May 23, 2024
14 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hatchetman
Denver - DCGCon 2018
May 13, 2018
9:34 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
301sp_Permalink sp_Print

There was a point where this seemed more fresh than the gathering so we were on the fence at which we were going to attend. Im sure some of you ninjas had the same thought and chose this instead. I feel really bad it got messed up...

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

May 13, 2018
10:16 am
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3598
302sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

cig

May 13, 2018
10:25 am
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
303sp_Permalink sp_Print
From the front lines-

Dale Corey Sanford said- All I know is we rolled up today at the crowne plaza around 10. Had Juggalos alteady plastered in the parking lot, some ninjas were passing around pills in a circle and all in broad daylight. The first day was fun and a complete blast. My wife and daughter were enjoying ourselves. Had an arrest in the parking lot and a kid busted for pills during the pat down at the concert. Not sure I buy a BBS attack as a reason after witnessing this shit today

cig

May 13, 2018
10:55 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
304sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 13, 2018
1:08 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424
305sp_Permalink sp_Print

This isn't anything new for Denver. I've seen people at shows jumped, stabbed, clocked with bottles, you name it. Cars got flipped on a good night. ICP would encourage the madness, commending us while they were stage. Fueling the reputation and it was all good. This had been going down since day one. The ambulance made more than one trip per show. Police in riot gear, helicopters, street wrestling, news crews. Remember, the clowns have been banned in Denver for close to a decade because of a particularly gruesome stabbing at the Happy Dayz tour. This is old hat. Coming into an environment like that you have to know to check your privilege because it doesn't mean shit up here. If you feel safe enough to tell a squad that their set is bitch, you better be ready for a rebuttal. I've argued it more than once on this forum: Denver is harder than you think. Gang Related was not seen as satire here, it was a roadmap.

When PSY used to play here, Live Nation did the security. Professional, full time, corn-fed bouncer types. Even they had their hands full. After a few incidents, LN started paying extra to have a security guard sit outside the venue the night before. The night before. Then they started paying two. They've always had their hands full here and PSY knew that going into DCGcon. They should have sprung for professionals like Live Nation provided for them in the past. Don't cut corners on security at this altitude. Muthafuckas get wild. Outsourcing security to a amateurs was in itself, an amateur move.

ICP turning 180 on the gang mentality was a tough pivot. Pulling it off was one thing, expecting the whole squad to follow suit was insanity. In this day and age with internet trolling, ICP's contradictory messages and Colorado gangsterism, I'm legit surprised someone didn't get killed. We have that to be grateful for.

Anyways, fuck your hood. Stay safe everyone. See you at the Gathering.

May 13, 2018
1:26 pm
BigMomma
BigMomma
Members
Forum Posts: 18
306sp_Permalink sp_Print

klatschen said

sadly probably by tomorrow I will have more whoops than posts to my name so that means no interactions  

You still haven't learned your lesson have you?

Since you know that you are being bad, you can go sit in the corner until i say you can come out.  No dinner for you tonight young man.

👵🐱

May 13, 2018
1:29 pm
WigglefarmerMD
WigglefarmerMD
Members
Forum Posts: 107
307sp_Permalink sp_Print

The whole thing is a bummer. I won't pretend to know who or what was at fault. Fwiw, this will be the first and last time most of us think about "Body Bag Syndikate." They may seem like a big deal to those living deep in the Juggalo wormhole, but they are not.

May 13, 2018
1:32 pm
BigMomma
BigMomma
Members
308sp_Permalink sp_Print

Miklo Velka said
 Here is the truth that cats like Spooky don't want you to here

If you did your homework, you wouldn't have spelled that wrong. 

Since you think your shit don't stink and you want to throw dirt around, you will take your medicine and go to your bed for the rest of the night.

