April 23, 2024
43 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
HatchetmanMJ
KNOTFEST 2014
September 14, 2014
4:16 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

New Slipknot Bassist’s Identity Revealed?

Slipknot BassistImage Enlarger

Wow, it looks like the identity of Slipknot‘s new bass player has been exposed! Fans have been predicting that original Slipknot guitarist Donnie Steele, who has performed live in place of the late Paul Gray, would become the band’s new official bassist. However, some careful detective work by MetalChapel seems to prove otherwise.

Earlier today, (Sept. 12) Slipknot finally revealed their music video for ‘The Devil in I’ (watch below). In addition to showing off Slipknot’s new masks, it’s the first piece of footage to include the band’s new bassist and drummer and their identical new masks. Slipknot’s new drummer doesn’t get much screen time in ‘The Devil in I,’ but the bass player gets just enough exposure to seemingly close the case on whose face is behind the mask.

Thanks to a very distinctive tattoo, Slipknot’s new bassist is believed to be Alessandro ‘Vman’ Venturella, who has worked as a guitar tech for Mastodon, Fightstar and Coheed & Cambria. Venturella also plays guitar for the band Krokodil.

Side by side, the left hand of Venturella matches that of Slipknot’s current bassist (see above). You can see the skull and spider design on the back of his hand, while the letters on the man’s knuckles read “DETH.” See a full shot of Venturella in the Facebook photo below:

Read More: New Slipknot Bassist's Identity Revealed? | http://loudwire.com/slipknot-n.....ck=tsmclip

[Image Can Not Be Found]

September 14, 2014
4:23 pm
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
Members
Forum Posts: 902

Generic or not, the mask they wear is cool, and I like that the drummer's long hair hangs out and all over his face, making it look somewhat different, while the bassist wears what looks like a rubber skull cap to cover his hair.  The new masks are pretty cool, though two of them could be a LITTLE bit different, as they are way too similar to past designs.  Then again, Mick hasn't changed his ever I don't think and his Dr. Doom lookin shit is still cool.  And James Root's is pretty much the same as his AHIG mask, with the bottom part cut out to reveal a vicious unabomber beard.

I'm the neck cutta and I'm one block away...

OCJ_Brendan said
Haha I hope everyone enjoys their Leg Diamond limited edition Beach towels...

September 14, 2014
4:38 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

MetalHorrorGuitarWhat said
Generic or not, the mask they wear is cool, and I like that the drummer's long hair hangs out and all over his face, making it look somewhat different, while the bassist wears what looks like a rubber skull cap to cover his hair.  The new masks are pretty cool, though two of them could be a LITTLE bit different, as they are way too similar to past designs.  Then again, Mick hasn't changed his ever I don't think and his Dr. Doom lookin shit is still cool.  And James Root's is pretty much the same as his AHIG mask, with the bottom part cut out to reveal a vicious unabomber beard.

I wish Joey was still in Slipknot. Shit makes me sad. I hope we get to find out what the fuck happened with all that. The new drummer and the bassist  have the same mask. I like clowns mask looks evil as fuck.Corey's is cool too might take some time getting used to.I really like the horror route they are taking with this release. Graig,Mick and Jim really haven't changed from their OG masks..updated a bit. Same with Chris Fehn ..he looks like chromeskull now..Sids is cool too. I really don't care about their masks much, just their music and they always make dope music. AHIG is their weakest album imo. Has a lot of great songs but you could tell their heart wasn't in the right place during that time and it made for an album that didn't  quite feel like a Slipknot record.Weird flow to that album that doesn't seem to come together very well like their previous records. Songs like Vendetta and Gehenna, don't feel like fleshed out Slipknot songs to me.Those songs kinda slowed that album down. With this new music, they seem to have that fire set under them again, especially after the death of Paul(RIP), they seem to know where they need to be right now and what their fans want . They are pissed off and I fucking love it.

September 14, 2014
4:42 pm
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
Members

Violentdope said

I wish Joey was still in Slipknot. Shit makes me sad. I hope we get to find out what the fuck happened with all that. The new drummer and the bassist  have the same mask. I like clowns mask looks evil as fuck.Corey's is cool too might take some time getting used to.I really like the horror route they are taking with this release. Graig,Mick and Jim really haven't changed from their OG masks..updated a bit. Same with Chris fehn ..he looks like chromeskull now..Sids is cool too. I really dont care about their masks just about their music and they always make dope music. AHIG is their weakest album. Has  a lot of great songs of you could tell their heart wasnt in the right place during that time and it made for a album that didnt  quite feel like a slipknot record.Werid flow to the album that doesnt congeal that their previous ones. Songs like Vendetta and Ghenna dont feel like fleshed out slipknot songs.kinda slowed that album down. With this new music they seem to have that fire set under them again, especially after the death of Paul(RIP) they seem to know where they need to be and what their fans want . They are pissed off and I fucking love it.

