May 14, 2024
36 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Faygo Armageddon Song
May 18, 2016
9:06 am
sewerside
sewerside
south florida
Members
Forum Posts: 156
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

What track do you think ICP should close with this year?  Last year they did "If I Was A Serial Killer", which they've done before, and they've done the shit out of "Bang Pow Boom".

Me personally, I wanna see the 17th Gathering close with Thy Unveiling.

What song would you wanna hear during Faygo Armageddon?

and now i'm gonna be performin at Juggalo Day WHUT

Official Sewerside Website * Sewerside on Facebook

May 18, 2016
9:19 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

i would say im coming home...  but, ya know, riddle box tour n all.  but all things bein equal, im coming home. 

hm.  not juggalo chant, i know that. 

id be interested in seein a closer that ive never seen them close with...  but offhand, i dont know what that would be [crystall ball, i havent seen that one, although i know they used it before]. 

i personally think its all over would also be the shit.  theyd have to extend it, but thats true of a lot of songs.  they like armageddon to stretch at the gathering.  so do we. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Split

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 18, 2016
9:25 am
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859

Down with the clown?

Whoop Whoop Split :

scruffy
May 18, 2016
9:37 am
DemonicSwagger
DemonicSwagger
Members
Forum Posts: 713

Whoop Whoop DemonicSwagger :

sewerside, Split
May 18, 2016
9:40 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

thaaat would be an interesting choice... 

May 18, 2016
9:47 am
DemonicSwagger
DemonicSwagger
Members

scruffy said

Which one?

May 18, 2016
9:52 am
sewerside
sewerside
south florida
Members

scruffy said
i would say im coming home...  but, ya know, riddle box tour n all.  but all things bein equal, im coming home. 

hm.  not juggalo chant, i know that. 

id be interested in seein a closer that ive never seen them close with...  but offhand, i dont know what that would be [crystall ball, i havent seen that one, although i know they used it before]. 

i personally think its all over would also be the shit.  theyd have to extend it, but thats true of a lot of songs.  they like armageddon to stretch at the gathering.  so do we. 

They closed with Crystal Ball at my first ICP show - the Bizzar Bizaar tour.  What was truly bizzar was that Vanilla Ice came out and rapped a verse during Twiztid's part.
I'm Coming Home is an all time favorite.
It's All Over is a pretty great song and would make for a good show closer.  If they extended the song though, hopefully not during that "ICE FIRE WATER WIND" captain planet part.

DemonicSwagger said

That would be an interesting choice...

Whoop Whoop sewerside :

DemonicSwagger

May 18, 2016
10:02 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

DemonicSwagger said 

scruffy said 

Which one?   

the one to the right of the little picture of your head, and directly above my post.  sewerside knows.   

sewerside said 
It's All Over is a pretty great song and would make for a good show closer.  If they extended the song though, hopefully not during that "ICE FIRE WATER WIND" captain planet part.    

figure it would be a huge chunk of the song on loop, a la last year.  so youd be hearin that bit a few times, id think. 

May 18, 2016
10:04 am
DemonicSwagger
DemonicSwagger
Members

It's actually a big picture of my little head

Whoop Whoop DemonicSwagger :

scruffy
May 18, 2016
12:41 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3521

I'd almost suspect "I'm Comin Home" as they tend to re-use tracks from the year's touring.

Really though, for the biggest faygo armageddon of the year, they need to do a hype as fuck song. I think that's why they use BPB so much. For the 17th though, I agree Thy Unveiling would be fantastic! Or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-naCrEBpbpQ

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

Split
May 18, 2016
1:15 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

Carnivalkilla44 said
I'd almost suspect "I'm Comin Home" as they tend to re-use tracks from the year's touring.

Really though, for the biggest faygo armageddon of the year, they need to do a hype as fuck song. I think that's why they use BPB so much. For the 17th though, I agree Thy Unveiling would be fantastic! Or...

" Real Underground Baby"

my top choices too, love the fuck outta "Thy Unveiling" and never seen it live, that would be the shit! "R.U.B." would just be fun as hell and "I'm Coming Home" is exactly what this year is gonna be for me, fuck it was live as shit at the Riddlebox show so I'd be stoked to hear it again so soon!

May 18, 2016
4:25 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Im hopin 4 thy unveiling. Nothings left would be kewl to. I saw a vid of jeckel bros tour that ended wit a set change and nothings left. Juggalo juice would be fresh but its too short. 

