May 18, 2024
14 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Checklist for gathering
June 22, 2013
11:16 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Water (2 or 3 24-pack cases)

peanutbutter (big tub)

bags of pretzels

beef jerky (lots)

Trail mix

assorted canned nuts

energy bars

any suggestions for things to add/remove? This is my first time n i dont wanna bring perishables/junk food cus from what i've gathered energy foods (salty stuff n proteins) r what i need And ice is way overpriced/scarce so perishables r a bad idea. I'm gonna b sleepin in my car so i dont need a tent or very much bug spray. What am i missing? This feels too simple.

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

June 22, 2013
11:25 pm
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members
Forum Posts: 492

Why would you bring peanut butter? That's pretty dumb. 

Cans of popable spaghettios, or cans of assorted chef boyardee. That's what I eat all weekend. I just get a case of chef boyardee ravioli. Pop one of them bitches open and suck it down. 

June 22, 2013
11:28 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

RydaFoLife said
Why would you bring peanut butter? That's pretty dumb. 

Cans of popable spaghettios, or cans of assorted chef boyardee. That's what I eat all weekend. I just get a case of chef boyardee ravioli. Pop one of them bitches open and suck it down. 

Peanut butter's non perishable and goes bomb with pretzels. plus it's sweet and a protein. I cant do uncooked camned foods unless im stoned or starving, 

June 22, 2013
11:35 pm
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members

uncooked? Everything in a can is cooked......

June 22, 2013
11:37 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

RydaFoLife said

Lol gotta knit pick dontcha homie, i meant not heated

June 22, 2013
11:44 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559

LTB said

RydaFoLife said

start a fire and heat it up surprised

June 22, 2013
11:46 pm
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members

I wasn't trying to nitpick. I was just making sure we were on the same page. I keep that shit in the trunk and when I pull it out it's plenty hot lol. 

On to the list

I take 5 MRE's. Which come with iodine tabs for water cleaning, and plenty of water proof matches. You get lost in the woods or something and have a few iodine tabs you'll thank me. I have a few saline syringes without tips that are used as wound cleaners, and a normal ER kit. You can also suck them down for hydration, but they don't taste very good. Take a can opener, even if you don't need it guaranteed someone will. 

Protein Bars

Ketchup

Condoms

BABY WIPES unscented of course

Papers, and blunts

Clean CD cases for ripping fat lines

NoS balloons because they always run out before the tank does.

Pain pills for bartering

Skrilla forilla.

June 22, 2013
11:54 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

RydaFoLife said
I wasn't trying to nitpick. I was just making sure we were on the same page. I keep that shit in the trunk and when I pull it out it's plenty hot lol. 

On to the list

I take 5 MRE's. Which come with iodine tabs for water cleaning, and plenty of water proof matches. You get lost in the woods or something and have a few iodine tabs you'll thank me. I have a few saline syringes without tips that are used as wound cleaners, and a normal ER kit. You can also suck them down for hydration, but they don't taste very good. Take a can opener, even if you don't need it guaranteed someone will. 

Protein Bars

Ketchup

Condoms

BABY WIPES unscented of course

Papers, and blunts

Clean CD cases for ripping fat lines

NoS balloons because they always run out before the tank does.

Pain pills for bartering

Skrilla forilla.

For what, I don't need them cus my girl has birth control implant, i dont put nothin up my nose, what?, and i'd rather barter with the many newports i'll have wit me.

June 22, 2013
11:55 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

PunkRockJuggalo said

LTB said

RydaFoLife said

start a fire and heat it up surprised

No fires this year i heard?

June 23, 2013
12:09 am
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members

There's "no fires" every year. All it means is keep them small. 

