March 28, 2024
61 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

HatchetHouse
The Warlock - Blue Glass *Video* (2021 Single!)
April 28, 2021
12:26 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11696
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 29, 2021
4:35 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
April 30, 2021
8:28 am
Noawareness
Noawareness
Members
Forum Posts: 511

I genuinely don't mean any offense by this but if you're taking this seriously, you need to invest in mixing and mastering. Either read a lot of material on the subject matter and practice until your ears bleed or pay someone to do it.

April 30, 2021
11:00 am
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

Noawareness said
I genuinely don't mean any offense by this but if you're taking this seriously, you need to invest in mixing and mastering. Either read a lot of material on the subject matter and practice until your ears bleed or pay someone to do it.  

Thanks for listening.. what sounds off to you? the eq? compression? the background vocals?

in the past I didnt like how peoples mixing would change the sound of my voice.. so I just do it myself..

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

April 30, 2021
11:11 am
Noawareness
Noawareness
Members

Again, this is probably gonna sound like I'm shitting on you but just what I hear... All the layers of vocals are too high. The vocals just sit on top of the beat.

I imagine your beats are already mastered and you don't use stems? It's not impossible to make that work but just mean you need to work harder to integrate the vocals with the beat.

Not sure what software your using but might be worth getting something more basic like Adobe Audition and adding some studio presets to the vocals and bringing them down a little. I dunno. Without having the files in front of me, it's hard to say but might be worth finding a student or someone who is learning sound engineering and needs something to practice with, if you don't want to spend real money on it.

Personally I'd drop one of the vocal layers and maybe add some reverb to your main vocal track, if that's the sound you're going for.

Ideally you need 2 separate people to mix and master. If the guy who mixes your vocals also masters the track, there tends to be a bias and you end up getting what they want and not what's best for your track.

April 30, 2021
11:40 am
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

yeah, I feel ya.. Yeah my beats are mastered/finished, I use an old pro tools.. when I use reverb on a hook its quite af.. not really a fan of that sound..

yeah, its not easy to find a mixer who delivers exactly what you want.. ive heard lowered bass, changed voices, too much compression, backs too high.. 9/10 % of the time youre not gonna want to use a student/amateur.. My dude SK will just say thank you & roll with it but there was only ONE dude who I felt did a good job mixing his stuff..

April 30, 2021
12:35 pm
Noawareness
Noawareness
Members

Just gotta find someone you can work with, rather than someone who will work for you. That, or you can get deep into tutorials on YouTube and read a tonne of shit about sound engineering.

If you keep your old project files, might be worth going over old shit and starting by mastering that.

Do you use a decent mic and pop screen? Might also be an idea to check your levels on the mic because it sounds like you're on top of it.

April 30, 2021
1:11 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

yeah I have the majority of my files.. & Yeah i have a great mic & screen..

if I ever blow up i'll go back & fix stuff up.. or once I get a decent car stereo im sure im gonna need to step up my sound quality..

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: ketofxpriserfarenheter
86 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

ketofxpriserfarenheter, morbidmikey, Promotionalows, Justinvam, Raymondaqual

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845