May 8, 2024
47 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Cave-In-Rock Vs. Thornville
July 27, 2014
9:33 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Tell me what you think ninjas. I know it may be tough as our newest home is brand freakin new, but for those who have made it to both locations which do you prefer? (I can't speak on the ones previous to Cave-In-Rock as I was never there.)

What

• Legend Valley(62% : 8 votes)
  • Hogrock(38% : 5 votes)
Total Voters: 13

I'll say this in a heart beat... I want the GOTJ back at Legend Valley for the next 2-3 years! The camping was outstanding! The food was outstanding! There was cell phone service! And the best of all (aside from all the Juggalos/Juggalettes) you can walk off grounds anytime to go get beer, liquour, food, hookers, etc and bring it all back with you!

Much props to the owners of the venue! Thank you for having us!

July 28, 2014
6:36 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

oh, i dont know, it has its flaws...  

but all in all, i think ill have to go with legend valley.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 28, 2014
1:40 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

Dude, the camping was abysmal. People were packed on top of each other to the point that you could barely walk between the campsites in most places. At some point, the grounds were closed because they were full and people were made to camp in the parking lot. They had EIGHT shower stalls per gender for the entire campground, and some people ended up waiting over two hours for a shower. The grounds were even hillier than Hog Rock, with the actual camping space being much smaller and much less shaded. Big Baller sites had lots of issues with power, and issues with people taking up more space than they should have been allotted. I would NOT camp at this location again.

That being said, there were tons of things that were nicer than Hogrock. Cell phone service was great. The food was better this year IMO (I mean, who didn't drink multiple daquiris from the giant strawberry??). The venues themselves (performance stages, seminar tent, wrestling ring, carnival rides) were just as good as Hogrock, and functioned well for the size crowd that was there. The layout, for the most part, seemed logical and easy to get around, with the exception of the wrestling ring. It was nice to have water taps available for filling larger items and washing things (saw one person bringing their grill to the tap to clean it out).

The location of the venue to me is a wash because it had its good and bad points. It was VERY easy to find, and civilization is RIGHT THERE outside the gate. I joked that if I really had to, I could take a cab to a nearby truck stop to shower. Lots of people made trips to the gas station on the corner, and reported that they weren't gouging prices. But then, part of the charm of Hogrock is that you really felt that you were leaving the outside world behind for a while. You'd get off the highway and drive for an hour into the middle of nowhere before arriving. I never quite got that feeling of really disconnecting from the world at Legend Valley the way I did at Hogrock.

Hogrock will always be Shangri-La to me, but I would gladly go back to another Gathering at Legend Valley, if I could get an offsite hotel instead of camping.

-Jules

December 11, 2014
9:02 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3593

I must have missed this thread when it first popped up, that's some cool info @verytwiztidraven 

Having made the pilgrimage myself to the 2011 Gathering in Hog Rock , would be hard to imagine another location being as dope.

Of course a lot of ninjas(including TWIZTID) think the 2011 Gathering was the best ever, so maybe I'm spoiled laugh

December 12, 2014
7:41 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

I liked both spots for different reasons. And I dislike both spots for other reasons too. I prefer it only a 6hr drive for me as opposed to about a 20hr drive. Ohio is closer. The spot in Ohio was less secluded and society and the town was down the street. It was nice to go back to the hotel a few times to shower up. Cave-In-Rock seemed much bigger, and really in the middle of nowhere. The 3 times I've went there I remember how remote it was. That was nice. But shitty too, wheres the closest hospital?

The spot in Ohio seemed packed and really small. It was nice but it was different. Not much of a hike around those camp grounds but the hill leading up to the seminar tent was a pain. Same with the hill where JCW was at. Not as bad as that hill at Cave-In-Rock though. That hill seemed a lot worse. I liked the Cave-In-Rock spot a lot more.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

December 12, 2014
8:19 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Damn, @ganjagoblin ! You just threw my gathering fever into high gear. Thanks a lot :P

Oh, And did you add those new emoticons on the forum?  I've said in the awards thread, @ganjagoblin for moderator of the year! Your work behind the scenes is mostly a thankless job, so I have to say thank you for work on the code behind the scenes. cheers_gif

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
December 13, 2014
12:21 am
Members
Forum Posts: 1579

I love listening to you guy's stories about The Gatherings yall have been to. The good and bad. I really wish I could have made once to The Gathering during it's years at Hogrock. The stories are legendary. I really missed out. *sigh* Now it's at a new location, a new state. But it's even farther away from me now. Issues issues issues. Fuck. I know that when I finally get to a Gathering, I'm gonna be so geeked. Just, $$$. There's never enough of that.

