April 29, 2024
94 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official Gathering 2019 Thread!
May 27, 2019
3:58 am
kansascityking
kansascityking
Members
Forum Posts: 35
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
501sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said
Maybe they just forgot to mention Marilyn Manson and Slipknot?  

Those mainstream washed up overpriced artist won't be there they're on their own separate tour. C&c music kind of whack for a headliner.

Whoop whoop Kansas City!

May 27, 2019
9:13 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
502sp_Permalink sp_Print

I thought C & C is classic. They are a fun group, in my opinion. "Gonna Make You Sweat" (Everybody Dance Now), "Here We Go"(Let's Rock & Roll), "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm" . They are identifiable and if you are there to have fun and just let go and not care about what others think, it should be fun.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

MASTERWEEDO
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
May 27, 2019
11:54 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
503sp_Permalink sp_Print

kansascityking said
Those mainstream washed up overpriced artist won't be there they're on their own separate tour. C&c music kind of whack for a headliner.  

Ive seen Manson 4 times and was dissapointed once. He was being more actor than performer. More than half the words were mumbled. Still an entertaining show but i would have rather sang along than watched antics. Just seemed off. 

Slipknot someone else mentioned, that one isn't on me. Ive never seen them to say anything about them.

As for being 'washed up and overpriced.' They still do what they do and kill at it. Last ticket price i remember paying for Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper was maybe $40? Id pay that for the clowns.

C & C Music factory is what it is, just a nostalgic act. I only know two songs, the mainstream ones. Have to agree with Psyral, they could be fun depending on the crowd. Deep down, i could care either way.

Who would you want to see that wasnt mentioned?

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

May 27, 2019
12:19 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

I got to see my first shpongle live show this year,  that just happened to be their final performance, and now I get to repeat that with the geto boys....this is shaping up to be a soopa year!

Anyone else catch that blahzay is performing?  I smell a new release from her at the soopa gather  

Shpongle is amazing, I saw The Masquerade tour in 2012 twice, the first time was a festival and it was daytime....

They need to book Infected Mushroom one of these years.

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 27, 2019
12:49 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9042
505sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never saw Slipknot live, but from friend's first accounts and general consensus, they are supposed to be one of the most visceral, vivid and amazing modern metal shows money can buy. Watching their shows on YouTube even gets me hype. As my friend Tooch (RIP) said after seeing a Slipknot / SOAD show many years back: "they've got their fucking SHIT TOGETHER!!" He said as grand as SOAD was, they couldn't hold a candle to Slipknot that show. And I love both bands.

I'd be excited to see Rehab, despite them doing another whole paradigm shift as far as the musicians involved. Danny Boone is rapping with some new guy and I guess there is a staunch love-it-or-hate-it thing going on with the longtime fans. It will be interesting. . . Hoping one day Rehab do a track with ICP. 

I'm sad to be missing Bone Thugs (saw em at 2001 GOTJ)... Gilbert Gottfried... I've seen GWAR in the form of The Dave Brockie Experience I was told (blacked out drunk, cool story lol).... the C&C Music Factort thing is insanely strange. Hoping they done get bombarded. .  . Morris Day and the Time would be super fun, sounds like a smiley time... 

Saw Esham twice but yall have said his sets are better than ever these days so I would love to witness that. I think he has made a conscious decision to out on extra dope shows or something. He is having a Wicked Life Crisis (name of next album???)

Geto Boys. If Bushwick lives til then (gotta be realistic with yall) then this should be the highlight of the musical events. If I'm not mistaken, wasnt a previous GOTJ where Geto Boys reunited anyway? That shit is important. . I saw Bushwick at a previous GOTJ solo and that was good.

Jedi Mind Tricks, holy shit. Hope they get respect.

Those Insane Posse Clowns... that Nutty Jester Squad... they look fun.

That Transformers group is supposed to do video game covers, so I wonder if they are as dope as Bit Brigade (probably not):

KRS-ONE... sigh...

