May 17, 2024
30 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Cops are here.
August 9, 2013
6:54 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thank you VD

August 9, 2013
6:58 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators

Courtesy OF FLH User Guest

25I-NBOMe

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
25I-NBOMe
Systematic (IUPAC) name
2-(4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine
Clinical data
Pregnancy cat.  ?
Legal status Temporary class drug (UK) Unscheduled, prohibited in some states (US)
Routes Buccal (sublabial), sublingual, insufflated, inhalation, intravenous, intramuscular, rectal
Identifiers
CAS number 919797-19-6 
N
1043868-97-8 (hydrochloride)
ATC code None
PubChem CID 10251906
ChemSpider 8427392 Yes
Y
Chemical data
Formula C18H22INO3 
Mol. mass 427.28 g/mol
  • COC1=CC=CC=C1CNCCC2=CC(=C(C=C2OC)I)OC
  • InChI=1S/C18H22INO3/c1-21-16-7-5-4-6-14(16)12-20-9-8-13-10-18(23-3)15(19)11-17(13)22-2/h4-7,10-11,20H,8-9,12H2,1-3H3 Yes
    Y
    Key:ZFUOLNAKPBFDIJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N Yes
    Y

(what is this?)  (verify)

25I-NBOMe (2C-I-NBOMe) is a derivative of the substituted phenethylamine psychedelic 2C-I discovered in 2003 by chemist Ralf Heim at the Free University of Berlin. It is a highly potent serotonin agonist and, due to its psychedelic effects and ambiguous legal status, a designer drug with reports of recreational use beginning in 2010. Reports of deaths and significant injuries have been attributed to the use of 25I-NBOMe, prompting some governments to control its possession, production, and sale.

Discovery[edit source | edit]

25I-NBOMe was discovered in 2003 by Ralf Heim, a chemist at the Free University of Berlin, who published his findings in his PhD dissertation.[1] The chemical was subsequently investigated by a team at Purdue University led by David Nichols.[2] The carbon-11 labelled version of this compound [11C]Cimbi-5 was synthesized and validated as a radiotracer for positron emission tomography (PET) in Copenhagen.[3][4] Being the first 5-HT2A receptor full agonist PET radioligand, [11C]Cimbi-5 shows promise as a more functional marker of these receptors, which may be involved in mental disorders such as depression and schizophrenia.[citation needed]

Chemistry and Structure[edit source | edit]

Like other NBOMe chemicals, 25I-NBOMe is a derivative of the 2C family of phenethylamines described by Alexander Shulgin in his book PiHKAL.[5][6] Specifically, 25I-NBOMe is the N-benzyl derivative of the phenethylamine molecule 2C-I, formed by adding a 2-methoxybenzyl (MeOB) onto the nitrogen (N) of the phenethylamine molecule. This substitution significantly increases the potency of the molecule.[5]

Synthesis[edit source | edit]

25I-NBOMe is usually synthesised from 2C-I and 2-methoxybenzaldehyde, in a reductive alkylation. It can be done stepwise by first making the imine and then reducing the formed imine with sodium borohydride, or by direct reaction with sodium triacetoxyborohydride.[1]

Pharmacology[edit source | edit]

Ki-values[7][8]
Receptor Ki (nM) ±
5-HT2A 0.044
5-HT2C 2
5-HT6 73 12
μ-opioid 82 14
H1 189 35
5-HT2B 231 73
κ-opioid 288 50

25I-NBOMe acts as a highly potent full agonist for the human 5-HT2A receptor,[7][9] with a Ki of 0.044 nM, making it some sixteen times the potency of 2C-I itself, and a radiolabelled form of 25I-NBOMe can be used for mapping the distribution of 5-HT2A receptors in the brain.[8] In vitro tests showed this compound acted as an agonist but animal studies have not been reported. While the N-benzyl derivatives of 2C-I were significantly increased in potency compared to 2C-I, the N-benzyl derivatives of DOI were inactive.[10]

Ki values of the following targets were greater than 500 nM: 5-HT1A, D3, H2, 5-HT1D, α1A adrenergic, δ opioid, serotonin uptake transporter, 5-HT5A, 5-HT1B, D2, 5-HT7, D1, 5-HT3, 5-HT1E, D5, muscarinic M1-M5, H3, and the dopamine uptake transporter.[8]

Recreational Use[edit source | edit]

25I-NBOMe had no history of recreational use prior to being sold online as a designer drug in 2010; street names of the drug now include "N-Bomb", "Smiles," and "25I". As a recreational drug, 25I-NBOMe is roughly as potent as and similar in effect to LSD; consequently, the drug is sometimes misrepresented on blotter paper as LSD.[11] Case reports of 25I-NBOMe intoxication, with and without analytical confirmation of the drug in the body, are increasing in the medical literature.[6] The chemical has emerged as a recreational drug in Europe and the United States[12] as well as Australia.[5]