👵🐱

May 13, 2018
1:36 pm
BigMomma
BigMomma
Members
309sp_Permalink sp_Print

Guest said

This isn't anything new for Denver. I've seen people at shows jumped, stabbed, clocked with bottles, you name it. Cars got flipped on a good night. ICP would encourage the madness, commending us while they were stage. Fueling the reputation and it was all good. This had been going down since day one. The ambulance made more than one trip per show. Police in riot gear, helicopters, street wrestling, news crews. Remember, the clowns have been banned in Denver for close to a decade because of a particularly gruesome stabbing at the Happy Dayz tour. This is old hat. Coming into an environment like that you have to know to check your privilege because it doesn't mean shit up here. If you feel safe enough to tell a squad that their set is bitch, you better be ready for a rebuttal. I've argued it more than once on this forum: Denver is harder than you think. Gang Related was not seen as satire here, it was a roadmap.

When PSY used to play here, Live Nation did the security. Professional, full time, corn-fed bouncer types. Even they had their hands full. After a few incidents, LN started paying extra to have a security guard sit outside the venue the night before. The night before. Then they started paying two. They've always had their hands full here and PSY knew that going into DCGcon. They should have sprung for professionals like Live Nation provided for them in the past. Don't cut corners on security at this altitude. Muthafuckas get wild. Outsourcing security to a amateurs was in itself, an amateur move.

ICP turning 180 on the gang mentality was a tough pivot. Pulling it off was one thing, expecting the whole squad to follow suit was insanity. In this day and age with internet trolling, ICP's contradictory messages and Colorado gangsterism, I'm legit surprised someone didn't get killed. We have that to be grateful for.

Anyways, fuck your hood. Stay safe everyone. See you at the Gathering.  

What did i say about hanging out with them hoodlums.

I guest I'm going to have to add more chores to your list to keep your time allowed outside to a minimum.

Now go cut the grass.

👵🐱

May 13, 2018
1:39 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members

BigMomma said
Since you think your shit doesn't stink

Fixed.

Simple fucking grammar, bitch.

cig

May 13, 2018
1:42 pm
TheFvckinKreeper
TheFvckinKreeper
Members
Forum Posts: 585
311sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shh-pht!

Whoop Whoop TheFvckinKreeper :

Skratchie, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy
May 13, 2018
1:48 pm
BigMomma
BigMomma
Members
312sp_Permalink sp_Print

krunkazphuk said
Wow, @klatschen has a post that's over 4 hours old!

spiderman-dance-gif-10.gifImage Enlarger

I realize it'll soon be deleted from some truck stop or Waffle House, but Spider-Man gives

Zero-Fucks.jpgImage Enlarger

Young lady, what did i tell you about feeding the wildlife?

Now i have to call an exterminator to rid the pests.

You best believe your allowance is going to cover the costs too.

You're also grounded from using the computer for two weeks.

👵🐱

May 13, 2018
1:51 pm
BigMomma
BigMomma
Members
313sp_Permalink sp_Print

Miklo Velka said

BigMomma said
Since you think your shit doesn't stink

Fixed.

Simple fucking grammar, bitch.

cig  

You watch your fucking mouth with that back talk.

You know damn well woman weren't allowed to go to school in my days.

You have earned yourself four lickings, now go find me a switch so you can get your well deserved punishment.

👵🐱

May 13, 2018
3:31 pm
CazanovaKidd220
CazanovaKidd220
Members
Forum Posts: 417
314sp_Permalink sp_Print

Did Hoodoo perform?

Whoop Whoop CazanovaKidd220 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 13, 2018
3:35 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
315sp_Permalink sp_Print

CazanovaKidd220 said
Did Hoodoo perform?  

Yeah, theres a video out there of him performing.

I cant remeber if it was on one of kreepers vids or someone elses tho

May 13, 2018
3:45 pm
CazanovaKidd220
CazanovaKidd220
Members
Forum Posts: 417
316sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok cool thanks. I was just a little worried that something happened with him cuz i didnt see him on any of the recent promotional stuff for it. That's the shit tho!

Whoop Whoop CazanovaKidd220 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 13, 2018
3:50 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
317sp_Permalink sp_Print

CazanovaKidd220 said
Ok cool thanks. I was just a little worried that something happened with him cuz i didnt see him on any of the recent promotional stuff for it. That's the shit tho!  

Psy promotion for artists has always been bad...i wouldnt worry too much about him, he is a staple of psy nowadays imo.

He has such an amazing love for the juggalos, and he seems like a smart guy who would have noticed that psy artists dont do as well as icp before signing...but being on psy definitely helped him gain more album sales than what he was doing prior to psy.