"I Just Wanna Hide Inside My Own Private Hell"- Boondox

December 13, 2014
12:24 am
JonnMilenko
JonnMilenko
Members
Forum Posts: 188

I agree with most of what Raven said....i prefer Hogrock, its the only Gathering i knew before Legend Valley.

I loved the 13 hour Meca every year...just the long voyage, the stops, the Juggalos you start to see the closer you get...

Legend Valley is 2 1/2 hours away...STALE.

Fuck showers, thats 2 hours i can spend trying to do the 1000 things there is to do....i bring mad Babywipes....if my balls got too sticky i jumped in the Ohio river, or in the last few years Lake Hep...i aint scarred.

Legend Valley, no fuckin water....Anywhere, that puddle Corp. n em fish out of doesnt count.

I dont get a Balls site....im a scrub, im there to camp, get mad dirty and maybe a lil bit of Ebola and Disentary, fuck your Electric and Water...richies.

Legend Valley...No Water and most no Electric.....for $450.....nah dog, im good.

I dug the shit out of the fact you had to take a shit 90 miles BEFORE you got to Hogrock, cause it was so far out there in Wrong-Turnville....

Legend Valley....you can Leave......stale......i spend 364 days out of the year trying to get TO the Gathering....im not leaving till they throw us out....

Spazmatic.....Epic Gathering spot within the Gathering

Legend Valley......a tent..........and Entertainment...

At Hog rock i never felt crowded in, you could camp anywhere and still not be right up a ninja's ass.

Legend Valley, everyone mad dashed to mark off their whole state a spot which left very little for just small groups and ninja's was packed in on top of each other...and nasty ass ninjas will piss anywhere.

Hogrock: DRUGBRIDGE

Legend Valley: where the fuck are the Drugs???....straightedge Ninjas might bitch, but it was Missed

Hogrock had scattered Merch booths....i DID like having all the Merch in one central spot...

Legend Valley EVERYTHING was in one spot, i didnt feel the need to venture to far out the main area, therefor i feel like i didnt meet as many new Ninjas this year.

and finaly

Hogrock : No Cops

Legend Valley: COPS

December 13, 2014
12:35 am
Members

JonnMilenko said
I agree with most of what Raven said....i prefer Hogrock, its the only Gathering i knew before Legend Valley.

I loved the 13 hour Meca every year...just the long voyage, the stops, the Juggalos you start to see the closer you get...

Fuck showers, thats 2 hours i can spend trying to do the 1000 things there is to do....i bring mad Babywipes....if my balls got too sticky i jumped in the Ohio river, or in the last few years Lake Hep...i aint scarred.

Legend Valley, no fuckin water....Anywhere, that puddle Corp. n em fish out of doesnt count.

I dont get a Balls site....im a scrub, im there to camp, get mad dirty and maybe a lil bit of Ebola and Disentary, fuck your Electric and Water...richies.

Legend Valley...No Water and most no Electric.....for $450.....nah dog, im good.

I dug the shit out of the fact you had to take a shit 90 miles BEFORE you got to Hogrock, cause it was so far out there in Wrong-Turnville....

Legend Valley....you can Leave......stale......i spend 364 days out of the year trying to get TO the Gathering....im not leaving till they throw us out....

Spazmatic.....Epic Gathering spot within the Gathering

Legend Valley......a tent..........and Entertainment...

At Hog rock i never felt crowded in, you could camp anywhere and still not be right up a ninja's ass.

Legend Valley, everyone mad dashed to mark off their whole state a spot which left very little for just small groups and ninja's was packed in on top of each other...and nasty ass ninjas will piss anywhere.

Legend Valley: where the fuck are the Drugs???....straightedge Ninjas might bitch, but it was Missed

Hogrock had scattered Merch booths....i DID like having all the Merch in one central spot...

Legend Valley EVERYTHING was in one spot, i didnt feel the need to venture to far out the main area, therefor i feel like i didnt meet as many new Ninjas this year.

and finaly

Wait a minute, I heard cops raided the drugbridge in 2013... and that was at hogrock.

December 13, 2014
2:22 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

86 said  
But it's even farther away from me now.    

unless its right around the corner, distance is irrelevant.  just means more money and time, the further out you are.  

plan accordingly.  

JonnMilenko said

i would not describe that as stale.  

you could always drive around the wrong way for a few hours.  

