April 28, 2024
94 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
Hatchetman
Cold 187um - An Offer He Can't Refuse (Music Video)
November 28, 2012
3:11 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11703
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 28, 2012
5:21 pm
whoopwhoop
Guests

This is one of the worst things I've ever seen. There's another post on here about psychopathics downfall. two words Green Screen!!!! this shit is awful.

November 28, 2012
5:44 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

green screen>>>>>the best camera angles

tbh

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

November 28, 2012
5:56 pm
chops
Guests

i actually the thought the vid was decent....

November 28, 2012
7:06 pm
MC_Cryptid
MC_Cryptid
Members
Forum Posts: 53

There have been several of these videos now that are over-reliant on green screen.  This isn't in itself a problem; making videos like this is quick, cheap, effective, and they do look good.  However, this time around, the results came off as lazy.  ICP's "It's All Over" and Twiztid's "Raw Deal" spring to mind as videos that have utilised green screen heavily, and to great effect.  Before I saw this one, my least favorite was Boondox's "Red Mist" (to this day, I am still skeptical on Psychopathic getting clearances for all the copyrighted material in that video).  But now, this one takes the cake in terms of apparent lack of effort.

When I saw the video for "Night of the Chainsaw", a couple of friends were disappointed that it lacked the spit and polish of "Chris Benoit", but I dug the shit out of it because it looked very much like a Troma movie, and being an independent film maker myself, that kind of artistic quality appeals to me.  Videos done in this way, while more expensive than simple green screen videos, still have a visual pop to them that you simply cannot replicate with CGI - the organic will always trump the synthetic on screen.

I never comment on topics that seem to complain about things Psychopathic does because opinions are subjective and it isn't worth getting into a debate with no end over voicing your own opinions.  But this is one of those rare occasions where I feel I know enough from my own experience to state my opinion and feel comfortable with it being out there.

In closing, I would like to see more videos in the style of "Night of the Chainsaw" and "We Don't Die", essentially short films that look elaborate but don't need to cost a fortune, as the standard for a Psychopathic Records music video.  Perhaps they could blow out the budget and deliver something more extravagant for a big release, such as the videos for "Chris Benoit" and "In Yo Face" - those big, first impression videos for a new album.  Even something not so attention-grabbing but still enjoyable to watch like "Chicken Huntin" (the Riddlebox version) and "Tilt-A-Whirl" shouldn't cost a lot of money to make.

These green screen videos, though?  They should be used for commercial/promotional YouTube videos only; not for music videos.

November 28, 2012
7:15 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members
Forum Posts: 2381

I agree with most of your assessment, besides the fact, who are you to decide what psy does?

I'm also involved in low budget filmmaking and would love to hear what you've finished so far or what gear you are working with. 

Maybe if people like us feel a need to help with artistic merit, we should send in samples of what we've done already?

Feeling your pain, but noticing too many realistic blockades in the way...

Claps hands

November 28, 2012
7:22 pm
bohab
Guests

i like how he is standing on a lazy susan

November 28, 2012
7:47 pm
MC_Cryptid
MC_Cryptid
Members

Thanks for taking an interest in my work  :)  So far, I've shot 2 feature length documentaries;

One on location in Kenya back in 2009 for an Italian charity that was building a village out in the desert for hundreds of people in a tribe that live in Chakama (for more information on this project, hit up http://karibu.machegioia.it/ - the site is all in Italian though).  I filmed this with my life-long friend and former Psychopathic Records employee ATF (from the now defunct Europathic).  Due to legal complications the film was completed and delivered, but was never released.  There is a 6 part podcast that ATF and I recorded in the back of the taxi heading to the airport to fly back to the UK (and for me, at the time, The Netherlands) which details the 8 days of sheer hell we had to go thru to make the film, including one of the Italian charity representatives threatening me with physical violence for me refusing to let him operate one of my cameras (ATF and I were the only people I had insured for use of my equipment).  You can find the first part of it here, and follow the additional parts if interested from there; 

The second feature length documentary I made was a "How to make your own movie" film, which I shot on the set of a Dutch short film called 'Meating Penny', a film I also cut the trailer for and directed one of the death scenes.  This documentary is also unreleased as I failed to get people to sign release forms and as the short film that we had all worked on met with some success on the Dutch film festival circuit, a legal battle ensued between myself and the director and producers of the short film - they claimed they owned my film, I said they didn't and that if they wanted to own the film, they would have to pay me for the work which I charge my clients, which amounted to a cool 32,000 Euros.  With them being first time film makers who hadn't a leg to stand on, and me owning my own independent production company that was the true owner of the film, the guns were dropped and both parties eventually walked away.  However, I am only allowed to show the film to people in my own home, which is a tragedy because the film shows the huge amounts of love, fun, and dedication that everyone had on the set while making the short film and despite being bitter about how I was treated afterwards when egos flared up, I still think everyone who worked on the film should at least have a copy for themselves.  The trailer for this film can be found on YouTube, but the trailer for my documentary called 'Making Penny' is here; 

Other noteworthy videos I have made are lengthy interview videos with Troma legend Lloyd Kaufman (I'm rocking my Hatchetgear in this one - ), 80's Indonesian action movie star Peter O'Brian of 'Rambu' fame (which was shot in New Zealand -  ), and a 30 minute live concert video with my band Aphid (we're far from the best band ever - ).  I shoot on a Panasonic HVX200 and use a Rode NTG2 shotgun mic for audio recording, editing on a high-end iMac in Final Cut Pro.  I also have a Canon HV40 that I use as a B-cam for documentaries.