Corey's is the one with the messy ass hair looking like he just broke out of an insane asylum right?  Yeah, AHIG seemed like they going through the motions PLUS couldn't decide if they were Slipsour or Stoneknot.

OCJ_Brendan said

September 14, 2014
4:50 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

Violentdope said

I wish Joey was still in Slipknot. Shit makes me sad. I hope we get to find out what the fuck happened with all that. The new drummer and the bassist  have the same mask. I like clowns mask looks evil as fuck.Corey's is cool too might take some time getting used to.I really like the horror route they are taking with this release. Graig,Mick and Jim really haven't changed from their OG masks..updated a bit. Same with Chris fehn ..he looks like chromeskull now..Sids is cool too. I really dont care about their masks just about their music and they always make dope music. AHIG is their weakest album. Has  a lot of great songs of you could tell their heart wasnt in the right place during that time and it made for a album that didnt  quite feel like a slipknot record.Werid flow to the album that doesnt congeal that their previous ones. Songs like Vendetta and Ghenna dont feel like fleshed out slipknot songs.kinda slowed that album down. With this new music they seem to have that fire set under them again, especially after the death of Paul(RIP) they seem to know where they need to be and what their fans want . They are pissed off and I fucking love it.

Corey's is the one with the messy ass hair looking like he just broke out of an insane asylum right?  Yeah, AHIG seemed like they going through the motions PLUS couldn't decide if they were Slipsour or Stoneknot.

messy hair dude is Clown, he does percussion/videos/photography..Corey is the singer. Vol 3 had a lot of singing and slowed down shit too like  stone sour, but vol 3 was a way better album than AHIG. Way more focused of a record and was recorded at the Houdini mansion in LA owned by Rick Rubin who recorded vol 3.

September 14, 2014
6:00 pm
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
Members

Violentdope said

Violentdope said

messy hair dude is Clown, he does percussion/videos/photography..Corey is the singer. Vol 3 had a lot of singing and slowed down shit too like  stone sour, but vol 3 was a way better album than AHIG. Way more focused of a record and was recorded at the Houdini mansion in LA owned by Rick Rubin who recorded vol 3.

I know what Corey and Clown do, but I apparently mixed up who was who when I saw the band photo recently.  I did however surmise that the tattooed hand dude was the bassist [remember, I haven't watched the music video because I want it all to be fresh when I get the CD].  As for Vol 3 vs AHIG, I agree.  Vol 3 had some slowed down shit, but I felt it was more of a versatile album than the rest and really enjoyed it, especially the leads.  In fact, I want the supposed original cuts of the first album with solos like Mick has talked about.  Apparently Ross cut them out cuz it wasn't hip at the time.

OCJ_Brendan said

September 14, 2014
6:07 pm
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
Members

Is this Corey's new mask, then?  

slipknot-the-devil-in-i-music-vi.jpgImage Enlarger

Kinda reminds me of a mix between the mask in the film Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon with a jaw piece taken from Leatherface.

OCJ_Brendan said

September 14, 2014
10:19 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

Is this Corey's new mask, then?  

slipknot-the-devil-in-i-music-vi.jpgImage Enlarger

Kinda reminds me of a mix between the mask in the film Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon with a jaw piece taken from Leatherface.

ya...he has a top mask that he takes off during the video that goes with that bottom jaw part..

Corey-Taylor-1Image Enlarger

Corey-Taylor-2Image Enlarger

September 15, 2014
12:04 am
twiztidkillaxxx2
twiztidkillaxxx2
Members
Forum Posts: 4364

I'm 5 years late,  But I bought the 10 year anniversary of the 1st album.  I'm so happy purity is on there.  I either had to go to my disastepieces dvd or listen to the live version.  And the dvd that came with the anniversary cd was dopeas fuck. I'm trying to go see slipknot and korn in Wisconsin since there is no Minnesota date. 

September 15, 2014
12:05 am
twiztidkillaxxx2
twiztidkillaxxx2
Members

I like Coreys new mask also

September 15, 2014
12:52 am
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
Members

It definitely beats that face condom shit he was wearing for AHIG.

