May 18, 2024
13 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Checklist for gathering
June 24, 2013
1:30 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Frog said
I love the pit. I'm 29 , and I always end up in the pit. I always tell myself I'm not gonna pit, but once that's music starts,it draws me in.if the pit is filled with small people, I usually leave. Also I don't like when girls get in the pit, I don't hit women, and I won't do it while moshing either

If everyone in attendance thought the same i wouldnt worry about my girl. I still need to know what to do to keep her glasses from breaking thho

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

June 24, 2013
2:01 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Frog said
I usually buy new socks for every gathering. Even tho they get destroyed, brand new socks every day at the gathering is a great feeling. 

this is true.  a really worthwhile investment.

and a roll of trash bags.  useful for all kinds of shit;  collecting laundry, improvised sun screening, place mats.

and, get this, you can even put your trash in them.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 24, 2013
7:33 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9045

So I was at this nutty mostly-metal festival and I was moshing, couple years ago, this tall kid hit me and I fell on this sharp ass rock that was 3/4 in the ground.. with my knee. Ate some orange ecstacy and drank a lot. Woke up with blood caked beneath my jeans the next morning. Ever since then, my right knee will give out randomly and I'll fall the fuck over and scream for a bit. I regret nothing.

And yeah, girls in the pit makes me extra fatherly. Like I'll try to shield them from getting mangled lol.

Aw, CAUGHT IN A MOSH!!

June 24, 2013
11:54 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

So on the off chance everyone isn't cool n leaves her alone/shields her, do they make goggles to protect glasses or anything?

June 25, 2013
1:51 am
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

checklist : a boxcutter !!!kiss

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

June 25, 2013
2:45 am
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members
Forum Posts: 492

LTB said
So on the off chance everyone isn't cool n leaves her alone/shields her, do they make goggles to protect glasses or anything?

Yeah...they're called goggles... Why would you subject her to the pit if she doesn't want to be in it, and you're afraid of her glasses breaking. Man the fuck up and stay out, or let her ride the rails. No need to carry her every where you go, not during the day anyways. 

June 25, 2013
7:10 am
Joeberg
Members
Forum Posts: 102

Unless your girl is in some way handicapped and unable to function on her own, she'll be just fine staying back while you go mosh it up. Just agree on a designated meeting spot for after (such as crip mountain) and it'll all work out. Plus, you can leave all your shit with her. Everybody wins. If you're dead set on dragging her in there though, hit up your local Lenscrafters before you go and get her some of them basketball glasses. Or just hit up Home Depot and get some of those big ass safety goggles. Those should fit over regular glasses though will likely be uncomfortable as fuck.

I usually leave the cooler in the car all weekend. If you fill it up with ice before you leave, you'll probably only need 1 additional bag during the weekend. You can ride into town and get it way cheaper.

Pack a hoodie and some long pants. It gets cold at night.

Disposable grills can be purchased at the dollar store. If you get some foil, you can cook up mass hotdogs and just wrap up the leftovers. It'll be hot as fuck in your car so that should keep em safe.

Take a hat and/or umbrella. Even if it's not raining, an umbrella will block the sun and keep you significantly cooler during the day.

June 25, 2013
2:05 pm
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members
Forum Posts: 549

Her glasses should be fine, but of your really worried

Get her contacts

From tadpoles to frogs to Jesus to legends.

June 25, 2013
2:11 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

Frog said
Her glasses should be fine, but of your really worried

Get her contacts

She cant wear/refuses to wear contacts.

June 25, 2013
11:51 pm
JuggaloJ
Members
Forum Posts: 498

Honesty the crowd/pit at the gathering aint shit. You gotta figure all them ninjas are out in the heat and partying 24/7. Exhaustion gets the best of most of them and the result is a mellow crowd. Of coarse, that's just my experience. Plus most Juggalos there look out for one another, so even if shit goes bad u can bet several people will help you get her out safely ASAP. I honestly would say your girl would be fine. If she's small tho, seeing over people close to the front might actually be her biggest problem.

June 26, 2013
1:19 am
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members

Lots of baby powder. One year, hot as fuck . Got the sickest jock itch . It hurt to walk cause my inner thighs were basically raw, from being damp, hot, and rubbing. Nobody had baby powder for sale. The med tent gave me like a tea spoon, ain't help. I ended up cutting some of the garbage bags I had, wrapping up my thighs in them, just to reduce the friction. I take least 3 things of baby powder and 2 cans of spray powder/ jock itch spray every year now. In case I loose one, or in case I run into someone else who needs it. And its always fun to powder someone last day, if u can find someone who will let you. 

June 26, 2013
4:17 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members

laughMonkey Butt !laugh

June 29, 2013
1:18 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members

Speaking of getting sick after Gathering, last year I made sure to take some drinks that were high in vitamin C (Hawaiian Punch and grape juice) and drank them every day. I also took Zicam mouth spray, and used that twice a day regardless of if I felt sick or not. Zicam isn't cheap, but it boosts your immune system and it kept me from getting sick! I'm absolutely going to do the same thing this year.

I also recommend taking a hoodie because one of the nights last year, you were able to see your breath! A good, warm blanket is a must, but I also took a battery operated fan to keep me cool on the warmer nights (I think I used the fan the first two nights, then moved to the cozy blanket for the last four nights).

And as far as food...I took enough stuff to have one meal at camp, plus some snacks, and planned on buying one meal a day. The gyros are OFF THE CHAIN so I would definitely suggest planning a few bucks to get one. I took some packs of powdered and chocolate donuts, which were a nice, filling snack at like 1:00am when I was waiting for someone at 2nd stage.

And the one thing I definitely won't go there without is rubber gloves. I used them every time I went in a port-a-potty because there are no sinks anywhere to wash your hands.

-Jules

August 2, 2013
5:10 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

Money got tight, here's what we got

2 bags of chex mix

3 bags sunflower seeds

22 packs of ramen (and the pots to cookm jn)

30 hotdogs

2 loaves bread

lots of water

baby powder

trash bags

toilet paper

wet wipes

walkie talkie

what should we add? only for 110 dollars left for supplies

August 2, 2013
5:16 pm
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members

flash light is a must. and extra batteries for it. hand sanitizer too. and couple cases of water.

August 2, 2013
5:17 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

Frog said
flash light is a must. and extra batteries for it. hand sanitizer too. and couple cases of water.

Got all that, didnt list the flash light cus i sidnt figure it counted. 

August 2, 2013
5:45 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

New socks really do get maximum bang for buck at GOTJ. I highly recommend it. Spare batteries. Some contingency cash. Sharpie. Maybe asprin or whatever if you are prone to headaches. Stay hydrated.

August 2, 2013
6:04 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Guest said
New socks really do get maximum bang for buck at GOTJ. I highly recommend it. Spare batteries. Some contingency cash. Sharpie. Maybe asprin or whatever if you are prone to headaches. Stay hydrated.

Sage words.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

August 2, 2013
6:38 pm
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members

You should take a signature book too. I always take a new one every year. But i'm in to that kind of thing. It's just a hard bound book with thick blank white pages. Get anyone and everyone you like to sign it, most of them will do it without a second thought. Something cool to look back on. And leave the first couple pages blank so you can write shit in them you want to remember like dates, cool ninjas you met numbers and shit. 

August 2, 2013
9:51 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members

checklist ! bullet proof vest !

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
41 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

PedroAbach, laticiagibson, xidotir783

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845