Other songs:

Time-tmml

Hatchet execution- blazes song

Take me home-ffv3

Freaky tales-tmdp bonus disc

Wizard of the hood-CoC

May 18, 2016
7:13 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Redacted

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

May 18, 2016
8:35 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9045

How about "Nothing's Left"? Maybe a bit too maudlin but it would work good on a loop near the end.

Or.... "Crossing Thy Bridge". 

May 18, 2016
9:29 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277

I never understood why they use Bang Pow Boom so much as a closer. I mean I get that it's a long song with a good beat to close out the night but the meaning and lyrics of it just doesn't seem to work. Example: "you're the evilest pedophiles, rapists, and abusers. Altogether we've got 50'000 of you losers" Just seems like something you shouldn't play at a packed show or gathering with thousands of people but they still use the fuck out of it

May 18, 2016
10:44 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

I can't deny that "Thy Unveiling"'s is quite usable as the finisher (with it's references to other songs on other cards and the big guitars) but for my own sensibilities, I'd be walking up to the JCW Stage to get a good spot for BloodyMania 10 long before it's done.

I'm sorry but the religious shit creeps me the fuck out as soon as I hear it. Specifically when it's the FOCUS of a song (all sorts of bands mention Jesus all the time and I somehow manage to not feel weirded out by it like I bought it from the wrong section of the store). I'm SERIOUSLY not getting into that conversation here and I SURE AS FUCK would not want to get into it AT The Gathering! All the more reason to take the opportunity to make a quick exit.

...just the thought of footage of J yelling about GOD!!!! in front of the whole Gathering is a little on the nose for me... I didn't come to the Dark Carnival to "find God"... I came to "let me see the devil come out from inside a' you, a little ruder and cruder than 2LiveCrew"...

I get the whole esoteric angle of "family, friends and happiness in life is "god" thing and I can ride with it, but do ya really think that for the 17th that ya wanna hear how they "tricked you" (somehow 'er other)? But it's their creation and they can make whatever statement they want on it because it's still all love.

I haven't BEEN TO enough ICP shows to have a real idea on what makes a good last song (cuz it's one thing to wanna hear a song and it's another to hear it while you are there IN the crowd). They seem to need to have VERY long endings and have to get people up. Last year's "If I Was A Serial Killer" came off as beautiful as fuck with all the lanterns in the sky n'shit! It was touching as fuck, yo! And while "Down With The Clown" is a classic go-to, it would still be well fitting.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 18, 2016
11:27 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Cheshyr said 
[stuff about thy unveiling]   

be prepared for disappointment. 

the only reason im not positive that this is the track theyll go with this year, is cuz theyve said before that they wont do that one live again. 

but, uh...  theyve said lots. 

May 19, 2016
1:02 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members
Forum Posts: 434

Axes swinging? 

Pass me by but it's been done I feel like 17 needs a unique ender...

Real underground baby would be cool as an all out armegedon song. Not much to rap. Tho it would only work if they had the fireworks too because like I said not much to rap so needs to be a visual thing. Song as background.

Maybe walk into the light/welcome to the show. That'd be super dope.

youtube.com/c/bostinmckickass

May 19, 2016
5:00 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

For the 17th Gathering closer track? Blow our wigs off with a new unheard song. The Faygo Armageddon song it should be called. And its a song about it raining faygo and fire hydrants exploding faygo and rivers flowing faygo. Faygo this, faygo that. 

Whoop Whoop GanjaGoblin :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, sewerside, Split

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

May 22, 2016
8:37 am
sewerside
sewerside
south florida
Members

scruffy said

Cheshyr said 
[stuff about thy unveiling]   

be prepared for disappointment. 

the only reason im not positive that this is the track theyll go with this year, is cuz theyve said before that they wont do that one live again. 

but, uh...  theyve said lots. 

That's right I forgot that they said that was a one time deal,  but that was 13 years ago. And this is the 17th Gathering. 

@cheshyr I was more creeped out by the sample of the guy taking about finding his "savior" on the Found song than by J saying he wanted us to find god in Thy Unveiling, but I get what you mean.  Still think it's their most epic song.

GanjaGoblin said
For the 17th Gathering closer track? Blow our wigs off with a new unheard song. The Faygo Armageddon song it should be called. And its a song about it raining faygo and fire hydrants exploding faygo and rivers flowing faygo. Faygo this, faygo that. 

As ridiculous as this is,  I would say it's the next suitable option for me. 

First choice is Thy Unveiling. 

Second choice is Ganja Goblins imaginary Faygo song. 

Whoop Whoop sewerside :

Split

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
43 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Peepeesucker, Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845