OCJ_Brendan said

September 15, 2014
12:54 am
twiztidkillaxxx2
twiztidkillaxxx2
Members

That mask wasn't too bad. Looked like it was carved on wood

September 15, 2014
4:03 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

twiztidkillaxxx2 said
I'm 5 years late,  But I bought the 10 year anniversary of the 1st album.  I'm so happy purity is on there.  I either had to go to my disastepieces dvd or listen to the live version.  And the dvd that came with the anniversary cd was dopeas fuck. I'm trying to go see slipknot and korn in Wisconsin since there is no Minnesota date. 

sux they aren't coming to cali for that tour. I'm gonna see Slipknot at Knotfest, so that will be dope. I  have seen Korn a lot and they always play the same fuckin songs, so Im not too big on them much these days..I was a huge Korn fan back in the day but they lost me lately..I still like most of their shit though. Slipknot plays a lot of the same songs too but its fuckin slipknot!!The knot live is like a drug..freshness.Same as ICP. I cant get enough of that shit..

Disasterpieces is a dope DVD.Love that shit.

It definitely beats that face condom shit he was wearing for AHIG.

concur. His last mask took awhile before I got used to it.Reminds me of this for some reason...

bug-out-bob-3.jpgImage Enlarger

Corey's mask from vol. 3 was the shit... he should've kept it and done different variations of it.

1236344591385_f.jpgImage Enlarger

OAAAAFCM0MH1l6OuNrVqeWwFQv-dVmum2R7x-MT1waZwq3470KwXA3kF-Z30lrh-zzYokkkRBwAEThkUswzLv4PljaEAm1T1UPwIIMHBcjihSjOSru3-UhskyC4i.jpgImage Enlarger

also I don't really care for the cover of the new slipknot record...

5_The_Gray_Chapter_Artwork.jpgImage Enlarger

they should have used The Negative One or Devil in I  cover for their album...either one would have been better.

the_negative_one_slipknot.jpgImage Enlarger

slipknot+-+the+devil+in+i+5b20145d.jpgImage Enlarger

September 15, 2014
9:30 pm
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
MetalHorrorGuitarWhat
Members

Vol 3 was a pretty sick mask.  That and Corey's first mask are the best.  I also agree in regards to the cover.  It's kinda odd to be honest.  Whatever though, the music matters more than any of that bullshit so bring it on.

OCJ_Brendan said

September 15, 2014
10:04 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

Vol 3 was a pretty sick mask.  That and Corey's first mask are the best.  I also agree in regards to the cover.  It's kinda odd to be honest.  Whatever though, the music matters more than any of that bullshit so bring it on.

completely agree dude, can't wait to hear that shit.

September 15, 2014
11:54 pm
twiztidkillaxxx2
twiztidkillaxxx2
Members

The song prey for me is sick.  I went crowd surfing during that song last year. And I dont like the new slipknot cover either. 

September 16, 2014
12:25 am
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

twiztidkillaxxx2 said
The song prey for me is sick.  I went crowd surfing during that song last year. And I dont like the new slipknot cover either. 

Korn song??  ya that's a good track. Korn is great live. Lots of energy too. They sound better live now than they did in the past, but I miss the darker shit they used to do. Little bit too poppy these days, they need to get that darker shit back, but its too late for that now I think. They still put out some good songs though. Their new drummer Ray Luzier is a solid drummer.Cool fuckin dude too. Head being back is cool too, but the Paradigm shift was a let down to me. That record and the untitled one with that drummer Terry Bozzio were kinda lame. Hopefully they can find that creative fire again to make some dope shit. Maybe Fieldy needs to get hit by a bus so they can find that creative spark again like Slipknot or Deftones. Both lost bass players and are still making great music. Might be on to something here....

September 16, 2014
1:06 am
twiztidkillaxxx2
twiztidkillaxxx2
Members

Lol that's fucked up. But yeah I didn't like the the last few korn albums.  But prey for me is from paradigm shift and is the only song I like from it 

That new song they released a few months back was gay.  Hater i think it's called

September 16, 2014
1:42 am
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

twiztidkillaxxx2 said
Lol that's fucked up. But yeah I didn't like the the last few korn albums.  But prey for me is from paradigm shift and is the only song I like from it 

That new song they released a few months back was gay.  Hater i think it's called

PSA:  VD don't mean no harm to Mr. Feel deez nuts..

I was thinking of Beg for Me when you said prey for me...lol..ya that song is cool too, one of the better tracks on that record..I liked Hater..didn't know there was a video for it..interesting..has a freddy vibe goin on..the song is cool but the samples of the kids talking about lame shit is wack...they are making a new record right now..interesting to see where they go with it.

September 16, 2014
2:52 am
twiztidkillaxxx2
twiztidkillaxxx2
Members

Yeah the paradigm shift world tour edition. I think that's what it's called

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
78 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

MichaelDes, THC Edibles, DeweySew, JosephPrope, Larrylak

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845