25I-NBOMe is inactive orally, and the most common methods of administration are sublingual, buccal, or nasal. The drug is frequently loaded onto paper "tabs" which are placed under the tongue or in the gums.[5] There are also reports of intravenous injection of dissolved 25I-NBOMe and smoking the drug in powdered form.[12][13]

Internet forum reports suggest that the drug debuted in the United States after an amateur American chemist imported from Europe the drug 2C-I, which was unscheduled in the US at the time, before converting it into its more potent NBOMe form and transferring it to blotter paper.[5] The drug came to media attention in early 2012 after a cluster of seven non-fatal overdoses was reported in and around Richmond, Virginia.[14][15][16]

25I-NBOMe is frequently sold online through vendors on Silk Road or websites specializing in the sale of designer drugs. Online venders frequently ship wholesale orders from China, a manufacturing hub, for sale in the United States, Europe, and Australia.[17] Due to its potency, the drug is highly profitable, as small quantities of the drug can comprise large numbers of doses; one kilogram of powdered 25I-NBOMe can generate up to 20 million recreational doses.[5] Drug dealers often purchase 25I-NBOMe in bulk online and resell individual doses on the street for considerable profit. In Australia, $2 tabs of 25I-NBOMe can be resold for $20-30 each as LSD.[17] There are, however, methods of differentiating between LSD and adulterants like 25I-NBOMe in the field with and without test kits.[18]

Dosage[edit source | edit]

25I-NBOMe is extremely potent; a dose is typically less than one milligram (while a dose of the psychedlic phenethylamine 2C-I is approximately 20 milligrams). The UK Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs states that a common dose is between 50 and 100µg.[5] By contrast, Erowid tentatively suggests that the threshold dosage for humans is 50-250µg (though many experience reports posted by consumers suggest this low dosage is merely Erowid's promotion of harm reduction, as the threshold dosage is more likely 500ug+).[19] At this level of potency, there is significant risk of overdose when consumers fail to take the necessary steps, in order to ensure that they have precisely measured doses.[5]

Effects[edit source | edit]

25I-NBOMe effects usually last 6-10 hours if taken sublingually or buccally.[13] When it is insufflated, effects usually last 4–6 hours.[13] Effects can however last significantly longer depending on dosage; durations longer than 12 hours have been reported.

25I-NBOMe can also be vaporized and inhaled, this may cause significantly quicker effects and shorter duration as is expected from that route of administration. This route of administration is however not recommended, unless when using precise liquid measurement, due to the difficulties of measuring and handling substances active in the microgram range.

Case reports of seven British males who presented to an emergency room following analytically confirmed 25I-NBOMe intoxication suggest the following potential adverse effects: "tachycardia (n = 7), hypertension (4), agitation (6), aggression, visual and auditory hallucinations (6), seizures (3), hyperpyrexia (3), clonus (2), elevated white cell count (2), elevated creatine kinase (7), metabolic acidosis (3), and acute kidney injury (1)."[12]

Desired[edit source | edit]

• strong open and closed eye visuals, including trails, color shifts, brightening, etc.
  • mood lift
  • euphoria
  • mental and physical stimulation
  • increase in associative & creative thinking
  • increased awareness & appreciation of music
  • life-changing spiritual experiences
  • feelings of love and empathy
  • increased pattern recognition
  • brings on synesthesia/chromesthesia in users who normally don't experience synesthesia; intensifying it in people who already have the condition[13]

Neutral[edit source | edit]

• general change in consciousness
  • pupil dilation
  • unusual body sensations (facial flushing, chills, goosebumps, body energy)
  • change in perception of time, time dilation
  • slight increase in heart rate
  • yawning, especially when coming up
  • bruxism[13]

Undesired[edit source | edit]

(likelihood of negative side effects increases with higher doses)

• difficulty focusing
  • confusion
  • scrambled communication
  • vasoconstriction
  • shaking
  • nausea
  • vomiting (normally only on the 'come up', in the experience of some this occurs with every use, whereas in others never at all.)
  • insomnia
  • looping, recursive, out of control thinking
  • paranoia, fear, and panic
  • unwanted and overwhelming feelings
  • unwanted life-changing spiritual experiences
  • fainting
  • dystonia (rare)
  • seizure
  • death; see below[13]
August 9, 2013
6:58 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619

PunkRockJuggalo said
Thank you VD

no worries..just pickin up the slack around here...j/k..ur the shit prj...

August 9, 2013
7:00 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators

Violentdope said

PunkRockJuggalo said
Thank you VD

no worries..just pickin up the slack around here...j/k..ur the shit prj...

Thank you

August 9, 2013
7:02 pm
YayYay
YayYay
Members
Forum Posts: 518

I remember in the 90's before J started popping pills and smoking weed ICP were anti-drugs and fuckin' dissed everybody who did them. Now look at everything.