Lots of good shit. Yall have fun now...

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, renomike
May 28, 2019
8:38 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
506sp_Permalink sp_Print

MASTERWEEDO said

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

I got to see my first shpongle live show this year,  that just happened to be their final performance, and now I get to repeat that with the geto boys....this is shaping up to be a soopa year!

Anyone else catch that blahzay is performing?  I smell a new release from her at the soopa gather  

Shpongle is amazing, I saw The Masquerade tour in 2012 twice, the first time was a festival and it was daytime....

They need to book Infected Mushroom one of these years.  

I envy you ninja...im late to the game when it comes to shpongle. My lil bro showed me them in late 2015.  He also showed me Mike love that night too, what an impactful trip that was....and yes peacock spiders were apart of that night too,  along with Rick and Morty... Crazy times man. 

Shpongle went all the fuck out and it really seemed like we were inside a 3d holographic world in those red rocks... The lighting and effects were unimaginable...i still can't believe what I witnessed is even possible. It was hands down the most visually entertaining show I ever witnessed...plus it's fuckin shpongle's music live!!! That shit was like every time I got shpongled all wrapped up, times 1000,  into one moment! Truly ineffable!

As for infected mushroom, I'm not that hip. I've heard some of their stuff,  but don't remember why I didn't like it that much... One thing i love about shpongle and the genre they represent is that they don't do that damn repetitive Mmmmshhh Mmmmssssh Mmmmssssh like most EDM/techno/trance etc....im just curious on what's next to take over shpongle's throne,  cuz shpongle is perfect imo.

Ever hear of ozric tentacles?

May 28, 2019
8:51 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859
507sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Mmmmshhh Mmmmssssh Mmmmssssh 

lollollol

Whoop Whoop Split :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 29, 2019
6:32 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

I envy you ninja...im late to the game when it comes to shpongle. My lil bro showed me them in late 2015.  He also showed me Mike love that night too, what an impactful trip that was....and yes peacock spiders were apart of that night too,  along with Rick and Morty... Crazy times man. 

Shpongle went all the fuck out and it really seemed like we were inside a 3d holographic world in those red rocks... The lighting and effects were unimaginable...i still can't believe what I witnessed is even possible. It was hands down the most visually entertaining show I ever witnessed...plus it's fuckin shpongle's music live!!! That shit was like every time I got shpongled all wrapped up, times 1000,  into one moment! Truly ineffable!

As for infected mushroom, I'm not that hip. I've heard some of their stuff,  but don't remember why I didn't like it that much... One thing i love about shpongle and the genre they represent is that they don't do that damn repetitive Mmmmshhh Mmmmssssh Mmmmssssh like most EDM/techno/trance etc....im just curious on what's next to take over shpongle's throne,  cuz shpongle is perfect imo.

Imma look into Ozric.

I am still confused as to why the people behind the Summercamp festival insisted on putting Sphongle on during the day where you couldn't see the projections on the white boards. I was so happy that not long after they were playing by my house. I didn get ripped off buying bunk acid at the show though.

Infected Mushroom has gone through a few changes, the early stuff was just 2 people [best album is Classical Mushroom], but the newer stuff has a full backing band and is amazing.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 30, 2019
4:45 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
509sp_Permalink sp_Print

MASTERWEEDO said

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Imma look into Ozric.

I am still confused as to why the people behind the Summercamp festival insisted on putting Sphongle on during the day where you couldn't see the projections on the white boards. I was so happy that not long after they were playing by my house. I didn get ripped off buying bunk acid at the show though.

Infected Mushroom has gone through a few changes, the early stuff was just 2 people [best album is Classical Mushroom], but the newer stuff has a full backing band and is amazing.

Yeah, just like icp,  shpongle should be played only at night.

