April 28, 2024
107 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Offishal GOTJ 18 Thredd
February 3, 2017
10:23 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9042
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Look at me, trying to make something official.... alas....

So apparently it will not take place in Colorado. I never believed it would, and voiced this opinion before. Ah well. Maybe it is for the breast. Best, I mean. Best.

So it will still take place in the west coast.

If it's around Vegas, I'll go. Was there about a year ago for Violent J solo show. 

I don't think the Recreational Weed shops will be up and running by then, but...

Nevada is one of the only states with medical marijuana reciprocation. I have legally purchased there before. I can buy an ounce a day.

Now that that's out of the way... where do you think the GOTJ 2017 will be? Where would you want it to be, out west?

I still wish it were Colorado. But somewhere around Vegas would be cool, but deadly hot and dry. It wouldn't be feasible in any desert atmosphere in August unless there was adequate sun cover for all the masses, and misting tents and free water. Swimming pools or lakes would be even better.

"Finding Dory" is on Netflix, and the girls were just watching it. It's not nearly as interesting to me as the first one, but that blue fish had a good point, a little speech about plans. And how plans never work, so what's the point in them?

She's right. Everything happens for a reason. I don't 100% believe that, maybe 80%. Either way, maybe a Gathering is better suited to a more farther West location. Oregon, northern California. Somewhere a bit cooler than the desert and plain states.

whatcha think?

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

Carnivalkilla44
February 4, 2017
4:01 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
February 4, 2017
4:14 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

A chick I met last night just randomly mentioned that finding dory was on netflix now...I'm totally watching it tonight!

I think having the gathering in a desert area would be ridiculous. Like, fuck that. I mean I'd still go, obviously 

February 4, 2017
5:20 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

The nerd in me wants it to be around Vegas too. Only because of Fallout: New Vegas. I've been meaning to go to Vegas and hit up some of the spots in the game but my wallet keeps disagreeing. I can excuse it if I hit em for the Gathering. 

Kind of like a Gathering Burning Man, which sounds both dangerous as fuck and super "fresh" as you kids are keen on saying. 

February 4, 2017
5:33 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

You do NOT want it in Vegas in August. Trust. You thought Ohio was hot? You ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm hoping for norcal. It would be a drive but we got some cool forestry up there and if it is near arcata i have a place to crash for free. 

Most likely I'm seeing Wyoming. 

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

bayAreaShaman

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

February 4, 2017
6:05 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

They are trying to book the Burning Man site.

February 5, 2017
12:18 am
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

JC said
A chick I met last night just randomly mentioned that finding dory was on netflix now...I'm totally watching it tonight!

I think having the gathering in a desert area would be ridiculous. Like, fuck that. I mean I'd still go, obviously   

Totally just watched that movie.  It's frickin adorable.  And the plan speech is the cutest.  She's all like "Did you and I plan to meet? Well, I don't think we did and that's because the best things happen by chance because that's life and that's you being with me out in the ocean and not safe in some stupid glass box."   (aweee) 

I don't see how that applies to planning for the next gathering though lol.  ninjas...you should definitely plan ahead for the gathering, so yay for this offishal thredd:)  

February 5, 2017
12:27 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

'no battle plan survives contact with the enemy.'  

i forget where i heard that, but theyve been sayin it since arrows were the latest in artillery.  

the lesson to be learned is, you dont plan out what will happen; ultimately, you plan for that moment when the original plan goes to hell.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 13, 2017
1:41 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

@scottied 

I really would like some info on the GOTJ. @scottied , have you heard anything? I am starting to get worried. I don't care about gaming con or the march. I only want a gathering... not associated with the march.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

ScottieD, MASTERWEEDO
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
February 13, 2017
1:44 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

seems like whatever updates there may be in the offing, we would be hearing about this weekend.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 13, 2017
2:29 pm
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845

Psyral Infection said
@scottied 

I really would like some info on the GOTJ. @scottied , have you heard anything? I am starting to get worried. I don't care about gaming con or the march. I only want a gathering... not associated with the march.  

I unfortunately don't know anything other than what has been said on Psychopathic Radio.  I do know it's a stressful situation and that as of last week, nothing was set in stone.  The Gathering and March are STILL 2 separate events....that has not changed

scruffy said
seems like whatever updates there may be in the offing, we would be hearing about this weekend.    

I am hoping this is the case.

February 13, 2017
2:56 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

Fuck Vegas in Aug but Sam Boyd might be fun. Lake Mead would be bad ass. I'd like to see it at The Gorge, Cal Expo or Shoreline. God the Gorge would be fucking sick. Long shot there. I didn't really expect it to be in Colorado. They have been saying that for 16 years. ICP can't book a show here let alone a Gathering. They wish. 

