Several weeks back, a college student named Anna contacted me about a project that she’s working on where she needs opinions and pictures from Juggalos. I’ve spoken to her at length already, and she definitely has our best interest at heart.
Around 15 years ago when I was in college, I reached out to Hardcore Mike of the now defunct RealJuggalos.com who was generous enough to help me out with a few questions for a term paper. I have never forgotten that, and since then have paid it forward. Hopefully you ninjas can help her out!
Here’s what she needs. She’d like to get some photos of you and/or your homies (painted up or not). She would like photos of you at events, your personal spaces (bedroom), accessories, art, etc.
Also, she’s got some questions that she’d like for you to answer. Please answer as many or as few as you would like:
- What does it mean to be a Juggalo/Juggalette?
- How important is it to look like a Juggalo/lette? (i.e. fashion style, tattoos, face paint, etc)
- How does being a Juggalo/lette impact your daily life?
- What does Faygo symbolize to you?
- How do you most often use or see Faygo being used?
- Do you see the Juggalo Family as a subculture?
- If so, do you think the Juggalo Family will ever be fully accepted into society?
- Is there anything you would like to say to my audience directly?
- Do you have any questions for me or for my audience?
- Any general statements/additional info you would like to include?
If you’re reading this, please take a few minutes and help her out. Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. She would truly appreciate it, and it’s just another way to shine a positive light on us!