June 23, 2013
1:33 am
VoiceNameless
VoiceNameless
732, NJ
Members
Forum Posts: 307

- *Toilet Paper* (thank me later) / Baby Wipes
- Secondary (charged) Cell Phone Battery & Car Charger
- Stash away emergency cash (aside from what you may be carrying on your person), shit happens and you never know.
- Identification, AAA Card, Debit/Credit Cards
- If you have a way to keep ice cold, get as much as possible. $8-9 a bag is insane.
- Ice Packs
- Aside from water, anything with Electrolytes (Gator-Aid, PowerAid, etc). You'll be surprised the difference it makes.
- If you have the room, pack extra clothes, goes along with "Shit Happens" lol.
- Cooking / Eating Utensils
- Shower Supplies (Body Wash / Soap, Towels, Flip Flops or something if you don't wanna step in barefoot)
- *Sun Block*, Hats / Bandannas for shade.
- Stock up on basic emergency supplies, aspirin, and anything you may be prescribed.
- Lightweight Fold-able Chairs (again, thank me later)
- Some kind of easy access backpack (or purse if you're a chick) so you can take what you need with you for the day and just go.
- Extra Cigarettes and Lighters.
- A positive, respectful attitude toward others and a willingness to have a good time without shitting on the enjoyment of the rest of us attending. =)

Everything else is pretty much preference. If there are any substances you enjoy, it's more cost effective to bring your own, but there's always the risk of travel. I highly do not recommend sleeping in your vehicle unless its an RV or something, after the first night or two you're going to be dieing in your car or out of gas from running the AC. Also, don't just focus on non-perishables unless you know for sure you're good to go with what you got, any kind of portable snacks really come in handy (be diverse, the longer you're in that heat the more you realize what your body really needs to keep going). I'll throw more up on here as I think of it.

Man, I even got my own bucket with a toilet seat this year lol, fuck the bullshit. Hope to get to see a lot of you face to face this year!

Much Love!

June 23, 2013
1:41 am
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members

I would disagree about car sleeping. I've not once taken or slept in a tent. Only ever my truck. With no AC blaring because the fumes from your exhaust blow into everyone else's camp and that's straight fucked. If you sleep like a normal person (During the night) The heat will wake you up by about 10am if you sleep in a vehicle. It's a nice alarm clock to start your day off right. It's only hot in a car when the sun is out, honestly. Always keep your window cracked about an inch, and at least one door unlocked in case someone has to get you out.

June 23, 2013
1:57 am
VoiceNameless
VoiceNameless
732, NJ
Members

Rydas got a point. I've camped next to people who've ran their AC or at least had the car going most of the time they were at their site and it really is a pain in the ass if they're in close quarters with people camping. Not even the fumes (which suck) but the added heat off the car sucks. Regardless, its not impossible to pull off, but depending on how much room you got in htere with all of your shit it might not be so comfortable. Your new nickname is gonna end up being Kinked Neck Killa or some shit lol. If you do, def keep the window cracked like you said, don't underestimate the heat.

June 23, 2013
1:59 am
VoiceNameless
VoiceNameless
732, NJ
Members

And as far as clothes go, as hot as it is during the day, it gets pretty cold at night, so don't pack expecting only hot weather. Also, any kind of rain shit (ponchos, etc) is good to have just in case.

June 23, 2013
2:53 am
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

Thanks y'all, some of this shit is rly helpful. Like first aid kits and toilet paper.

June 23, 2013
3:05 am
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members

If you can, try to run a cycle of antibiotics a few days before and continue during the gathering. I found it's the best way to almost 100% stop yourself from getting the gathering plague. Niggas be out for WEEKS with that shit. 

June 23, 2013
3:06 am
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

RydaFoLife said
If you can, try to run a cycle of antibiotics a few days before and continue during the gathering. I found it's the best way to almost 100% stop yourself from getting the gathering plague. Niggas be out for WEEKS with that shit. 

Gathering plague?

June 23, 2013
3:11 am
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members

You don't know what the gathering plague is!?!?

All of that dirt and dust gets in your system. All of that nasty ass and dirty dick water gets into your system. MOTHA FUCKAS BE SMELLY AND DIRTY RUBBING ON YOU ALL WEEKEND. 

EVERYONE gets sick. It usually lasts at least a week. Starting the day after you get home. 

June 23, 2013
3:25 am
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

Sounds like montezuma's revenge lmao.

June 23, 2013
4:58 pm
VoiceNameless
VoiceNameless
732, NJ
Members

Gathering plauge is no joke dude lol. Glad to know we're not the only ones over here who get sick after each year. Thats a really good idea with the antibiotics, might just have to do something along those lines this year and see if it works. If it does, I'm sellin Amoxocillin on the fuckin bridge lol.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
44 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

PedroAbach, laticiagibson, xidotir783

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845