA, what are general prices from you recent attendee's memory? Not sure if I'm going, but just curious.

no clue.  not my thang.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 18, 2014
7:06 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members

Yeah never transport firewood too far or some shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.....t_on_trees

Also how much is a good oz of dank at the gathering

March 18, 2014
7:08 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members

Old Mr Dangerous said

http://www.complex.com/city-gu.....y-in-molly

Becareful famo

March 18, 2014
7:54 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Chuklz said

Old Mr Dangerous said

http://www.complex.com/city-gu.....y-in-molly

Becareful famo

Yeah I haven't had any in years but that's always been my main concern. Perhaps I'd invest in one of those MDMA testing kits if I were surely going.

MDMA itself is close to harmless. I've studied the shit for years. Almost all deaths from MDMA are due to fake pills.

March 18, 2014
8:03 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

fake pills, or mufuckas handling themselves badly while wasted, dehydrating, or other secondary effects.  

i know theres at least a couple people that sell those tester kits at the gathering.  or did before, anyway.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
32 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Williammal, RobertMap, PedroAbach, laticiagibson, xidotir783

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845