May 13, 2018
4:20 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
318sp_Permalink sp_Print

klatschen said

Klatschen is German for smack let's see if you can put 2 and 2 together 

sadly probably by tomorrow I will have more whoops than posts to my name so that means no interactions  

Lol no way, dude. You came back? Fuckin hell. Despite everything, I thought that once you made a big ole deal about you leaving you would have the self-respect to stay gone but apparently even giving you that much credit was overboard. Got ya. I mean, you never did anything to me so it's whatever to me honestly but just...damn, dude. That's depressing as fuck. 

You're not only the kid that takes their ball and goes home--you're the fuckin lil monster that comes back ten minutes later just to make sure that the kids aren't playing with someone elses. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 13, 2018
6:13 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9045

Back home now! 

Not ready for a full synopsis, but here are some of my bits and pieces:

● had a blast. Stellar time front to back.

● hanging with my peoples was the best. Made new friends and got to connect with the Faygoluvers squad: Scruffy, Scratchie, Hope, Sazarah, Kreeper, Pigg and Chieflocc. More too but i can't remember everything right now.

● Juggalos continue to be the most gracious of people. Also, very upbeat and improvisational.

● the unfortunateness brought me down for a total of maybe ten minutes. I always know there is a Plan B with the family. 

● the worst part was hearing the little girl cry when they shut down the convention center. Shit was wack. But kids ended up staying all over and had a nonstop wholesome time, regardless of the silliness.

● the only thing I will say about the drama is that it is unfortunate. And that video, to clarify (as I was right there when it happened), is actually of Scruffy seeing a small skirmish and immediately running over to make sure of minimal collateral damage. No more, no less. If his intentions were different, I dont know. It was such a minor part of the whole ordeal that we never actually spoke of it.

● the early-starting concerts were a blessing in disguise for old fucks like me. I managed to see most of Scum and Froggy Fresh and all of 2 Dope. Scum was solid, not exactly my favorite style of underground but he did great. Froggy Fresh was outrageously good. I talked some playful prejudiced shit about him, never having listened. But I was wrong. The dude is highly original and had good presence. I will be watching.

● 2 Dope had the best show for me. The mosh pit was perpetual. It never ended. We even moshed to fucking happy shit like "We Belong" lol. The man himself and DJ Clay took note and commended us.

● the big icy ice water jugs scattered here and there were fucking great. I dunno, I just love water lol. Simple things like that please me.

● Juggalo Family Feud was a definite highlight. Hilarious and everyone was smiling from ear to ear.

● The Roxi venue was packed to the gills, but it worked out perfect. Many Juggalos stayed behind at the Convention Center for games and hotel parties, as the ever-resilient gamers simply moved stuff to the hotel lobby and gamed on. 

● Got to meet my longtime internet friend Ill E. Gal and her dope boyfriend finally. That was a nice surprise. 

● The Nintendo tournament was awesome, despite being cut short due to dramatics. Scratchie kicked my anus at Marble Madness but hooked me up with dope stuff later on.

● another pleasant surprise was Mac Sabbath. I had no idea what to expect, so shrooms, herb and booze definitely intensified that spectacle lol. What a cool and funny show. Did anyone here get any hamburger yo-yos?

● much more happened but for now I'll just say that playing games, drinking, toking, tripping and laughing with the homies was the pinnacle. The drama did not affect me more than those ten minutes, so everything went great for me. For the hard working Juggalos that went through all the trouble and then got cut short or not at all given a chance, well, that's unspeakably wack. I told Jumpsteady how much we all appreciated everything that he and his people did, as well. 

Thanks again to Jumpsteady, Tall Jess and the rest of PSY, and to all those hard working Juggalos especially. It wont happen ever again at this venue, but I would gladly go to another Con in the future.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, MASTERWEEDO, Skratchie, Carnivalkilla44, djscrubb, TheFvckinKreeper, scruffy
May 13, 2018
9:02 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
320sp_Permalink sp_Print

More fresh flava from the con

app=desktop

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Old Mr Dangerous, TheFvckinKreeper
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

ficah56026, ziruo111, desiwi7254

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845