Legend Valley, everyone mad dashed to mark off their whole state a spot which left very little for just small groups and ninja's was packed in on top of each other

there was actually a lot of under-utilized space, but not many seemed to be lookin for it.  unfamiliar as they were with the lay of the land.  plus, that map was absurdly misleading.  [i was irritated by that.  whoever doodled that shit cant read maps.  idve drawn one that was ten times more accurate for free.]  

the mad dash thing...  if they dont get the camping space sorted out for next year, i forsee this leading to a few 'might makes right' situations.  which would not be good.  

...and nasty ass ninjas will piss anywhere.

if you cant walk for thirty seconds to the damn treeline to take a piss, youre a scumfuck muthafucka.  

boo.  

actually, i got a big kick out of it.  little hamsterdam.  

but for the greater good, definitely boo.  

they were there, just not bein pushed into ninjas faces.  as is proper.  the druggies just had to, ya know, look for them.  

and finaly

refer to 86s point.  

but one must admit, those cops were being exceptionally easy with us, all things considered.  

there was a lot of stuff fucked up with the new spot, but theres been a lot of stuff fucked up with every gathering ive been to.  

if wishes were horses, then wed have had it at the lake of the ozarks.  and we all woulda said, 'hey, this isnt half bad.'  

frankly, i was glad the gathering happened at all last year.  

December 13, 2014
9:10 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators

I have some issues but it is with both places.

They need to ban the caution tape. You finally make it in and campers have sectioned off 10 campsites with the tape so no one but the cliques they formed years ago can camp again together. When did cliques form in the juggalo community that excludes other juggalos. This is the Gathering.... Gather Harder! Make NEW friends.

And parking/getting in. That will probably always be an issue. We arrived early and were like within the first 50 cars there. They opened the parking lot for the night before and the way they loaded people in we ended up towards the back of one of the rows even though it was one of the first few rows. When they opened the gates the next morning, we ended up being way in the back (thousands already ahead of us that only arrived a few hours ago) and almost could not find a campsite. The attendants made people take down the stupid caution tape so they could fit more people in. These people were "holding" the spots for a huge section and argued that they always camp together with the same people. But they had to take it down and they ended up meeting (forced to meet) new gathering friends.

It's not the Gathering of the exclusionary cliques. It's the Gathering of the Juggalos. GATHER HARDER!

December 13, 2014
9:32 am
dood
Members
Forum Posts: 335

whoa, I didn't know about people doing that caution tape bullshit. The few festivals ive been to, ive seen people try to do things of that nature. its definitely lame.

December 13, 2014
9:51 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators

Ok ninjas. Had some coffee. Feeling better now.

Don't take me wrong, All the gatherings have been exceptional. I completely enjoyed them. There were way more positive things than negative and I would never want to miss one. The parking/entry and caution tape are really my only problems. Everything else is all good.

At legend, cops were very nice and even Whooped. They didn't even care about ninjas smoking those left handed cigs.

The blatant, in your face, drug selling was toned way down. If you wanted to partake you had to use your ninja and social skills to acquire.

Nudity still existed, which I have no problem with ;) but the over the top sleaze was way down. I am glad the "Lette's Respect" movement took off so well (props to @wow-a-chick and Jumpsteady for that).

Wrestling stage was a bit of an endurance walk (reminiscent of "Fuck this Hill" from HogRock) but still doable. The official Faygoluver's Meetup Massacre should be somewhere else next time. I think the Spazmatic Hangout, or what they now call Bizzarro World, would be an ideal spot for it.

I hit the showers daily between 5am and 6am so I never had to wait. Walked right in, took my time washing my paint off, got out and there was still no line.

I would like to see the next GOTJ be extended one more day kinda like they did in 2012. We were one of the lucky ones that made it in a day early that year due to @krunkazphuk 's extreme driving so it was like 2 extra days for us. It seemed to last forever.

For ninja's debating no whether to go or not, ignore all the negative things you have read or heard (even from me). Just go. You will enjoy it!

Start putting that dollar in the piggy bank every day and you will have enough to go. And don't break into that piggy bank for any reason except for the Gathering. And remember that tickets go on sale right about the time IRS refund checks arrive. That's a good time to buy the tickets so you lock yourself in to going.

"Gather Harder!"
"2 Scoops of Whoop!"
and don't forget the "Lathering of the Buffalos!"

December 13, 2014
2:32 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3593

I think Jumpsteady put out a statement saying they were gonna make sure there was no caution tape bullshit next year.