I agree that us independents should voice our art to Psychopathic - I am sure we would work for nothing, just for the chance to put a video of theirs on our creative resumes.  I wish you success with your art; it is a hard path to walk, but one that you can walk easily if you follow your heart and stand defiant against the odds.  Please feel free to hook me up with any work of yours, I would love to see your material. 

November 28, 2012
8:05 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

I love your attitude, and most of all your drive to already grab influential parties.

I have the HVX200 as well but don't think it can capture the look I need with it. If you have any ideas for post production besides that for digital but at the moment I have access to a RED ONE and beyond. I'm everywhere from Halifax to Toronto...

Claps hands

November 28, 2012
8:06 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

Boston and New York are ok, but that's it.

Stricktly Canadian, Ya'll

Claps hands

November 28, 2012
8:13 pm
MC_Cryptid
MC_Cryptid
Members

I bought the HVX200 with the intention of shooting a feature in 2009, but after the film collapsed after a third of it was shot and the frustrations of the P2 card workflow, I found it best to use it for documentary work and home videos shot on miniDV.  I would love to own a Red One, but its sadly out of my budget for the time being.  I am currently starting pre-production on a new feature film for next summer that I am considering shooting with a Canon 7D after working with Kevin Gates on the sequel to his feature debut 'The Zombie Diaries' (called 'World of the Dead: The Zombie Diaries 2') and being astonished by how it looked in the theatre.  I am in Canada occasionally, and would love to network with you and see if we can perhaps work on something in the future, be it simple advice, writing, producing, shooting, editing, or promotion - feel free to drop me a line on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/kataroo

November 28, 2012
8:14 pm
dilutid
dilutid
Members
Forum Posts: 165

the mutherfucker has to make money first before they spend anything on him, IMO.

theyre fucking stupid for signing him, nobody wants to hear this shit.

thats why strange is making them look like idiots.

of course, ICP is the big breadwinner, but shit, they dont even put effort into signing any fresh blood.

then again if i was in the game underground doing my thing, gettin props, im really not sure Id even want to be on Psychopathic.

I mean, J said in interviews he dont like rappers talkin about shocking shit for shock value, so I think theyre just limiting themselves, and hence fucking themselves.

I mean, i think some of us are getting bored with just ICP.

November 28, 2012
8:18 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

joe bruce will never have an artist on that label, better then i.c.p. ! if they get sum heat, he will hold them back !

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

November 28, 2012
8:22 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

lol twiztids better than them

November 28, 2012
8:23 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

MC_Cryptid said:

I bought the HVX200 with the intention of shooting a feature in 2009, but after the film collapsed after a third of it was shot and the frustrations of the P2 card workflow, I found it best to use it for documentary work and home videos shot on miniDV.  I would love to own a Red One, but its sadly out of my budget for the time being.  I am currently starting pre-production on a new feature film for next summer that I am considering shooting with a Canon 7D after working with Kevin Gates on the sequel to his feature debut 'The Zombie Diaries' (called 'World of the Dead: The Zombie Diaries 2') and being astonished by how it looked in the theatre.  I am in Canada occasionally, and would love to network with you and see if we can perhaps work on something in the future, be it simple advice, writing, producing, shooting, editing, or promotion - feel free to drop me a line on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/kataroo

I will definitely add you on facebook. The Red one is easily accessible up here....

it's all up to $ in the end

Claps hands

November 28, 2012
8:23 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

dilutid said:

I mean, J said in interviews he dont like rappers talkin about shocking shit for shock value, so I think theyre just limiting themselves, and hence fucking themselves.

I mean, i think some of us are getting bored with just ICP.

& shock value rap's wack..

November 28, 2012
8:29 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

Ever heard of "Hobo With A Shotgun"????

Next door neighbors with me, bro...

Claps hands

November 28, 2012
8:39 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

who me? nah never heard of it.. just googled it tho.. any good??

November 28, 2012
9:08 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

Watch that asap… hahahhhaha....It's better than the trailer park boys....the only thing Eastern Canada is known for ....hahhahah

Hobo with a shotgun is an East Coast Canadian classic!!!

Claps hands

November 28, 2012
9:14 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

Straight up, this shit was filmed in Dartmouth....The Darkside of Murderous Halifax...

Jason Eisner is the man behind it all....

Don't forget to thank him.

Claps hands

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
63 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Indica cart, sickjuggalo666, RichardTourl, AntonioJox, RonaldThono

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845