August 9, 2013
8:31 pm
scottyknox17
Members
Forum Posts: 6

Its not the drug of choice im sure its being sold as acid 99 percent of the world has no idea what 25i or 25c is some moron prolly got it in powder form tried to make it into liquid not knowing what the fuck he was doing and misdosed everyone.....some real scumbag shit

August 9, 2013
8:37 pm
VoiceNameless
VoiceNameless
732, NJ
Members
Forum Posts: 307

Okay, so its 2CI... I thought people were over that shit in the early 2000's? That is a horrible substance and nobody should even bother with it, I don't even see how that shit is considered "fun" ... I was given 2CI once when I was younger by a 'friend' and it was the worse drug I've ever experienced, and didn't have to do a lot or be on that shit for very long to figure that one out. I guess its making it's comeback like MDMA did when Ecstasy was the craze, and now again with Molly. That just straight up sucks, fuck whoever even thought it was a good idea to try and distribute that shit out there.

Thanks for the extensive breakdown all lol. Stay away from that shit.

August 9, 2013
8:37 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717

VoiceNameless said
And wtfs an N-Bomb? Aren't they those vortex grenade things in Perfect Dark for N64? Heh. In all seriousness though, is it like Nitrous mixed with something else I'm guessing?

LMAO! Thats exactly what I thought when I heard the name

August 9, 2013
8:39 pm
scottyknox17
Members

did you not read the huge post about it from wiki like 6 up ?

August 9, 2013
8:41 pm
scottyknox17
Members

so its 2CI not 25i? Sounds the same i know lol but huge difference

August 9, 2013
8:41 pm
VoiceNameless
VoiceNameless
732, NJ
Members

YayYay said
I remember in the 90's before J started popping pills and smoking weed ICP were anti-drugs and fuckin' dissed everybody who did them. Now look at everything.

Since the earliest days of ICP as clowns I can remember, they've always promoted and bragged about being on psychiatric pharmaceuticals like Lithium, Prozac, etc, which is much worse and damaging than something like a simple opiate. When were they ever dissing this kind of behavior? I missed all that.

August 9, 2013
8:42 pm
JabroniKilla
JabroniKilla
Members
Forum Posts: 1470

They thought droppin the n bomb ws coolio noe u dead

August 9, 2013
8:43 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
August 9, 2013
8:48 pm
VoiceNameless
VoiceNameless
732, NJ
Members

That's just beat. Everyone using that little makeshift bridge thingy on the other end now to get over by main stage? Must be packed over there.

August 9, 2013
8:49 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9045

VoiceNameless said
That's just beat. Everyone using that little makeshift bridge thingy on the other end now to get over by main stage? Must be packed over there.

I know I'm like "THATS the bridge?!?" Lol. Fascinating

August 9, 2013
8:58 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators

Blaze Ya Dead Homie @ GOTJ via

BRRZFeOCQAI8sKo.jpg:largeImage Enlarger

August 9, 2013
9:09 pm
VoiceNameless
VoiceNameless
732, NJ
Members

Lol yeah I was shocked to see it cleared like that, definitely a "wow" moment. I'm actually glad now that my ride situation got fucked up last minute and I didn't make it this year, I would not mesh well with all those police, and I'm usually the 'babysitter' of the bunch when everybody gets fucked up and seems to forget how to handle themselves accordingly.

Really appreciate all the reporting coming from inside the grounds, thank you guys for keeping us up to date on what's going on.

August 9, 2013
9:14 pm
YayYay
YayYay
Members
Forum Posts: 518

VoiceNameless said

YayYay said

Since the earliest days of ICP as clowns I can remember, they've always promoted and bragged about being on psychiatric pharmaceuticals like Lithium, Prozac, etc, which is much worse and damaging than something like a simple opiate. When were they ever dissing this kind of behavior? I missed all that.

Have to go way back.

Life on the road changed them for sure. He didn't start the pills until his panic attack days but even then they dissed drugs. They went off on Ozzy during their fight with Sharon on Howard Stern for being a junkie. Him and his brother made a pact about not doing any drugs when they were kids because his sister was a junkie (that old 30 page interview, his book too I think). He said he didn't break it until he started smoking weed. Who knows what he's ingested since then since a lot of their drug references and endorsements aren't even jokes anymore in their songs. I ain't passing judgement though I've run the mill of drugs too. Just something I've noticed throughout the years about them.

August 9, 2013
9:15 pm
sketchez
Members
Forum Posts: 1251

They'll probably search for drugs next year before u get in

August 9, 2013
9:25 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

drug bridge closed down ! no more drugs at the gathering ! laugh right !

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
61 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

laticiagibson, ledak78964, xidotir783, nopigot360, pibovos856

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845