December 13, 2014
4:47 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Psyral Infection said  
I have some issues but it is with both places.  
They need to ban the caution tape.    

yeah, that shit is dumb.  

i figure, if it comes down to it, and theres nowhere to set up except the crime scenes, im just gonna set up in one, and thank them for holding my spot.  course, that would be clearly asking for some headbutting.  and like i said, might makes right.  

And parking/getting in. That will probably always be an issue.   

i dont know what the fuck to do about this.  they could have twelve foot tall transformers-lookin robots directing traffic, itd still be a clusterfuck.  

Nudity still existed, which I have no problem with ;) but the over the top sleaze was way down. I am glad the "Lette's Respect" movement took off so well (props to @wow-a-chick and Jumpsteady for that).  

heres hoping the over the top sleaze will continue to trend downward.  

Wrestling stage was a bit of an endurance walk (reminiscent of "Fuck this Hill" from HogRock) but still doable. The official Faygoluver's Meetup Massacre should be somewhere else next time. I think the Spazmatic Hangout, or what they now call Bizzarro World, would be an ideal spot for it.  

anywhere else.  definitely not down that hill.  i dont think there couldve been a worse location, including the parking lot.  

that became obvious about three minutes after we passed through the gate.  when we, ya know, had to turn around and go back out the gate to get there.  

if we knew for certain that it was gonna be there, my vote would be to meetup next to the big strawberry.  pretty much the same spot as 'bizarro'.  

I would like to see the next GOTJ be extended one more day kinda like they did in 2012. We were one of the lucky ones that made it in a day early that year due to @krunkazphuk 's extreme driving so it was like 2 extra days for us. It seemed to last forever.  

id like to see it extended by eight or nine days.  in fact, lets just keep it goin at all times, and everyone comes in an out when they can.  that sounds like fun.

but yeah, 2012 was a marathon.  

For ninja's debating no whether to go or not, ignore all the negative things you have read or heard (even from me). Just go. You will enjoy it!

there it is.  

December 13, 2014
7:09 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

I hope we can get that campsite again. It was perfect.

December 13, 2014
8:07 pm
DrFreshness
DrFreshness
Members
Forum Posts: 596

Last year, I kinda thought about it all year but I wasn't really planning on going... as the date got closer though I was totally down to say fuck it and just get in the car.  I would have, but someone in my family ended up in a life threatening medical situation during the Gathering so I had to help out with that.  Next year though, the Dr. is fucking IN!  

ma I ohw tnia I nmaddog
map deman sehctib taf gib nikcuf syawla m'I
December 13, 2014
9:07 pm
Members

LuckyNumbrXIII said  I do however want to go to a hallowicked in Detroit. 

I've thought about Hallowicked. But the two reasons I'd prefer a Gathering over a Hallowicked: One, a Gathering lasts longer and two, Hallowicked is in Detroit, and fuck that I am not going into Detroit. 

I know everyone talks about "The D" like it's the coolest place on earth, but christ, if a city has a sign posted outside the city limits that reads "Enter At Your Own Risk" and "Our Police Staff Is Grossly Under staffed and Under paid", it's just common sense not to put yourself in a place like that. Especially when you don't know anybody. 

December 13, 2014
9:17 pm
JiffyLong
JiffyLong
Members
Forum Posts: 2163

86 said

LuckyNumbrXIII said  I do however want to go to a hallowicked in Detroit. 

I've thought about Hallowicked. But the two reasons I'd prefer a Gathering over a Hallowicked: One, a Gathering lasts longer and two, Hallowicked is in Detroit, and fuck that I am not going into Detroit. 

I know everyone talks about "The D" like it's the coolest place on earth, but christ, if a city has a sign posted outside the city limits that reads "Enter At Your Own Risk" and "Our Police Staff Is Grossly Under staffed and Under paid", it's just common sense not to put yourself in a place like that. Especially when you don't know anybody. 

Lol! Yeah I saw that sign. Someone showed me. 

"Your girl fucked me 'cause you cummin' quicker than FedEx Air"- Sean Law

December 13, 2014
10:02 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

piggofdoom said  
I hope we can get that campsite again. It was perfect.    

there it also is.  

[under that big ass, shady tree?  right?  wink, wink]  

DrFreshness said  
Next year though, the Dr. is fucking IN!   

there it also also is.  

LuckyNumbrXIII said
Does it make me a bad juggalo to not want to go to the gathering?  Just no interest. 

there it isnt?  

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

AlfredoHyday, adult movies, RobertNop, Shawnmup, Alfredtes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845