The Gorge:

Vp3Zy3K.jpgImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Guest :

V_Ron
February 13, 2017
5:28 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Guest said
Fuck Vegas in Aug but Sam Boyd might be fun. Lake Mead would be bad ass. I'd like to see it at The Gorge, Cal Expo or Shoreline. God the Gorge would be fucking sick. Long shot there. I didn't really expect it to be in Colorado. They have been saying that for 16 years. ICP can't book a show here let alone a Gathering. They wish. 

The Gorge:

Sucks cus they used to do Red Rocks shows. 

I think there should be some sort of program where Gathering tickets can be offered at half the price to like 100 or so people if they choose to stay on a cleaning crew afterwards, and let potential bookers know about it to keep the peace.

They could receive cold hard cash back after their clean up, or a choice of merch or whatever. It would keep the venues or campgrounds from worrying about clean up coats and labor. Anyone that stays longer can be paid more or given more stuff. They can also have a cool memorable photo and legacy in upcoming Gathering booklets. 

February 13, 2017
5:50 pm
Members

I went to all three RR shows. The venue is beautiful but would never work for GOTJ. Besides not being welcome, there is no camping and a very strictly enforced 11:30 cerfew. They fine the shit out of you if you go one minute over. Plus the moshing at RR is minimal, dangerous and will get you instantly 86ed. They started really cracking down there. I don't see a way around the camping. Red Rocks is unsuitable for festivals. 

February 13, 2017
6:12 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Guest said
I went to all three RR shows. The venue is beautiful but would never work for GOTJ. Besides not being welcome, there is no camping and a very strictly enforced 11:30 cerfew. They fine the shit out of you if you go one minute over. Plus the moshing at RR is minimal, dangerous and will get you instantly 86ed. They started really cracking down there. I don't see a way around the camping. Red Rocks is unsuitable for festivals.   

Oh fuck no for a Gathering, I never assumed that. My family and I finally went there just to check it out a few months back, it's dangerous enough just walking up those steps. I don't even think metal bands should play there. I know Tech and Cypress n such still play there, and it's an indescribably beautiful place.... but it's not made for certain kinds of energies, most def.

I forget that you're a Coloradian, dawg. We got a meet up sometime so I can call you an asshole to your face lol... do you have a favorite dispensary you hit up? I've been working at this joint by Fort Morgan for 2.5 years now.

February 13, 2017
6:28 pm
Members

I go to like twelve different places in the Boulder area. My favorite stuff comes from a non-commercial grower in Nederland. If I end up going through Ft. Morgan I can check your shop out for sure. I don't get out of Boulder County too often anymore. Yeah a show at RR would be the shit. I remember Happy Daze was originally billed for Red Rocks then it got switched to Fillmore. I was hella bummed. 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

Old Mr Dangerous
February 13, 2017
8:40 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

Guest said

The Gorge:

Yes! The Gorge is one of my favorite outdoor venues. Unbelievably gorgeous. I saw the last (and free) show of Ozzfest there back in 2006.

I think its either going to be in western Washington or northern California. Anything in the desert would be a terrible idea.

February 13, 2017
9:47 pm
JabroniKilla
JabroniKilla
Members
Forum Posts: 1470

I had fun at the gorge as a kid saw Whitney Houston no doubt and wheezer there over a weekend and went camping I was like 13.but I remember Wu Tang and ratm played there and cops pulled over a shitload of people busted them for weed before it was legal out here and they used to have another concert series every summer ...Summer jam then that changed venues after shootings and stabbings so long story short the gorge would not be a juggalo friendly place I don't think they do any kind of hip hop shows anymore any the cops are tryin to make it rain tickets

February 13, 2017
9:58 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

that place looks sublime. 

I believe that if you put ANYONE, Juggalos included, in the right environment, then you will produce sublime vibes.

Just how rotten instances produce rotten vibes. Say what you want about religion, spirituality, beliefs, Christ, music, love, drugs, seances, murder, laughter, the works... it is my firm feeling that certain planes on our planet produce evil or loving vibes. Everlasting.

Put Juggalos there and we will have the best Gathering ever.

February 13, 2017
10:34 pm
JabroniKilla
JabroniKilla
Members
Forum Posts: 1470

The Wu Tang  and rage against the machine show was supposed to be about bringing together rap and rock fans, cops saw it as a way to pass out alot tickets I mean aloot it made the news hundreds of cars pulled over going into the gorge . I know the gathering goes off without fights and what not but still sum hick ass cops in Eastern WA. Just see it as a payday to meet quotas and I think the camping is separate from the gorge venue last time I went anyways.i would love if the gathering was in my home state but if it was at the the gorge I see a large police force being in area would rather see it In Oregon in the woods somewhere I know there are alot of biker rallies out this way WA/ore I think they should look at those grounds bikers kinda roll like us u know they police themselves have fun and all that shit

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
79 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart, sickjuggalo666, RichardTourl

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845