…In gather mode…

app=desktop

May 30, 2019
6:42 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
510sp_Permalink sp_Print

They should try to get Jason Mewes to host that night and introduce the Time.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Chuckieboy
May 30, 2019
9:19 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
511sp_Permalink sp_Print

MASTERWEEDO said
They should try to get Jason Mewes to host that night and introduce the Time.  

Add Kevin Smith... And MDatT has to open to Jungle Love upon introduction #SoopaEpic

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Old Mr Dangerous
May 31, 2019
6:59 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
512sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kevin should get a full stand up set.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 31, 2019
11:25 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898
513sp_Permalink sp_Print

Krs one getting the 4am spot on the big shazam stage blows my mind...When I saw the lineup I figured he would for sure at the absolute very least be on the main stage, even if he didn't headline . 

Whoop Whoop Chuckieboy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, MASTERWEEDO
May 31, 2019
11:43 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9042
514sp_Permalink sp_Print

Chuckieboy said
Krs one getting the 4am spot on the big shazam stage blows my mind...When I saw the lineup I figured he would for sure at the absolute very least be on the main stage, even if he didn't headline .   

I get you here. However I dont know the layout vibe at this place yet so maybe the Shazam will be bumpin as fuck at that time

But I agree that it would be more fitting to have him main stage. Who knows, really...? 

June 1, 2019
4:40 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
515sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kingspade should've gone on at 4am, that way at 4:20, they could play 420.

June 7, 2019
7:37 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
516sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welp, don't think the gathering is possible this year due to this week's events.  The whole week was horrible and today was the worse, and most likely won't be shit to what could happen in the coming hours/days/weeks/months to come. If no-one hears from me again,  just know that i Iove you and am thankful to have had y'all in my life,  juggalo family is an amazing thing to have in this plane of reality,  and anyone who disagrees can go eat a bowl of poop. 

Peace, love, and faygo!

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

bozodklown, Carnivalkilla44
June 7, 2019
7:52 pm
bozodklown
bozodklown
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 394
517sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
Welp, don't think the gathering is possible this year due to this week's events.  The whole week was horrible and today was the worse, and most likely won't be shit to what could happen in the coming hours/days/weeks/months to come. If no-one hears from me again,  just know that i Iove you and am thankful to have had y'all in my life,  juggalo family is an amazing thing to have in this plane of reality,  and anyone who disagrees can go eat a bowl of poop. 

Peace, love, and faygo!  

I don't like how much this reads as goodbye......

Whoop Whoop bozodklown :

MASTERWEEDO

Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

June 8, 2019
9:17 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
518sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Peace, love, and faygo!  

The biggest mistake one can make is to think they have to get out of whatever hole they find themselves in alone. By taking a cryptic stance and giving us no information, you put us in a helpless position. Please give us a little more information with which to work. The worse outcome is that we won't know how to help but there is always a possibility (even if you don't think there is) that maybe we can. Many of us on here have made it through hell and back and we may be able to assist or at least give information that you could choose to take.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

Carnivalkilla44, bozodklown, MASTERWEEDO
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 8, 2019
10:02 pm
the_patriot_smack
Moe Ray Al
Members
Forum Posts: 4481
519sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Peace, love, and faygo!  

AKA I just scored some discount drugs and they were laced with fentanyl and my girlfriend overdosed and now the police are looking into me I might get locked up and booty banged if there is any silver lining to this is that if I am lucky I will end up in the same prison as the s-word and it will be him booty banging me.

Peace, love and meth!

THE ALMIGHTY SMACK

June 9, 2019
9:19 pm
GothicShorty
GothicShorty
Members
Forum Posts: 26
520sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am for sure planning on being there...my ride situation kind of got fucky at the last minute, and I am in Carrollton, KY. I'm really just excited to be there to hang out, and see Gilbert, and GWAR, as well as ICP's acoustic set. And Jumpsteady, come on! :)

But yeah, if anyone is able to swoop by, and pick me up in KY, inbox me here. lol

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
56 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart, sickjuggalo666, RichardTourl

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845